[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Is there a taping tonight? The main Taping and Broadcast  Schedule thread hasn't been updated since October.  According to the main TV Audience Tickets site there is not 

Yes there is.  Last one of 2018.

• Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 1

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

I have no doubt and will be unbearable

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

True he will be unbearable as he is both a sore loser and  ungracious winner.....but at least it will be in the finale and we won't have to hear it again

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I have no doubt and will be unbearable

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Is there any doubt? He's unbearable without the Nobel Prize!

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

True he will be unbearable as he is both a sore loser and  ungracious winner.....but at least it will be in the finale and we won't have to hear it again

So true!

• Like 2

JMO any Nobel prize winning will happen at the end. Also JMO this wedding idea will be killed off. If the beaten to death advertised crossover episode didn’t add viewers a Raj wedding  won’t. I read online somewhere TPTB are a bit concerned over last weeks viewership,

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

JMO any Nobel prize winning will happen at the end. Also JMO this wedding idea will be killed off. If the beaten to death advertised crossover episode didn’t add viewers a Raj wedding  won’t. I read online somewhere TPTB are a bit concerned over last weeks viewership,

You and I  think just the same, as I wrote in my post that the Nobel prize story could happen in the finale. Viewership lies steady at about 12 million people, nothing TPTB will do will change that, in my opinion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

You and I  think just the same, as I wrote in my post that the Nobel prize story could happen in the finale. Viewership lies steady at about 12 million people, nothing TPTB will do will change that, in my opinion.

You would have thought they would gain viewers with two small market teams playing on Thursday night. While more people did watch TBBT than the football game those viewers must have went somewhere else.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

Would a Nobel Prize for Physics be awarded that soon after the discovery ?

32 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I read online somewhere TPTB are a bit concerned over last weeks viewership,

Did this information come from a reliable source?

Interestingly, both TBBT and YS had their ratings decline the same amount of points (demos). Still, TBBT remained (easily) number 1,  so I doubt they're too worried. 

Edited by bfm

3 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Sheldon gets a Nobel prize in physics for the asymmetry project in the finale.

But have to share with Amy, proving he needs help to accomplish anything important!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Would a Nobel Prize for Physics be awarded that soon after the discovery ?

From what I understand, not really, but they could do a fast forward. Also, we've seen that they don't care too much about their stories being true to the academic world, I want to believe they won't go this far, but who knows.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bfm said:

Did this information come from a reliable source?

Interestingly, both TBBT and YS had their ratings decline the same amount of points (demos). Still, TBBT remained (easily) number 1,  so I doubt they're too worried. 

There is an article in Cinema Blend by Gina Carbone  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

I can't see how having a tape recording of characters from  YS would have brought in extra viewers for TBBT anyway.  Do they think there are  many viewers of YS who don't watch TBBT  already ?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I can't see how having a tape recording of characters from  YS would have brought in extra viewers for TBBT anyway.  Do they think there are  many viewers of YS who don't watch TBBT  already ?

agreed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

There is an article in Cinema Blend by Gina Carbone  

It doesn't say anything about TPTB being concerned.  It's a supposition by the article's writer, and only mentions CBS.    As far as ratings, it's is tied with This is Us for the number one entertainment demo (and this is after This is Us beat TBBT in the premeire by a half a point 3.0 to 2.5), and is number one for viewers.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I'd expect they are trying to get people buying into YS. After all they will be hoping it does not die after they stop making new TBBT episodes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It doesn't say anything about TPTB being concerned.  It's a supposition by the article's writer, and only mentions CBS.    As far as ratings, it's is tied with This is Us for the number one entertainment demo (and this is after This is Us beat TBBT in the premeire by a half a point 3.0 to 2.5), and is number one for viewers.  

The fact is there were a ton of ads for the episode. Many during  the football games on Sunday. So much so I thought male erectile dysfunctions were cured. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I'd expect they are trying to get people buying into YS. After all they will be hoping it does not die after they stop making new TBBT episodes.

That's more like it, I'd say. They're hoping viewers seeing young Sheldon and his dad will have their curiosity aroused, not the other way round. The better way to have kept YS alive might have been to give the TBBT cast three years' work last time rather than two.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

That's more like it, I'd say. They're hoping viewers seeing young Sheldon and his dad will have their curiosity aroused, not the other way round. The better way to have kept YS alive might have been to give the TBBT cast three years' work last time rather than two.

To me the best way could of been to ignore YS on TBBT. You are still going to get the viewers who you already have and the people who are going to be looking to watch something at that time next year. Instead you are just ticking off some TBBT viewers. YS IMO isn’t the kind of show you really need to have started watching at the beginning 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

So far even TBBT reruns beat some new stuff.

• Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic