[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

18 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Mostly a throwaway. JMO the writers are too du_b to remember they even wrote that.

I agree. I am afraid Leonard's book will be the same way.

18 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I think the actors make the show despite the bad writing in the last few years.

I agree.

16 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I can’t see that they have any incentive to change, from the money making side of things. Why shut off the pump? 

And if any cast want to be creative, and take artistic risks, well they can quit or not re-sign. But ‘twere me,  if I was an actor of a certain age and mostly happy, I’d stay at the pump handle. 

Oh, absolutely.

12 hours ago, vonmar said:

Sitcoms are not artistic visions.  Indy films are.  Sitcoms create broad characters and a story line that they hope will appeal to a large audience. An often mentioned reason for the the longevity of TBBT is the growth of the characters

At the end of the day they chase the audience for viewers and ad dollars.....at the end of the day, it's a business.   

Again, I totally agree. Many fans forget this but it's always true.

11 hours ago, Mario D. said:

This is what gets me.  Aside from the money they get, isn't the rest of the cast especially Kaley and Johnny a little miffed at the direction the show has taken.  They must have some professional pride as actors besides being rich.  And I know they do not have to resign if they choose not to but I think they must be between a rock and a hard place to decide

I know why you are saying this but I have seen no evidence they aren't just happy to be working the amount of time they work and making the amount of money they make. They are on a highly rated, successful show making a ton of money. That's all most actors would want. Again, this is in the end just a job.

5 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

But as for Raj I disagree he also deserves to stay alone as he in my opinion as been shown to be a opportunist douche since the very early on and a bit of a jerk.

Oh, this is so TRUE. Thank you for saying it.

• Like 1

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Burberry said:

EXACTLY, most of those people on this forum don’t understand that

We understand, but still complain about what we feel is wrong with show. Maybe you like it as it is, I certainly do not like it. It's too one dimensional. It needs to be evened out among the cast. Ensemble episodes work best, not shamy centric episodes.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

That’s an interesting proposition. That Leonard had more female relationships was a characteristic of that time, but I don’t pine for that. It’s more a question of the narrative focus. They now have such a large and talented cast, and so little time and they give over a lot of that time to Sheldon, who just annoys me.

So true.  When nearly every tag scene of each episode (and many of the cold openings as well) just has to feature Sheldon, that is a problem of focus.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, chucky said:

We understand, but still complain about what we feel is wrong with show. Maybe you like it as it is, I certainly do not like it. It's too one dimensional. It needs to be evened out among the cast. Ensemble episodes work best, not shamy centric episodes.

Complain all you want. I often agree with you. I do. I'd prefer ensemble eps as well and have said so many times. That being said, not all of the eps are totally bad to me and I don't see Sheldon and Amy as horrors. I just think the writers decided for some reason it was more fun to write for them. I do not know why! Like I said earlier, maybe they were glad to be doing something different. Maybe I felt that way because I saw the pattern they were following. Both Amy and Sheldon had no social skills and didn't think they needed anyone. First Amy decided she had missed out on a lot by not having friends (although having her act like a middle schooler and try to make it all up as an adult when she realized it was probably a mistake) and then Sheldon, who had been convinced he did not need and could not love decided that he could. That was, I suspect, the whole point of the earworm with the song Darlin'. To show him realizing he had been wrong all along.

Now whether they should have done this will be debated forever, but this is what they did with the characters. It just is as i see it, and I make the best of it.  I complain about what I feel is wrong with the show, as should everyone, but anyone who thinks that those in charge care seems to be setting themselves up for a disappointment. From their point of view they still have a hit on their hands.

2 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

but anyone who thinks that those in charge care seems to be setting themselves up for a disappointment

I believe everyone on this forum knows TPTB don't care what the fans think. They will just go on doing the crap they're doing. But it's fun to complain and rant.

