Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

The following was reported by insomniak, in the "Information to Attend a Taping" thread.  It was moved here as that is not a spoiler thread.  

**MILD SPOILER ALERT**
So, as for the episode, I will not give out a full Play by Play on what we watched, but will give an overview..

Previous taping.  - Story continues in regard to Sheldon and Amy's Nobel prize, No finalization there. There was a personality switch between 2 main characters which was foreseeable within the subtext of the episode but was needed.  There was also a rather "back to the shows roots" story involving Howard, Raj, and Bernadette which I found funny and reminiscent. No real shockers or reveals with Leonard or Penny.

The taping we saw:  Show took again a "back to its roots" Format, which I really enjoyed. Felt more like a season 3-5 episode than the current season's wind down. Leonard and Raj are the 2 main story points in this episode. The group confronts Leonard about an issue that should have been addressed seasons ago so we could have seen more organic growth but it is relevant to cleanly breaking the series.  It's a good character development move for Leonard which could be the basis of the series finale IF they decided to develop it more.  In WHAT WE SAW BEING TAPED (yes, I capped that for a reason), it seemed the development/story did the typical Birth, Growth, Death cycle you see in a 30 minute sitcom BUT I wouldn't be surprised if there was an alternate story line taped as I really feel this could be a great story progression to end the show.

Raj's story did have Anu Present but it had nothing to do with their relationship. It focused around Raj's work and his reputation within the scientific community. Was a great side story to the primary plot.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tensor said:

The following was reported by insomniak, in the "Information to Attend a Taping" thread.  It was moved here as that is not a spoiler thread.  

**MILD SPOILER ALERT**
So, as for the episode, I will not give out a full Play by Play on what we watched, but will give an overview..

Previous taping.  - Story continues in regard to Sheldon and Amy's Nobel prize, No finalization there. There was a personality switch between 2 main characters which was foreseeable within the subtext of the episode but was needed.  There was also a rather "back to the shows roots" story involving Howard, Raj, and Bernadette which I found funny and reminiscent. No real shockers or reveals with Leonard or Penny.

The taping we saw:  Show took again a "back to its roots" Format, which I really enjoyed. Felt more like a season 3-5 episode than the current season's wind down. Leonard and Raj are the 2 main story points in this episode. The group confronts Leonard about an issue that should have been addressed seasons ago so we could have seen more organic growth but it is relevant to cleanly breaking the series.  It's a good character development move for Leonard which could be the basis of the series finale IF they decided to develop it more.  In WHAT WE SAW BEING TAPED (yes, I capped that for a reason), it seemed the development/story did the typical Birth, Growth, Death cycle you see in a 30 minute sitcom BUT I wouldn't be surprised if there was an alternate story line taped as I really feel this could be a great story progression to end the show.

Raj's story did have Anu Present but it had nothing to do with their relationship. It focused around Raj's work and his reputation within the scientific community. Was a great side story to the primary plot.

You would think the Leonard story could relate to Penny and or his mother? I'm not sure how interested I am in Raj's work but I guess we will find out.

  • Like 3
  • Run to India 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chrismo said:

You would think the Leonard story could relate to Penny and or his mother? I'm not sure how interested I am in Raj's work but I guess we will find out.

I thinks it’s either his work or his mother, but if it’s ‘a good basis for the series finale’ then I guess it’s mostly about his work... maybe he wants to change his field completely or will get a promotion ? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. I am very curious as to Leonard story...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

I thinks it’s either his work or his mother, but if it’s ‘a good basis for the series finale’ then I guess it’s mostly about his work... maybe he wants to change his field completely or will get a promotion ? 

Perhaps it's about tenure ? Or his research on the boat ? They could offer him  job at Cambridge as a consequence of either. I wish somebody would tell us.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joyceraye said:

Perhaps it's about tenure ? Or his research on the boat ? They could offer him  job at Cambridge as a consequence of either. I wish somebody would tell us.

Yeah, I thought about tenure as well! Hopefully, it’s something good for Leonard this time, after all the kicks in the gut.

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

I thinks it’s either his work or his mother, but if it’s ‘a good basis for the series finale’ then I guess it’s mostly about his work... maybe he wants to change his field completely or will get a promotion ? 

Or Sheldon...? Like him complaining about Sheldon all the time even though he could move away...? 

  • Like 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bfm said:

Or Sheldon...? Like him complaining about Sheldon all the time even though he could move away...? 

I’d love to see Lenny moving away, yeah 😁

Just thought what if Leonard decide to leave Penny, cause they want different things in life? 😩 Really hope it’s not about that 

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is all so cryptic and will have us imagining all sorts of things until we have further, more detailed spoilers (or actually see the episode).  The original poster mentions Seasons 3-5.  Hmmmm....tenure came is Season 6.  Is this a faithful viewer of the series?  Just to add fuel to the fire, Johnny G just had an Instagram post of him inside an elevator taking a selfie in an "up" direction.  The caption on the post mentions an '80's album cover (more a '70's guy myself...).  Could that be some sort of hint regarding the elevator at 2311 North Los Robles?  The Stairway Implementation was in Season 3....Probably not the elevator, but let the speculation continue!!!! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Just thought what if Leonard decide to leave Penny, cause they want different things in life? 😩 Really hope it’s not about that 

o_529.gif.b6d0b5134fde4dfc260fd32bc9f6c14d.gif

😳

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, veejay said:

o_529.gif.b6d0b5134fde4dfc260fd32bc9f6c14d.gif

😳

I’m really trying not to!! 😅

 

Just now, hokie3457 said:

This is all so cryptic and will have us imagining all sorts of things until we have further, more detailed spoilers (or actually see the episode).  The original poster mentions Seasons 3-5.  Hmmmm....tenure came is Season 6.  Is this a faithful viewer of the series?  Just to add fuel to the fire, Johnny G just had an Instagram post of him inside an elevator taking a selfie in an "up" direction.  The caption on the post mentions an '80's album cover (more a '70's guy myself...).  Could that be some sort of hint regarding the elevator at 2311 North Los Robles?  The Stairway Implementation was in Season 3....Probably not the elevator, but let the speculation continue!!!! 

That’s interesting! 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

I’d love to see Lenny moving away, yeah 😁

Just thought what if Leonard decide to leave Penny, cause they want different things in life? 😩 Really hope it’s not about that 

Or the others discover one of his other girlfriends has a child by him. They confront him. He finds out it's true and goes off to live with the mother.

  • Haha 3
  • Run to India 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joyceraye said:

Or the others discover one of his other girlfriends has a child by him. They confront him. He finds out it's true and goes off to live with the mother.

 

53222310-E11A-485C-BA5E-044E1A0C1A85.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, bfm said:

Or Sheldon...? Like him complaining about Sheldon all the time even though he could move away...? 

Leonard admits they are best friends...I am sure it is nothing negative about Sheldon. My guess is it is mom related as she is in the final episode which could tie it all together. I think they do move away but for work purposes or taking care of family like a sick mom or dad purposes.

5 minutes ago, Sah said:

Leonard admits they are best friends...I am sure it is nothing negative about Sheldon. My guess is it is mom related as she is in the final episode which could tie it all together. I think they do move away but for work purposes or taking care of family like a sick mom or dad purposes.

Perhaps tenure and mom is finally proud of him or can at least admit it?

Edited by Sah
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Yeah, I thought about tenure as well! Hopefully, it’s something good for Leonard this time, after all the kicks in the gut.

If Leonard is offered a job at Cambridge from his work on the Hawking expedition and he considers it will Penny go with him?  I seem to remember one of Holland's interviews saying that there will be a big decision with some characters at the end. Also, could it be that Penny reveals she is pregnant and that will be his big decision.....a family or a big job opportunity

Additionally, I just watched a program with Kaley and she revealed that the last episode(s) will be pre-taped in total and the live audience will get to see the taped version.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

I’d love to see Lenny moving away, yeah 😁

Just thought what if Leonard decide to leave Penny, cause they want different things in life? 😩 Really hope it’s not about that 

 

17 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Or the others discover one of his other girlfriends has a child by him. They confront him. He finds out it's true and goes off to live with the mother.

I don't think so, because the poster said it was something they should have confronted him about years before, or something like that. There was also no mention of Penny, so it didn't seem related to her in my eyes, but who knows.

13 minutes ago, Sah said:

Leonard admits they are best friends...I am sure it is nothing negative about Sheldon. My guess is it is mom related as she is in the final episode which could tie it all together.

I know, but I was going with the "could be basis for the end of the show" thing. I could see an audience member write that if there was some inquiry as to why Leonard keeps living next to Sheldon.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Or the others discover one of his other girlfriends has a child by him. They confront him. He finds out it's true and goes off to live with the mother.

Wow  That is outrageous speculation  Hoping this would not be true

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mario D. said:

If Leonard is offered a job at Cambridge from his work on the Hawking expedition and he considers it will Penny go with him?  I seem to remember one of Holland's interviews saying that there will be a big decision with some characters at the end. Also, could it be that Penny reveals she is pregnant and that will be his big decision.....a family or a big job opportunity

Additionally, I just watched a program with Kaley and she revealed that the last episode(s) will be pre-taped in total and the live audience will get to see the taped version.

I don't remember such an interview, do you remember where/when that was?

And if Penny is pregnant there won't be a dilemma, the only question will be whether they stay in Pasadena or move away but they will stay together...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bfm said:

 

I don't think so, because the poster said it was something they should have confronted him about years before, or something like that. There was also no mention of Penny, so it didn't seem related to her in my eyez, but who knows.

I know, but I was going with the "could be basis for the end of the show" thing. I could see an audience member write that if there was some inquiry as to why Leonard keeps living next to Sheldon.

I highly doubt they would leave this long friendship in shambles in the finale. That makes very little sense. They would keep the relationships in tact. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bfm said:

 

I don't think so, because the poster said it was something they should have confronted him about years before, or something like that. There was also no mention of Penny, so it didn't seem related to her in my eyez, but who knows.

I know, but I was going with the "could be basis for the end of the show" thing. I could see an audience member write that if there was some inquiry as to why Leonard keeps living next to Sheldon.

GMTA. I was just wondering if that's what it was when your post popped up. In those days he occasionally did have to address his putting up with Sheldon. If Shamy are house hunting with trying for a family in mind, Leonard could be looking in the same area.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sah said:

I highly doubt they would leave this long friendship in shambles in the finale. That makes very little sense. They would keep the relationships in tact. 

This is all just hypothetical but it could be a case where taking some distance helps the relationship

The Leonard-Sheldon relationship was for years at the center of the show so the show could end with a change in that relationship

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bfm said:

I don't remember such an interview, do you remember where/when that was?

And if Penny is pregnant there won't be a dilemma, the only question will be whether they stay in Pasadena or move away but they will stay together...

I cannot remember for certain but I seem to recall either with Jessica Radloff or the critics Vulture.com

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bfm said:

This is all just hypothetical but it could be a case where taking some distance helps the relatioship

Going out with a feud is not likely. Why do you always need to put Sheldon in a negative light? Like it or not he is Leonard's best friend. He likes Sheldon. They are not going to end a show about friends with a break of said friendship. I would bet 100 dollars that if Lenny move away it is not out of annoyance of Sheldon or any other character. Why go out on a negative note on a very beloved character? Not all fans have that much distain for him. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sah said:

Going out with a feud is not likely. Why do you always need to put Sheldon in a negative light? Like it or not he is Leonard's best friend. He likes Sheldon. They are not going to end a show about friends with a break of said friendship. I would bet 100 dollars that if Lenny move away it is not out of annoyance of Sheldon or any other character. Why go out on a negative note on a very beloved character? Not all fans have that much distain for him. 

Umm... what? You're generalizing and making assumptions, it feels like you assume I have a certain opinion about Sheldon just because I'm a Lenny fan. I'm not one of those who always put Sheldon in a negative light and that was not what I was trying to say. I didn't mean they would go out with a feud, just with the understanding that they can now be less reliant on each other and have a better relationship as a result of that. I don't have much disdain for Sheldon, nor do I dislike him. 

Edited by bfm
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sah said:

Going out with a feud is not likely. Why do you always need to put Sheldon in a negative light? Like it or not he is Leonard's best friend. He likes Sheldon. They are not going to end a show about friends with a break of said friendship. I would bet 100 dollars that if Lenny move away it is not out of annoyance of Sheldon or any other character. Why go out on a negative note on a very beloved character? Not all fans have that much distain for him. 

I really like Sheldon as a character, he’s unique and awesome! But he’s also a handful, so it would be nice for Lenny to have a little break from him after all those years. Nothing negative, just change of pace, and that, as @bfm stated, could really help their friendship. 

  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.