[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Tensor

1 hour ago, gsxdoug said:

Sorry, I don't see donating sperm as selfish. It's unclear from the report, but I gather Zack and Marissa may be having an issue conceiving, so if any thing, it's an act of charity. And I doubt very much that Leonard is going to boink Marissa. At the start of the series, both Sheldon and Leonard were in the process of donating sperm anonymously; this is not that much different.

That's how I see it too. Not at all selfish but an act to help a friend. And as a Leonard fan, I also see it as a very nice compliment to Leonard. Zack is asking Leonard because he sees good qualities in Leonard that he would like to see in the child he hopes to raise as his own.

Really.jpg

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan
  • Like 7
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, gsxdoug said:

Just an aside, when Luminous posted the title last night, my first thought was "Here we go, a Shamy baby plot 🙄" so in a way it's a relief to me that it's not lol

To tell the truth, I had the same thought. Also thought about maybe Raj and Anu might as well. I was thinking another couple having a kid before Lenny.  8)

1 minute ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Zack is asking Leonard because he sees good qualities in Leonard that he would like to see in the child he hope to raise as his own

Beautiful, just beautiful!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

But that was resolved on its own at the time. I could see Sheldon reminding Leonard of his smart baby line and also telling Penny. I could actually see Leonard saying no to Zack and Penny willing to try to have a baby after thinking about it.

I agree with the last line, this could happen, but as for Sheldon, he didn't care about Leonard and Penny not having kids together the first time, so why would he care now? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gsxdoug said:

Sorry, I don't see donating sperm as selfish. It's unclear from the report, but I gather Zack and Marissa may be having an issue conceiving, so if any thing, it's an act of charity. And I doubt very much that Leonard is going to boink Marissa. At the start of the series, both Sheldon and Leonard were in the process of donating sperm anonymously; this is not that much different.

It is different because Leonard was single and the sperm would have gone to a nameless woman. In regards to Leonard boinking Marissa I don’t think it will happen. Though Penny and Zack would have no say in that. why? Wasn’t Zack boinking Penny? Weren’t they also married? I’m guessing Zack didn’t tell Marissa about those things. In regards to conceiving the problem has to be with Zack or there would be no need for Leonard.

3 hours ago, Chrismo said:

It is different because Leonard was single and the sperm would have gone to a nameless woman.

Single, married, it doesn't matter.  And there are all sorts of cases where friends donate sperm or eggs to other friends.  

In regards to Leonard boinking Marissa I don’t think it will happen. Though Penny and Zack would have no say in that. why? Wasn’t Zack boinking Penny? Weren’t they also married? I’m guessing Zack didn’t tell Marissa about those things.

Penny and Zack definitely have a say.  Any time Zack and Penny had sex, Penny and Leonard were not in a relationship, so Leonard had no say, just as Penny had no say in Leonard having sex with Stephanie, Leslie, Priya, or any other woman he had sex with when he wasn’t in a relationship with Penny.  Yes, Zack and Penny were married, legally, but if they didn't know about, and they didn't, it's hardly a relationship.  If anything, Penny was cheating on Zack, with Leonard, although I have I hard time thinking this was the case, since their being married to each other was unknown to them.  

Leonard and Penny are married, Zack and Marissa are married, so yes, this is completely different from Zack and Penny having sex.   Leonard having sex with Marissa would constituted knowingly cheating.  Unless you want to postulate that the two marriages are both open, which I can't see Penny agreeing to.  And, what exactly are you basing your guess that Zack didn't tell Marissa about those things.

In regards to conceiving the problem has to be with Zack or there would be no need for Leonard.

Yeah, if it was with Marissa, bringing Leonard in would make no difference.  Unless it's one of those rare instances where neither are to blame, it's just the man's sperm and the woman's eggs are incompatible.  

I'm seeing this as the mirror image of the earlier episode where Leonard's not happy with the idea of Penny not wanting kids, but he feels it's up to her and Leonard just accepts her decision.  In this case, Penny's not happy about the idea of Leonard providing sperm, but she feels it's up to him and she will just accept his decision.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Single, married, it doesn't matter.  And there are all sorts of cases where friends donate sperm or eggs to other friends.  

Penny and Zack definitely have a say.  Any time Zack and Penny had sex, Penny and Leonard were not in a relationship, so Leonard had no say, just as Penny had no say in Leonard having sex with Stephanie, Leslie, Priya, or any other woman he had sex with when he was in a relationship with Penny.  Yes, Zack and Penny were married, legally, but if they didn't know about, and they didn't, it's hardly a relationship.  If anything, Penny was cheating on Zack, with Leonard, although I have I hard time thinking this was the case, since their being married to each other was unknown to them.  

Leonard and Penny are married, Zack and Marissa are married, so yes, this is completely different from Zack and Penny having sex.   Leonard having sex with Marissa would constituted knowingly cheating.  Unless you want to postulate that the two marriages are both open, which I can't see Penny agreeing to.  And, what exactly are you basing your guess that Zack didn't tell Marissa about those things.

Yeah, if it was with Marissa, bringing Leonard in would make no difference.  Unless it's one of those rare instances where neither are to blame, it's just the man's sperm and the woman's eggs are incompatible.  

I'm seeing this as the mirror image of the earlier episode where Leonard's not happy with the idea of Penny not wanting kids, but he feels it's up to her and Leonard just accepts her decision.  In this case, Penny's not happy about the idea of Leonard providing sperm, but she feels it's up to him and she will just accept his decision.  

I should of just said Leonard was donating for no specific person(s). I believe it was for money if I remember right. But in last nights episode he would be specifically doing it for someone. 

You are correct that Zack and Penny do have a say. I would argue that Penny letting Leonard have sex with Marissa would be hard to say no considering she said no in having a baby. I wouldn’t consider it cheating if Penny and Zack knew about it.I know most will argue with me on this one. 

As to what Marissa knows about Penny it’s anyones guess. Though just my opinion I can’t brlieve she would be happy.  Also I can’t imagine there is no one else Zack could get to donate sperm.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

But it will be interesting to see Penny's reactions and how their comments are received.  I think this subject has "legs" and will be their arc carrying through to the finale....

Does anyone see Penny's father in all this speculation.  Will she talk to him about this issue/situation?  The Procreation Calculation episode seemed to leave open his return

6 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I should of just said Leonard was donating for no specific person(s). I believe it was for money if I remember right. But in last nights episode he would be specifically doing it for someone. 

You are correct that Zack and Penny do have a say. I would argue that Penny letting Leonard have sex with Marissa would be hard to say no considering she said no in having a baby. I wouldn’t consider it cheating if Penny and Zack knew about it.I know most will argue with me on this one. 

As to what Marissa knows about Penny it’s anyones guess. Though just my opinion I can’t brlieve she would be happy.  Also I can’t imagine there is no one else Zack could get to donate sperm.

Ummm.......A sperm donor does NOT need to have sex with a recipient.  Why do we even need to go to this place????? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Ummm.......A sperm donor does NOT need to have sex with a recipient.  Why do we even need to go to this place????? 

Just having a little hypothetical fun. Though sexual inter course would be more effective than a sperm donation

13 hours ago, bfm said:

The Lenny plot is just weird.

Okay, that is how I see it as well. While we know Leonard has no qualms about sperm donation per se, this is just ridiculous. And if it's an end run around Penny deciding she didn't want children, I think they have screwed with Lenny fans majorly this season, and even as someone who's not a hard core Lenny, I find it kind of offensive. I'm totally grateful for the spoilers but I do not understand them.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Okay, that is how I see it as well. While we know Leonard has no qualms about sperm donation per se, this is just ridiculous. And if it's an end run around Penny deciding she didn't want children, I think they have screwed with Lenny fans majorly this season, and even as someone who's not a hard core Lenny, I find it kind of offensive. I'm totally grateful for the spoilers but I do not understand them.

This isn't the only season Lenny  has been screwed. I see this as Leonard having the upper hand which doesn't happen too often. I believe the last time Zack was on, and correct if I am wrong, is when he tried to hire Penny for a job at his company. Leonard didn't like the idea but Penny ended up having the final decision. It ended up Zack's girlfriend didn't like the idea of  him working with Penny. I'm not sure what's going to happen here, and admit the episode seems out of left field, but the sperm donation is going to be nixed by someone other than Lenny IMO. I think somethings going to come out of this, I'm not sure what, that Penny will not be adamant against having children. I actually agree with you in regards of not totally understanding the spoilers. I am hoping the episode when it airs will clear that up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

That's how I see it too. Not at all selfish but an act to help a friend. And as a Leonard fan, I also see it as a very nice compliment to Leonard. Zack is asking Leonard because he sees good qualities in Leonard that he would like to see in the child he hopes to raise as his own.

Really.jpg

Hmm but if the shoe was on the other foot. I’m sure Penny would not be a fan around here. Seems Leonard’s entitled to share his swimmers around. But Penny not wanting to be a mother. Call the police! 

• Make a lot more sense than that 2

5 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Hmm but if the shoe was on the other foot. I’m sure Penny would not be a fan around here. Seems Leonard’s entitled to share his swimmers around. But Penny not wanting to be a mother. Call the police! 

See my post above. The shoe was on the other foot.

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Penny apparently doesn't want his swimmers

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

While they have been friendly they don't really appear to be friends at all.

Still half expect a bazinga is coming.

It may have been suggested to Zack by his wife to get a donor who is really intelligent l. Don’t think that’s  his normal crowd and then maybe he thought of Leonard?

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

It may have been suggested to Zack by his wife to get a donor who is really intelligent l. Don’t think that’s  his normal crowd and then maybe he thought of Leonard?

A good of an assumption as any and plausible as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Perhaps. 

Why would Leonard consider letting Zack be the father if his genetic child? That I find hard to believe. On the surface it is like jumping the shark.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, djsurrey said:

Perhaps. 

Why would Leonard consider letting Zack be the father if his genetic child? That I find hard to believe. On the surface it is like jumping the shark.

I get what your saying. I really don’t think it’s going to get that far. While we got the overview of the episode I’m not sure how they got to the point of Zack asking Leonard to be a donor

• Like 2

I hope it turns out that Marissa is unexpectedly pregnant by Zack after all and there's no need for a donor. 

The writers really have bowled a strange ball with the Lenny stories this season so far. It's as if they don't know - or worse still, don't care - how emotionally attached to fictional characters fans can be. If they don't get a wiggle on and clear things up soon they're going to make a lot of people sad.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Perhaps. 

Because it's in the script. :cool:

• Haha 1

The writers once said at Comic Con that sometimes the stories come out of the writers real life experiences. 

This may have happened to one of them once.  Asking or being approached by someone they know to help them conceive. 

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic