[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Tensor

26 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Close.   She had a couple of scenes with Johnny in 4A.  The rest of her scenes we're pre-taped.  This had nothing really to do with her.  All the scenes from the novel were pre-taped.  As all of Melissa's scenes were pre-taped, Kaley's scene with her was also pre-taped.  Christine Baranski's scenes were also pre-taped, and her and Melissa were not there on taping night.  Interestingly, Kevin only appeared in the novel scenes, but he was there during the taping.  

Thanks for the reminder.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I’m going to say v11.24.18. I’m not sure about the last iteration number but hey. The in-house release name might be something like “Groom”.

Edit: maybe it makes sense to think of him as a code release. Hehe. 

Like a malware or a trojan? I'm sure Leonard would confirm both. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, veejay said:

Like a malware or a trojan? I'm sure Leonard would confirm both. 😀

Or a Virus... 

"My new computer came with Windows 7. It is alot more user Friendly. I don't like that" 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Or a Virus... 

"My new computer came with Windows 7. It is alot more user Friendly. I don't like that" 

Maybe it was just a wormhole after all, but he didn’t found his home planet. 😁

s_206.gif.bd1f86710bd6a469e1f2db6d762907d4.gif

• Like 3

On 8/9/2018 at 9:45 AM, Nogravitasatall said:

That’s an interesting proposition. That Leonard had more female relationships was a characteristic of that time, but I don’t pine for that. It’s more a question of the narrative focus.

I think we forget, or some didn't see that Leonard was a man-whore. When he was not with Penny, he'd sleep with ANYONE that was available.

22 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Sorry I disagree, there is no one like Sheldon in real life. No one in their right mind would put up with someone like him. Remember Sheldon has not been diagnosed, so all his actions will be unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sorry, you're wrong. There are MANY people like Sheldon (or worse) in real life. Some in the sciences, some in business, some.... everywhere.

• Like 5
  • Run to India 1

20 hours ago, Burberry said:

What version of Sheldon do we have now? The Sheldon that just needed to find love to be actualized.

Also from my original post to further support my OPINION...

I actually roll my eyes out at early Sheldon.  It's just that his friends put up with his crap, then Amy came along, and wore him down (IMO) to this version we have now. 

In case it's still not clear.  I CANNOT watch early TBBT episodes and take Sheldon seriously.  With Young Sheldon and Sheldon on TBBT do not mesh.  *maybe some share my view and others may not* 

Edited by Denise07
  • Like 2

Sorry, you're wrong. There are MANY people like Sheldon (or worse) in real life. Some in the sciences, some in business, some.... everywhere.
And what's wrong with been a ma n who're. He was young, single and free.

And all those people you mention, have friends and are married? I know people similar to sheldon and they are not as bad as him. Not even close to his madness.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

And what's wrong with been a ma n who're. He was young, single and free.

And all those people you mention, have friends and are married? I know people similar to sheldon and they are not as bad as him. Not even close to his madness.

Even if you have not meet anyone “as bad” as sheldon does not mean there is not anyone out there 

• Like 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

2 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

I think we forget, or some didn't see that Leonard was a man-whore. When he was not with Penny, he'd sleep with ANYONE that was available.

Really ??

So you say it is common to find a thirty something adult swimming around in a child ballpit shouting "bazinga"

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

Your description of a man-whore is so different than mine. Man-Whore, think Kurt, Eric, Mike and in a sense Zack. They'll do any and all women.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

I don't think so. As someone said, you nothing about his mental problems as he hasn't been treated and analized. There is a lot of crazy going on in that head. Mary should have gotten a second opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chucky said:

I don't think so. As someone said, you nothing about his mental problems as he hasn't been treated and analized. There is a lot of crazy going on in that head. Mary should have gotten a second opinion.

Maybe the writers will reveal that some time 

there is probably people with schizophrenia that are worse

Edited by Burberry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Burberry said:

Maybe the writers will reveal that some time 

It's all in the writers heads, they reveal what they want to reveal. They will wait until it's revealed in "YS". That way they won't contradict them.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

Really? Name one. To clarify, let me rephrase that as to when he wasn't in a relationship (Pryia or Penny) he'd sleep with anyone available.
And again what is wrong with having a health sex life. And what you seem to forget is that all these women you are on about came on to him. What man would turn that down women throwing themselves at them if they are single. Well some, I wouldn't, nor would Raj or Howard. I guess they are bad men for wanting a sex life when they were young.& single.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

3 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

That term is a little harsh here, no?  Leonard did take advantage of "opportunities" in that realm, but (and this is an important consideration here) with the exception of Mrs. Latham (and that is a strange set of circumstances, with the "take one for the team" sort of vibe going on), Leonard cared for the women he was with.  There was no "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" feel in his physical relationships.  With Mrs. Latham, he was more the party taken advantage of (the "whammee" as opposed to the "whamer"--sorry.  Sometimes you can't resist....) 

No.  "man-whore" for me does not fit.....

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

Really? Name one. To clarify, let me rephrase that as to when he wasn't in a relationship (Pryia or Penny) he'd sleep with anyone available.

Ahhhh, I see, you have changed your statement.   So I was correct that your first statement was false.  As for this one, it's also false.  He didn't sleep with Penny when she came over after he left the Halloween party.  

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Ahhhh, I see, you have changed your statement.   So I was correct that your first statement was false.  As for this one, it's also false.  He didn't sleep with Penny when she came over after he left the Halloween party.  

And he didn't join Howard and Raj in their many quests to find women to sleep with.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 4

Just now, bfm said:

He also didn't sleep with Joy (I think that was her name) and he didn't join Howard and Raj in their mamy quests to find women to sleep with.

He wasn't planning on going on another date with her, but after she told him she would probably be giving it away, he accepted her offer to go to a wedding.  While not an explicit reference of his sleeping with her, I tend to lean toward he did.  

24 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

That term is a little harsh here, no?  Leonard did take advantage of "opportunities" in that realm, but (and this is an important consideration here) with the exception of Mrs. Latham (and that is a strange set of circumstances, with the "take one for the team" sort of vibe going on), Leonard cared for the women he was with.  There was no "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" feel in his physical relationships.  With Mrs. Latham, he was more the party taken advantage of (the "whammee" as opposed to the "whamer"--sorry.  Sometimes you can't resist....) 

No.  "man-whore" for me does not fit.....

Correct. Stephanie - serious relationship, Leslie - he wanted a serious relationship, Dr Plimpton - can't know for sure but I think he would like a relationship there too like he did with Priya, Missy - he wanted to date her and nothing indicated he wanted sex and just that (sex was also not that likely to happen in a first date), the upstairs neighbor (Alicia?) - again nothing to indicate he wanted just sex and the other instances and Penny make it plausible he wanted a relationship. 

4 minutes ago, Tensor said:

He wasn't planning on going on another date with her, but after she told him she would probably be giving it away, he accepted her offer to go to a wedding.  While not an explicit reference of his sleeping with her, I tend to lean toward he did.  

Forgot about that. Well one bad example against many better ones.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic