Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, joyceraye said:

At least two. She is a twin. Baby number three may be in there along with 'baby number two' and she just didn't say so.

 

 

 

 

She's a fraternal twin. Less chance of having twins (I believe same as any one else) than an identical twin having twins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

Thank you for the Birthday Wishes. 

My intraocular lens implant was the best birthday gift ever (from medicare).

Wow ! Congratulations ! That sounds wonderful.

1 hour ago, BigBang15 said:

She's a fraternal twin. Less chance of having twins (I believe same as any one else) than an identical twin having twins.

True. She's genetically predisposed to double-ovulate but there's no certainty. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

True. She's genetically predisposed to double-ovulate but there's no certainty. 

Especially in this sitcom, with these writers. Anything can happen and usually does!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if this should go here (as it refers to S12) or in non-season 12 (as it also refers to S5). No doubt the moderators will move it if this is wrong.

Yet another example of how the show has degenerated struck me. In 512 the Vacation Solution, Sheldon thought he could spend his time off working in Amy's lab doing neuroscience. This was shown as a ridiculous idea, and Amy rightly derided his presumptuousness. Yet now in S12 (actually starting 1124) we have the equally ridiculous idea that Amy can make a contribution to theoretical physics, and this is welcomed by Sheldon and made a storyline. Obviously this is a device to get even more Shamy  screentime, but it's a big drop-off in integrity from 512, and accepts the uninformed idea of generic "scientists".

Does anyone know how much churn there's been in the writers over the whole series? Surely what we've been getting the last few seasons can't be written by the same team who created the series.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnPhD said:

I'm not sure if this should go here (as it refers to S12) or in non-season 12 (as it also refers to S5). No doubt the moderators will move it if this is wrong.

Yet another example of how the show has degenerated struck me. In 512 the Vacation Solution, Sheldon thought he could spend his time off working in Amy's lab doing neuroscience. This was shown as a ridiculous idea, and Amy rightly derided his presumptuousness. Yet now in S12 (actually starting 1124) we have the equally ridiculous idea that Amy can make a contribution to theoretical physics, and this is welcomed by Sheldon and made a storyline. Obviously this is a device to get even more Shamy  screentime, but it's a big drop-off in integrity from 512, and accepts the uninformed idea of generic "scientists".

Does anyone know how much churn there's been in the writers over the whole series? Surely what we've been getting the last few seasons can't be written by the same team who created the series.

I notice that when they're showing early episodes, Sheldon often points out facts relating to biology and neuroscience before he meets Amy. After that he's disdainful of both. Until now.

In S12 only one episode so far has focussed on issues relating to Amy's being out of her usual speciality. Once or twice over the years they've mentioned that neuroscience and physics can overlap, such as when Kripke gave Amy a bottle of nice wine and when Amy and Sheldon were working on time and conscious movement.  I know a neuroscientist  and a psychologist whose specialities also involve chemistry. Up to a certain level scientists have to know about one another's fields. In UK, to get onto some university courses, such as medicine, you have to have A levels, Highers, or similar in three sciences and preferably mathematics as well. I reckon that means somebody with Shamy's brains can learn enough to work with each other. Or the writers reckon so

.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I notice that when they're showing early episodes, Sheldon often points out facts relating to biology and neuroscience before he meets Amy. After that he's disdainful of both. Until now.

In S12 only one episode so far has focussed on issues relating to Amy's being out of her usual speciality. Once or twice over the years they've mentioned that neuroscience and physics can overlap, such as when Kripke gave Amy a bottle of nice wine and when Amy and Sheldon were working on time and conscious movement.  I know a neuroscientist  and a psychologist whose specialities also involve chemistry. Up to a certain level scientists have to know about one another's fields. In UK, to get onto some university courses, such as medicine, you have to have A levels, Highers, or similar in three sciences and preferably mathematics as well. I reckon that means somebody with Shamy's brains can learn enough to work with each other. Or the writers reckon so

.

In my mind, the writers are always to blame!  :sungum:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I notice that when they're showing early episodes, Sheldon often points out facts relating to biology and neuroscience before he meets Amy. After that he's disdainful of both. Until now.

In S12 only one episode so far has focussed on issues relating to Amy's being out of her usual speciality. Once or twice over the years they've mentioned that neuroscience and physics can overlap, such as when Kripke gave Amy a bottle of nice wine and when Amy and Sheldon were working on time and conscious movement.  I know a neuroscientist  and a psychologist whose specialities also involve chemistry. Up to a certain level scientists have to know about one another's fields. In UK, to get onto some university courses, such as medicine, you have to have A levels, Highers, or similar in three sciences and preferably mathematics as well. I reckon that means somebody with Shamy's brains can learn enough to work with each other. Or the writers reckon so

.

There are areas of obvious overlap between physics and neuroscience. I'm thinking of stuff like the development of MRI and PET medical imaging.  It is a lot less clear to me how collaborations like that would help theoretical physics. There is plenty I don't know though.

Not really related directly (but regarding another biological process) I have occasionally read a little about the debate regarding if quantum coherence has something to do with the efficiency of photosynthesis:

Quote
  • 10 Apr 2018
This article first appeared in the April 2018 issue of Physics World

Is there something inherently quantum about the highly efficient natural process that is photosynthesis, or are researchers barking up the wrong tree? Philip Ball investigates the debate.
from https://physicsworld.com/a/is-photosynthesis-quantum-ish/ 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joyceraye said:

 Up to a certain level scientists have to know about one another's fields. In UK, to get onto some university courses, such as medicine, you have to have A levels, Highers, or similar in three sciences and preferably mathematics as well. I reckon that means somebody with Shamy's brains can learn enough to work with each other. Or the writers reckon so

.

The level of maths at which physicists like Sheldon is supposed to be operate is just outside a neuroscientist like Amy's comprehension. She would have no reason to learn that stuff and no time to do so and still keep up in her own field. There are those who believe that every field of knowledge can be made mathematical, but they're just wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

There are those who believe that every field of knowledge can be made mathematical, but they're just wrong.

It is not like mathematics is a dead field. Who could possibly say what mathematics will encompass in the future? No one knew that Newton would invent calculus and describe the path of a comet mathematically before he did it.

http://www.planet-science.com/categories/over-11s/science-celebrities/2011/05/isaac-newton-1643-1727.aspx 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I notice that when they're showing early episodes, Sheldon often points out facts relating to biology and neuroscience before he meets Amy. After that he's disdainful of both. Until now.

In S12 only one episode so far has focussed on issues relating to Amy's being out of her usual speciality. Once or twice over the years they've mentioned that neuroscience and physics can overlap, such as when Kripke gave Amy a bottle of nice wine and when Amy and Sheldon were working on time and conscious movement.  I know a neuroscientist  and a psychologist whose specialities also involve chemistry. Up to a certain level scientists have to know about one another's fields. In UK, to get onto some university courses, such as medicine, you have to have A levels, Highers, or similar in three sciences and preferably mathematics as well. I reckon that means somebody with Shamy's brains can learn enough to work with each other. Or the writers reckon so

.

I think it's called Repeated Cannon 😊.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 2:16 PM, Zephon75 said:

While I don't like the plot, why wouldn't Zack ask Leonard to be a sperm donor?,  while they might be not pals, they do get along and Zack likes Leonard. So what if the child did look like Leonard instead of Zack, the child would never look like Zack with anyone who's the sperm donor .

A man would ask his best ever friend in the world, or a relative. Leonard is no one to Zack, its just not realistic. He may as well just ask Howard! At least he knows Howard can have kids.

Edited by Spaced_up
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Spaced_up said:

A man would ask his best ever friend in the world, or a relative. Leonard is no one to Zack, its just not realistic. He may as well just ask Howard! At least he knows Howard can have kids.

Actually Howard had a vasectomy 😅

This is Zack we're talking about. I can see Zack doing that.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Spaced_up said:

A man would ask his best ever friend in the world, or a relative. Leonard is no one to Zack, its just not realistic. He may as well just ask Howard! At least he knows Howard can have kids.

With Zack's mind he might see Leonard smarter since Howard hasn't got a Doctorate! Who knows maybe he remembers Penny telling him he's smarter! The only way to know for sure is ask the writers!

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

Actually Howard had a vasectomy 😅

This is Zack we're talking about. I can see Zack doing that.

Remember, he thought the guys would blow up the moon with their laser. He relaxed when said the laser was set to stun! Come on, this is Zack we're talking about!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Spaced_up said:

A man would ask his best ever friend in the world, or a relative. Leonard is no one to Zack, its just not realistic. He may as well just ask Howard! At least he knows Howard can have kids.

Zack knows Leonard and Penny the best and he knows Penny wanted Leonard over him, plus Leonard is the only one who really tried hard to be nice to him, for Pennies sake, so it logically makes the most sense that if he asked any of the guys to be a donor it would be Leonard.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Zack knows Leonard and Penny the best and he knows Penny wanted Leonard over him, plus Leonard is the only one who really tried hard to be nice to him, for Pennies sake, so it logically makes the most sense that if he asked any of the guys to be a donor it would be Leonard.  

That's affirmative!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Spaced_up said:

A man would ask his best ever friend in the world, or a relative. Leonard is no one to Zack, its just not realistic. He may as well just ask Howard! At least he knows Howard can have kids.

1

Oh really Leonard is no one to Zack?. Let's see, shall we?

Ep 4x11 Zack: Okay babe you're kind of embarrassing me in front of my friends. Ep 10x 22  Zack: Hey, how's Leonard? Is he still smart?. Penny: Yes, yes he's working for the government on an infinite persistence gyroscope. Of course, the first time I say it right, he's not even here. Zack I love that little guy.

Hmm seems to me that Leonard IS someone to Zack.

Edited by Zephon75
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chucky said:

Remember, he thought the guys would blow up the moon with their laser. He relaxed when said the laser was set to stun! Come on, this is Zack we're talking about!

...and this is Zack wondering about the guys.

z_06.gif.ca659997c30e7f69a3e287879fc9a7cb.gif

...at least one ray laser of hope on his restricted horizon. 😉

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, veejay said:

...and this is Zack wondering about the guys.

z_06.gif.ca659997c30e7f69a3e287879fc9a7cb.gif

...at least one ray laser of hope on his restricted horizon. 😉

Hey, this is still Zack. 2 + 2 to him probably equals 10!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.