[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Tensor

1 hour ago, BigBang15 said:

Most of the fans that are upset by this is because of the first episode prophecy Leonard says ("Our kids will be smart and beautiful"). We assume, right or wrong that that is Leonard/Penny's endgame.

I assumed he was delusional. He has gotten a lot further than I ever expected.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

That was originally just a set up joke. For Sheldons “Not to mention imaginary”. I don’t think the showrunners ever intended it to be a false dawn or anything. Or that it would of caught on with the audience for 12 years. Like it was in Friends in the pilot. When Ross grabbed a spoon. That was deliberate. 

I don’t know if Lenny we’ll have kids. And I’m sure the TPTB are well aware that the line “Our babies well be smart and beautiful” hold value for the TBBT fandom. And it would be great if they homages that in the pilot in the series final. But I don’t think it we’ll be dependant on it. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

I don’t know if Lenny we’ll have kids. And I’m sure the TPTB are well aware that the line “Our babies well be smart and beautiful” hold value for the TBBT fandom. And it would be great if they homages that in the pilot in the series final. But I don’t think it we’ll be dependent on it. 

I concur!

4 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Well, so has the show. When they wrote that line no one thought they'd end up with 12 seasons.

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Hmm how do we know Leonard donating sperm was always the plan?

Make up your own mind.  😉

"L: Sheldon, this was your idea. A little extra money to get fractional T1 bandwidth in the apartment?
S: I know."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Or rather Leonard not donating sperm.

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Hmm how do we know Leonard donating sperm was always the plan? 

7AC36AEF-7ACF-41AA-B797-C235B9C67BB8.gif

2 hours ago, veejay said:

Make up your own mind.  😉

"L: Sheldon, this was your idea. A little extra money to get fractional T1 bandwidth in the apartment?
S: I know."

I get that. I just thought it was strange to bring that topic back.

7 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

That was originally just a set up joke. For Sheldons “Not to mention imaginary”. I don’t think the showrunners ever intended it to be a false dawn or anything. Or that it would of caught on with the audience for 12 years. Like it was in Friends in the pilot. When Ross grabbed a spoon. That was deliberate. 

I don’t know if Lenny we’ll have kids. And I’m sure the TPTB are well aware that the line “Our babies well be smart and beautiful” hold value for the TBBT fandom. And it would be great if they homages that in the pilot in the series final. But I don’t think it we’ll be dependant on it. 

I still think we could have the "smart and beautiful baby" line honored with this as the final episode:

Cold open is Penny learning she is pregnant, storyline rotates around her telling Leonard and then everyone else.  Tag is a time jump with Penny going into labor and entering the newly repaired elevator to go to the hospital to deliver the smart and beautiful baby.

This way Kaley doesn't have to walk around in a pregnancy suit (other than the final scene), nor does she have to deal with a baby.

• Like 4
  • Run to India 1

54 minutes ago, Carm6773 said:

Cold open is Penny learning she is pregnant, storyline rotates around her telling Leonard and then everyone else.  Tag is a time jump with Penny going into labor and entering the newly repaired elevator to go to the hospital to deliver the smart and beautiful baby.

I could enjoy those scenes. I could see them happening as well!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carm6773 said:

I still think we could have the "smart and beautiful baby" line honored with this as the final episode:

This way Kaley doesn't have to walk around in a pregnancy suit (other than the final scene), nor does she have to deal with a baby.

I also think a fitting end for Penny and Leonard would be the touching scene where she tells Leonard she is pregnant. Think there will be alot of tears in that one. Also, to extend it further Leonard telling his mother that Penny is pregnant and she being very caring and loving about it, and Penny telling her parents that she is pregnant and her father saying in a tearful reply "Way to go slugger".........not a dry eye in the house

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I figure the finale will be a victory lap for shamy

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I get your point since there has been 3-4 years of victory laps. Saying that I'm not seeing the point of the Zack/Marissa/Leonard storyline. You can piss viewers off in the middle but at the end of the series?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Penny telling her parents that she is pregnant and her father saying in a tearful reply "Way to go slugger".......

Not to mention Wyatt saying it's great having a grandchild not living in a house on wheels! :sungum:

• Like 3

I get your point since there has been 3-4 years of victory laps. Saying that I'm not seeing the point of the Zack/Marissa/Leonard storyline. You can piss viewers off in the middle but at the end of the series?
At times I really believe tptb think there are only shamy fans or that everyone loves shamy

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I also think a fitting end for Penny and Leonard would be the touching scene where she tells Leonard she is pregnant. Think there will be alot of tears in that one. Also, to extend it further Leonard telling his mother that Penny is pregnant and she being very caring and loving about it, and Penny telling her parents that she is pregnant and her father saying in a tearful reply "Way to go slugger".........not a dry eye in the house

Sarcasm? I mean she wrote the book, Needy Baby, Greety Baby.

Beverley (gives him an uncomfortable hug): There. It’s late. Now, go to bed. I’m getting a warm feeling spreading through my heart.

Penny: That’s the Del Taco.

Edited by djsurrey

4 hours ago, Carm6773 said:

The final episode should not revolve around Lenny. It should include all of them. 

11 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Who wants an intire episode of that. Sounds boring as crap. Need more episodes with more group stories.

2 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I figure the finale will be a victory lap for shamy

Should be a victory lap for everyone. Not everone loves Lenny either...

• Thanks 1
  • Run to India 1

27 minutes ago, Sah said:

Should be a victory lap for everyone. Not everone loves Lenny either...

I'm not sure why your last 5 words had to be there. Nobody mentioned above not loving Shamy

Who wants an intire episode of that. Sounds boring as crap. Need more episodes with more group stories.

We have a lot of boring as crap episodes involving.... S_amy

5 hours ago, Carm6773 said:

The final episode should not revolve around Lenny. It should include all of them. 

I don't think the poster(a Shamy fan) was suggesting the entire episode. I'm not sure why the finale can't have a little Lenny. Even dogs get thrown bones once in a while.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I'm not sure why your last 5 words had to be there. Nobody mentioned above not loving Shamy

We have a lot of boring as crap episodes involving.... S_amy

I don't think the poster(a Shamy fan) was suggesting the entire episode. I'm not sure why the finale can't have a little Lenny. Even dogs get thrown bones once in a while.

Totally agree! Personally, I'd love the final episode to be 75% Lenny!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

So, even the Grinch had a heart in the end! It could work with Beverly as well!

1 minute ago, djsurrey said:

That would be a big surprise to me. This is a Chuck L. production.

That's true!

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic