The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

12 hours ago, luminous said:

Always like the way Kaley is intimate and close with Johnny.  Their friendship goes beyond TBBT.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Always like the way Kaley is intimate and close with Johnny.  Their friendship goes beyond TBBT.

Wonder how Karl feels about Kaley's ex playing with her leg?😄

• Like 1

18 hours ago, vonmar said:

From an interview with CBS Entertainment president Kelly Kahl at today's Television Critics Association CBS Day in LA.

The article is a discussion of the the future of comedy at CBS.  These two stood out for me....

How would you characterize the network's plans for The Big Bang Theory's series finale?

You're not going to not know it's coming! We will support it heavily and celebrate it. It's been 12 amazing years and hundreds of millions of viewers. It's been a special show for me and everybody at CBS. These kinds of shows don't come along that often. We want to give it the proper respect it deserves on its way into the sunset.

Any plans for an extended finale or retrospective of any sort?

We're still talking about those things.

Full article from the Hollywood reporter can be found HERE

@vonmar, this article you shared also had the interviewer asking about future spin-offs. When I read the response that Kahl gave, I got the feeling that nothing was brought to the table, but that CBS would certainly be interested if Chuck Lorre approached them. TV Line just published this article: https://tvline.com/2019/01/31/the-big-bang-theory-second-spinoff-cbs/?fbclid=IwAR0V0JVXP5SRmdReQ0qaTxIFwLSSwqrZS8E5RPRVECSt1FufgX_pRBGyLP4. It seems like they're trying to make a bigger production out of nothing. I can't really see any of the cast members doing an off-shoot, but that's not what TV Line wants its readers to believe.

Edited by Kev0821
typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

@vonmar, this article you shared also had the interviewer asking about future spin-offs. When I read the response that Kahl gave, I got the feeling that nothing was brought to the table, but that CBS would certainly be interested if Chuck Lorre approached them. TV Line just published this article: https://tvline.com/2019/01/31/the-big-bang-theory-second-spinoff-cbs/?fbclid=IwAR0V0JVXP5SRmdReQ0qaTxIFwLSSwqrZS8E5RPRVECSt1FufgX_pRBGyLP4. It seems like they're trying to make a bigger production out of nothing. I can't really see any of the cast members doing an off-shoot, but that's not what TV Line wants its readers to believe.

very interesting

1 hour ago, luminous said:

They've also been added to the official TBBT YouTube channel:

• Like 3

That doesn't look like refreshing care.

n_649.gif.18bf24b1d95c39e5b964ea7d0f74d24d.gif

With Penny, I don't want to be sick. 😉

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, luminous said:

:icon_cheesygrin:

"What's the official language of the Bahamas?"

kaley-ellenshow-bahamian.gif.6da763c662c0c46ccf5c88eb2c4dad36.gif

Source

Funny thing 1st husband was born in the Bahamas.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, veejay said:

So it's season 12 and writers suddenly forgot, how sweet and caring Penny actually is... ughhhhh :mda:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bfm said:

Now that you say it, that does seem shorter than what I think she usually wears, but I don't follow her that closely and I don't care enough about outfits to remember her previous outfits...

When she stands you can see it ends a bit above her knees and she's worn short dresses like this on many occasions. So nothing extraordinary. 

2 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

I know nothing about womens fashion but doesn't Kaleys dress look like a pj's

I didn't wanna say it but yes! hahaha

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShamyScience said:

Looks like Kaley lost a bet with her stylist. LOL

PJ's were a huge trend in the second half of 2018, celebs used to rock them as streetwear and on the red carpets. It's comfy and stylish at the same time. Idk, but I loved Kaley's outfit on the Ellen's show :girl_smile:

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

They'd have to get a bigger couch, like I've been saying Shamy should do for a couple of years now. But I think Jim in wonderful in interviews. He always does well on Ellen for some reason.

I found that an odd dress for Mayim considering how short it was an an odd choice for Kaley with that big pattern, but I thought they were ALL cute, even the guys.

The women were all dressed for a more formal event than the guys were.

1 hour ago, Kev0821 said:

I should have mentioned that the article @vonmar shared had this to say:

Have you talked at all about other spinoffs from Big Bang Theory?

If Chuck Lorre or one of his awesome producers want to come to us with a new idea, we are all ears.

I, like many here, am very protective of the show, so it bugs me when sites try to make a tiny nugget of information seem bigger. I guess they do it to attract more eyeballs, but it still annoys me.

8 minutes ago, luminous said:

I had something to say but now I totally lost my train of thought

24 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Yaaaay we'll even get a scene in the bedroom! I can't wait for 12x15!! 

I think  that's why it was removed

27 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Yaaaay we'll even get a scene in the bedroom! I can't wait for 12x15!! 

I see you posted it on the Lenny site.

Edited by Chrismo

3 minutes ago, luminous said:

It's not your fault but I liked the other picture better.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chucky said:

Wonder how Karl feels about Kaley's ex playing with her leg?😄

Think he is at a horse show this week so what he doesn't know won't worry him.  Besides he seems pretty secure about her situation with Johnny

1 hour ago, veejay said:

So true! She'll be all over Leonard to take care of her if she's sick!

• Like 1