[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Tensor

Just now, Die Zimtzicke said:

Because Lorre felt the show could not go on without Jim. I think Jim knew that.

Lorre said that he wouldn't do TBBT without any of the big three.  If any one of them had backed out he would have ended it.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Because Lorre felt the show could not go on without Jim. I think Jim knew that.

The show would not have been the same without Sheldon, so Parsons not wanting to go on did doom the original show.  I do think a spin-off about Lenny with occasional guest appearances from Howard, Bernadette, Raj and Amy would work though.

• Like 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Lorre said that he wouldn't do TBBT without any of the big three.  If any one of them had backed out he would have ended it.

And rightly so.

4 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I do think a spin-off about Lenny with occasional guest appearances from Howard, Bernadette, Raj and Amy would work though.

I wouldn't even consider watching that.  But I doubt it is even being considered.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

And rightly so.

I wouldn't even consider watching that.  But I doubt it is even being considered.

Lorre and Kaley has talked about the idea of a Lenny spinoff. But nothing substantial. 

I agree that they could not continue without the big 3. Tbh Johnny and Kaley were probably pretty close to saying no more. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I agree that they could not continue without the big 3. Tbh Johnny and Kaley were probably pretty close to saying no more. 

after 12 years and more millions than any of us can even consider you really have to love the show and characters to come in to work and be happy

while i think they are all pretty happy right now it doesn't take long for that to change and its possible that was a consideration for them all as well, even though jim parsons was the first to go who knows how long the rest of them were ok keeping it going, i think i saw a couple of reports that said most of them only wanted another 1 or 2 years anyways, so it was coming to a close either way 

am aware kaley has said she loves her character and would play her forever if she could but again my point above

Edited by MookiStar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Because Lorre felt the show could not go on without Jim. I think Jim knew that

Probably. But unless Lorre said something to that effect, I doubt Jim knew that for sure.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

I think Jim did Johnny a giant favor by becoming "the bad guy" instead. Obviously I don't know for sure, but I have the feeling Johnny might have said no if Jim hadn't, and I belueve the backlash would have been much harder against Johnny than it was/is against Jim.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, bfm said:

I think Jim did Johnny a giant favor by becoming "the bad guy" instead. Obviously I don't know for sure, but I have the feeling Johnny might have said no if Jim hadn't, and I belueve the backlash would have been much harder against Johnny than it was/is against Jim.

Probably so, maybe Jim just beat him to the punch!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

I just hope the article doesn't bring the writers any more stupid thoughts.
Btw. after watching the embedded video I got the idea of Leonard:

"Well, it's not silly if you think of that group as being led by a big, evil baby."

o_220.gif.50082a3bba0d886d76f7fca1dce722de.gif
S7 - The Table Polarization

Edited by veejay

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

I highly doubt that tptb will consider this and literally if the writers of this article looked online further they would know that a lot of people love Shamy and Holland has even said that he wouldn't even consider breaking them up now.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, BobtheBlob said:

I highly doubt that tptb will consider this and literally if the writers of this article looked online further they would know that a lot of people love Shamy and Holland has even said that he wouldn't even consider breaking them up now.

Yeah, not sure who are the BBT fans they're talking about, who prefer that he'll end up with Paige... I haven't seen any comment like this being made, not on forums, not on fanfiction, not on Youtube or Facebook (granted, I don't read each and every comment made about TBBT or YS, I'm talking about what I personally came upon). They mention 2-3 Reddit comments and 2-3 Youtube ones, but generalizing from that to "TBBT fans" seems rather silly (also, some may just be the same people).

Also, I watched the latest YS episode (I wasn't feeling well so I was slightly bored) and Paige appeared. They didn't seem to have anything even slightly romantic hapenning between them, and Sheldon did not seem to be even intrigued by her as he was by Amy from the very first moment.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, bfm said:

Yeah, not sure who are the BBT fans they're talking about, who prefer that he'll end up with Paige... I haven't seen any comment like this being made, not on forums, not on fanfiction, not on Youtube or Facebook (granted, I don't read each and every comment made about TBBT or YS, I'm talking about what I personally came upon). 

Also, I watched the latest YS episode (I wasn't feeling well so I was slightly bored) and Paige appeared. They didn't seem to have anything even slightly romantic hapenning between them, and Sheldon did not seem to be even intrigued by her as he was by Amy from the very first moment.

Here you go.

reddit.com

1 minute ago, veejay said:

Here you go.

reddit.com

Yeah, I fixed it, but still, I don't get the impression that this is such a popular opinion. Seems more like something some people who really like YS want, but if someone made a sruvey among all TBBT fans I doubt most would prefer Paige over Amy.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, bfm said:

Yeah, I fixed it, but still, I don't get the impression that this is such a popular opinion. Seems more like something some people who really like YS want, but if someone made a sruvey among all TBBT fans I doubt most would prefer Paige over Amy.

Since I refuse to have anything to do with that other show, I must ask who the heck is Paige?

27 minutes ago, chucky said:

Since I refuse to have anything to do with that other show, I must ask who the heck is Paige?

Someone commented on the article saying Penny+Amy=Paige. Don’t watch YS to know if that’s right.

42 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Someone commented on the article saying Penny+Amy=Paige. Don’t watch YS to know if that’s right.

I haven't seen all the episodes, but I didn't get this impression. She's a child genuis like Sheldon but also acts like a kid, and is somewhat awkward. 

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic