Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, Denise07 said:

this version we have now

What version of Sheldon do we have now?

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Exactly, it really doesn’t matter now as long as all couples are happy 

we have to forget the past and look forward to what’s going to happen in the future 

But will the past be the future,. Would you be happy if there were no more Shamy stories? As long as they were happy you would be fine?

1 minute ago, Burberry said:

The too much version

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Well, this is an interesting factoid..what would have had happened with him in the main cast? 

https://people.com/movies/macaulay-culkin-passed-the-big-bang-theory/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I find it funny he says he would have been rich now if he took it, who says it would have been as succesful if he played Sheldon or Leonard? (I guess that's what he was offered because the inital pitch is the first pilot, he was probably thought about for Sheldon as Johnny wanted to play Leonard).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

He's clearly happier now than he has ever been and he wanted that change.

Absolutely, he just never knew what love felt like until he met Amy

6 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

The too much version

Like too sexualized Sheldon?

Edited by Burberry
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

On 8/8/2018 at 5:19 PM, Die Zimtzicke said:

Jim wants to wear HIS wedding band. Nothing more to it than that.

How do you know it’s his own ring?

5 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Like too sexualized Sheldon?

Like too much screen time

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Burberry said:

we have to forget the past and look forward to what’s going to happen in the future 

Sorry, somethings will or should not be forgotten.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Silver1984 said:

How do you know it’s his own ring?

It wasn't his own ring. The one in S. 11 finale was a prop (Jim has said that in an interview, I can't remember which one), probably they will let him use his own ring in S. 12, as they did for Simon.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chucky said:

Sorry, somethings will or should not be forgotten.

Since Shamy got twice as much screen time as Lenny in season 11 would everybody be happy if Lenny got twice as much in season 12......as long as Shamy was happy.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, bfm said:

I find it funny he says he would have been rich now if he took it, who says it would have been as succesful if he played Sheldon or Leonard? (I guess that's what he was offered because the inital pitch is the first pilot, he was probably thought about for Sheldon as Johnny wanted to play Leonard).

That's what I thought...One of the reasons the show has lasted 11+ seasons is its cast, and the fact they seem to get along and are able to work together in the way they do. Who's to say that would have had happened with different actors? The first pilot with Jim, Johnny and the other actress instead of Kaley was not that successful, for example.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

It happens all the time in real life.

This is a sitcom, not real life. A happy asexual Sheldon Cooper who hates change would fight tooth and nail to keep change from happening. Sheldon was happy when Amy was the girl that was his friend, but not his girlfriend.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, chucky said:

This is a sitcom, not real life. A happy asexual Sheldon Cooper who hates change would fight tooth and nail to keep change from happening. Sheldon was happy when Amy was the girl that was his friend, but not his girlfriend.

Hmm I don’t know 

can you prove that? would Sheldon ask Amy to marry him if he was not happy?

Edited by Burberry
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

1 hour ago, Burberry said:

Exactly, it really doesn’t matter now as long as all couples are happy 

Interesting point of view. Since I don't know the future, what should I do now? I used to perceive a unique sit-com. Now I expect a lousy rom-com under the same name? Do you think I can handle it? I have been doubting it for some time, but I have continue to be surprise myself. Guess, I'm also damaged.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, veejay said:

Interesting point of view. Since I don't know the future, what should I do now? I used to perceive a unique sit-com. Now I expect a lousy rom-com under the same name? Do you think I can handle it? I have been doubting it for some time, but I have continue to be surprise myself. Guess, I'm also damaged.

Wasn't the show about science at one time? At least the two or three seasons of the 40 year virgin is done.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Wasn't the show about science at one time? At least the two or three seasons of the 40 year virgin is done.

I really don't know what you're talking about.

tbss.gif.721b2e968752c082e65c4b67aea2a54f.gif

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Hmm I don’t know 

can you prove that? would Sheldon ask Amy to marry him if he was not happy?

I guess when TPTB decided to completely change his character, he did ask her to marry him. 

9 minutes ago, chucky said:

I find that odd as well! Today is young.

No, it isn’t. :icon_cheesygrin:

cheers10.gif.24d12d9674fc5a9399d96515492b14af.gif

Cheers from overseas.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Good question. I'd say a growing up and maturing version.  As other people have grown up around him, he 's gradually becoming aware of his phobias and obsessions and realising that's what they are, not just examples of what is wrong with the world. He's making decisions to control them. Sheldon 'lost' years to education his personality and emotions weren't ready for, the way recovering alcoholics or drug addicts might be years behind in development if they've fallen off the wagon when young. The growing up has to start once they're 'clean' . Sheldon too needs to catch up but he's only recently decided to get a grip and start. Sheldon's had no end of obsessions,phobias and compulsions to contend with aside from his rapid rush up the academic ladder and his high IQ.  At Howard's stag do he said he'd always thought Howard would be the last of their group to get married.  It must have crossed his mind at some point that some woman somewhere would want him some time. The way he reacted to Amy's wanting time away to consider the relationship kickstarted something.

1 hour ago, chucky said:

He seemed to be. It suited him ........... until she showed signs of wanting a boyfriend. As soon as  Amy dated Stuart, Sheldon changed his demands.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

It wasn't his own ring. The one in S. 11 finale was a prop (Jim has said that in an interview, I can't remember which one), probably they will let him use his own ring in S. 12, as they did for Simon.

Thanks! 😊

Wearing your own ring on screen ... I can understand the notion and I probably would also want to use my own ring ... but ... doesn't it also has a kind of a symbolic meaning for the screen relationship you are having with your significant partner actor?

It could mean that you are letting this person in to be a part of your life?

In this case it would mean both Melissa and Amy would have to wear the same rings as Simon and Jim wear in real life? 

Maybe we should move this discussion to the Shamy thread 😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Good question. I'd say a growing up and maturing version.  As other people have grown up around him, he 's gradually becoming aware of his phobias and obsessions and realising that's what they are, not just examples of what is wrong with the world. He's making decisions to control them. Sheldon 'lost' years to education his personality and emotions weren't ready for, the way recovering alcoholics or drug addicts might be years behind in development if they've fallen off the wagon when young. The growing up has to start once they're 'clean' . Sheldon too needs to catch up but he's only recently decided to get a grip and start. Sheldon's had no end of obsessions,phobias and compulsions to contend with aside from his rapid rush up the academic ladder and his high IQ.  At Howard's stag do he said he'd always thought Howard would be the last of their group to get married.  It must have crossed his mind at some point that some woman somewhere would want him some time. The way he reacted to Amy's wanting time away to consider the relationship kickstarted something.

Oh, definitely!

I'd also say that while he found himself kicking and screaming against any sort of change prior to this it was also established over and over again that he latched onto Amy pretty much immediately and couldn't let go of her even if he wanted. In early S4 there were quite a few episodes where he'd ponder or even try to end their friendship/relationship but couldn't do it. Most prominently, obviously, in Zazzy. The idea that Sheldon would be happy without Amy was pretty much dead on arrival cause the writers had already decided otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, April said:

the writers had already decided otherwise.

The writers in their infinite wisdom.

2 hours ago, veejay said:

No, it isn’t. :icon_cheesygrin:

cheers10.gif.24d12d9674fc5a9399d96515492b14af.gif

Cheers from overseas.

As the old Jimmy Buffet/Alan Jackson song goes, "It's 5 o'clock somewhere". Cheers!

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

He seemed to be. It suited him ........... until she showed signs of wanting a boyfriend. As soon as  Amy dated Stuart, Sheldon changed his demands.

You mean the writers changed his character.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chucky said:

You mean the writers changed his character.

Did they? Yes. Does it matter? No. What really changed is the quantity. Sheldon changed and progressed. Howdette changed and progressed. Unfortunately for Lenny fans they did not.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Silver1984 said:

Thanks! 😊

Wearing your own ring on screen ... I can understand the notion and I probably would also want to use my own ring ... but ... doesn't it also has a kind of a symbolic meaning for the screen relationship you are having with your significant partner actor?

It could mean that you are letting this person in to be a part of your life?

In this case it would mean both Melissa and Amy would have to wear the same rings as Simon and Jim wear in real life? 

Maybe we should move this discussion to the Shamy thread 😉

I don't know, I think it's just more convenient for the actors in the show to wear their own wedding bands, instead of taking them off and wearing a prop each time, it's a tiny detail after all, very few people (AKA, crazy fans as us) will notice it. Not always in the USA husbands and wives have matching wedding bands,  the actresses in the show  can wear a different kind of ring, I guess also their own, in Melissa's and Kaley's case. The most recognizable and visible thing at that distance is their engagement ring, but I think they use props for that, Kaley's RL engagement ring for example is not something that can go unnoticed! 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Did they? Yes. Does it matter? No. What really changed is the quantity. Sheldon changed and progressed. Howdette changed and progressed. Unfortunately for Lenny fans they did not.

Well Lenny did change and progress until the writers decided to lose interest in them  , making Lenny since season eight nothing more than  a after thought for the writers

Edited by Zephon75
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1