[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Tensor

I don't mind if Penny gets pregnant or not, however, her objections to having a child don't appear anywhere near as strong as those from Bernadette before she had two.

Could Sheldons grand mother make an appearance in the finale? I was very surprised there was no mention of meemaw at his wedding.

Will Chuck Lorre be seen as he was in the finale of Two & A Half men?

Maybe the plot will include a reason why the show has to end, like what happened in Seinfeld with the main cast going to prison. Something involving the military project or perhaps relocation to Mars?

or time travel - they invent a way to go to the future but cant get back

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RedV1 said:

Could Sheldons grand mother make an appearance in the finale? I was very surprised there was no mention of meemaw at his wedding.

Meemaw sent a recording because she was feeling too frail to travel to the wedding. It's on the CBS website and is not geo-blocked. You can also see some more wedding photos there, plus the scene where they get Stephen Hawking's wedding present.

• Thanks 1

You're a wealth of information joyceraye. I did not know that. I'll check it out now. I knew about the Hawking scene not making the final cut but not about Meemaw. Sounds like the wedding itself could have been a double episode.

• Like 1

I'm talking about a television program not real life. If it was real life i would agree with you

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I’m aware you’re talking about a TV Show. Doesn’t change my opinion on the concept of “deserves”. Your opinion differs. That’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

In case anyone was wondering, several posts were hidden, due to being from a sock puppet of a previously banned user.  

In case anyone else didn't know that term...

A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term, a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock, originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an Internet community who spoke to, or about, themselves while pretending to be another person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Would it be a surprise if the show ended on a cliffhanger or with some unanswered question. And the winner of the Nobel Prize is....

There have been a number of times Sheldon has expressed his anger with how his favorite shows have ended.

Will the ending give us all something to complain about?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, vonmar said:

I don't think that it will be ever dropped here.  But I have to wonder, how much of the regular viewing audience do you think harks back to that line from Season One, Episode One and cares?  How many care about that line as opposed to caring about TBBT showcasing a couple in 2019 who may be on a path to being childless?

I do not think the majority of non forum type fans, average fans who just watch for entertainment, care either way.

9 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Does that mean their story ends because they are happily married?  If that were the case they could have been written out after season 8 or 9

Sigh. NO. It does not mean that, but not all fans watched for it to turn into a relationship show about marriage and kids. It's a situation comedy with a funny ensemble cast. As long as it had plots that were funny and involved at least several characters it could succeed, no matter what the plots specifically were. The relationship eps were certainly never my favorite ones. The ensemble eps were, with either all of them or guys and girls. Which is why I still think the best season was season six. Do I think they could have gone on this long without some relationship plots. I don't.  But I never wanted that to be the focus of the show. And marriage and kids has definitely dragged down Howardette a bit in my view, although not having to see the kids helped a bit, although it's getting kind of ridiculous now.

7 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

If Sheldon does not deserve the Nobel Prize, then why is he getting it? Anyone an see it is undeserved. Based on the so called theory they have found. 

I'm not 100% sure that he does get it by the end of the show. They've certainly left themselves some leeway. The other team could get it or neither of them could, leaving them all to continue on with their work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedV1 said:

That scene got cut. But it's not hard to find.

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

Same with the Nobel Prize.

Agreed, which is why I'm not sure it will happen. See the post I made that got merged into other post.

15 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Same with the Nobel Prize.

I totally agree.  The average fan wants a funny episode and their thoughts  about the finale are likely linked only to getting the elevator fixed.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MsGreentea said:

I totally agree.  The average fan wants a funny episode and their thoughts  about the finale are likely linked only to getting the elevator fixed.

So true!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sah said:

Someone I am sure will be unhappy and complain about something...

Lots of people care about what happens to Shamy in the finale...

sure, but I thought that is sort of known story ... several kids and living happily everafter, as much as possible with sheldon 😁

42 minutes ago, margarete said:

sure, but I thought that is sort of known story ... several kids and living happily everafter, as much as possible with sheldon 😁

They seem to be very happy together, have lots on common and want the same things out life. Sounds pretty good to me. I only see good things for them. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

The same could be said about Lenny, or any other character.

I think the three couples matter. If Raj doesn’t end up with Anu its not like fans have a lot invested in them. Same goes with Stuart and Denise. If things work out great if not no big deal. I think what’s important now to TPTB is that the finale has to be satisfying to all viewers so they will watch in syndication. People remember how shows end not necessarily the long trip it took to get there.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

If Sheldon does not deserve the Nobel Prize, then why is he getting it? Anyone an see it is undeserved. Based on the so called theory they have found. 

I would love to see Leonard make a Nobel Prize winning discovery that puts the possibility of supersymmetry back on the table, discrediting Amy and Sheldon's super asymmetry, then see Sheldon admitting Leonard is smarter. Even goes as far to say Sheldon grows up and actually congratulates Leonard for winning the Nobel Prize.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sah said:

Someone I am sure will be unhappy and complain about something...

Yep. They should just have go for a last great ensemble episode. Any mention of kids and nobel crap in the background and say goodbye in a comedic way.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, veejay said:

Yep. They should just have go for a last great ensemble episode. Any mention of kids and nobel crap in the background and say goodbye in a comedic way.

Just have the Fermilab guys get the nomination. That’s not too hard is it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Just have the Fermilab guys get the nomination. That’s not too hard is it?

Seriously, I don't give a damn.

Oops, sorry. I guess I'm in a bad mood. 🙄

g_218.gif.1f5b7c3283326503c4ed6a265b30c9fd.gif

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, veejay said:

Seriously, I don't give a damn.

Oops, sorry. I guess I'm in a bad mood. 🙄

g_218.gif.1f5b7c3283326503c4ed6a265b30c9fd.gif

I don't care either. I just hate the way he struts around whenever he gets his way. At least if the guys from Fermilab wins, that will tick of the condescending jerk and make me happy.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, margarete said:

something else, I have a strong feeling everyone from the cast moaning and being sad TBBT is coming to the end is sort of (un)concious side blow to jim parsons. just my feeling!

I think he is probably sad too, but realizes it was the right thing to do in the end.

4 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I think what’s important now to TPTB is that the finale has to be satisfying to all viewers so they will watch in syndication. People remember how shows end not necessarily the long trip it took to get there.

It will NEVER be satisfying to all viewers. Nothing ever is. That is totally unrealistic as I see it. As for syndication, my prediction is that it will be watched years from now by people who didn't even watch it the last 12 years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I think the closest show to TBBT is Friends( I get some people hate it). The only mystery left in Friends was Ross and Rachel. The only mystery will be Lenny. There isn’t any mystery left with the other two couples and while people are interested in Raj right now ultimately in the end if it doesn’t work fans will be fine with that.

I think what you said here is very insightful. People want to see a happy ending, especially with Leonard after everything he's gone through and put up with.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Chrismo said:

The only mystery will be Lenny. There isn’t any mystery left with the other two couples and while people are interested in Raj right now ultimately in the end if it doesn’t work fans will be fine with that.

That is spot on perfect reasoning!

• Like 1

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic