Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, smartandbeautiful said:

I really like Sheldon as a character, he’s unique and awesome! But he’s also a handful, so it would be nice for Lenny to have a little break from him after all those years. Nothing negative, just change of pace, and that, as @bfm stated, could really help their friendship. 

Yes, that's what I meant.

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Why would Leonard continue living next to Sheldon as he has complained about him for years has a negative connotation in my mind. That he is that bad that Leonard would move away. 

If you are talking about about moving away for other reasons and having a nice talk about about being neighbors and friends for so long and they will miss each other I am ok with. But just to get away from him is mean. In no way would I be ok with Sheldon being seen as being annoying or not worthy of these friendships and especially Leonard's. If there is a move all should be at peace with it.

Edited by Sah
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sah said:

Why would Leonard continue living next to Sheldon as he has complained about him for years has a negative connotation in my mind. That he is that bad that Leonard would move away. 

If you are talking about about moving away for other reasons and having a nice talk about about being neighbors and friends for so long and they will miss each other I am ok with. But just to get away from him is mean. In no way would I be ok with Sheldon being seen as being annoying or not worthy of these friendships and especially Leonard's.

I don't think it would go that way if they were to move away, which again they're probably not. Sheldon, like everyone, has qualities that others enjoy and some that are harder to deal with. He can be demanding and had established a relationship with Leonard where he has certain requirements that can be hard to deal with. That doesn't mean he's unworthy of the friendship, but a change of dynamics could be beneficial for both.

  • Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

I really like Sheldon as a character, he’s unique and awesome! But he’s also a handful, so it would be nice for Lenny to have a little break from him after all those years. Nothing negative, just change of pace, and that, as @bfm stated, could really help their friendship. 

Perhaps Shamy move away to raise their kids which would be a natural/neutral parting of the ways. No ends up the laughing stock leaving people saying thank God he ditched him! Leaving a negative view on him for the final episode. Heartwarming finale. Not a glad to be rid of him finale.

Edited by Sah
  • Like 4
  • Make a lot more sense than that 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sah said:

Perhaps Shamy move away to raise their kids which would be a natural parting of the ways.

Yeah, that probably will happen in the finale!

(It still really hurts, when I think that Shamy will have kids, and Lenny won’t 😭 sorry, no hate to Shamy, just forever upset about my favorite couple) 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Yeah, that probably will happen in the finale!

(It still really hurts, when I think that Shamy will have kids, and Lenny won’t 😭 sorry, no hate to Shamy, just forever upset about my favorite couple) 

Now that I understand...perhaps a surprise turn of events?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Yeah, that probably will happen in the finale!

(It still really hurts, when I think that Shamy will have kids, and Lenny won’t 😭 sorry, no hate to Shamy, just forever upset about my favorite couple) 

Well Howardette have their kids, Raj and Anu both want them, as do Shamy and Stunise, the latter already 'trying' as we call it here. It's a convenient time for Shamy to start trying so they're likely to be moving. Stuart looks as though he soon might be able to afford to leave Howardette's place if the book does well. Lenny are perhaps going to be the one couple in five who don't have children, although Penny could change her mind. There's a month yet for it all to be settled.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

That would be awesome 😁 but unlikely... 

Who knows. We already know Shamy have kids. Why do we need to know about it on TBBT?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bfm said:

I don't remember such an interview, do you remember where/when that was?

Kaley mentioned it in an interview on E!News. You'll find it in the Kaley thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, insomniak said:

Ok so everyone seems to be interested in the leonard story, here's the 30,000 foot view. I wont give a play by play spoiler but it should be enough :)

So, episode opens with The gang on the couch, similar to "olden times" :).  They were discussing what movie to go to and where/when to eat dinner. Everyone had an opinion and Leonard did not want to eat late at night. Sheldon argued with him, Leo caved and the entire group told him he as "satisifier", as somone who does whatever anyone else wants to take the least path of resistance.  Afterwards, Penny continued to push Leo to see that the group is correct and to start doing what makes him happy, and to not take penny's feelings into account for things he wants to do.

So, Penny tells Leo to pick an activitiy, and he struggles with that. He also shows Sheldon the "new strong" Leo and takes a new way to work (or home, or somewhere, I don't remember) which frightens Sheldon.

What the real Pivot point of the episode in my opinion was that Leonard feels his job is inadequate, and he is unhappy. He writes a proposal to President Sibert (spelling) about leading up a plasma physics team, and he was not willing to take no for answer even if that meant leaving the university.  Penny found out and was rather upset, as any wife would when her husbands job might be in jeopardy and he argues with her about it.

In the end, President siebert said no and Leonard walked out.

 

The show ended with Penny discussing what happened with Leonard and it was revealed that after Leonard walked out, Siebert said they didn't want to loose him so gave him a Co-lead position on a different "study" (don't remember what is was about).  Leonard was happy with that and that he stood up for himself.

My take on this:  I feel they could have filmed an alternate ending, where Leonard was NOT offered a different position and come to find out that Leonard is going to leave to go to a different university.   IT would be a befitting ending to the show's dynamic, as he would be the first of the 4 to leave the university which could the the "end event".

Let me know if what I posted does not make sense.

 

Thanks for the info. Two points though. Didn't Penny quit TCF? Doesn't Penny make the big bucks?

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, insomniak said:

My take on this:  I feel they could have filmed an alternate ending, where Leonard...

I wonder makes you speculate about that? I don't know that they do stuff like that (like what was done on SW - ESB).

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, djsurrey said:

I wonder makes you speculate about that. I don't know that they do stuff like that (like they did on ESB).

To me ther eis no reason to do that now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, veejay said:

Kaley mentioned it in an interview on E!News. You'll find it in the Kaley thread.

I meant the Holland interview, but thanks :)

 

  • Like 2
  • Leonard Cupid 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Additionally, I just watched a program with Kaley and she revealed that the last episode(s) will be pre-taped in total and the live audience will get to see the taped version.

This is what Kaley said about the finale:

"We were told that we're actually going to pre-shoot the whole thing. So we'll have shot it, and then we will have an audience taping. [...]
We're gonna still do the audience, but we will have taped it and shot it beforehand."

https://www.eonline.com/shows/daily_pop/videos/285804/kaley-cuoco-ready-to-cry-taping-big-bang-theory-finale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLvAmVO4Qu0

(The YT video is geo-blocked)

 

 

Edited by luminous
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thank you so much @insomniak!!! That was very generous of you.

They have touched on Leonard being a "satisfier" before, and we have seen him do things he wants with Penny so that sounds like a bit of a step back, but the job thing is new and good for him for finally getting something. 

8 minutes ago, luminous said:

This is what Kaley said about the finale:

"We were told that we're actually going to pre-shoot the whole thing. So we'll have shot it, and then we will have an audience taping. [...]
We're gonna still do the audience, but we will have taped it and shot it beforehand."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLvAmVO4Qu0

 

(The video is geo-blocked)

Hmm maybe they're worried they will be too emotional to shoot it properly (I remember Johnny half-joking about that).

Edited by bfm
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, luminous said:

This is what Kaley said about the finale:

"We were told that we're actually going to pre-shoot the whole thing. So we'll have shot it, and then we will have an audience taping. [...]
We're gonna still do the audience, but we will have taped it and shot it beforehand."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLvAmVO4Qu0

 

(The video is geo-blocked)

As speculation I'd think this implies different sets or location shots and/or time jumps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

As speculation I'd think this implies different sets or location shots and/or time jumps.

Could be, but if they're still going to do this for the audience then some of it may be in studio or at least something they could recreate well enough in the studio

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Yeah, that probably will happen in the finale!

(It still really hurts, when I think that Shamy will have kids, and Lenny won’t 😭 sorry, no hate to Shamy, just forever upset about my favorite couple) 

I'm a Shamy, and I don't want a Shamy baby (maybe because I don't want babies).  I think that the Smart and Beautiful Lenny baby is endgame. 

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Carm6773 said:

I'm a Shamy, and I don't want a Shamy baby (maybe because I don't want babies).  I think that the Smart and Beautiful Lenny baby is endgame. 

I don't want anymore babies on TBBT at all. If they allude to any, I think it will be Shamy solely because of them saying on the other show that Sheldon has kids but I don't think we'll see them unless there's a time jump. I don't think a smart and beautiful Lenny baby it endgame. I don't think the writers even remember that line or ever took it seriously, at least not since they did the two kids for Howardette. I could be wrong, but I'm just not feeling it right now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I don't want anymore babies on TBBT at all. If they allude to any, I think it will be Shamy solely because of them saying on the other show that Sheldon has kids but I don't think we'll see them unless there's a time jump. I don't think a smart and beautiful Lenny baby it endgame. I don't think the writers even remember that line or ever took it seriously, at least not since they did the two kids for Howardette. I could be wrong, but I'm just not feeling it right now.

I will disagree with you gently. The outcry of Lenny fans on this topic was more than audible and widespread in the media (not only here). TPTBs, I'm pretty sure, will have heard it very well. The bubble, they are supposed to live and work in, has turned out to be absurd since the strange development of Sheldon and Amy, that was a direct reaction to the fan base. (IMO)

  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Sah said:

Not trying to be a dig at all...just thinking of a more peaceful way to part them then having it be a dig at Sheldon if they do move away. When people have kids they will usually go from a place apartment to house. That is all. If Lenny does get to move, I would want it to be because of a fantastic job opportunity or even a surprise baby. I was not trying to take a dig. I am sorry if you took it that way...

 

I highly doubt Lenny will move, they are glued firmly or perhaps even welded to the holy kitchen island in 4A by the TPTB.

Edited by Swedish Chef
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.