[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, GadgetGirl375 said:

Spoiler alert: Don't read on if you don't want to know what episode 12 is all about. 

What a fun night! (Even though the episode wasn't necessarily one of the funniest.) Leonard and Penny’s storyline was a little more on the serious side. Zach and his new wife Marissa (Zach, by the way, is apparently super rich now after selling off his company), ask Leonard to be their sperm donor to help them have a baby. Penny gets upset that Leonard is considering it but in the end decides that since he had no say in her not wanting to have kids, she gets no say in him doing this.

Anu is still upset with Raj for what he did in episode 11 (if that hasn’t been spoiled already, I’m happy to do so). The wedding’s off, but Raj, in true Raj style, tries to win her back in “Love, Actually” style. By the end of the episode, in a sweet moment, they decide that they’re going to start dating - start their relationship from the beginning instead of the middle. 

This show will air on January 10 in the US  

I was hoping the cast and crew would acknowledge Mayim’s birthday, but no such luck tonight. I still had a blast and am still very sad that this is their last season. And likely the last time I’ll get to see one of their tapings. I’ll always cherish this memory!

Thankyou so much for this. If you don't mind me asking what were Shamy's involvement in the episode, just be curious to know, not often do Shamy have the C Plot.

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Thanks for the report @GadgetGirl375, much appreciated! I guess that might be the way the writers use to make Penny change her mind about babies. Once Leonard is going to "have a child" without her (albeit just biologically), she realizes she wants to have kids with him. 

I'm not really following the logic. I'm still waiting for a bazinga actually.

• Make a lot more sense than that 1

6 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I'm not really following the logic. I'm still waiting for a bazinga actually.

I think it’s obvious that they are going to decide to have kids.  Question remains how they get to that decision and how big a role the threat of being a donor for someone else plays in that decision.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Jonny said:

It’s a very fine line between being a situation that brings up the discussion and perhaps minds being changed to emotional blackmail.

If Penny still doesn’t want kids but then decides she WILL because her husband has threatened to be a sperm donor then they would still be having a child together for the wrong reasons.

Yep, that's why I wrote about my fear how the writers will implement that theme in the sense of a comedy. Let's wait and see.

------------------------------------------

My lost and found of the day:
The Big Bang Theory: The 20 Most Irritating Characters, Ranked

Source

My guess, this article is also highly irritating. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Thank you so much @GadgetGirl375!!! I hope you had a wonderful time!

I'm happy about the Raj and Anu part. This is what I wanted, for them to decide to take it slow and get to know each other. Very nice.

The Lenny plot is just weird. Wow, I never imagined Leonard possibly being the biological father to Zack's child. Well, cannot say they didn't surprise there. I agree that it is kind of unfair for Penny to forbid him to be a biological father to a kid he won't raise, meaning it doesn't affect her. If he goes for it I guess at least he will, in a certain aspect, be a father, and maybe he'll get to meet the kid frequently...? Man, if the kid's a genuis that will be so weird, but they could seriously play it for laughs... I don't know anymore, this is weird. Anyway, I do agree that Penny agreeing to this seems to cement her position of not wanting kids. 

22 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I think it’s obvious that they are going to decide to have kids.  Question remains how they get to that decision and how big a role the threat of being a donor for someone else plays in that decision.

I don't think there's any threat here. This may make Penny uncomfrotable, but Leonard is not threatening her. As I said, it is kind of unfair that she'd prevent him for even being a (sorta) father in a way in which she doesn't have to have a kid.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jonny said:

But not necessarily together. Next thing you know Penny will donate eggs to Shamy. Then the Shennys can have sort of have their "told you so" moment. 

Smart and beautiful babies of the third kind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Zephon75 said:

Wow that Lenny plot is kind of not what id expect. I could understand Penny being upset after all he will essentially be having a child with another woman. But her turning round and saying he can do what he wants because he had no say in her not wanting kids. Just feel completely wrong , i just can't see her being okay with.

But my biggest worry is this will be considered the resolution for them on the baby matter. With Penny saying he can do whatever he wants, sort of implies she definitely doesn't want kids. 

I hope I'm wrong because i doubt any fan of the show wants Leonard to become a father to a child that isn't Penny's or gets  to raise.

Of course i hope this is the catalyst that makes Penny reconsider her not wanting children. 

Perfect analysis. 

57 minutes ago, bfm said:

I'm happy about the Raj and Anu part. This is what I wanted, for them to decide to take it slow and get to know each other. Very nice.

The Lenny plot is just weird. Wow, I never imagined Leonard possibly being the biological father to Zack's child. Well, cannot say they didn't surprise there. I agree that it is kind of unfair for Penny to forbid him to be a biological father to a kid he won't raise, meaning it doesn't affect her. If he goes for it I guess at least he will, in a certain aspect, be a father, and maybe he'll get to meet the kid frequently...? Man, if the kid's a genius that will be so weird, but they could seriously play it for laughs... I don't know anymore, this is weird. Anyway, I do agree that Penny agreeing to this seems to cement her position of not wanting kids. 

I don't think there's any threat here. This may make Penny uncomfortable, but Leonard is not threatening her. As I said, it is kind of unfair that she'd prevent him for even being a (sorta) father in a way in which she doesn't have to have a kid.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

6 hours ago, djsurrey said:

But not necessarily together. Next thing you know Penny will donate eggs to Shamy. Then the Shennys can have sort of have their "told you so" moment. 

Smart and beautiful babies of the third kind.

Maybe there was another typo. Didn't you mean "the shenanigans can have…", given the brilliance of the writers. 🤡

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, GadgetGirl375 said:

Spoiler alert: Don't read on if you don't want to know what episode 12 is all about. 

What a fun night! (Even though the episode wasn't necessarily one of the funniest.) Leonard and Penny’s storyline was a little more on the serious side. Zach and his new wife Marissa (Zach, by the way, is apparently super rich now after selling off his company), ask Leonard to be their sperm donor to help them have a baby. Penny gets upset that Leonard is considering it but in the end decides that since he had no say in her not wanting to have kids, she gets no say in him doing this.

Anu is still upset with Raj for what he did in episode 11 (if that hasn’t been spoiled already, I’m happy to do so). The wedding’s off, but Raj, in true Raj style, tries to win her back in “Love, Actually” style. By the end of the episode, in a sweet moment, they decide that they’re going to start dating - start their relationship from the beginning instead of the middle. 

I was hoping the cast and crew would acknowledge Mayim’s birthday, but no such luck tonight. I still had a blast and am still very sad that this is their last season. And likely the last time I’ll get to see one of their tapings. I’ll always cherish this memory!

Thank you @GadgetGirl375! Hope you had a great time! Any Shamu plot or scene? 

Thanks again! :)

2 hours ago, bfm said:

The Lenny plot is just weird. Wow, I never imagined Leonard possibly being the biological father to Zack's child. Well, cannot say they didn't surprise there. I agree that it is kind of unfair for Penny to forbid him to be a biological father to a kid he won't raise, meaning it doesn't affect her. If he goes for it I guess at least he will, in a certain aspect, be a father, and maybe he'll get to meet the kid frequently...? Man, if the kid's a genuis that will be so weird, but they could seriously play it for laughs... I don't know anymore, this is weird. Anyway, I do agree that Penny agreeing to this seems to cement her position of not wanting kids. 

I don't think there's any threat here. This may make Penny uncomfrotable, but Leonard is not threatening her. As I said, it is kind of unfair that she'd prevent him for even being a (sorta) father in a way in which she doesn't have to have a kid.

So Penny as Leonard’s wife is susposed to be okay with her husband. Providing sperm to be the biological Father to a child that is not hers. I think that’s pretty selfish from Leonard tbh. We always yak about Penny’s choices impacting Leonard. But to me Leonard’s not looking good. Especially if it’s implied he’s decided anything without consulting Her,

16 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

So Penny as Leonard’s wife is susposed to be okay with her husband. Providing sperm to be the biological Father to a child that is not hers. I think that’s pretty selfish from Leonard tbh. We always yak about Penny’s choices impacting Leonard. But to me Leonard’s not looking good. Especially if it’s implied he’s decided anything without consulting Her,

The way I understand it, he did not decide. He was thinking about it, and Penny was mad that he did.

Of course she's not supposed to be totally fine with it. But, she knows Leonard is making a big sacrifice giving up on children to stay with her. So, I think it's fair that she'll make the sacrifice of feeling unease, if he does want it and it makes things to a certain extent better for him (I don't know if it does, this is hypothetical).

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GadgetGirl375 said:

Did anything happen with shamy?

4 hours ago, veejay said:

That's exactly my thoughts, too. I am only in doubt as to whether the writers can implement this in a comedic sense. On the other hand, it goes quite well with Lenny's constant ups and downs. Anyway, the main thing is that it leads to smart and beautiful babies in the end! 😉

I must admit I prefer this to have Penny pregnant by accident, which could have been another way to have her change her mind

• Like 5

Thank you so much @GadgetGirl375 for the TR!!!

I still don't understand why Zack would want to ask someone he knows in real life - his ex girlfriend's husband no less - to donate sperm for him in the first place.

Knowing Zack, if this thing really happens, in the future he might say something like "Hey, kid, this is your Uncle Leonard, but actually he is your real father, how cool is that, right?"

Oh, well...

• Haha 6

52 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I must admit I prefer this to have Penny pregnant by accident, which could have been another way to have her change her mind

agreed.gif.d77b970c31487a71237543839c3950f5.gif

:shy:

12 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

That episode also has our babies will be smart and beautiful

Yes, and potentially Sheldon, right? :shy:

5 hours ago, Jonny said:

It’s a very fine line between being a situation that brings up the discussion and perhaps minds being changed due to emotional blackmail.

If Penny still doesn’t want kids but then decides she WILL because her husband has threatened to be a sperm donor then they would still be having a child together for the wrong reasons.

Emotional blackmail would leave a bad taste in my mouth too.  I’m sort of hoping the reason Penny doesn’t want kids is the same reason she couldn’t tell him she loved him, she is scared.  I could see her telling him that she is afraid to have a child because it will change her physically and then she won’t be as pretty to him and he will leave her, I could see her still harboring that fear.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

From the TR: What a fun night! (Even though the episode wasn't necessarily one of the funniest.) Leonard and Penny’s storyline was a little more on the serious side. Zach and his new wife Marissa (Zach, by the way, is apparently super rich now after selling off his company), ask Leonard to be their sperm donor to help them have a baby. Penny gets upset that Leonard is considering it but in the end decides that since he had no say in her not wanting to have kids, she gets no say in him doing this.

So Penny was clearly part of the discussion so was consulted on it, she got upset that he was even considering it, but decides it's his choice as he had no say in her decision not to want kids. So she clearly has a say in it all, but ultimately leaves the decision up to Leonard and the answer isn't revealed. 

Edited by Zephon75
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Shelldon said:

Smart and beautiful Shenny babies is exactly the kind of audience enraging note to do for time jumping finale

Bring it on!!

-------------

Shenny's thank you very much! Not Shennies. 

I don't actually care for babies on this show at all. So glad we don't get to see em.

I'm rolling my eyes over this plot that Zack, would ask Leonard to donate sperm. 😣 They're not even pals! And Leonard looks nothing like Zack! The kid would look like Leonard. Whoever wrote that this was an attempt to get Penny to make a u-turn on breeding, is on the money.

(Boy this site is hard to edit. Every time I try to quote a different user I get the same one.)

Edited by Spaced_up

7 hours ago, GadgetGirl375 said:

Thank you so much for all info about the taping. Glad you had a great time!

Regards the sperm donor plot , I dont know.... TBH, I prefered Penny had a Leonard child than other ( since both were happy about it) but at this time of the season I think I will take it and not thinking too much about it before watching it on screen. *shrugs*

• Like 2

I thought with Zack coming back it would have something to do with the fake wedding and maybe a talk Zack and Penny had about a fake family I sure didn't expect this. Did Penny even talk to Leonard about not having kids before she made her decision

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Spaced_up said:

I'm rolling my eyes over this plot that Zack, would ask Leonard to donate sperm. 😣 They're not even pals! And Leonard looks nothing like Zack! The kid would look like Leonard. Whoever wrote that this was an attempt to get Penny to make a u-turn on breeding, is on the money.

While I don't like the plot, why wouldn't Zack ask Leonard to be a sperm donor?,  while they might be not pals, they do get along and Zack likes Leonard. So what if the child did look like Leonard instead of Zack, the child would never look like Zack with anyone who's the sperm donor .

Edited by Zephon75
  • Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic