Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

From The New York Post

How ‘Big Bang Theory’ snared ‘Star Trek’ legend William Shatner

“The Big Bang Theory” has finally landed William Shatner as a guest star — after trying several times to nab the elusive “ Star Trek ” icon.

Shatner, 87, will appear in the upcoming (Feb. 21) episode “The D&D Vortex” along with fellow celebs Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Joe Manganiello and Kevin Smith.

<full article in the link>

 

tv-big-bang-theory-shatner-1a.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I think the men all tolerate one another based on what they had in common when they were bachelors together with common interests in games,comic books and sci-fi. Bernadette and Amy needed a cool friend like Penny and Penny needed them as an entree into the men's world. They've had little choice but to tolerate Amy anyway since it was obvious Sheldon wasn't getting rid of her.

I think what you say about men is quite right. Groups based on a common interest tend to be totally accepting of anyone who shares that interest, regardless of personality or any other factors. Remember the ep where A got S to go on a "romantic" trip with B & H because it was on a heritage train (thru the Ca wine country). Sheldon's behaviour in going off with the train buff was generally regarded as bad behaviour, but I thought it was rather touching: the highly intelligent physicist bonding with the brain-damaged guy thru a shared love of trains. That, incidentally, is why A's loneliness before she met the group is unrealistic: she could surely have found a group of Chaucer enthusiasts where her ability to recite The Miller's Tale in the original would have guaranteed she'd be welcome regardless of anything else about her.

I don't agree with the second part, about the women. In fact P & B were friends (thru the CF) before A showed up. Penny was already friends with the men before she met either B or A. And I really disliked the assumption that P & B had to accept A simply and solely because her (sort of) SO was a friend of their SOs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

I think what you say about men is quite right. Groups based on a common interest tend to be totally accepting of anyone who shares that interest, regardless of personality or any other factors. Remember the ep where A got S to go on a "romantic" trip with B & H because it was on a heritage train (thru the Ca wine country). Sheldon's behaviour in going off with the train buff was generally regarded as bad behaviour, but I thought it was rather touching: the highly intelligent physicist bonding with the brain-damaged guy thru a shared love of trains. That, incidentally, is why A's loneliness before she met the group is unrealistic: she could surely have found a group of Chaucer enthusiasts where her ability to recite The Miller's Tale in the original would have guaranteed she'd be welcome regardless of anything else about her.

I don't agree with the second part, about the women. In fact P & B were friends (thru the CF) before A showed up. Penny was already friends with the men before she met either B or A. And I really disliked the assumption that P & B had to accept A simply and solely because her (sort of) SO was a friend of their SOs.

I think Penny's kindness had a lot to do with accepting Amy at first. I never quite bought the idea that Amy was lonely before, either. I think you're right about that. To me, it's more that she didn't want to put the effort into making friends before knowing Sheldon and gategrashing girls' night.  After that, she liked what she saw of the girls' world.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'll have to look for that. I've never thought she was an exceptional actress or been overly impressed by her in anything. Maybe The Flight Attendant will change my mind. We'll see.

That's your opinion and it's definitely different than mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been putting up the ratings this year.  Several factors have come together to keep me from doing it.  But, I have some info for the year so far. 

Here are all the scripted series shows, on each network.  You'll note that there are only two series that are above a 2.0.  This is Us at 2.170 and TBBT at 2.290.   You know CBS wanted to continue TBBT.   Almost two thirds of CBS' shows are below a 1.0.  CBS has a 1.011 average for all it's shows.  If you take out TBBT from their schedule, the average for CBS drops to a 0.950.  I can see the rest of Thursday night dropping a bit, without a TBBT lead in, so it's possible CBS may be closer to a 0.9 next year.  

The CBS table offers reasoning as to why Mom got a two season pickup.   When TBBT leaves next year, Mom becomes the number 2 comedy on CBS.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, luminous said:

Promotional photos for episode 12.16 "The D&D Vortex" are up on CBS Press Express. (geo-blocked)

114462_0872b.jpg

cbspressexpress.com

I wonder why all three of them are at Professor Proton's lab ? Or has Wil got a job in a kitchen ?

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I wonder why all three of them are at Professor Proton's lab ? Or has Wil got a job in a kitchen ?

 

He seems to have what looks like the PP lab coat on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per Kaleys insta stories the cast did another flashmob after the taping tonite

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who know Nicole and Roxanne, they both got a picture of themselves, sitting on the couch.  Photo cred for the picture was by Johnny Galecki.  And another with Johnny. 

Unless posted by either Nicole or Roxanne, images from their IG accounts will be removed, so please don't link.  Do feel free to visit Nicole's IG account.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RoRo said:

Per Kaleys insta stories the cast did another flashmob after the taping tonite

"...this was some kind of a homage and a thank you to the BB fans for 12 years of love and devotion and support."

...quote was taken from Kaley of this Insta stories.

There are some more stories from Alex A. on Instagram. 😉

Alex

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

He seems to have what looks like the PP lab coat on.

Yup. In another picture ( not allowed to say where I saw it ) Prof P. is looking at the camera with Shamy. He and Sheldon look glum but Amy has her pleased 'I've-just-given-you-an-interesting-fact' look on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lucky people who went to taping yesterday!

I was always hoping to catch something like that .... never even close!

  • Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, vonmar said:

From The New York Post

How ‘Big Bang Theory’ snared ‘Star Trek’ legend William Shatner

“The Big Bang Theory” has finally landed William Shatner as a guest star — after trying several times to nab the elusive “ Star Trek ” icon.

Shatner, 87, will appear in the upcoming (Feb. 21) episode “The D&D Vortex” along with fellow celebs Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Joe Manganiello and Kevin Smith.

<full article in the link>

 

tv-big-bang-theory-shatner-1a.jpg

CHEAT TWEET: Who will get the 1 open seat at the table with @WilliamShatner @JoeManganiello @Kaj33 @ThatKevin Smith for the celebrity Dungeons & Dragons game that @WilWheaton hosts? @BigBangTheory Thursday 2/21 8pm #CBS http://bit.ly/2D2D50q (from the press release)

It looks like Leonard's got the exclusive spot among the famous 'knitting club'. 🙂

114459_0478b_FULL.thumb.jpg.1aeeead530c3cb343115620f7715c576.jpg

Source

Edited by veejay
'Quote from Johnny's Instagram'
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, veejay said:

CHEAT TWEET: Who will get the 1 open seat at the table with @WilliamShatner @JoeManganiello @Kaj33 @ThatKevin Smith for the celebrity Dungeons & Dragons game that @WilWheaton hosts? @BigBangTheory Thursday 2/21 8pm #CBS http://bit.ly/2D2D50q (from the press release)

It looks like Leonard's got the exclusive spot among the famous 'knitting club'. 🙂

114459_0478b_FULL.thumb.jpg.1aeeead530c3cb343115620f7715c576.jpg

Source

Appears to be Leonard's spot. What an all star cast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

I don't agree with the second part, about the women. In fact P & B were friends (thru the CF) before A showed up. Penny was already friends with the men before she met either B or A. And I really disliked the assumption that P & B had to accept A simply and solely because her (sort of) SO was a friend of their SOs.

I was not of the impression Penny and Bernadette were great pals.  Penny thought Howard was pretty icky. If they'd been that close, she would NOT have set B up with Howard to honor Leonard's promise to Howard.  They were cordial co-workers.   

The show has benefited from Penny's having some female colleagues to interact with.  It's strengthened her as a character.

Edited by Capt. Hilts
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The full flash mob from last night. (7 videos)
 

 

 

Edited by luminous
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tensor     ....Penny is an amazing saleswoman....  ...told you! 😉

thankyou.gif.3c5d7a041875adb510df98fc058c1214.gif

 

Edited by veejay
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.