The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

But would donating to Zack and Marissa and seeing them be the child's parents really help?
No, it wouldn't help. I do not want Leonard to go through with it. It will cause resentment, jealousy and anxieties which can lead to a loss of sexual interest and damage in their marriage. I just wish tptb didnt go there in the first place.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Just now, Chrismo said:

JMO but I think most people knew he wasn’t going to donate. Saying that what is the payoff for Leonard? To answer your question no it wouldn’t of help. But Penny not changing her mind or giving a valid reason or at least throwing Leonard bone make it better.

I think in one of the next episodes she either change her mind or will get pregnant accidentally, since it’s kind of the easiest ways. Hope for the first option, since the writers done accidental pregnancy with Bernadette twice already

• Like 2

Sort of "pie in the sky" dreaming here, but "what if"......Penny has been trying to get pregnant for some time without telling Leonard---she knows he wants children. They have not been successful (obviously).  She has some tests done on herself (all this again, without telling L) and discovers she is fine.  If there is a problem, it lies with Leonard.  She doesn't want him to try to be a donor for Zack and Marissa, as he will learn that he is unable to....

So far-fetched, I know (and you all don't know how much I privately rail against some of the fan fictioney things in different areas of the Forum I read and this is definitely that).  Just trying to throw Mrs. Hofstadter a little love as she has had it a bit rough.....again, "what if"?

• Like 3

JMO but I think most people knew he wasn’t going to donate. Saying that what is the payoff for Leonard? To answer your question no it wouldn’t of help. But Penny not changing her mind or giving a valid reason or at least throwing Leonard a bone  doesn’t make it better. 
The problem here is tptb does not give penny a voice, we do not know why all of a sudden she decided she doesn't want kids. We also dont know why Leonard changed his mind about kids, until the donation story, Leonard seem happy with Penny's decision.

• Like 4

Just now, hokie3457 said:

Sort of "pie in the sky" dreaming here, but "what if"......Penny has been trying to get pregnant for some time without telling Leonard---she knows he wants children. They have not been successful (obviously).  She has some tests done on herself (all this again, without telling L) and discovers she is fine.  If there is a problem, it lies with Leonard.  She doesn't want him to try to be a donor for Zack and Marissa, as he will learn that he is unable to....

So far-fetched, I know (and you all don't know how much I privately rail against some of the fan fictioney things in different areas of the Forum I read and this is definitely that).  Just trying to throw Mrs. Hofstadter a little love as she has had it a bit rough.....again, "what if"?

Wow that’s an interesting theory! I was actually afraid that when Leonard goes through some test before the donation he’ll find out that he’s infertile. 

Anyway, I hope they both can and will have kids eventually 😅 though I wouldn’t be against them adopting, it could be really great and touching plot twist! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I think you can do that without either one having a problem. I will say not having a discussion about kids and that was the reason I could go along with that.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Your scenario is plausible and could work. Agreed, most of the talk between lenny will be offscreen as usual. Lenny fans missing out on penny showing her true feelings. I just dont see this ending well for lenny and as usual, Leonard will agree not to use his swimmers to please Penny even though it may be killing him inside that he will never be a dad.

He wouldn't be a dad anyway.

• Like 4

Interesting take. Could be a reality. You never know with these writers.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

That's interesting, but then why would she let him go through with the donation idea to start with? 

My preferrable* way out of this mess would be Penny confessing she did not really not want children but had decided to give up on them for some reason that is strong and deep enough, IDK, like feeling she wouldn't be good enough for Leonard's children or fearing they won't be able to endure this change as she feels she was lucky enough to marry him and she doesn't want to risk it. IDK, something that would raise sympathy for her from Leonard and viewers. Leonard could understand having fears and insecurities and they could relate to each other in a deep, meaningful way. Then Leonard could help her overcome her fears, like he did before when deciding to try to start, and then restart, a relationship with her. Something like in season 8 when she had fears about getting married and he related, he had fears to, but he wanted to do this anyway. That's Leonard, while Penny tends to bury her fears, take distance, fake being mad, keep a cool-girl image, Leonard is all out about his fears but when he truly wants something he goes for it anyway.

*I say preferred, this is not ideal for me. The ideal scenario would be if the no kids and donation plots never existed and Lenny just had children and be over the roof about it.

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, bfm said:

I think it makes Leonard look like he really cares about his wife, loves her, and doesn't want her to be forever very uncomfortable due to his making that donation.

And yes, he will be forver uncomfortable/upset/unsatisfied not having kids even though he wanted to, but this is not about evening out the bad feelings. It would be different if he felt making this donation would be a great comfort for him and would make him very happy/proud of himself/whatever, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It didn't seem so important to him that it would be "worth" Penny's suffering.

Think you are correct about this.  If he goes through with the donation it would be like an albatross hanging over them forever. He wants to have kids and he wants to have them with Penny.  If that is not going to happen, so be it.  Then we revert back to the scene when he accepts her decision, as long as he has Penny it is ok. But for this to be a happy ending this story must be resolved differently.

3 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

That is a little far-fetched but speculation on how this scenario turns out has gone wild.  As Sheldon would say "This is a tricky wicket"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bfm said:

That's interesting, but then why would she let him go through with the donation idea to start with? 

My preferrable* way out of this mess would be Penny confessing she did not really not want children but had decided to give up on them for some reason that is strong and deep enough, IDK, like feeling she wouldn't be good enough for Leonard's children or fearing they won't be able to endure this change as she feels she was lucky enough to marry him and she doesn't want to risk it. IDK, something that would raise sympathy for her from Leonard and viewers. Leonard could understand having fears and insecurities and they could relate to each other in a deep, meaningful way. Then Leonard could help her overcome her fears, like he did before when deciding to try to start, and then restart, a relationship with her. Something like in season 8 when she had fears about getting married and he related, he had fears to, but he wanted to do this anyway. That's Leonard, while Penny tends to bury her fears, take distance, fake being mad, keep a cool-girl image, Leonard is all out about his fears but when he truly wants something he goes for it anyway.

*I say preferred, this is not ideal for me. The ideal scenario would be if the no kids and donation plots never existed and Lenny just had children and be over the roof about it.

As often said tptb have to come up with an explanation of why Penny did not want to have children. To me this is the core of the story and the sperm donation plot was just a conduit to get there.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Think you are correct about this.  If he goes through with the donation it would be like an albatross hanging over them forever. He wants to have kids and he wants to have them with Penny.  If that is not going to happen, so be it.  Then we revert back to the scene when he accepts her decision, as long as he has Penny it is ok. But for this to be a happy ending this story must be resolved differently.

For this to be a happy ending IMO Penny needs to give something to Leonard besides her existence. Leonard gave her an out at the beginning by asking her if she had a problem donating. She didn’t. As I said earlier it just makes look pathetic  by sabotaging the donation for a couple that wants kids. I get weary of Lenny stories that revolve around what Penny wants.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

For this to be a happy ending IMO Penny needs to give something to Leonard besides her existence. Leonard gave her an out at the beginning by asking her if she had a problem donating. She didn’t. As I said earlier it just makes look pathetic  by sabotaging the donation for a couple that wants kids. I get weary of Lenny stories that revolve around what Penny wants.

That’s what bothers me too, Penny’s wants are more important than Leonard’s in their relationship.  Leonard goes to sport bars with her and hangs with her friends, even though he probably hates it but Penny can’t go to a convention with him because she doesn’t want to, etc..

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 4:19 PM, joyceraye said:

Leonard was as bad as Penny, I always thought. Howard was a creep with it, but made it clear he was looking for  'Mrs Wolowitz' nevertheless.  It's because we're answering points about good or bad examples for girls that we've referred to the women's pasts. It doesn't make the men's any better. For all we know, Leonard has picked up some nasty disease from one of his encounters and his sperm is no good anyway. If Penny's sudden anti-kids move is because she's just found out she has blocked tubes from an infection, she's as likely to have caught it from Leonard as from any of  his forerunners. 

Apparently to you this would be absolutely normal. I couldn't disagree with you more. IMO this would make no sense. If Leonard gave her anything (highly unlikely) it would have been ages ago since he hasn't slept with anyone else for a very long time. And for all we know Leonard hasn't picked up any nasty disease from one of his encounters. This is all wild speculation. Nothing in canon suggests your line of thinking.

• Like 6

This show used to be funny...

15 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Apparently to you this would be absolutely normal. I couldn't disagree with you more. IMO this would make no sense. If Leonard gave her anything (highly unlikely) it would have been ages ago since he hasn't slept with anyone else for a very long time. And for all we know Leonard hasn't picked up any nasty disease from one of his encounters. This is all wild speculation. Nothing in canon suggests your line of thinking.

Leonards only slept with like 3 women in his entire life, that is highley unlikely LOL.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

This show used to be funny...

Leonards only slept with like 3 women in his entire life, that is highley unlikely LOL.

I agree, but I count more - the North Korean spy, Penny, Priya, Lesley Winkle, and the older woman - based on the way they have spoken I would say no one else.  Leonard (or Penny)  not being able to hav a child is not funny.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

I agree, but I count more - the North Korean spy, Penny, Priya, Lesley Winkle, and the older woman - based on the way they have spoken I would say no one else.  Leonard (or Penny)  not being able to hav a child is not funny.

And Dr. Plimpton and Stephanie (the medical doctor). Nevertheless , I do agree with everything you say in your post. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MsGreentea said:

Funny used to be a priority. But now I Think they have choosen to be reactive, then funny. 

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Carlos said:
5 minutes ago, Carlos said:

And Dr. Plimpton and Stephanie (the medical doctor). Nevertheless , I do agree with everything you say in your post. 

Let's not forget Joy, the woman Bernadette fixed Leonard with due to the agreement between Leonard and Howard!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SRAM said:

That’s what bothers me too, Penny’s wants are more important than Leonard’s in their relationship.  Leonard goes to sport bars with her and hangs with her friends, even though he probably hates it but Penny can’t go to a convention with him because she doesn’t want to, etc..

I know you were backing my point but I haven’t seen her hang with her friends since season 3. I was more referring to things just between the two of them

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SRAM said:

That’s what bothers me too, Penny’s wants are more important than Leonard’s in their relationship

Probably because of the way Beverly raised him!

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:48 PM, Tribble said:

What's wrong with Raj?

He is a super freaking douche, IMO.

• Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

So Wyatt is actually COMING to Pasadena! Sorry for the quality! 
d.jpg.45ad26fdc64f4c5039f74ff56248504b.jpg

Might be a bit more involved in a Lenny discussion than we think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

So Wyatt is actually COMING to Pasadena! Sorry for the quality! 

d.jpg

This is one of the promotinal photos for episode 12.15 "The Donation Oscillation". They are up on CBS Press Express. (geo-blocked)

cbspressexpress.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4