The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Thanks. I meant Christopher Lloyd, yes. I'd forgotten Judd Hirsch was in Taxi too; I remember him mostly from Dear John USA. He was great as Sheldon's father. 

He was even better as Leonard's father. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

He was great as Sheldon's father. 

Errr, Leonard's father!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Thanks. I meant Christopher Lloyd, yes. I'd forgotten Judd Hirsch was in Taxi too; I remember him mostly from Dear John USA. He was great as Sheldon's father. 

From Dear John, I remember only Kirk 😀😁

8 hours ago, veejay said:

New day, new (fun)facts everyone?

The Big Bang Theory: 10 Storylines That Hurt The Show (And 10 That Saved It)

screenrant.com

"...In order for one of The Big Bang Theory’s storyline to be considered for possible inclusion on this list, it first and foremost needs to stand out from many of the show’s less important developments. From there, it either needs to have made the show significantly better or taken away from what viewers loved so much about the series. Finally, it should be noted that even short-term storylines were in the running, as long as they were memorable enough to have made a large impact on the show’s legacy."

JMO but 2 and 3 on the list I would think all Lenny fans would agree. Also the first part of the first line of number 1.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, margarete said:

From Dear John, I remember only Kirk 😀😁

They made an American version with a different cast. Judd Hirsch played John.

53 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

They made an American version with a different cast. Judd Hirsch played John.

Okay dokay

3 hours ago, Chrismo said:

JMO but 2 and 3 on the list I would think all Lenny fans would agree. Also the first part of the first line of number 1.

They hit the nail on the head with these two. Didn't mention the dread boat kiss which surprised me.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

They hit the nail on the head with these two. Didn't mention the dread boat kiss which surprised me.

Yeah I really expected it there. I also think they should add the Penny suddenly doesn't want kids plot. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

The "ranking" articles of this website are most reasonable, well-founded and far from any one-sided direction. I like that. :shy:

• Like 3

Well, I don‘t agree with #2. Leonard and Pennyˋs spark is NOT gone. At least not for me. I still ship and love this couple.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, veejay said:

New day, new (fun)facts everyone?

The Big Bang Theory: 10 Storylines That Hurt The Show (And 10 That Saved It)

screenrant.com

"...In order for one of The Big Bang Theory’s storyline to be considered for possible inclusion on this list, it first and foremost needs to stand out from many of the show’s less important developments. From there, it either needs to have made the show significantly better or taken away from what viewers loved so much about the series. Finally, it should be noted that even short-term storylines were in the running, as long as they were memorable enough to have made a large impact on the show’s legacy."

Agree with most. I never cared about Lenny getting together for good. I prefered the off and on will they or won't they romance. I know most fans will disagree with me. But whatever. 

25 minutes ago, bfm said:

Yeah I really expected it there. I also think they should add the Penny suddenly doesn't want kids plot. 

Someone not wanting kids is fine. I am annoyed that so many are against her not wanting kids. It is not like she has ever been over the moon about the prospect of being a mom. Lukewarm at best. To my knowledge Leonard has been the only one to bring the subject up. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, luminous said:

Well, I don‘t agree with #2. Leonard and Pennyˋs spark is NOT gone. At least not for me. I still ship and love this couple.

The two paragraphs under the title I agree with. Granted all the problem is the bad writing.

6 minutes ago, Sah said:

Agree with most. I never cared about Lenny getting together for good. I prefered the off and on will they or won't they romance. I know most fans will disagree with me. But whatever. 

I thought the same with Shamy. I think Amy should of ended up with Raj. Then they could of had Sheldon coming out of the closet.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Granted all the problem is the bad writing.

The only problem with Lenny is the ridiculously bad writing!

31 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I thought the same with Shamy. I think Amy should of ended up with Raj. Then they could of had Sheldon coming out of the closet.

Totally agree, Amy definitely should have been with Raj.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

The two paragraphs under the title I agree with. Granted all the problem is the bad writing.

Or kept him asexual. 

But to your point. Shamy have talked about having benign overlords since they first started dating and throughout the seasons. Being very enthusiastic about the idea of having kids.

5 minutes ago, Sah said:

Or kept him asexual. 

But to your point. Shamy have talked about having benign overlords since they first started dating and throughout the seasons. Being very enthusiastic about the idea of having kids.

I would take the benign overlord as episode filler. The baby talk started with test tube babies. Then how many years wasn't before they had sex? then they had the nonsense of Sheldon wanting 15 kids. Them talking kids for me goes in one ear and out the other. Also Bernadette talked about not having kids and if they did Howard would stay home. That didn't happen either.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I would take the benign overlord as episode filler. The baby talk started with test tube babies. Then how many years wasn't before they had sex? then they had the nonsense of Sheldon wanting 15 kids. Them talking kids for me goes in one ear and out the other. Also Bernadette talked about not having kids and if they did Howard would stay home. That didn't happen either.

Not wanting sex does not equate to not wanting kids. They are two separate things. Sheldon agreeing to name all their kids Raj, sheldon seducing Amy, Sheldon telling Amy they will need to agree  on how to raise the kids, sheldon and Amy both picking out baby names. Sheldon saying they would make fantastic kids. Amy mad at Penny for not having kids...all sorts of indicators of this from the beginning of the relationship.  They both clear as day want kids.

It would be horrible if Leonard forced or guilted Penny into having kids she really dosn't want. 

• Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

8 minutes ago, Sah said:

Not wanting sex does not equate to not wanting kids. They are two separate things. Sheldon agreeing to name all their kids Raj, sheldon seducing Amy, Sheldon telling Amy they will need to agree  on how to raise the kids, sheldon and Amy both picking out baby names. Sheldon saying they would make fantastic kids. Amy mad at Penny for not having kids...all sorts of indicators of this from the beginning of the relationship.  They both clear as day want kids.

It would be horrible if Leonard forced or guilted Penny into having kids she really dosn't want. 

I took the baby talk stuff as a joke. I laughed every time. As for Penny I haven't seen anything happened that forced her to have kids.

The only reason some are taking the Shamy baby talk seriously is because of YS.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 3
  • Run to India 2

1 hour ago, Sah said:

Someone not wanting kids is fine. I am annoyed that so many are against her not wanting kids. It is not like she has ever been over the moon about the prospect of being a mom. Lukewarm at best. To my knowledge Leonard has been the only one to bring the subject up. 

I never said there was anything wrong with people not wanting kids. My problem is that IMO there was no indication before that she has doubts about that and even if we take it as a late change of mind, it was so quick and simplistic, very poorly executed IMO. Also, this is supposed to be a feel good sitcom, so seeing my favorite character get it's heart broken is not what I signed up for (and no I don't think Penny should be forced to have kids she doesn't want to make him happy, I'm saying they shouldn't have changed her mind). Sometimes sitcoms have dramatic moment, but these are usually touching or heartwarming or make for character growth (e.g., Lenny's and Shamy's breakups). I found none of that in 12×03. 

Edited by bfm
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

I totally disagree with #5 - Penny figuring out Sheldon. The show was a hell of a lot funnier when she was calling him out for being weird and he was calling her out for being airheaded. Them suddenly becoming so close is completely ridiculous to me, especially when it means she sticks up for him when she shouldn't and lets things slide when she shouldn't. I can't stand them being bosom buddies.

But I agree on more of them than I disagree or am neutral about.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

“The Propagation Proposition” – Penny’s ex-boyfriend, Zack (Brian Thomas Smith), and his wife want a baby, but when Zack is infertile, they ask Leonard for help. Also, Koothrappali attempts to mend things with his ex-fiancée, Anu (Rait Gupta), on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Jan. 10 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, chucky said:

Errr, Leonard's father!

Thanks. I can't think what I was on. I'll find it and edit it.

Thanks. I can't think what I was on. I'll find it and edit it.

God, I hate to think about how many times I did something like that!

4 hours ago, Sah said:

It would be horrible if Leonard forced or guilted Penny into having kids she really dosn't want. 

That's something Leonard would never do! That sounds more like Sheldon with Amy!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Sah said:

Most of the fans that are upset by this is because of the first episode prophecy Leonard says ("Our kids will be smart and beautiful"). We assume, right or wrong that that is Leonard/Penny's endgame.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Babar said:

“The Propagation Proposition” – Penny’s ex-boyfriend, Zack (Brian Thomas Smith), and his wife want a baby, but when Zack is infertile, they ask Leonard for help. Also, Koothrappali attempts to mend things with his ex-fiancée, Anu (Rait Gupta), on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Jan. 10 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

8 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

Most of the fans that are upset by this is because of the first episode prophecy Leonard says ("Our kids will be smart and beautiful"). We assume, right or wrong that that is Leonard/Penny's endgame.

Leonard donating sperm was also in the first episode

• Like 3