The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

41 minutes ago, chucky said:

As with Howard and Bernadette, we know who will wear the pants in the marriage.

Bernie. And that is ok if it works for them. Howard needs some guidance sometimes but has come along ways. Bernie is a great match for him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sah said:

Bernie. And that is ok if it works for them. Howard needs some guidance sometimes but has come along ways. Bernie is a great match for him.

True

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, chucky said:

It is ok for Raj. He probably needs someone to keep his emotions in balance. if it works for them it works for me. She might appreciate Raj's romantic and sweet side. She might appreciate that he is intelligent, clean, romantic and is a great cook. She might appreciate Raj cooking a nice dinner after a long work day. He would go the extra mile. He might need the strong woman type.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sah said:

He might need the strong woman type.

Most definitely the strong woman type is needed by him, as well as Howard.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

You know the show has to end IMO when people start caring about Raj.

Sad, but true

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

You know the show has to end IMO when people start caring about Raj.

Whats wrong with Raj?

i know he's not a main character, but I think the enviroment he grew up in (being spoiled by his parents), matched with his personality didn't help him in life.

He now seems to become his own man, and to me he deserves some respect and caring.

Edited by Tribble
forgot a word.
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

For me there is no main character in BBT, but rather 6-7 of them, Raj being one of them. Support characters are all sorts of Stewarts, Berts etc. but definitely not Raj.

OK, clearly, if anyone is main one it is Sheldon but I still see it as shared starring!

• Like 4

What I like less (like less, not dislike) about Anu being a "strong woman" is that that relationship can easily become the writers' go-to trope of the controlling, and a bit condescending, woman who looks down at her man-child who should thank his lucky stars for having her. This is the strongest with Howardette but to some extents they tend to take all couples there (lt's less so with Shamy but the man-child elememt is strong there and if they had more seasons of marriage they might have gone there).

I liked it when Anu was willing to fool around with him in Halloween and when they confessed things to each other and for once we've seen Raj being more mature, his singing Beyonce actually being him joking while most of the times it's him being goofy without the intention to be so.

I would like to see a woman on this show that is more on-par with her man and doesn't have to be his esarz-mother or look down on him. This includes reverting couples like Lenny to their previous state where it was much more like this. Howardette were like this almost from the beginning and it works for them, that's okay for one couple but no need to morph every couple into this or start a new couple being already close to this.

• Like 8
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, bfm said:

.../...

I would like to see a woman on this show that is more on-par with her man and doesn't have to be his esarz-mother or look down on him. This includes reverting couples like Lenny to their previous state where it was much more like this. Howardette were like this almost from the beginning and it works for them, that's okay for one couple but no need to morph every couple into this or start a new couple being already close to this.

Sorry I have to ask. Did you mean "Ersatz"- mother in the sense of "substitute"?

18 hours ago, chucky said:

If she knew the meaning of what she said, then yeah. What we don't know is if she knew or if she complained about it. Since we are ignorant on those two points, I agree she shouldn't be blamed.

I don't think Mayim has or ever had the power to change anything. I wonder if any of them do. I've seen them all saying things that I think they should have complained about.

18 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I’m not sure about comparing the two. I’m having trouble remembering the misogyny in Blazing Saddles.

Blazing Saddles insulted everyone. It is the poster film for not being politically correct. Even Mel Brooks has said he couldn't have made it even a few years later.

14 hours ago, chucky said:

But that is what Raj needs. His parents did everything for him. His friends do things for him. He's not capable of standing on it own, by his own admission. Someone to tell him what to do is what works for him. And it will work for them, same as it does for Howard.

6 hours ago, bfm said:

I liked it when Anu was willing to fool around with him in Halloween and when they confessed things to each other and for once we've seen Raj being more mature, his singing Beyonce actually being him joking while most of the times it's him being goofy without the intention to be so.

I liked all that as well, and to be honest. at least Raj and Anu talk out their problems and we get to see some of it. With the other couples that is sometimes seriously lacking.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

But that is what Raj needs. His parents did everything for him. His friends do things for him. He's not capable of standing on it own, by his own admission. Someone to tell him what to do is what works for him. And it will work for them, same as it does for Howard.

Exactly what I was talking about. Both Howard and Raj need a firm hand on the tiller!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tribble said:

Whats wrong with Raj?

i know he's not a main character, but I think the enviroment he grew up in (being spoiled by his parents), matched with his personality didn't help him in life.

He now seems to become his own man, and to me he deserves some respect and caring.

I would say anyone making a million dollars an episode IS a main character.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Or, he could grow, learn how to work in a relationship and in life. Sure he won't pull a 180, but why does it have to be the role of the woman to manage the man? It is one thing when it's one couple, but to me it becomes boring and grating when all of them trend this way, and do so more and more as the show progresses.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Blazing Saddles insulted everyone. It is the poster film for not being politically correct. Even Mel Brooks has said he couldn't have made it even a few years later.

That may well be right. But I can’t recall the misogyny. I do poorly maybe recall an ersatz Marlene Dietrich busting, um... “chops”.

And it said something about race... I’m not sure political correctness was what it was having a go at.

/out.

• Like 1

Just went on the taping thread and didn't realize Leonard isn't donating. Why is that good? Did Penny agree to have children?

2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Just went on the taping thread and didn't realize Leonard isn't donating. Why is that good? Did Penny agree to have children?

That ain't good! The writers spoiled things again!

9 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

That answer to not having children has still to be addressed.  Perhaps when this episode has aired we will have a better picture. Or possibly in the next episode. Either way they have to come to a resolution.Like

Edited by Mario D.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bfm said:

Or, he could grow, learn how to work in a relationship and in life.

Raj won't grow or learn anything to work in a relationship. He should have learned from watching Howard or Leonard. Sheldon can't teach anything except about contracts! I mean he has his paycheck and his parents money and he got himself deep in credit card debt. So thus far there is no learning from Raj!

2 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

But either way they have to come to a resolution.

Thank god!

• Like 1

Just now, Chrismo said:

That’s good, because IMO the whole idea with Leonard donating to Penny’s ex was ridiculous. Also, judging by the press release, Penny changes her mind about her previous ‘do whatever you want, it’s your desicion’, so in the next episodes it will probably lead to conversation about having kids again (or Penny will just realize that deep down inside she wants them, and it was her fear of commitment) 

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

That’s good, because IMO the whole idea with Leonard donating to Penny’s ex was ridiculous. Also, judging by the press release, Penny changes her mind about her previous ‘do whatever you want, it’s your desicion’, so in the next episodes it will probably lead to conversation about having kids again (or Penny will just realize that deep down inside she wants them, and it was her fear of commitment) 

I think it's not exactly that she changes her mind that the decision about the donation should be Leonard's, but that she really doesn't want it to happen. That's completely understandable, regardless of her opinion on having children of their own. Her husband having a biological child for her ex and the ex's wife, with the wife, few people would be okay with this.

• Like 3