Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, vonmar said:

TBBT at 8 pm - most watched scripted show of the night (4.12 million viewers)

TBBT at 9 om - 2nd most watched scripted show of the night (3.56 million viewers)

YS at 8:30 pm - 3rd most watched scripted show of the night (3.41 million viewers)

YS at 9:30 om - 4th most watched scripted show of the night (3.03 million viewers)

Additionally to this Variety has reported that the Feb. 7 episode "Donation Oscillation" had a Live + 7 rating of 18.853. This plus the Live+7 rating of 18.010 for the "Propagation Proposition" episode would make the Lenny featured episodes the highest rated for the season thus far. This certainly shows the viewers choice

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Looks like the nomination is official tonight.

Finally, Shamy will get their much deserved nomination.

Guess we know what the main plot of the finale (or pre-finale) episode will be about.
My guess is that the other two scientist (played by Kal and Sean) screw up somewhere, and will be kicked off the nomination.

  • Like 2
  • Run to India 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tribble said:

Finally, Shamy will get their much deserved nomination.

Guess we know what the main plot of the finale (or pre-finale) episode will be about.
My guess is that the other two scientist (played by Kal and Sean) screw up somewhere, and will be kicked off the nomination.

I am excited to see what happens, I am betting that they do get a nomination this episode. I also enjoy watching  Joshua Molina so this will be another reason to look forward to this episode. I wonder if this will be the last time he makes an appearance for the show. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tribble said:

Finally, Shamy will get their much deserved nomination.

Much deserved?  The for a show that has spent it's entire run being proud of accurate science, the so-called super-asymmetry is not science.  

Quote

My guess is that the other two scientist (played by Kal and Sean) screw up somewhere, and will be kicked off the nomination.

The only screw up that could affect their eligibility for the Nobel, would be if  their results are invalid (something like the Chinese team that verified his previous super heavy isotope idea, by faking results).  The down side for that, would be it would leave super-asymmetry without any experimental proof, and thus not eligible for a Nobel.  

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Much deserved?  The for a show that has spent it's entire run being proud of accurate science, the so-called super-asymmetry is not science.  

  

 

Dumb luck =well deserved. Do you think the audience is smart enough to know if science is science?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sah said:

I am excited to see what happens, I am betting that they do get a nomination this episode. I also enjoy watching  Joshua Molina so this will be another reason to look forward to this episode. I wonder if this will be the last time he makes an appearance for the show. 

To be honest, I wouldn't put a weary Penny on this inanity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Tensor said:

No, can't blame Shamy for this, claiming science that is incorrect  isn't the character's fault.

IIRC they asked Dr. Saltzberg (spelling?) to come up with something do you gotta blame him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, April said:

IIRC they asked Dr. Saltzberg (spelling?) to come up with something do you gotta blame him.

Oh, I do.  The entire raison d'être for having super-asymmetry is that there were no papers against it.  Of course there were none for it either, and there is a very good reason for that, having to do with conservation laws.    Kaons may be the way forward (as there may, note I said may), be a reason for their decay rates to be different, and their decay paths to be different.  Although according to the CKM Matrix, those asymmetries are predicted so no asymmetry is needed.   It's also worth noting that asymmetry in Kaon decay  has already been awarded Nobel prizes in 1964 and 1980.  If you wish to know more, check out the following links for  eigenstates, eigenvalues, or eigenvectors or linear algebra and tensors.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Oh, I do.  The entire raison d'être for having super-asymmetry is that there were no papers against it.  Of course there were none for it either, and there is a very good reason for that, having to do with conservation laws.    Kaons may be the way forward (as there may, note I said may), be a reason for their decay rates to be different, and their decay paths to be different.  Although according to the CKM Matrix, those asymmetries are predicted so no asymmetry is needed.   It's also worth noting that asymmetry in Kaon decay  has already been awarded Nobel prizes in 1964 and 1980.  If you wish to know more, check out the following links for  eigenstates, eigenvalues, or eigenvectors or linear algebra and tensors.  

I haven't even finished my morning coffee so no, I'm not interested.

I was just pointing out where the idea came from in the first place cause ever since this plot came up I've seen people accuse the writers to make it all up without their physics consultant even though he's the one who came up with that in the first place. So there.

  • Run to India 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.