Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

The only other men we ever saw who were on Amy's intellectual level were Bert whom she didn't want, Dave

Nah, neither of these guys appealed to her on an intellectual level. Bert's schtick are punny rock jokes and Dave, bless his heart, was portrayed as a bit dense.

3 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

And she (Amy) should know how important it is to her husband to win a Nobel.

She does. She told him. JC did everybody skip the episode or what??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, April said:

Nah, neither of these guys appealed to her on an intellectual level. Bert's schtick are punny rock jokes and Dave, bless his heart, was portrayed as a bit dense.

 I meant men who were as intelligent - or perhaps nearly as intelligent - as herself, demonstrated by the fact that they had doctorates, not that they necessarily appealed to her. I can't imagine creepy Kripke appealing to anybody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

 I meant men who were as intelligent - or perhaps nearly as intelligent - as herself, demonstrated by the fact that they had doctorates, not that they necessarily appealed to her. I can't imagine creepy Kripke appealing to anybody.

Well, I don't think they're on her level either but point taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

She wants a man and possibly only Sheldon would want her long-term.

She has slowly changed over the years! Now to redo her fashion sense. 😏

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The story required Sheldon to kind of choose and have that moment as a viewer when you might question whether he would take the nomination without her.  Personally, I never thought he would, it was pretty obvious he was going to say without her he wouldn't be in the conversation for a nomination and rightly so he made the correct decision on a human level to turn it down.

My issue honestly if this was true to character is seeing Amy give up the nomination so easily considering the time and effort she put into the project and how earlier in the season she lost her other projects in an attempt to get her focused solely on this one not only for Sheldon but also the University.

It was a selfless act willing to give it up, but Amy is a scientist as well and a nomination is a big deal. I'm honestly not sure Amy should have been so willing to step aside considering how the story has actually played out i.e. Losing her other projects specifically.

Anyway, if they get the nomination or not, or if they get the nomination but never get the Nobel I don't really care as long as they are happy at the end of it. The project has been very underwhelming for me as a Shamy fan, all I care about is their happiness going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d far rather seen them have a baby than a Nobel nomination. I think seeing Sheldon as a dad would have been funny, as well as touching 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jonny said:

The story required Sheldon to kind of choose and have that moment as a viewer when you might question whether he would take the nomination without her.  Personally, I never thought he would, it was pretty obvious he was going to say without her he wouldn't be in the conversation for a nomination and rightly so he made the correct decision on a human level to turn it down.

My issue honestly if this was true to character is seeing Amy give up the nomination so easily considering the time and effort she put into the project and how earlier in the season she lost her other projects in an attempt to get her focused solely on this one not only for Sheldon but also the University.

It was a selfless act willing to give it up, but Amy is a scientist as well and a nomination is a big deal. I'm honestly not sure Amy should have been so willing to step aside considering how the story has actually played out i.e. Losing her other projects specifically.

Anyway, if they get the nomination or not, or if they get the nomination but never get the Nobel I don't really care as long as they are happy at the end of it. The project has been very underwhelming for me as a Shamy fan, all I care about is their happiness going forward.

The crux of the story was that Amy would give up the Nobel* for Sheldon and Sheldon would give up the Nobel* for Amy. (*the nomination anyway)

  • Like 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, April said:

The crux of the story was that Amy would give up the Nobel* for Sheldon and Sheldon would give up the Nobel* for Amy. (*the nomination anyway)

Yeah I know that.

To sum it up I'm not a fan of Amy losing her work and then possibly willing to give everything up. That decision in 12.5 basically caused me to lose complete interest in this particular storyline. Wasn't a fan at all of their creative decision personally.

Edited by Jonny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Yeah I know that.

To sum it up I'm not a fan of Amy losing her work and then possibly willing to giving it all up. That decision in 12.5 basically caused me to lose interest in this storyline. Wasn't a fan at all of their creative decision personally.

Gotcha. I would have wanted for Amy to get her project back immediately. Not sure why that episode didn't end with Amy kicking that other dude out of her lab.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, April said:

Gotcha. I would have wanted for Amy to get her project back immediately. Not sure why that episode didn't end with Amy kicking that other dude out of her lab.

An end scene of Amy releasing some monkeys to chase the guy out of the lab would have been fun, but alas lol

Edited by Jonny
Grammar bad, out of the posting routine.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

9 hours ago, Sah said:

Amy IS the most important thing to him now. He knows how much she contribute to their project and has requested her name be on the nomination as well. As it should be. He was upset with the possibility of her not being on the nomination form. He should not be expected to give up his professional dream of winning a Nobel. 

 

I must of missed the part of her actually being on the nomination. Of course she should be. It hadn’t reach the possibility that he may have to choose. But again I’m not seeing her as more important than the Nobel if he is willing to be nominated without her. Him requesting her to be nominated isn’t a grand gesture 

7 hours ago, April said:

We just had an episode where Sheldon was willing to give up the Nobel Nomination if Siebert wasn't willing to put Amy on it. Faced with the decision between Amy and a (possible) Nobel he chose Amy.

It’s all talk though. I want to see if the final decision if he is forced to choose. This story isn’t over.  

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

 

I must of missed the part of her actually being on the nomination. Of course she should be. It hadn’t reach the possibility that he may have to choose. But again I’m not seeing her as more important than the Nobel if he is willing to be nominated without her. Him requesting her to be nominated isn’t a grand gesture 

It’s all talk though. I want to see if the final decision if he is forced to choose. This story isn’t over.  

Let's see if he will let his actions back up his mouth!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jonny said:

The story required Sheldon to kind of choose and have that moment as a viewer when you might question whether he would take the nomination without her.  Personally, I never thought he would, it was pretty obvious he was going to say without her he wouldn't be in the conversation for a nomination and rightly so he made the correct decision on a human level to turn it down.

My issue honestly if this was true to character is seeing Amy give up the nomination so easily considering the time and effort she put into the project and how earlier in the season she lost her other projects in an attempt to get her focused solely on this one not only for Sheldon but also the University.

It was a selfless act willing to give it up, but Amy is a scientist as well and a nomination is a big deal. I'm honestly not sure Amy should have been so willing to step aside considering how the story has actually played out i.e. Losing her other projects specifically.

Anyway, if they get the nomination or not, or if they get the nomination but never get the Nobel I don't really care as long as they are happy at the end of it. The project has been very underwhelming for me as a Shamy fan, all I care about is their happiness going forward.

I think the major issue with this story arc is that just as the Penny baby situation and Raj & Anu's courtship is that it is rushed because this is it.  I suppose you can argue that TPTB were dealt an end date before they thought they would have to tie things up, but you can also say "shame on them" for not having a little bit of foresight.  A little bit arrogant on their part to have three major story lines like this shoe-horned into a final season where you still want to have a few filler-episodes that don't advance anything....

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

I think the major issue with this story arc is that just as the Penny baby situation and Raj & Anu's courtship is that it is rushed because this is it.  I suppose you can argue that TPTB were dealt an end date before they thought they would have to tie things up, but you can also say "shame on them" for not having a little bit of foresight.  A little bit arrogant on their part to have three major story lines like this shoe-horned into a final season where you still want to have a few filler-episodes that don't advance anything....

This show has such a weird pacing in general. Sometimes they drag things out foreverrrr and then someone accidentally steps on the gas pedal like

SBspeed.gif.6f7cd9324183035725f418ab71c9f8e9.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Why are Howard and Bernadette Kids at daycare if both of  them are at home?

We're talking about Howard now. If there were a 24 hour day care service, Bernadette would probably use them while she's out of town!  😂

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Why are Howard and Bernadette Kids at daycare if both of  them are at home? 

Bernadette: THEY'RE UPSTAIRS!!

lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From deadline.com

Big Bang Theory’ Will Say Goodbye With WonderCon Panel

Quote

A special Big Bang panel is planned for the Arena at the Anaheim Convention Center on March 30, the final day of the Orange County pop-culture expo. WonderCon, a one-time Bay Area fixture, is put on by the organizers who also stage Comic-Con International in San Diego every July.

The synopsis from Warner Bros: “Join The Big Bang Theory writers as they take you behind-the-scenes of TVs #1 comedy one final time before the series signs off in May. From huge guest stars to the final goodbye, find out what it takes to bring this show from a theory to the longest running multi-camera comedy in television history. Join the show’s executive producers and writers as they take you inside the writers’ room for a lively discussion and special video presentation. From Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc., in association with Warner Bros. Television, The Big Bang Theory airs Thursdays at 8/7c on CBS.”

full article: https://deadline.com/2019/03/big-bang-theory-will-say-goodbye-with-wondercon-panel-1202571524/

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.