Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Alex (a.ayers10) on her IG story...starting to type up what looks like might be the first draft of 12 x 24

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

 

THank Goodness for Reruns and DVD's. We also have Fanfiction. 

My thoughts exactly I hope they all continue in the industry, too So we could keep watching them

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still happy the show is coming to an end. I think S12 is the worst season of the show, even beats Season hate and so one sided for a final season with no clue how to end a show with the BS the Power Not To Be have cooked up so far. Sympathy for the cast? They have milked it for years making millions on a now average sitcom. NOT...

Loading Sarcasm..........


Error...... cannot connect to Sarcasm......
bf5efab88b445ab3ab58f47791b2f874.gif

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Still happy the show is coming to an end. I think S12 is the worst season of the show, even beats Season hate and so one sided for a final season with no clue how to end a show with the BS the Power Not To Be have cooked up so far. Sympathy for the cast? They have milked it for years making millions on a now average sitcom. NOT...

Loading Sarcasm..........


Error...... cannot connect to Sarcasm......
bf5efab88b445ab3ab58f47791b2f874.gif

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
 

Season 12 has not been great, but its been alright. I enjoyed the Halloween episode. I liked when they went Paintballing. Season 8 is still by far the worst season in this series, a real black spot on this series. 

I agree to this show has been very inconsistent since Season 8. MY Fav years were 1-6. But 8-12 has been wildly inconsistent. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

The Show been on for 12 Seasons. It hard for any Sitcom  that been on that long to stay top notch funny  and continue making strong/good quality  episodes week after week...

This I agree with.

11 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

...The Bang Theory should have ended after Season 9.

Can't agree with that. The few gems in the last seasons are enough for me. I am glad to have had 11.24 (Mark Hamill  & Kathy Bates) and 12.01 as well as William Shatner. Not only that but I am well ready to let the series go now and won't be pining over it.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Instagram, jamiemakeup and bricuoco both have clips, in their IG stories, of the comments Johnny and Kaley made tonight.   Not all, but some.  You can hear Kaley breaking up a bit.   

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sah said:

Looks like Jim spilled coffee or tea on his pants?

No?? It's just a shadow.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sah said:

No new TBBT episode this week? No new The Good Doctor either? Terrible! Guess I will hit the gym instead...

Good Doctor is done for the year. They ended really early. TBBT will be done soon. These are the only two shows I watch on television. I'll have to start organizing my books or God forbid, cleaning my house.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

 

.MTBigbangtheory said :.The Bang Theory should have ended after Season 9.

djsurreysaid:

Can't agree with that. The few gems in the last seasons are enough for me. I am glad to have had 11.24 (Mark Hamill  & Kathy Bates) and 12.01 as well as William Shatner. Not only that but I am well ready to let the series go now and won't be pining over it.

............................................ ..................................................................................................................................

joyceraye said :

I'd never heard of  Mark Hamill or Kathy Bates and I only knew who William Shatner was because Penny had mentioned him so who they were made no difference to me.

Funny how tastes differ. I  find there are fewer episodes in the post-season 7 seasons that I don't watch when there's a repeat on, and I like the last three  so far. That doesn't include the sperm donor storylines though, I must say.

I'd have been happy if the rest of the cast had got together and begged CBS to let them try a brief season with little or no Sheldon to see how it went. Vows made years ago that it would end if one of the big three left don't have to be held to. There's a lot they haven't kept. The fact that they all seem to have accepted it's the end suggests to me more than enough of them have had enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, April said:

No?? It's just a shadow.

I think you're right. At first glance I thought there was a revival of the fashion for patched jeans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, joyceraye said:

The fact that they all seem to have accepted it's the end suggests to me more than enough of them have had enough.

The cast had no say in the decision. That was all Chuck's. Johnny was leaning toward leaving, but the rest except Jim wanted to continue. I'm sure the show would have continued to be good without Sheldon. IMHO, Chuck should have discussed with the cast before closing down the show!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Season 12 has not been great, but its been alright. I enjoyed the Halloween episode. I liked when they went Paintballing. Season 8 is still by far the worst season in this series, a real black spot on this series. 

I agree to this show has been very inconsistent since Season 8. MY Fav years were 1-6. But 8-12 has been wildly inconsistent. 

Funny thing is you are picking out a couple episodes you liked in season 12. 1-6 you would only pick a couple per season you didn't like. Kind of a reason the show needs to end.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, chucky said:

The cast had no say in the decision. That was all Chuck's. Johnny was leaning toward leaving, but the rest except Jim wanted to continue. I'm sure the show would have continued to good without Sheldon. IMHO, Chuck should have discussed with the cast before closing down the show!

Why does Chuck have the say ? Does he own the rights to the show ? I thought the owner and purse-holder was CBS. I'm not entirely au fait with how American TV works. Why couldn't the rest of the cast form a company ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Why does Chuck have the say ? Does he own the rights to the show ? I thought the owner and purse-holder was CBS. I'm not entirely au fait with how American TV works. Why couldn't the rest of the cast form a company ? 

He's the producer. It's his show. If it was up to CBS, it'd still be going even without Jim Parsons!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chucky said:

The cast had no say in the decision. That was all Chuck's. Johnny was leaning toward leaving, but the rest except Jim wanted to continue. I'm sure the show would have continued to good without Sheldon. IMHO, Chuck should have discussed with the cast before closing down the show!

CBS/WB was offering two more years. I can understand them not agreeing to that but I was surprised they did not not compromise on one more year. They would have gone over the 300 episode threshold......a terrific milestone to accomplish.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Good Doctor is done for the year. They ended really early. TBBT will be done soon. These are the only two shows I watch on television. I'll have to start organizing my books or God forbid, cleaning my house.

Die, have you seen “The Good Place”?  Some of my twitter friends kept recommending it to me, finally checked it out and now, I’m getting hooked on it. 

  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is me projecting, I'm sure, but in watching the interview for the Australian Today Show, it seemed that Kaley and Johnny were a bit more wistful about the show coming to an end than were Jim and Mayim.  It could be the way the interviewer asked questions and Kaley is frankly more inclined to hold on, but.....just a thought on my part....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Die, have you seen “The Good Place”?  Some of my twitter friends kept recommending it to me, finally checked it out and now, I’m getting hooked on it. 

It's really great!

"Superstore" is nice too.

Edited by bfm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

This is me projecting, I'm sure, but in watching the interview for the Australian Today Show, it seemed that Kaley and Johnny were a bit more wistful about the show coming to an end than were Jim and Mayim.  It could be the way the interviewer asked questions and Kaley is frankly more inclined to hold on, but.....just a thought on my part....

I remember the times when people were reading into body language during interviews and were convinced Johnny secretly hated everything and would be the one who'd cancel the whole show. Ah, youth! lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I'd never heard of  Mark Hamill or Kathy Bates and I only knew who William Shatner was because Penny had mentioned him so who they were made no difference to me.

Funny how tastes differ.

Considering we are living in different parts of the world it does not seem that surprising.

If one makes the connection between Kirk and Shatner there are a lot of Kirk references in TBBT. See https://bigbangtheory.fandom.com/wiki/Captain_James_T._Kirk

There are also Luke references but I had to look for them. Again one has to make the connection to Mark Hamill.

from 1.01

Quote

Sheldon: Do you think this possibility will be helped or hindered when she discovers your Luke Skywalker no-more-tears shampoo?

Leonard: It’s Darth Vader shampoo. (There is a knock on the door.)Luke Skywalker’s the conditioner.

from 2.05

Quote

Sheldon: You know the pale blue of Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber, before it was digitally remastered?

from 2.23

Quote

Sheldon: Gentlemen, use your imagination. Innovate. Did Han Solo let Luke Skywalker freeze to death on the ice planet of Hoth? No. He cut open a tauntaun and used its internal body heat to warm him up.

from 7.12

Quote

Penny: Really, let it go.

Leonard: Look, maybe it is a long shot, but sometimes long shots happen. Luke Skywalker was only given one chance to destroy the Death Star. He had to get a torpedo into an exhaust port that was only two meters wide, but with the help of The Force, he… wow, I can feel you hating me right now.

from 7.14

Quote

James: You know, when I first read the script for Empire Strikes Back and Darth Vader told Luke he was his father, I thought for sure he was lying.

Sheldon: Me, too. But he wasn’t, was he?

James: He was not. How messed up was that?

Sheldon: So messed up.

from 7.22 (gets good as Penny starts to get involved in  making the references)

Quote

Sheldon: Oh, I appreciate the offer, but Arthur is gone and there’s nothing I can do about it. When Darth Vader struck down Obi-Wan, did Luke cry like a baby and go to his funeral?

Penny: No, he blew up the Death Star. Why do I know this?

and

Quote

Arthur: I’m, I’m not, I’m not familiar with that. Is, is, is that an, an Internet?

Sheldon: Wow. Uh, you’re dead, so I’m going to let that slide. Obi-Wan Kenobi is a character from Star Wars. After his physical demise, he comes to Luke Skywalker as his mentor in spirit form.

and

Quote

Sheldon: This is the swampland of Dagobah. It’s where Luke was trained in the ways of the Jedi.

Arthur: Oh. Too bad. I thought it was Florida.

Sheldon: When Obi-Wan came to Luke on this very spot, he gave him all sorts of helpful advice. So, um, what do you got for me?

Of course Hamill was in 11.24.

I like this version of the Weird Al parody that puts young Luke (Hamill) at the beginning and old Luke (Hamill) in near the end.

 

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

This is me projecting, I'm sure, but in watching the interview for the Australian Today Show, it seemed that Kaley and Johnny were a bit more wistful about the show coming to an end than were Jim and Mayim.  It could be the way the interviewer asked questions and Kaley is frankly more inclined to hold on, but.....just a thought on my part....

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.