The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, mphs95 said:

I agree.  It won't be like half of the final episodes.  CL loves to do stuff like this.  Dharma and Greg he did the same thing.

Well, I've been told that a leopard never changes it's spots!

Penny’s reason for not having kids in 12x3 was something like life’s so great right now why change that. Don’t think life’s looking so great right now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

I don't see it, Penny is going to have a change of heart and tell Leonard she wants kids and they live happily ever after. I see it coming a million miles away,  just a shame they have come up with this really shit story to do it/set it up.

If this was real life then sure I could absolutely see this relationship ending.  If I was personally in that situation on either side of the fence I would sit my partner down discuss it all and if there was abundantly clear that our positions and utmost desires couldn't coexist then I would look to end the relationship.  So If I wanted kids and it was clear my partner didn't I would end the relationship, if it was clear my partner wanted kids and I didn't then I would also end the relationship because it wouldn't be fair to them to put something on hold or something they want that I couldn't give them.  Would it be painful? Absolutely, but sometimes you have to make that decision in the long run.

Good analysis  I can't see this happening either. They have invested too much in this couple to create a scenario like that.  I agree this half-ass plot with Zack has to result in Penny and Leonard talking things out and coming to some kind of agreement....whether it is to have kids or not will depend on how this story unfolds.  What I am curious about is does Zack's wife Marissa know that Zack and Penny were married?  She now knows they dated and slept together but I wonder if she knows this little tidbit.  Also, didn't Holland say in the beginning of the season that there will not be alot of guest stars to clutter up the stories of the regular characters?  So what happens we get Tam, the YS cast and now Kal Penn & Sean Astin......all in Sheldon/Shamy storylines   Just lip service!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Also, didn't Holland say in the beginning of the season that there will not be alot of guest stars to clutter up the stories of the regular characters?  So what happens we get Tam, the YS cast and now Kal Penn & Sean Astin......all in Sheldon/Shamy storylines   Just lip service!

Exactly! But, they didn't know then the show was ending. Maybe the guests are part of going out with a bang thought! As I've said in the past, it's just been a fizzle thus far!

• Like 2

Welcome, I hope you have a great time.  I was at the last one, if you have questions, PM me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kenan said:

Hi, my first post here, wasn't aware of these boards until now (never too late). We are going to the taping coming Tuesday, for the first time, so we are very exited!!!  We plan to arrive around noon, just to be on the safe side and not miss anything.

As I read on last pages spoilers are allowed, will post our experiences when I get time.

K.

Hello and welcome to this forum, I hope you'll have a really nice time at the taping.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kenan said:

Hi, my first post here, wasn't aware of these boards until now (never too late). We are going to the taping coming Tuesday, for the first time, so we are very exited!!!  We plan to arrive around noon, just to be on the safe side and not miss anything.

As I read on last pages spoilers are allowed, will post our experiences when I get time.

K.

Welcome! I'm sure you will have the best time!!!:party:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kenan said:

K.

Welcome @kenan ! You are correct, it is never too late. I hope you have an amazing time at the taping!

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Welcome, I hope you have a great time.  I was at the last one, if you have questions, PM me. 

I've read your report as well as all taping information I could find here, I probably can't match it but I will do my best. Good to see spoilers are allowed so one doesn't have to worry about it 😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kenan said:

I've read your report as well as all taping information I could find here, I probably can't match it but I will do my best. Good to see spoilers are allowed so one doesn't have to worry about it 😀

There’s no need to match it.  I’ve got a pretty good memory.  The major thing is to enjoy yourself.  Take in the experience.  Just have fun.  We do appreciate whatever you do remember. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kenan said:

K.

Welcome to the forum and have a wonderful time at the taping! :)

24 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I’ve got a pretty good memory.

Understatement of the year*.

*I allow myself to say that seeing that we're 12 days into the year.

• Like 4

On 1/9/2019 at 2:02 AM, Tensor said:

Scene 11 Sheldon barges into Siebert's office, telling him what the other scientists are doing, and objecting to them trying to get rid of Amy.  Siebert says he agrees and Caltech will fight to get Amy on the Nobel committee.  Sheldon stops short, says he was expecting more pushback.  Siebert says his job is to take care of Sheldon's academic and personal needs.  "Huh," says Sheldon.  What do I do with all this nervous energy.   Siebert says they have a brand new weight center, go there to work it off.    Sheldon asks, where is it?   Siebert says it's in the new gymnasium center.  Sheldon goes, Where's that?"  Siebert gets up to take him to the 

Scene 12 . Penny is walking up the stairs and she finds Bernadette sitting on the step on the second floor.  Penny asks if she's been there long, and Bernadette says, "Long enough for two of your neighbors to ask if I was lost  and needed my mommy."   Penny says she isn't going to do the job.   Bernadette says no problem, she found another salesperson  (I don't remember the name, lets call her Peggy) to do the job.  Penny is upset, because that woman has been stealing her yogurt.  Bernadette says she had to pick her, since Penny didn't want to do the job and besides Peggy is smart because she has a masters. Penny says that she is smarter than Peggy, because she can read Penny on the yogurt.   Bernadette says she needed someone who could handle the job, be tough and she didn't want to press Penny, since she didn't want to do it.  Penny says it's not that she doesn't want to do it, she's just nervous about doing it....Hey, wait a minute, I know what you're doing.  Bernadette goes "Is it working?"  Penny goes "Yessssss" and then turned to go up the steps.  Bernadette says " does this mean I'll see you Monday?"  penny says "Yesssssss" as she turns the corner of the staircase.   Bernadette snickers, and says, "I could get her pregnant if I wanted to."  

Tag Scene Pre taped . Penny has just completed her presentation to the salespeople working for her.  As she passed out the folders with all the information in them.  She says they have to learn all the information by tomorrow, and one salesman, Peggy, says no one can learn all of the info overnight, besides, do you know everything that's in there?  Penny give her a withering look and says, "Do you want to go head to head on this, the winner get the yogurt in the fridge."  The other woman looks away, with Bernadette smiling.  Then Penny says go ahead and go, learn it.  They are still milling around and Penny yells, "I said go learn this, now and everyone be back her in the morning."  The other salesmen run off and Bernadette walks up to congratulate Penny and ask, "do you really know all the data in the packet?"  Penny start talking to Bernadette in the same tone of voice she yelled at the other salesman.  Bernadette says, stop, that tone doesn't work on me."  Penny goes, "yeah, I know, sorry."  

Ok, that's it for the taping.  I may wait until tomorrow to give you the rest of the BTS info, I'm tired.  

THank You tensor. Hope you had a good time. 

• Like 2

As a reminder on Sunday night The Critics Choice Awards will take place.  The cast of “The Big Bang Theory,” including Mayim Bialik, Kaley Cuoco, Johnny Galecki, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Jim Parsons, and Melissa Rauch will be on hand to recognize show creator Chuck Lorre with the Critics’ Choice Creative Achievement Award, just in time to celebrate the show’s final season.  

The Critics’ Choice Awards will be broadcast live on The CW Network on Sunday, January 13th, from 7 – 10 p.m. ET

• Like 7

9 hours ago, kenan said:

K.

Thanks in advance : I love reading spoilers.  However, the priority is that you enjoy yourselves and have a great time. We'll be grateful for whatever you  remember.

• Like 2

Yes, the main thing is to have a good time and enjoy the experience!

• Like 1

thanks all, will do so!

my last taping was two and a half men some years ago, looking forward to see how it compares to that one!

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, kenan said:

thanks all, will do so!

my last taping was two and a half men some years ago, looking forward to see how it compares to that one!

Hopefully this one will be better!

21 hours ago, vonmar said:

From TBBT You Tube channel...

Is there any point to this? Amy is going to stay on or Sheldon is going to take is name off. Time to move on.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Is there any point to this? Amy is going to stay on or Sheldon is going to take is name off. Time to move on.

No, there is no point to that. That's just the writers running out of good ideas. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Got a feeling Sheldon is going to betray Amy for the Nobel Prize. 

I think I have to disagree with you on this tptb will want to make sheldon the hero and he will step aside

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I don't think so. There will be some twist, but I don't think it's that. I could be wrong. If the other guys have been working on this longer they may even cut both of them out. I'm just not sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

45 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I think I have to disagree with you on this tptb will want to make Sheldon the hero and he will step aside

Neither of the above !