The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, vonmar said:

PENNY TRIES TO THROW A WRENCH INTO LEONARD’S PLAN TO BE A SPERM DONOR FOR HER EX-BOYFRIEND, ON “THE BIG BANG THEORY,” THURSDAY, FEB. 7

“The Donation Oscillation” – Penny tries to seduce an abstaining Leonard to ruin his “donation” for her ex-boyfriend, Zack (Brian Thomas Smith), and his wife, Marissa (Lindsey Kraft). Also, Wolowitz, Bernadette, Anu (Rati Gupta) and Koothrappali turn Koothrappali’s canceled bachelor party into a couple’s trip aboard the “vomit comet,” on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Feb. 7 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Keith Carradine returns as Penny’s father, Wyatt.

Press Release

Hahaha I can't wait for this!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, vonmar said:

PENNY TRIES TO THROW A WRENCH INTO LEONARD’S PLAN TO BE A SPERM DONOR FOR HER EX-BOYFRIEND, ON “THE BIG BANG THEORY,” THURSDAY, FEB. 7

“The Donation Oscillation” – Penny tries to seduce an abstaining Leonard to ruin his “donation” for her ex-boyfriend, Zack (Brian Thomas Smith), and his wife, Marissa (Lindsey Kraft). Also, Wolowitz, Bernadette, Anu (Rati Gupta) and Koothrappali turn Koothrappali’s canceled bachelor party into a couple’s trip aboard the “vomit comet,” on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Feb. 7 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Keith Carradine returns as Penny’s father, Wyatt.

Press Release

Eeww. So Leonard's intending to go ahead with it at that point against Penny's wishes ? 

Also, it looks as though despite all that's happened, it's still only February in TBBT world. Valentine's Day hopers might be getting it after all.

12 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Hahaha I can't wait for this!!

I don’t see a scenario that Penny  looks good in this episode unless she gives the actual reason for not having kids. Interesting her father is in the episode.

Just now, joyceraye said:

Eeww. So Leonard's intending to go ahead with it at that point against Penny's wishes ? 

Also, it looks as though despite all that's happened, it's still only February in TBBT world. Valentine's Day hopers might be getting it after all.

She agreed he could donate. Second thoughts?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I think, he has no idea about her wishes, since she said that the donation decision is up to him and gave him a cup. And she doesn't want to tell him directly, so she'll try to make her point indirectly 

5 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I don’t see a scenario that Penny  looks good in this episode unless she gives the actual reason for not having kids. Interesting her father is in the episode.

I just thought it's gonna be fun...

Maybe she'll call Wyatt for an advice :) 

Edited by smartandbeautiful
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

I think, he has no idea about her wishes, since she said that the donation decision is up to him and gave him a cup. And she doesn't want to tell him directly, so she'll try to make her point indirectly 

Lenny had an argument over him donating. It was alluded to before Penny agreed to that she had no say about the donating. He still knows that. As to her father he wants grandkids

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Yeah, quite childish... But hey, at least he won't be making the donation that she doesn't want him to make...? IDK, can't say this is good but they could've done worse. This is where keeping very low expectations helps, I guess.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Seems there's no counselling service at the clinic or the lawyer's office. This is bad. I don't think I'm going to laugh.

15 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

For all he knows she agreed. He gave her an opportunity to object and she didn't take it. It seems like on the one hand she wants to "be fair" to him and "even up" the upset feelings (since he's upset she decided not to have kids), but on the other hand she really doesn't want him to do that. Understandable, but instead of having her raise her voice they chose to make her act ridiculously childishly. It's.. interesting what the writers are willing to do for the sake of comedy. The thing is, when it goes so far it's just not funny, at least for me, even if the acting is funny. This feels like a cartoon.

On another note, it seems like many episodes this year are broadcast very shortly after beeing filmed. I know this happens sometimes but this season it feels like it's happening more frequently. Do you guys think that's intentional, so that spoilers won't be out there long before the episode airs? 

• Like 4

I’m confused, I actually think the press release sounds good, since we know Leonard’s answer. IMO, it’s again about Penny’s fears: she doesn’t know how to tell Leonard that she changed her mind about his donation (or deep down inside never wanted him to do that), so she comes up with her own way to prevent this from happening. Yes, it would be much better if she just said that and they talked it through, but in this situation I can imagine Penny being afraid of hurting Leonard’s feelings. Seducing is just for comedy relief and I don’t see anything wrong with that 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

It sounds potentially very funny to me and I love Lenny. 

That's good for you, it's all personal opinion, loving Lenny doesn't mean you have to dislike this or other plots...

14 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

I’m confused, I actually think the press release sounds good, since we know Leonard’s answer. IMO, it’s again about Penny’s fears: she doesn’t know how to tell Leonard that she changed her mind about his donation (or deep down inside never wanted him to do that), so she comes up with her own way to prevent this from happening. Yes, it would be much better if she just said that and they talked it through, but in this situation I can imagine Penny being afraid of hurting Leonard’s feelings. Seducing is just for comedy relief and I don’t see anything wrong with that 🤷🏼‍♀️

I have my qualms but I think it could've been worse, even much worse, so... Anyway, each of us have the things that bug them, the things they're willing to let slide, and the things that really bother others but don't bother them at all... Nothing wrong about that, It would be wrong if it weren't this way.

Edited by bfm
typo
  • Like 4

Just now, bfm said:

I have my qualms but I think it could've been worse, even much worse, so... Anyway, each of us have the things that bug them, the things they're willing to let slide, and the things that really bother others but don't bother them at all... Nothing wrong abot that, It would be wrong if it weren't this way.

Yeah sorry, I totally agree! I was just really excited after reading the press release :)

5 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Yeah sorry, I totally agree! I was just really excited after reading the press release :)

No reason at all to apologize! :) We're allowed and we should have more opinions here. My opinion is my opinion, some share it and some do not, it is not supposed to represent anyone but me or "what should be" or whatever...

(Also I'm sick and have been reading stuff on my phone for a big part of the day, so I was just quick to respond)

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, bfm said:

Yeah, quite childish... But hey, at least he won't be making the donation that she doesn't want him to make...? IDK, can't say this is good but they could've done worse. This is where keeping very low expectations helps, I guess.

33 minutes ago, bfm said:

It reads that she tries to seduce. I would take that as meaning it didn’t work. It seems to me the description given is what they want you know. My point is it’s safe to say there more to the story. As to being childish you may be right. But you aren’t going to get a 5 minute serious talk about having children

Edited by Chrismo

2 minutes ago, bfm said:

For all he knows she agreed. He gave her an opportunity to object and she didn't take it. It seems like on the one hand she wants to "be fair" to him and "even up" the upset feelings (since he's upset she decided not to have kids), but on the other hand she really doesn't want him to do that. Understandable, but instead of having her raise her voice they chose to make her act ridiculously childishly. It's.. interesting what the writers are willing to do for the sake of comedy. The thing is, when it goes so far it's just not funny, at least for me, even if the acting is funny. This feels like a cartoon.

I’m hoping that, when I watch this, it’ll be funny. Hard to see that now, because of the seriousness of the decision to make, or not make, more humans.  My dvr is collecting the episodes - I hope - and I’ll binge the season once it terminates. 

I’m nostalgic for the kick I used to get from L/P. Memories of episodes like say The Holographic Excitation persist.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

It reads that she tries to seduce. I would take that as meaning it didn’t work. It seems to me the description given is what they want you know. My point is it’s safe to say there more to the story. As to being childish you may be right. But you aren’t going to get a 5 minute serious talk about having children

We already know Leonard decides not to donate, and that Wyatt has something to do with it (perhaps making it clear to Leonard that Penny really doesn't want him to do that). 

And isn't it a bit sad that we can't expect a few minutes of serious talk? Doesn't have to be 5, they're very short in time, but this and other sitcoms have had a few minutes of more serious talk when it comes to such issues.

• Like 1

Unless she does seduce him and also not tell him she got off birth control weeks before so for Valentine’s Day her gift to him is a positive pregnancy test.

• Like 3
  • Leonard Cupid 1

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

Press Release

Eww, that sounds gross.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Unless she does seduce him and also not tell him she got off birth control weeks before so for Valentine’s Day her gift to him is a positive pregnancy test.

I doubt she'd do that (and prefer for him to know and agree if they're trying...), but if she gets pregnant from all that seducing then whatever protection BBT characters use is seriously off! Haha maybe it's one of those questionable Zangen products... 

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

I doubt she'd do that (and prefer for him to know and agree if they're trying...), but if she gets pregnant from all that seducing then whatever protection BBT characters use is seriously off! Haha maybe it's one of those questionable Zangen products... 

Maybe it is the same stuff Bernadette and Howard used before she turned up pregnant 😂.

7 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Maybe it is the same stuff Bernadette and Howard used before she turned up pregnant 😂.

That's what I was implying ;)

24 minutes ago, SRAM said:

This is what I'm thinking.

I also think her reason will come out that she fears the kids will not take after Leonard's side and be smart, but her side. When she realizes the two geniuses (Zack and Mrs Zack) are taking the same chance, she comes around.

Edited by BigBang15
  • Confused 1