[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, chucky said:

I don't think so. Ii'd be a story about Leonard and Penny. The rest of the cast could make guests or cameo appearances, but wouldn't be needed in every episode like they do in TBBT. Sheldon wouldn't need to be there, he could just be mentioned. Stuart and Denise definitely are not needed. I would absolutely watch a Lenny spinoff!

I lean toward not watching that, but if they do Stuart, Denise and the comic book shop being there might make me at least check it out. I still think though if Jim hadn't pulled the plug Johnny might have.

• Like 1

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, chucky said:

I don't think so. Ii'd be a story about Leonard and Penny. The rest of the cast could make guests or cameo appearances, but wouldn't be needed in every episode like they do in TBBT. Sheldon wouldn't need to be there, he could just be mentioned. Stuart and Denise definitely are not needed. I would absolutely watch a Lenny spinoff!

Agreed! I'd love to watch a family spin-off with Lenny, Zack, Marissa and a bunch of kids :girl_smile:

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I lean toward not watching that, but if they do Stuart, Denise and the comic book shop being there might make me at least check it out. I still think though if Jim hadn't pulled the plug Johnny might have.

Johnny, from what I've read, had to be talked into the last extention. So he may have pulled the plug.

• Like 4

I think it’s beyond believability that if Leonard still worked at Cal Tech that Lenny wouldn’t see all the other characters. All the characters on TBBT are too involved in each other’s lives. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think it’s beyond believability that if Leonard still worked at Cal Tech that Lenny wouldn’t see all the other characters. All the characters on TBBT are too involved in each other’s lives. 

I'd like to see a Lenny spinoff, but only if they move to a new and different place with a somewhat new way of life to get used to. And above all no more Shamy in the show.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, chucky said:

Johnny, from what I've read, had to be talked into the last extention. So he may have pulled the plug.

Johnny has enjoyed doing the show and enjoys the friends he made there. But even if you like a friend a lot, you don't have to do everything they might want you to do if you have other plans of your own. I think he does have other plans.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Johnny has enjoyed doing the show and enjoys the friends he made there. But even if you like a friend a lot, you don't have to do everything they might want you to do if you have other plans of your own. I think he does have other plans.

I'm thinking he is secretly thanking Jim since now he doesn't have to do it!

21 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think that it's believable. The other characters could be mentioned and maybe make guest appearances from time to time. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

I'd like to see a Lenny spinoff, but only if they move to a new and different place with a somewhat new way of life to get used to. And above all no more Shamy in the show.

This, They are great characters but the show is going out on top.  Just bringing it back with minor changes (just minus Sheldon) is obviously not happening .  A new show would need a whole different feel - and It won’t happen  next season for sure.  

10 minutes ago, chucky said:

I'm thinking he is secretly thanking Jim since now he doesn't have to do it!

I sort of agree.  I doubt he wanted to be the one to do it (who would) and therefore might not have done it,  

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Fraiser worked because Cheers was just a small part of his life. The Joey show could of worked since he was the only one single but didn’t. Also how is TBBT ending is important although I’m not sure it matters. Are you going to have a couple who’s childless or with a little kid. If they move away what are they going to be doing. I’m a Lenny fans but a spin-off doesn’t interest me.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 2:16 AM, djsurrey said:

Truth be told she just fell into her sales job. Not much of a story in that.

That is true but she worked her way into a successful position

1 hour ago, chucky said:

Yes  That could have been true but I get the feeling that if Kaley wanted to do a spin-off he would be on board

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

If they do create a Lenny spin-off I would think it would be a whole new set of circumstances with a time jump to the future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Yes  That could have been true but I get the feeling that if Kaley wanted to do a spin-off he would be on board

I'm sorry but I don't. They are friends, yes, but I don't think he'd put his own plans for the future on hold anymore for a friend, no matter how good a friend, and I just get the feeling he is making his own plans for what to do next. They are not each other's reason for living their lives and running their careers. As has been pointed out he had to be talked into resigning the last time.  I think he knows it's time to move on.

• Like 3

I don’t think Kaley really wants to go on. She also said she would stay for another 20 years but I take that with a grain of salt.I believe she is sad the show is ending but she will move on. Someone suggested a time jump in a spin-off. Going to make them older. The show should of ended at least 2 years. Let’s let the show end with at least a little dignity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

I don’t think Kaley really wants to go on. She also said she would stay for another 20 years but I take that with a grain of salt.I believe she is sad the show is ending but she will move on. Someone suggested a time jump in a spin-off. Going to make them older. The show should of ended at least 2 years. Let’s let the show end with at least a little dignity.

I tend to agree and disagree.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

If they do create a Lenny spin-off I would think it would be a whole new set of circumstances with a time jump to the future.

It does not sound very likely to me that there would be a Lenny spin-off of any sort. Most spin-offs I recall center on minor or supporting characters getting their own show.  The ones that come to mind are  Laverne and Shirley, Mork and Mindy, Rhoda, The Ropers and also Frasier. It might be too risky to take the main stars and pay them in a new spin-off.

• Like 4

Maybe the Lenny spinoff could just be flashbacks to all the off camera scenes they had from Season 8 onwards. We could watch all the conversations that resolved all the issues we never saw (..”and then Shamy barged in and we had to talk later”), all the fun things they did together we heard about but never saw so the Sheldon Show could blossom. It could be called The Untold Lenny![emoji12] ( insert sarcasm sign here).

In reality I agree with dj and Chrismo, spinoffs are for the fifth wheels of a show or recurring characters( Raj, Stuart, Kripke, Bert, Wil Wheaton) not the main characters. We didn’t get Hawkeye in Crabapple Cove ( although there was a book - after the movie not the TV show), A Little Ditty about Sam and Diane, or Captain Cunningham & Sergeant Fonz. Their stories were told in the main show. Instead we got AfterMASH, Frasier and Joanie Loves Chachi, proving that there are more failed spinoffs than successes.( Frasier was an outlier that matched its parent show and could have been the same success as a different character with no connection to Cheers at all. Other than a few Diane appearances it really didn’t connect with Cheers and the radio show host was a new story to his role in Cheers).

I don’t want a bad spin off to trash their legacy as one of the reasons BBT was the most popular sitcom of its era. Be content with syndication and DVD sets/downloads letting you reminisce.

• Like 4

Yes, but I think once is enough. I really do. We'll see. I could be wrong. But I think Johnny agrees with Jim that it's time to move on.
Agreed. I also dont think Johnny would have signed for an extension after the current deal runs out even if Kaley pushed for it again. I guess Jim made the decision for both of them.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

@RJ1013, did you see "The D & D Vortex" at this past Tuesday's taping? If so, could you share any scoop on the episode? Leonard is shown at Wil's house, but do any of the other guys get in/meet the celebrity guests? What are the girls up to?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

In reality I agree with dj and Chrismo, spinoffs are for the fifth wheels of a show or recurring characters,  not the main characters. Their stories were told in the main show.

Well, since season 8...  😛

• Like 2

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic