Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Until I hear otherwise I am operating under the assumption that there is going to be some sort of time jump or voice over fast forward at the end of the final episode.  That sort of scenario would allow them to make things happen in a more realistic time frame.

Will have to be some kind of time jump if the Nobel is a go ahead. They don’t get announced until October, based on last year’s results.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Well why I would be thrilled if Lenny have kids. IT does not define their relationship for me. I got invested in them because how I related to their relationship. I Think its Bold having Penny not wanting kids. Of course alot of Lenny fans don't like they have constructed it. And granted 12x03 was a train wreck. But I Think it is refreshing. IT makes things a little less predictable. 

More power to you!

1 hour ago, Sah said:

I think that I have had enough pregnancy story lines

Good for you. I haven't had enough! I want my smart and beautiful Hofstadter children. I guess, as usual, we will disagree on another subject!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sah said:

Yes. She is also a good friend and kind person. These are good qualities to have. Penny may have gotten the interview set up by Bernadette in the beginning but it was Penny that aced the interview and got promotions on her own merit. I think your daughter's could look up to Penny if they wanted to. She has worked her way up in the world. 

She aced the interview.  LOL. She got the job because the interviewer was scared of Bernadette. I’m not sure what promotions she got. She got her latest “promotion” from Bernadette. She’s worked her way up the world. She went from waitressing to this job. 

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Well why I would be thrilled if Lenny have kids. IT does not define their relationship for me. I got invested in them because how I related to their relationship. I Think its Bold having Penny not wanting kids. Of course alot of Lenny fans don't like they have constructed it. And granted 12x03 was a train wreck. But I Think it is refreshing. IT makes things a little less predictable. 

So you are wishing for what in the last view episodes. If I go along with the no kids scenario what am I looking forward to?

2 hours ago, vonmar said:

Until I hear otherwise I am operating under the assumption that there is going to be some sort of time jump or voice over fast forward at the end of the final episode.  That sort of scenario would allow them to make things happen in a more realistic time frame.

I’m not understanding why are you assuming a time jump? Did I miss something? As to a realistic time frame why become realistic now 

  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I’m not understanding why are you assuming a time jump? Did I miss something? As to a realistic time frame why become realistic now 

Why not become realistic for the series finale.  They could introduce a S/A Nobel with an appropriate period of time having gone by, they could reveal if L/P had kids or not, they could resolve a lot of open ended issues by giving the viewers a glimpse into the future of their favorite characters, while dispelling criticisms of an unrealistic timeline/storyline.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Why not become realistic for the series finale.  They could introduce a S/A Nobel with an appropriate period of time having gone by, they could reveal if L/P had kids or not, they could resolve a lot of open ended issues by giving the viewers a glimpse into the future of their favorite characters, while dispelling criticisms of an unrealistic timeline/storyline.

I think both of the storylines you suggest could be wrapped up by May. JMO but either could be yes or no and be a satisfactory ending.

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vonmar said:

Why not become realistic for the series finale.  They could introduce a S/A Nobel with an appropriate period of time having gone by, they could reveal if L/P had kids or not, they could resolve a lot of open ended issues by giving the viewers a glimpse into the future of their favorite characters, while dispelling criticisms of an unrealistic timeline/storyline.

That I could get behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if any of the cast will be at the SAG Awards show on Sunday. I know none of them or the show is nominated and I did not read if any of them will be presenters?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No they are not nominated and none of them are scheduled to present.  But some of them may appear at the after parties.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:21 PM, veejay said:

Come on. This whole series needs a time machine, right now!

n_063.gif.71c624005cd8a1103c59cf94f9a521af.gif

So they will be able to go back to a time when the show was good?

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:45 PM, Sah said:

Having kids is ultimately Penny's decision. Her body. She probably didn't know how to break the news to him that she didn't want kids. 

Hhhhhmmmmmm, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely not. IMO you're 100% wrong. It is her body but his sperm, if we're talking on these terms. I think it is both their decision. Of course if Penny doesn't want to have kids, that forces Leonard's hand, I understand.

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sah said:

I can agree with this. Not everyone must have kids to be happy. In my opinion just having the love of your life can be enough.i think it would be cool to show a woman that chooses not to have kids travel down a road less traveled.   It takes a strong person to do that. This is what I hope they do because to me it is more interesting. 

I wish they would stop any and all baby episodes and just have Penny say she was pregnant last episode. But I doubt this will happen. Looks like season 12 is a baby season. I was really hopeful they would stay true to no pegnancy storylines. I am really bored with pregnancy episodes. Perhaps I am just bored with the entire show?

 

I agree with your first paragraph in general. What I disagree with is the writer's decision to drop this on Penny, and Leonard, and so so far into the series after everything we've seen from them. They could've done this with Bernadette, missing the train with one character doesn't mean you can just drop this on another. They could've also done this with another character we don't know much about, so it makes sense, like Denise or whoever. Maybe Leslie Winkle drops by and she has decided not to have kids and she's highlt successful and happy. And if they wanted to do this with Penny so bad they should've had her having doubts about having children wayyyyyy earlier while also establishng that having kids does not fit her, and also have Leonard come to the conclusion that he does not want kids either, or at least will not be bothered if he didn't have them so that we don't have to see him having his heart broken in a show that is supposed to entertain us and lift our spirits (not saying sad parts are not allowed but this one had no point, no character growth, no touching moments, just plain sad). 

As for many plots on the topic... I guess when you don't like plots regarding a topic than any amount is a lot. That's fine, it's your opinion. Just note that when you look at the season so far, so many episodes had plots about Super Asymmetry. The no kids issue? Only 3 episodes so far (including the latest taping). To me that is too little, such a serious topic cast aside for episodes, first 9 then 2, to me there was too little about it. How can we have the whacky donation suggestion and then not hear a word about it for 2 episodes?! To me it doesn't make sense. Also, this is not a pregnancy storyline in any way... In fact this is the writers' way of not having a pregnancy storyline.

6 hours ago, vonmar said:

Until I hear otherwise I am operating under the assumption that there is going to be some sort of time jump or voice over fast forward at the end of the final episode.  That sort of scenario would allow them to make things happen in a more realistic time frame.

They may jump to the end of the year but this doesn't change my point. Shamy getting a Nobel for this year, as they are sending their forms this year, would be too fairytaley for me. Yes, they have refered to it being early. But instead of this "strike of luck" why not just give up on this? They could've gotten enough recognition without this sudden Nobel talk.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'm not sure what you mean. They said they were going to get married in India and the gang could come. Then Raj's father said if they didn't have the wedding he'd have a lot more elephants at his birthday party. Raj also told Sheldon there would be elephants but that Sheldon could not feed them peanuts. Please explain. I'm sorry to be dense.,

I've seen videos of the NASA training thing called the vomit comet. I assume that this has something to do with Howard and NASA and he gets  them in or something?

I meant I had never known a quiet, family-only Hindu wedding that I thought you were suggesting.   They've all been flamboyant, many-guested affairs , which I've thoroughly enjoyed, I must say. Come to think of it, I've never known anybody go to India to get married,either.                                                              As for the other question, I thought I was asking Babar if he'd seen it. Perhaps the quote function is playing silly again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bfm said:

But instead of this "strike of luck" why not just give up on this? They could've gotten enough recognition without this sudden Nobel talk.

Because their shamy, the golden couple!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carlos said:

So they will be able to go back to a time when the show was good?

1848730318_mypleasure.gif.4f3c515161878fcd4c9725371a76f39f.gif

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad news, futon claims February 14th is a repeat

Likely episodes on Feb 21st and 28th but they definitely chose the bummer break week

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Carlos said:

So they will be able to go back to a time when the show was good?

That'd be a good destination to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:


Will have to be some kind of time jump if the Nobel is a go ahead. They don’t get announced until October, based on last year’s results.

Isn’t it ridiculous that this super-asymmetry theory can be submitted for the Nobel Prize within a year of its publication?  Doesn't it have to be comprehensively tested by several teams over a longer period of time before a Nobel Prize would be awarded?

bwc.gif.0fa83a8a78717b56c0f1f7bfa815a60c.gif
 
Yeah, maybe I just have to avert my desperate touch of realism again.

  • Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Isn’t it ridiculous that this super-asymmetry theory can be submitted for the Nobel Prize within a year of its publication?  Doesn't it have to be comprehensively tested by several teams over a longer period of time before a Nobel Prize would be awarded?
bwc.gif.0fa83a8a78717b56c0f1f7bfa815a60c.gif
 
Yeah, maybe I just have to avert my desperate touch of realism again.

http:// https://www.livescience.com/64557-the-big-bang-theory-super-asymmetry.html

A real physicist from Fermilab discusses the realities of this Nobel prize plot. Interesting read.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:


http:// https://www.livescience.com/64557-the-big-bang-theory-super-asymmetry.html

A real physicist from Fermilab discusses the realities of this Nobel prize plot. Interesting read.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote

It's certainly true receiving the Nobel Prize is the secret goal of any physicist. But there was a lot wrong with the description in the TV episode. For instance, Amy and Sheldon's paper had come out only a few months prior and there was just one measurement confirming the finding. That's absolutely nothing like how it would really happen. To begin with, there are hundreds of papers written predicting new physical phenomena. It takes a fair bit of time to compare the prediction to data; and it takes even more time to rule out all of the other predictions. In addition, if Super Asymmetry were real, it would make predictions that would have to be confirmed with other measurements. All of that work would take a lot of time.

Yup. Fairytaley.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Penny’s career as I see it is based on:

1. Bernadette getting her a job 

2. Selling drugs to guys by bending over checking out her rack.

3. And as the last episode showed being a bitch as a boss

 

As a father should I tell my daughter to be like Penny?

