Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Hero, Heroine why does there need to be one?

I think they have all done some very courageous things and gone out of their way to help others. But heroes?

Don't be serious, just take it literally in terms of our holy fandom. 🙂

g_103.gif.b416f1cf45614748579c58afc7f46021.gif

That often seemed to work, didn't it? 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, shell said:

Mine too They were gold together

Gotta admit, Kaley and Jim seem pretty close, too off screen Whenever there is a cast photo, a majority of the time Kaley is all over Jim 

Sorry, I don't think Kaley is as close with Jim as she is with Johnny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shell said:

To be clear, I never felt or said they had any sexual tension between them--people can still have good chemistry w/o the attraction for another. 

Yes - to be clear, I never thought that you thought there was any sexual element to S & P - I think we're fully in agreement on that.

It occurs to me to wonder if the reason some people expected the S & P relationship to develop into a sexual one was because that's something of a convention in films - antagonistic pairs of young man and woman either start off married (eg Woman of the year) or end up together (eg It happened one night). Yes, my examples are pretty old, and I don't know if it still holds - anyone else think so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Yes - to be clear, I never thought that you thought there was any sexual element to S & P - I think we're fully in agreement on that.

It occurs to me to wonder if the reason some people expected the S & P relationship to develop into a sexual one was because that's something of a convention in films - antagonistic pairs of young man and woman either start off married (eg Woman of the year) or end up together (eg It happened one night). Yes, my examples are pretty old, and I don't know if it still holds - anyone else think so?

Totally in agreement!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, chucky said:

Well, as usual lately, we disagree. Kaley is a marvelous actress.

To me, any actor or actress is a good one if I can believe I'm watching and listening to the character and not someone playing a part. I suppose when it comes to TV, radio or film rather than the stage, a lot of the work is in the editing. All the regular TBBT actors I find believable : it's as though I'm really watching something happening in their lives. I'll miss them when they're gone. From my angle, that makes them whatever adjective on the good to great scale anyone cares to apply. It's possible the credit should go to the writers and directors who set the level of difficulty of the parts to be played.  When there's an odd guest who looks as though he or she is acting, such as Penny's brother or Sheldon's Meemaw it is jarring to me. The responsibility for making them fit in or not possibly lies in the script,direction or editing, I wouldn't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

Yes - to be clear, I never thought that you thought there was any sexual element to S & P - I think we're fully in agreement on that.

It occurs to me to wonder if the reason some people expected the S & P relationship to develop into a sexual one was because that's something of a convention in films - antagonistic pairs of young man and woman either start off married (eg Woman of the year) or end up together (eg It happened one night). Yes, my examples are pretty old, and I don't know if it still holds - anyone else think so?

Ahhh.....

3 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Sorry, I don't think Kaley is as close with Jim as she is with Johnny

We can only guess....unless anyone here knows any of them personally😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

 

They also should never have tried to make Amy into a romantic heroine.

 

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

But heroes?

No, I save the hero label for those that have in my eyes gone well above and beyond, people who have saved lives perhaps even at the risk of their own.

You both have the definition right. Hero (or heroine ) is a homonym. It can mean either someone who does something outstandingly courageous for the greater good, or a leading fictional character. Dickens' David Copperfield begins ' Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life .....' and then goes on to write about his birth, childhood, marriage and work. He does a few nice things, the greatest of which is to produce a daughter to make his great aunt happy.

I suppose anyone who can control Sheldon is heroic up to a point. In another meaning, there's such a thing as heroic surgery.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, shell said:

We can only guess....unless anyone here knows any of them personally😐

Well, considering Kaley and Johnny were in a relationship the first couple of years speaks volumes to their friendship. Kaley and Jim are friends, but that's that. Besides, how many times did Jim join Kaley at the end of each taping to speak to the audience? None! Enough said!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

And she does have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame!

Curious Mario, who of the cast has one of those? Is it just Jim and Kaley?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, chucky said:

Well, considering Kaley and Johnny were in a relationship the first couple of years speaks volumes to their friendship. Kaley and Jim are friends, but that's that. Besides, how many times did Jim join Kaley at the end of each taping to speak to the audience? None! Enough said!

Huh?

Yes, and they broke up...I don't see how that can determine the quality of their friendship

Kaley and Johnny are the selected cast members to speak to the audience--Jim was not selected so does not speak...so that has nothing to do with his friendship with Kaley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh?
Yes, and they broke up...I don't see how that can determine the quality of their friendship
Kaley and Johnny are the selected cast members to speak to the audience--Jim was not selected so does not speak...so that has nothing to do with his friendship with Kaley
Last I knew no one by the name of Chucky hangs out with the cast that can relay anything personal about their relationships 
The only thing we have to go on is kaleys IG account johnny shows up their occasionally when there's no bbt stuff going on but I haven't seen any of jim without bbt things going on

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Sah said:

Curious Mario, who of the cast has one of those? Is it just Jim and Kaley?

None of the rest of the cast have one.

Chuck has one, but it is for his body of work, not just for TBBT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

The only thing we have to go on is kaleys IG account johnny shows up their occasionally when there's no bbt stuff going on but I haven't seen any of jim without bbt things going on

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 

Well, I'll just conclude my input with a big ' I don't agree' and a 'to each his own' (There has been numerous photos of Kaley and Jim out at games, dinner, etc... and he is pictured in her account also)

Edited by shell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, vonmar said:

None of the rest of the cast have one.

Chuck has one, but it is for his body of work, not just for TBBT.

Wonder why Johnny Galecki doesn't have one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, shell said:

Huh?

Yes, and they broke up...I don't see how that can determine the quality of their friendship

Kaley and Johnny are the selected cast members to speak to the audience--Jim was not selected so does not speak...so that has nothing to do with his friendship with Kaley

Last I knew no one by the name of Chucky hangs out with the cast that can relay anything personal about their relationships 

Your opinion and mine are so far apart!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, shell said:

Wonder why Johnny Galecki doesn't have one

Good point. I would have thought that he had one for TBBT as well. His Leonard portrayal for 12 years should have given him one. Leonard is an iconic character on an iconic show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my word! This is beginning g to sound like jr. high school! “He’s better friends with her than you are”. Yikes. They are all friendly with each other to varying degrees. Johnny and Kaley were in a relationship. Now they’re not. Luckily for us as fans of TBBT, they share a deep friendship. Jim and Mayim respect each other immensely and appear to be good friends. Johnny appeared on Mayim’s television show when they were both teens and have a connection there. Jim and Kaley have a nice friendship as well. Melissa and Bill Prady share aspects of their religion on Instagram with each other at holiday times.

We are lucky that as co-workers they all get along. I believe this lends to the longevity of the series. Let’s all embrace that as the days dwindle down....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chucky said:

Well, considering Kaley and Johnny were in a relationship the first couple of years speaks volumes to their friendship. Kaley and Jim are friends, but that's that. Besides, how many times did Jim join Kaley at the end of each taping to speak to the audience? None! Enough said!

Jim is gay so their relationship was never  gonna be anything more than that anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Oh my word! This is beginning g to sound like jr. high school! “He’s better friends with her than you are”. Yikes. They are all friendly with each other to varying degrees. Johnny and Kaley were in a relationship. Now they’re not. Luckily for us as fans of TBBT, they share a deep friendship. Jim and Mayim respect each other immensely and appear to be good friends. Johnny appeared on Mayim’s television show when they were both teens and have a connection there. Jim and Kaley have a nice friendship as well. Melissa and Bill Prady share aspects of their religion on Instagram with each other at holiday times.

We are lucky that as co-workers they all get along. I believe this lends to the longevity of the series. Let’s all embrace that as the days dwindle down....

After a while it becomes more about defending the integrity of the initial post (That's all)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote

“We are constantly asked about the process. Nominating someone for a star is as simple as can be! All we ask for is a completed nomination application and a commitment to sponsor the star should their celebrity sign off on the nomination and attend the event if selected. Anyone can nominate their favorite celebrity, including a fan,” says Ana Martinez (producer of the Walk of Fame ceremonies)

If they approve your nomination, you pay them $40,000 and voila, you got a star.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They definitely all seem quite close knit. I don’t know if anybody else could confirm this, but the two tapings I attended, I noticed that Jim and Kaley were very close between takes... they would seek each other out and be laughing quite a lot - they hugged a lot and she would go over to him whilst he was reading his flash cards. Mayim seemed to gravitate towards Simon, Melissa and Kunal whereas Johnny was talking to the crew and Bill Prady quite a lot. As I say, this was only what I noticed on two tapings and generally speaking, they al seemed very friendly with each other during takes.

Would be interested to know what regular attendees noted [emoji2]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.