• Like 4

Just now, chucky said:

I believe everyone on this forum knows TPTB don't care what the fans think. They will just go on doing the crap they're doing. But it's fun to complain and rant.

I know you find that fun and you can go ahead and knock yourself out, but when I see good in some eps I will say so. It's not all crap to me. Some of it is, but some of it is not when i watch.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I know you find that fun and you can go ahead and knock yourself out, but when I see good in some eps I will say so. It's not all crap to me. Some of it is, but some of it is not when i watch.

I agree that there is good in some. But that is overshadowed by having shamy shoved down our throats. Episode 11/18 "The Gates Excitation" was a wonderful episode. As was Episode 10/9 "The Geology Elevation". We need more of those type episode.

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

I didn't include Leonard because I was referring to those fans pining for the old days when Leonard was the only one who was successful with women meanwhile the others weren't or in the case of Sheldon never met someone that completely changed their opinion on the matter.  Of course Leonard like anyone else deserves that as well.

Reading the forum the last few days I think it's clear some would have prefered they had kept the old 1-3 season formula which would have only had Leonard having success on that front, and the rest not.  People watch the show for different reasons and motivations are clear.

But I'm glad the show has evolved, everyone apart from Raj seems to be very happy in their relationships.  And as a group of very close friends they have never been stronger.

I have to disagree no one has hinted or implied that they would prefer that we go back to the way the show was in the first three seasons. All they are saying is the abundance  of time spent on Sheldon and Shamy has become  too much. They just would like It to be cut back to allow the other characters more time to have decent screen time and plots. 

Oh and Leonard wasn't the only one to have success with women in the first three seasons Howard did also , he hooked with Christie and Leslie and started dating Bernadette.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

It's not all crap to me. Some of it is, but some of it is not when i watch.

I didn't say the episodes were crap. I was talking about the way Holland and friends go about writing episodes featuring one character or couple in each episode.

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Sheldon was happy without a special person and stated that many times. Are you suggesting people can't be happy without that special person? The thing is Sheldon WAS different than Raj and Howard. Raj and Howard always wanted that special someone.

He had plenty of opportunities to go back to some form or semblance of his old life and he didn't want to.

He's clearly happier now than he has ever been and he wanted that change.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Jonny said:

He had plenty of opportunities to go back to some form or semblance of his old life and he didn't want to.

It seems to me then he should worship the ground that Howard and Raj stand on

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, chucky said:

I know! We cool?

Because that's the way the writers took it. It wasn't logical for Sheldon to act that way.

It happens all the time in real life.

Many people like Sheldon who either had no interest in being with someone or had issues interacting with people DO end up getting into a lasting relationship.

I know people who have had crippling social anxiety to the point they barely leave their house and a year or two later they are in a relationship.

Real life just works like that, people do meet and fall in love.

Nothing at all about Sheldon's growth is IMO unrealistic.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

It has been drummed into us a million times that Sheldon does not like changes, even now he still resist change and most of the times, he has to be forced into it to keep Amy or Lenny from leaving. Yeah he is clearly happier. Changes need to come from within, not done for selfish reasons.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

It has been drummed into us a million times that Sheldon does not like changes, even now he still resist change and most of the times, he has to be forced into it to keep Amy or Lenny from leaving. Yeah he is clearly happier. Changes need to come from within, not done for selfish reasons.

Well, he's also a wizard...

s_302.gif.f40dcdbeecedca8b58d8b1ccfec4cd54.gif

He can change disbelieving people minds.

Edited by veejay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It happens all the time in real life.
Many people like Sheldon who either had no interest in being with someone or had issues interacting with people DO end up getting into a lasting relationship.
I know people who have had crippling social anxiety to the point they barely leave their house and a year or two later they are in a relationship.
Real life just works like that, people do meet and fall in love.
Nothing at all about Sheldon's growth is IMO unrealistic.
Sorry I disagree, there is no one like Sheldon in real life. No one in their right mind would put up with someone like him. Remember Sheldon has not been diagnosed, so all his actions will be unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

I think the problem with all this for Lenny fans is the build up to Shamy's wedding. Lot of stories were told. Lenny didn't get all of that. It seems to me though now everything is equal now. Their both married. What will be the excuse now if Shamy gets more stories?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think the problem with all this for Lenny fans is the build up to Shamy's wedding. Lot of stories were told. Lenny didn't get all of that. It seems to me though now everything is equal now. Their both married. What will be the excuse now if Shamy gets more stories?

Probably how they deal with being married, working on the super asymmetry and isn't Sheldon's best friend turning up and probably a load of other people from Sheldon or Amy's past.  TPTB could make up all sorts of crap so they can  keep on giving them the majority of the stories. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

Probably how they deal with being married, working on the super asymmetry and isn't Sheldon's best friend turning up and probably a load of other people from Sheldon or Amy's past.  TPTB could make up all sorts of crap so they can  keep on giving them the majority of the stories. 

Aren't they bringing back a kid from YS? If he was a close friend why haven't we seen him in 11years?

Edited by Chrismo

50 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

I have to disagree no one has hinted or implied that they would prefer that we go back to the way the show was in the first three seasons. All they are saying is the abundance  of time spent on Sheldon and Shamy has become  too much. They just would like It to be cut back to allow the other characters more time to have decent screen time and plots. 

Oh and Leonard wasn't the only one to have success with women in the first three seasons Howard did also , he hooked with Christie and Leslie and started dating Bernadette.

...also Sheldon could have had "success with women" (Romona and the woman who wanted to sleep with him, but he was too busy with his Hulk-Hands) if he was wired that way....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

Everyone deserves/wants a shot at finding happiness, finding that special person and settling down to a lifetime with them.  Sheldon, Howard and even Raj are no different.

Why do you assume happiness is finding that "special someone"  and settling down ?  You say S, R and H are no different. But the thing is, people are different. There are people who may be asexual or aromantic or otherwise do not want to fall in love . There are plenty of successful people who didn't settle down or had other life goals.   I am not saying , Sheldon finding someone is bad, but I can see why people are questioning it. I just don't see any reason  why he HAD to find someone or why he HAD to be like Leonard. . 

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Exactly, it really doesn’t matter now as long as all couples are happy 

we have to forget the past and look forward to what’s going to happen in the future 

Edited by Burberry
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

As s12 approaches, Shamy appears to be front and center.  But this is an ensemble show with a wonderful cast.  I can take some Shamy.  For the love everything good, tone it down!!  I think there is so much more to explore in the rest of the group.  I would SETTLE for some balance at this point.   

Also, want to add,  as someone who was completely not happy with the way Shamy evolved.  I can't say how Sheldon should have evolved.  I had completely different hopes for them.  For me, IMO, I was hopeful for truly unique quirky couple.  Not a couple who happens to be quirky which is EXACLTY what they are.  Which is what Shamy, IMO, have become.  For those that are happy.  Yay!!  For me, eh?  Who cares? 

It's so bad that it's hard to watch earlier TBBT Sheldon and realize turns out, he really was like every other person out there that shuts off from love and just needed to find that one person to break his walls down.  And love sets him free.  That's fine. That story is told all the time.  I can't vision the early Sheldon becoming this.  I actually roll my eyes out at early Sheldon.  It's just that his friends put up with his crap, then Amy came along, and wore him down (IMO) to this version we have now. 

I realize this is not the YS forum but I will add I enjoy the show. I only want to reference here that it's hard to see the early TBBT Sheldon from the kid that is presented on that show. 

Finally, I have lots of ideas how Shamy could have evolved and been this truly odd couple that left people thinking what in the AF? 

So yeah, if early news is any indicator, it's just hard to get excited about this season.  You know what they say, hope for the best, prepare for the worst (in this case, IMO, is more of the same formula). 

Edited by Denise07
  • Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic