Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, April said:

Well, I don't think they're on her level either but point taken.

I've edited the punctuation in my post to make it clearer. I see what you mean. She's possibly cleverer even than Sheldon. That's quite a small pool to fish in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beverly was forced in very unnaturally, and no real new light was shined on her dynamic with Leonard, I have to hope she isn't in next 7 just so there was a point to that that can still be scrimmaged

Experimenting with babies plot would've been a good time to show the actual babies, even if only once, still the dumbest sitcom rule and since they couldn't show any real experiments the plot had to turn to Sheldon being implied as Amy's baby-minded husband again....because???? Her concoction made no sense with how Sheldon currently feels about children

Cheering for that rival company guy at the convention to run Penny/Bernadette's company out of business, or at least all those workers at beginning to go on strike

See everyone April 4th, I advise everyone to take a peek at the climactic episodes of You're The Worst since those are going on until April 3rd

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shelldon said:

Beverly was forced in very unnaturally, and no real new light was shined on her dynamic with Leonard, I have to hope she isn't in next 7 just so there was a point to that that can still be scrimmaged

Experimenting with babies plot would've been a good time to show the actual babies, even if only once, still the dumbest sitcom rule and since they couldn't show any real experiments the plot had to turn to Sheldon being implied as Amy's baby-minded husband again....because???? Her concoction made no sense with how Sheldon currently feels about children

Cheering for that rival company guy at the convention to run Penny/Bernadette's company out of business, or at least all those workers at beginning to go on strike

See everyone April 4th, I advise everyone to take a peek at the climactic episodes of You're The Worst since those are going on until April 3rd

I agree with this. The only thing I could think of is that she is ready for kids now and was trying to speed things along...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sah said:

I agree with this. The only thing I could think of is that she is ready for kids now and was trying to speed things along...

I n the long run, all Amy proved was that Sheldon loves to "experiment" on or with kids! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sah said:

I agree with this. The only thing I could think of is that she is ready for kids now and was trying to speed things along...

I’ve always thought that he’s seemed a lot more keen on the idea of having kids than she does. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Figaro said:

I’ve always thought that he’s seemed a lot more keen on the idea of having kids than she does. 

But the question is why does want kids? Is it like with Beverly, to use them for experiments? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chucky said:

But the question is why does want kids? Is it like with Beverly, to use them for experiments? 

I think part of him wants to experiment on his kids but the other part wants them because he wants kids with Amy. I think he would probably fall in love with his child instantly and then be a totally hands on, loving parent. He’s mentioned many a time that he found it hard growing up without his father so I’m sure he’d try his best to be a good one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was thinking during last night episode, if Beverley is "still" experimenting on Leonard she will most like likely experiment on her grandchildren.  if Leonard and Penny have Children  I would be very covncerned if I were Leonard and not let my children be alone with that Women. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Figaro said:

I’ve always thought that he’s seemed a lot more keen on the idea of having kids than she does. 

They want them. They will be interesting parents for sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who thinks Beverly's talk with Leonard is meant to scare him out of wanting kids

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Beverly's talk with Leonard is meant to scare him out of wanting kids

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 

I saw it only as part of the experimenting on kids plot. Nothing to do with Lenny and kids at all. They were just doing the experiments and he remembered being experimented on. That was the only connection I saw. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Figaro said:

I think part of him wants to experiment on his kids but the other part wants them because he wants kids with Amy. I think he would probably fall in love with his child instantly and then be a totally hands on, loving parent. He’s mentioned many a time that he found it hard growing up without his father so I’m sure he’d try his best to be a good one.

We can only hope you're right. I, personally, have my doubts!

2 hours ago, Sah said:

They want them. They will be interesting parents for sure.

I thought you would say good parents. Interesting parents leaves it open to debate. I would rather have good parents than interesting parents!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would sheldon's definition of a good father be

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, chucky said:

We can only hope you're right. I, personally, have my doubts!

I thought you would say good parents. Interesting parents leaves it open to debate. I would rather have good parents than interesting parents!

They will be good parents as well as interesting. Sheldon will take care of his Benign Little Overlords. He thinks his and Amy's kids will be special because of his genes. I don't think he wouldn't love anything he made. Including kids. I remember when they did that experiment a few seasons ago. He was hanging up pictures on the fridge, bragging about how great to create something with Amy. He will be a good dad. Amy, Mary and MeeMa will guide him when needed. Not to mention their friends.

Edited by Sah
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What would sheldon's definition of a good father be

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk




Well we know he think Beverly was a good Mother so that kind of answer your question.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sah said:

They will be good parents as well as interesting.

I'm glad think so, as I do not have that opinion. Sheldon will follow his favorite person's book on parenting! Of course that's good ole Beverly Hofstadter!

2 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

 


Well we know he think Beverly was a good Mother so that kind of answer your question.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Soooo True! He believes she's the perfect mother!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm glad think so, as I do not have that opinion. Sheldon will follow his favorite person's book on parenting! Of course that's good ole Beverly Hofstadter!


Which is too bad because from what we seen Mary was a very good mother who example Sheldon should follow.

We know Leonard would/will certainly follow Mary example on how to be a good parent


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Soooo True! He believes she's the perfect mother!


Sad Sheldon doesn’t give his mother more credit


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just think he’d be full of intentions of having a scientific little child and teaching them things and parenting Beverley style but once his child arrived he’d be shocked and overwhelmed at how much he wanted to love and nurture him/her. Let’s face it, in the early seasons he could never have imagined himself having a wife or loving a woman.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

 


Well we know he think Beverly was a good Mother so that kind of answer your question.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

He seemed to have a great time with Howardetts kids. Changing diapers, bathing, playing with them, engaging with them wanted to come back and do it again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Beverly is still the same character as from when we first met her 12 years ago. Sheldon is a completely different person. Amy has helped him become a much more loving person. If he goes so far Out of the way to make Amy a birthday dinner I have no reason to believe he would not go out of the way for his kids.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

 


Which is too bad because from what we seen Mary was a very good mother who example Sheldon should follow.

We know Leonard would/will certainly follow Mary example on how to be a good parent


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad Sheldon doesn’t give his mother more credit


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

I 100% agree!

5 minutes ago, Sah said:

 

Beverly is still the same character as from when we first met her 12 years ago. Sheldon is a completely different person. Amy has helped him become a much more loving person. If he goes so far Out of the way to make Amy a birthday dinner I have no reason to believe he would not go out of the way for his kids.

In some ways he is different, but he still considers Beverly's ways of child rearing is better than his mother. Although he loves his mom, he still prefers Beverly's opinion's on all aspects of life! That's just my opinion!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Sah said:

He seemed to have a great time with Howardetts kids. Changing diapers, bathing, playing with them, engaging with them wanted to come back and do it again.

Exactly the point, he was happy doing all those things with Howardettes kids, only because he was performing experiments on them. Which indicates his whole parenting style will be about experimenting on his kids, as Beverly did.  Which we already know is a style he thinks is better. 

  • Like 4
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will have to agree to disagree on this topic...I will always believe that Sheldon is capable of being a loving person as evidenced by his growth and love of Amy. And that's fine. I respect your opinion as much as I disagree with it. 

It does suck to be to be pretty much the only Sheldon fan left on this forum though. Where did they all go?  (Deep Sigh). It is actually fun to find common ground and chat with a fellow fan. 

Oh well...

Perhaps there will be a flash forward in the finale and it will prove my point. But even seeing it acted out would not likely change opinions. And same with me. 

  • Like 6
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sah said:

We will have to agree to disagree on this topic...I will always believe that Sheldon is capable of being a loving person as evidenced by his growth and love of Amy.

Amy is truly his soulmate. He adores his Meemaw and he loves his family.  I believe, that in his own way he loves his friends.

33 minutes ago, Sah said:

It does suck to be to be pretty much the only Sheldon fan left on this forum though. Where did they all go?  (Deep Sigh). It is actually fun to find common ground and chat with a fellow fan. 

I'm still here! :drinks:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.