This is a brave post and I applaud you for posting it. When they were doing a Girl Scout workshop for older girls on Media someone wanted to use some things from TBBT. I fought for them including Amy as a scientist and Mayim as a role model, but I fought just as hard NOT to include Penny at all. We did not need teens figuring out they could make a million dollars a week doing things like pointing at their breasts and saying, "Drinks are on these!" Or leaving unpopular kids in cornfields overnight. We have a lot of cornfields around here. Yes, Penny does some nice things, but you can find just as many over-sexualized things and snarky comments that we don't want the girls using at our events. We wound up using the bit Mayim did for NOVA that has a picture of her in her Brownie uniform in it.

 

6 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I meant I had never known a quiet, family-only Hindu wedding that I thought you were suggesting.   They've all been flamboyant, many-guested affairs , which I've thoroughly enjoyed, I must say. Come to think of it, I've never known anybody go to India to get married,either.       

Ah, now I understand. But they can have a flamboyant wedding without the gang coming from the states, and their families are large from what I've gathered. .

2 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

A real physicist from Fermilab discusses the realities of this Nobel prize plot. Interesting read.

Yes, it was interesting. I liked it.

  • Like 2
  • It's a Tiara 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bfm said:

I agree with your first paragraph in general. What I disagree with is the writer's decision to drop this on Penny, and Leonard, and so so far into the series after everything we've seen from them. They could've done this with Bernadette, missing the train with one character doesn't mean you can just drop this on another. They could've also done this with another character we don't know much about, so it makes sense, like Denise or whoever. Maybe Leslie Winkle drops by and she has decided not to have kids and she's highlt successful and happy. And if they wanted to do this with Penny so bad they should've had her having doubts about having children wayyyyyy earlier while also establishng that having kids does not fit her, and also have Leonard come to the conclusion that he does not want kids either, or at least will not be bothered if he didn't have them so that we don't have to see him having his heart broken in a show that is supposed to entertain us and lift our spirits (not saying sad parts are not allowed but this one had no point, no character growth, no touching moments, just plain sad). 

As for many plots on the topic... I guess when you don't like plots regarding a topic than any amount is a lot. That's fine, it's your opinion. Just note that when you look at the season so far, so many episodes had plots about Super Asymmetry. The no kids issue? Only 3 episodes so far (including the latest taping). To me that is too little, such a serious topic cast aside for episodes, first 9 then 2, to me there was too little about it. How can we have the whacky donation suggestion and then not hear a word about it for 2 episodes?! To me it doesn't make sense. Also, this is not a pregnancy storyline in any way... In fact this is the writers' way of not having a pregnancy storyline.

They may jump to the end of the year but this doesn't change my point. Shamy getting a Nobel for this year, as they are sending their forms this year, would be too fairytaley for me. Yes, they have refered to it being early. But instead of this "strike of luck" why not just give up on this? They could've gotten enough recognition without this sudden Nobel talk.

Totally agree with your analysis.  The Sheldon/Shamy Super Asymmetry topic has taken up alot of episodes in this final season. Believe another poster showed there were 10 out of the 13 episodes that have aired covering this storyline.  In Penny and Leonard's storyline I have commented before and I really believe that episode 12x3 was written before the announcement that the 12th season would be the final one.  They figured they would have the two or at least one year to rectify this plotline. But now they are scrambling to amend the story as they really want to end it on a happy note for Penny and Leonard with a pregnancy story . Even Kaley said in an interview....this is what the fans want!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Totally agree with your analysis.  The Sheldon/Shamy Super Asymmetry topic has taken up alot of episodes in this final season. Believe another poster showed there were 10 out of the 13 episodes that have aired covering this storyline.  In Penny and Leonard's storyline I have commented before and I really believe that episode 12x3 was written before the announcement that the 12th season would be the final one.  They figured they would have the two or at least one year to rectify this plotline. But now they are scrambling to amend the story as they really want to end it on a happy note for Penny and Leonard with a pregnancy story . Even Kaley said in an interview....this is what the fans want!

Even if they wrote it thinking they will have another season or two, I think it was a huge mistake. As I wrote before, IMO, this put them in a lose-lose situation where if they have Penny change her mind they're having another character not wanting kids and then changing her mind, which is far from a good way of representing a minority group that is frequently belittled or attacked; and if they have her stick to her decision they will upset many fans.

Do they want to end with Leonard and Penny being happy parents/parents-to-be? I don't know. I'm tired of trying to guess their motivations. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

This is a brave post and I applaud you for posting it. When they were doing a Girl Scout workshop for older girls on Media someone wanted to use some things from TBBT. I fought for them including Amy as a scientist and Mayim as a role model,

 

Wow. I always thought the Amy character was an insult to all women scientists in that we are told she is an accomplished scientist but we see an emtionally and socially repressed individual who has never had any friends because she's so unpleasant. There's nothing wrong with having unpleasant characters in a sitcom, but for a role-model I would have thought Lesley Winkle was preferable in every respect.

  • Like 1
  • Run to India 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.