[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Just now, bfm said:

I think it's not exactly that she changes her mind that the decision about the donation should be Leonard's, but that she really doesn't want it to happen. That's completely understandable, regardless of her opinion on having children of their own. Her husband having a biological child for her ex and the ex's wife, with the wife, few people would be okay with this.

Yeah that’s exactly what I meant, just couldn’t express, thanks 😅

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

That’s good, because IMO the whole idea with Leonard donating to Penny’s ex was ridiculous. Also, judging by the press release, Penny changes her mind about her previous ‘do whatever you want, it’s your desicion’, so in the next episodes it will probably lead to conversation about having kids again (or Penny will just realize that deep down inside she wants them, and it was her fear of commitment) 

I'm not seeimg the happiness in this. It just makes Leonard look like a sucker

Just now, Chrismo said:

I hope isn't a guarantee.

It’s not, but imo it would’ve been much more complicated if Leonard said yes. Now there’s a good possibility that Zack’s storyline was created to change Penny’s mind about having kids. So yeah, I’m pretty hopeful right now 

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, smartandbeautiful said:

That’s good, because IMO the whole idea with Leonard donating to Penny’s ex was ridiculous. Also, judging by the press release, Penny changes her mind about her previous ‘do whatever you want, it’s your desicion’, so in the next episodes it will probably lead to conversation about having kids again (or Penny will just realize that deep down inside she wants them, and it was her fear of commitment) 

Totally agree with you

5 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

It’s not, but imo it would’ve been much more complicated if Leonard said yes. Now there’s a good possibility that Zack’s storyline was created to change Penny’s mind about having kids. So yeah, I’m pretty hopeful right now 

Seeing that Penny's father is also to appear in this episode it may well have a bearing on her  decision(s)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smartandbeautiful said:

I agree, that was ridiculous. Penny saying she didn't want kids was ridiculous as well. Their discussion on having kids should have happened before they got married! Would they have gotten married if Leonard knew of Penny's objection to having kids? That's a good question.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

This could be like a Paul Harvey radio story (old radio guy some may remember)  You would get the headline, they would go to a commercial and then he would tell the rest of the story. What the headline is Leonard decides not to donate sperm. The rest of the story better be Penny kissing a lot of ass. Ideally for me she decides that since Leonard really wants kids and she been coming with a lot of BS and unbelievable reasons not to she changes her mind. The tag should be Penny throwing her birth control pills in the garbage can. To me this is more believable that actually seeing them have more discussions on the subject. 

I think Penny probably told her dad about Leonard decision and Wyatt came down to discourage him from going through with it. While Penny is trying to seduce Leonard, he finds out Penny can't have kids and feels bad so decides not to follow through. Lennys case closed. Phew. Now tptb can move their attention back to the Sheldon Show.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I'm not seeimg the happiness in this. It just makes Leonard look like a sucker

I think it makes Leonard look like he really cares about his wife, loves her, and doesn't want her to be forever very uncomfortable due to his making that donation.

And yes, he will be forver uncomfortable/upset/unsatisfied not having kids even though he wanted to, but this is not about evening out the bad feelings. It would be different if he felt making this donation would be a great comfort for him and would make him very happy/proud of himself/whatever, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It didn't seem so important to him that it would be "worth" Penny's suffering.

• Like 3

Just now, chucky said:

I agree, that was ridiculous. Penny saying she didn't want kids was ridiculous as well. Their discussion on having kids should have happened before they got married! Would they have gotten married if Leonard knew of Penny's objection to having kids? That's a good question.

That’s a great question! I’ve actually noticed that this ‘I don’t really wanna have kids’ topic has been raised pretty often in the recently released movies and tv series. For instance - tv show ‘The Good Doctor’ (2017) and that new movie with Jennifer Lopez (‘Second act’ or something like that). And in both of them women told their partners/fiancées that they didn’t want to have children, and in both men left them.

Soooo in a way it’s actually cool what they did to Lenny - showed that their love is stronger than basically anything, even such important milestone as having babies. I’m not telling that I like that - I’d prefer them having at least two kids 😅 but comparing to the other shows, I loved that Leonard didn’t even think of leaving Penny. 

• Like 3
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

On 1/28/2019 at 3:59 PM, bfm said:

I think it makes Leonard look like he really cares about his wife, loves her, and doesn't want her to be forever very uncomfortable due to his making that donation.

And yes, he will be forver uncomfortable/upset/unsatisfied not having kids even though he wanted to, but this is not about evening out the bad feelings. It would be different if he felt making this donation would be a great comfort for him and would make him very happy/proud of himself/whatever, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It didn't seem so important to him that it would be "worth" Penny's suffering.

It seems to me caring is a two way street. I’m only seeing this going in one direction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tonstar17 said:

I think Penny probably told her dad about Leonard decision and Wyatt came down to discourage him from going through with it. While Penny is try to seduce Leonard, he finds out Penny can't have kids and feels bad so decides not to follow through. Lennys case closed. Phew. Now tptb can move their attention back to the Sheldon Show.

We don't know much but my guess is it will be something like:

Leonard says something about making the donation in a few days and how he should abstain for this.

Penny feels she cannot prevent this as the "fair" thing to do is to let him decide, as she had said before, but she really doesn't want this to happen so she tries to seduce him in order to mess with his donation.

Leonard may manage to resist somewhat. Maybe he "caves" but he just postpones giving the donation, still meaning to do it.

Either Leonard calls Wyatt to try to figure out Penny's odd behavior, or Wyatt calls Leonard to ask him what's this BS he's heard about him wanting to donate his sperm to Penny's ex. Anyway, Wyatt makes Leonard see Penny doesn't want him to do this, and so Leonard decides not to donate. If the writers want Penny to eventually change her mind or confess that she didn't really not want kids, they may have Wyatt tell Leonard not to give up on having kids with her, or something along those lines.

There may be a scene where Leonard tells Penny his decision and she's very relieved. But this may happen "off screen".

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Soooo in a way it’s actually cool what they did to Lenny - showed that their love is stronger than basically anything, even such important milestone as having babies. I’m not telling that I like that - I’d prefer them having at least two kids 😅 but comparing to the other shows, I loved that Leonard didn’t even think of leaving Penny. 

Maybe his love. What you suggest is equivalent to Ted’s wife dying on the finale of HIMYM

• Like 1

Just now, bfm said:

Leonard says something about making the donation in a few days and how he should abstain for this.

Penny feels she cannot prevent this as the "fair" thing to do is to let him decide, as she had said before, but she really doesn't want this to happen so she tries to seduce him in order to mess with his donation.

Leonard may manage to resist somewhat. Maybe he "caves" but he just postpones giving the donation, still meaning to do it.

Either Leonard calls Wyatt to try to figure out Penny's odd behavior, or Wyatt calls Leonard to ask him what's this BS he's heard about him wanting to donate his sperm to Penny's ex. Anyway, Wyatt makes Leonard see Penny doesn't want him to do this, and so Leonard decides not to donate. If the writers want Penny to eventually change her mind or confess that she didn't really not want kids, they may have Wyatt tell Leonard not to give up on having kids with her, or something along those lines.

There may be a scene where Leonard tells Penny his decision and she's very relieved. But this may happen "off screen".

Smooth, let’s hope it goes like that! 😅

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

I loved that Leonard didn’t even think of leaving Penny. 

I often wonder what he would have been thinking when he walked out out on her when she made that declaration. Since they left that part of the equation out, we honestly don't if he thought of leaving her. But that matters not as he decided to remain with his wife!

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Chrismo said:

Maybe his love. What you suggest is equivalent to Ted’s wife dying on the finale of HIMYM

Well yeah, I wonder what would’ve been if it was other way round - Penny wanting to have kids, while Leonard doesn’t 🤔

Hmm I don’t know, I think with HIMYM it was way worse...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Smooth, let’s hope it goes like that! 😅

Now when I watch the episode I will feel like people who bet on sports games probably feel haha waiting to see if I were right.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

You're probably right, especially about doing it off screen.

4 minutes ago, bfm said:

What you suggest makes Penny look like a total bitch. There's a couple who wants kids and she wants to screw that up.  I know this is a novel idea but how about telling Leonard the real reason?

• Like 2

Just now, Chrismo said:

What you suggest makes Penny look like a total bitch. There's a couple who wants kids and she wants to screw that up.  I know this is a novel idea but how about telling Leonard the real reason?

Maybe she’s afraid or something. Ugh how I wish we knew her ‘real reason’ already! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Well yeah, I wonder what would’ve been if it was other way round - Penny wanting to have kids, while Leonard doesn’t 🤔

Hmm I don’t know, I think with HIMYM it was way worse...

I think the reactions would have been much harsher against Leonard. Judgement against men tends to be harsher in some respects, as they are often percieved as having more power, even when they don't really. Sexism goes both ways.

Edited by bfm
Merged
  • Like 1

Your scenario is plausible and could work. Agreed, most of the talk between lenny will be offscreen as usual. Lenny fans missing out on penny showing her true feelings. I just dont see this ending well for lenny and as usual, Leonard will agree not to use his swimmers to please Penny even though it may be killing him inside that he will never be a dad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Your scenario is plausible and could work. Agreed, most of the talk between lenny will be offscreen as usual. Lenny fans missing out on penny showing her true feelings. I just dont see this ending well for lenny and as usual, Leonard will agree not to use his swimmers to please Penny even though it may be killing him inside that he will never be a dad.

But would donating to Zack and Marissa and seeing them be the child's parents really help?

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, bfm said:

But would donating to Zack and Marissa and seeing them be the child's parents really help?

JMO but I think most people knew he wasn’t going to donate. Saying that what is the payoff for Leonard? To answer your question no it wouldn’t of help. But Penny not changing her mind or giving a valid reason or at least throwing Leonard a bone  doesn’t make it better. 

Edited by Chrismo

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic