Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

I found this rather humorous. As her first husband was from the Bahamas.

Things easily forgotten after a divorce!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2019 at 11:59 AM, SRAM said:

Makes you wonder what they talked about 😈.

Don't think they talked about much.  I don't believe he cared for her lifestyle as a Hollywood star and just wanted her to stay home.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Don't think they talked about much.  I don't believe he cared for her lifestyle as a Hollywood star and just wanted her to stay home.

I'm guessing that he also liked her salary.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I meant when they took the picture they had their arms interlocked and his hand was on her leg

And her arm was across Jim's lap. And Raj's arm was across JIm's shoulder. I'm willing to bet none of it meant a thing. They're just all jammed together on a couch.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

And her arm was across Jim's lap. And Raj's arm was across JIm's shoulder. I'm willing to bet none of it meant a thing. They're just all jammed together on a couch.

I know   It was just an observation

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

And her arm was across Jim's lap. And Raj's arm was across JIm's shoulder. I'm willing to bet none of it meant a thing. They're just all jammed together on a couch.

It only showed that they are close friends and extremely comfortable around and near each other!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Know what I find funny? The last non-wedding related milestones for characters were 4 or 5 years ago

If Season 8, Season 9, Season 10, or Season 11 were called the final season a lot of the bad episodes in those seasons would not have been so overlooked 

Season 12 is really no lamer by comparison, but if there's one thing I wish Jim had done it was say back in April 2018 that he was done after the 11.24 taping. He must've been on a high from how fun that was and didn't want to spoil the mood. (My personal theory is also that Hawking's passing acted to Jim as a sign from the universe that this stage of his life was kaput.) 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Run to India 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shelldon said:

Season 12 is really no lamer by comparison, but if there's one thing I wish Jim had done it was say back in April 2018 that he was done after the 11.24 taping. He must've been on a high from how fun that was and didn't want to spoil the mood. (My personal theory is also that Hawking's passing acted to Jim as a sign from the universe that this stage of his life was kaput.) 

He already signed a contract that he'd do S12. What you're suggesting is a serious breach of said contract. And no, you don't wanna end a show like this with bad blood just because you bailed in the middle of a 2-year production deal.

Secondly, Jim has said for a long time that he won't do this show forever and joking that nobody wants to see old Sheldon anyway so it was inevitable that at one point he wouldn't sign on for another season. I also think a much bigger factor than Hawkings's passing was that he's steadily build up his own production company and was seeking out his own projects. The summer play he did was probably the final nail in the coffin.

  • Like 6
  • Run to India 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That he was done after 11.24 as in S12 would be the final so that they'd have a whole summer to plan out final storyline scripts

Not Jim announcing in August after the first episode (which was a terrible season premiere)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

That he was done after 11.24 as in S12 would be the final so that they'd have a whole summer to plan out final storyline scripts

Not Jim announcing in August after the first episode (which was a terrible season premiere)

Your post wasn't clear on that.

And even then, it wouldn't have changed anything. Holland himself said they approached S12 as if it were the last. They had only written the first handful of episodes when the announcement was made. Not to mention that by their own admission they don't plan out anything long it advance anyway. So no matter how you cut it by now they had enough time to come up with better storylines BUT DIDN'T. The only thing that remotely feels like something is building up towards the finale is the Shamy story line with their fairytale Nobel and even that storyline started in S11. Everybody else is just treading water. Having an additional summer for that wouldn't have changed anything. Heck, they had years to find something interesting for Lenny and didn't come up with anything worthwhile so what makes you think one summer could magically change that???

  • Like 7
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shelldon said:

(...) Season 12 is really no lamer by comparison (...)

Hmm IDK, it might end up being the worse season for me. Not only does it really upset me in terms of what they did with my favorite characters, but it is also generally boring IMO and barely has any saving grace. The only episodes I can say I really enjoyed are the Halloween one and the paintball one. As much as season 10 upset me there was more that I enjoyed there and it was actually only the second half that upset me. Season 8 upset me in the end, before that it was mostly kinda boring but not as much as season 12 IMO. So 12 is a strong contender for worse TBBT season for me.

This is of course all JMO, I'm sure there are others who will disagree.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season 8 is still the biggest dumpster fire they've ever made

The worst of the Howard/Bernadette/Stuart situation/relying on mothering wife jokes

24 episodes of pure actual filler because they had a 2 season renewal for after locked in place

Emily, who yes, is worse than Anu in blandness (hard feat) and it seemed like they were going to make a new lead girl but then didn't. Replacing Lucy, someone that could actually have stories written for them, for this red-headed bore who was given an interest in spooky things at the last minute because???

I don't care if Lenny got screentime, their first wedding + boat kiss reveal were some of the most pathetically cheap ideas

The reason for Sheldon/Amy's break very poorly written/built up even if it was a necessary point in their story

Edited by Shelldon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, April said:

Your post wasn't clear on that.

And even then, it wouldn't have changed anything. Holland himself said they approached S12 as if it were the last. They had only written the first handful of episodes when the announcement was made. Not to mention that by their own admission they don't plan out anything long it advance anyway. So no matter how you cut it by now they had enough time to come up with better storylines BUT DIDN'T. The only thing that remotely feels like something is building up towards the finale is the Shamy story line with their fairytale Nobel and even that storyline started in S11. Everybody else is just treading water. Having an additional summer for that wouldn't have changed anything. Heck, they had years to find something interesting for Lenny and didn't come up with anything worthwhile so what makes you think one summer could magically change that???

That is a very accurate description of the sad state of TBBT!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

And her arm was across Jim's lap. And Raj's arm was across JIm's shoulder. I'm willing to bet none of it meant a thing. They're just all jammed together on a couch.

Seen the clips, I know nothing of their friendship or relationship dynamics but honestly, I don't believe they are that close as a cast these days. That's the vibe I was getting from it.

1 hour ago, Shelldon said:

The reason for Sheldon/Amy's break very poorly written/built up even if it was a necessary point in their story

 

Not sure I agree with that it was poorly written, certainly not when you compare it to the dross of this season.

  • Like 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shelldon said:

Know what I find funny? The last non-wedding related milestones for characters were 4 or 5 years ago

If Season 8, Season 9, Season 10, or Season 11 were called the final season a lot of the bad episodes in those seasons would not have been so overlooked 

Season 12 is really no lamer by comparison, but if there's one thing I wish Jim had done it was say back in April 2018 that he was done after the 11.24 taping. He must've been on a high from how fun that was and didn't want to spoil the mood. (My personal theory is also that Hawking's passing acted to Jim as a sign from the universe that this stage of his life was kaput.) 

Do you mean the whole series should have ended with the Shamy wedding? That would have been a grotesque insult not only to the long-term fans but to the actors who created the show from the first, apart from JP - I mean KC and JG in particular.

And the Shamy wedding wasn't necessarily a high for JP - maybe he got fed up with the lines he was being given for lovey-dovey Shamy.

  • Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Do you mean the whole series should have ended with the Shamy wedding? That would have been a grotesque insult not only to the long-term fans but to the actors who created the show from the first, apart from JP - I mean KC and JG in particular.

And the Shamy wedding wasn't necessarily a high for JP - maybe he got fed up with the lines he was being given for lovey-dovey Shamy.

The writers are trying to make normal, so he's not unique any more!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were discussing earlier whether Penny should be shown pregnant, or wanting a child, but what I really want to see is Lenny's communication problems resolved. Altho they are by far the most believable loving couple there still seems to be something constraining them from sharing their deepest feelings. I would like the main long story for the remaining eps be the Hofstadters going all the way emotionally. KC and JG are, I believe, capable of that depth of acting.

And, dear Sitcom Fairy, I wish the last ep of all should be Penny's birthday.

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:26 PM, Chrismo said:

Leonard didn’t donate

I know. I was simply answering Sah's post.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

We were discussing earlier whether Penny should be shown pregnant, or wanting a child, but what I really want to see is Lenny's communication problems resolved. Altho they are by far the most believable loving couple there still seems to be something constraining them from sharing their deepest feelings. I would like the main long story for the remaining eps be the Hofstadters going all the way emotionally. KC and JG are, I believe, capable of that depth of acting.

And, dear Sitcom Fairy, I wish the last ep of all should be Penny's birthday.

Love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shelldon said:

Season 8 is still the biggest dumpster fire they've ever made

The worst of the Howard/Bernadette/Stuart situation/relying on mothering wife jokes

24 episodes of pure actual filler because they had a 2 season renewal for after locked in place

Emily, who yes, is worse than Anu in blandness (hard feat) and it seemed like they were going to make a new lead girl but then didn't. Replacing Lucy, someone that could actually have stories written for them, for this red-headed bore who was given an interest in spooky things at the last minute because???

I don't care if Lenny got screentime, their first wedding + boat kiss reveal were some of the most pathetically cheap ideas

The reason for Sheldon/Amy's break very poorly written/built up even if it was a necessary point in their story

I TOTALLY agree with you especially about Emily.

It was definitely a whole year of filler, and the first wedding and boat kiss were a completely unsatisfying waste of time.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

the first wedding and boat kiss were a completely unsatisfying waste of time.

Especially these two and Emily!

Edited by chucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bfm said:

Hmm IDK, it might end up being the worse season for me. Not only does it really upset me in terms of what they did with my favorite characters, but it is also generally boring IMO and barely has any saving grace. The only episodes I can say I really enjoyed are the Halloween one and the paintball one. As much as season 10 upset me there was more that I enjoyed there and it was actually only the second half that upset me. Season 8 upset me in the end, before that it was mostly kinda boring but not as much as season 12 IMO. So 12 is a strong contender for worse TBBT season for me.

This is of course all JMO, I'm sure there are others who will disagree.

I wholeheartedly agree with what you say. IMO the show has turned to utter shit, and Jim has become my new hero for pulling the plug. I would have hoped that they would have ended the show on S8, because the last time I remember it being good was halfway through S7. Had that been the case they could have ramped up for the finale and wrapped up everything beautifully in 1 1/2 seasons but they chose to go from bad to worse. Ahhhh the allure of money...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I wholeheartedly agree with what you say. IMO the show has turned to utter shit, and Jim has become my new hero for pulling the plug. I would have hoped that they would have ended the show on S8, because the last time I remember it being good was halfway through S7. Had that been the case they could have ramped up for the finale and wrapped up everything beautifully in 1 1/2 seasons but they chose to go from bad to worse. Ahhhh the allure of money...

How I would like to disagree with you, but I'm only...

n_622.gif.cb1212951b98ab48e7b855c44b80ae52.gif

...sigh.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

We were discussing earlier whether Penny should be shown pregnant, or wanting a child, but what I really want to see is Lenny's communication problems resolved. Altho they are by far the most believable loving couple there still seems to be something constraining them from sharing their deepest feelings. I would like the main long story for the remaining eps be the Hofstadters going all the way emotionally. KC and JG are, I believe, capable of that depth of acting.

I totally agree. I am disappointed that up until now they haven't used the last season to show that kind of growth for Lenny, and especially Penny. Penny was always masking her feelings, taking distance when things get scary for her, putting on this cool girl front, acting angry when she's vulnerable. Instead of making strides like Sheldon does they actually have her regressing. They still have the chance to write a long awaited deep conversation between Leonard and Penny, one similar to the one in "The Tangible Affection Proof" or the one after the first wedding fiasco, but goes further. I think it would be so great if they do that, but I sure don't expect that.

Edited by bfm
typo
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.