Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

What I will miss the most with the show ending is all the discussion with members from all over the world on this forum. Sure we don't always  agree on various things but we all have the same love to the show.

Could not have said it any better!

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spidergirl said:

You know, obviously it is not a surprise for me the show is ending , as it is only one month more of s12 and of the show itself and we know that since the beginning of the season. But looking at that empty white board made the all thing sinking in for real for the first time for me....

It will be hard for me  letting go these characters when they have been in my life for last four years. No more seasons, tapings reports, table readings, set pics, IG captions from cast and crew. No more discussions about what could happen in the lives of these incredible characters...

My apologies but I had to put this out of my chest and doing it among fans of the show... I know you would understand me. Thanks!

Here is a hug for you. It is a sad thing...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Koala Face 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2019 at 10:54 AM, chucky said:

Exactly! You have to be good to get one of those!

In who's opinion? Trump has one. (It's been vandalized repeatedly.) Buzz Aldrin, Bill Cosby, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Max Factor, Godzilla, Dear Abby, Neil Armstrong, Bugs Bunny and Big Bird all have one, just to name a few.

 

On 4/13/2019 at 3:00 PM, ShamyScience said:

If they approve your nomination, you pay them $40,000 and voila, you got a star.

Absolutely. They've been so diluted down they are meaningless.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, luminous said:

(3 pictures)

 

Penny, don't you dare look so happy ! Do you know how many people you've made cry ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How heavy has the focus been on that Sheldon and Amy Nobel Prize storyline this season? I'm getting worried that some of TBBT's other major plot-points, like Howard's dad and Penny's (maiden) last name, will be left without any resolution because of it.

Edited by JimT212
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimT212 said:

How heavy has the focus been on that Sheldon and Amy Nobel Prize storyline this season? I'm getting worried that some of TBBT's other major plot-points, like Howard's dad and Penny's (maiden) last name, will be left without any resolution because of it.

A lot of stuff will never get resolved. I think that is fine. 

Penny's maiden name is not a plot line. It is a curious detail. It is alright to keep a few mysteries.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BIG BANG THEORY, THE
Air Date: Thursday, May 09, 2019
Time Slot: 8:00 PM-8:31 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: "The Maternal Conclusion"

LEONARD AND BEVERLY MAKE AMENDS, ON "THE BIG BANG THEORY," THURSDAY, MAY 9

Christine Baranski Returns as Leonard's Mother, Beverly

"The Maternal Conclusion" - Leonard is pleasantly surprised when Beverly (Christine Baranski)
comes to visit and she's genuinely kind to him, until he finds out the real reason she's there. Also, Denise and Stuart overstay their welcome at the Wolowitz house, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, May 9 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

Johnny Galecki (Leonard)
Jim Parsons (Sheldon)
Kaley Cuoco (Penny)
Simon Helberg (Wolowitz)
Kunal Nayyar (Koothrappali)
Mayim Bialik (Amy)
Melissa Rauch (Bernadette)

RECURRING CAST:

Kevin Sussman (Stuart)
Christine Baranski (Beverly)
Lauren Lapkus (Denise)
Rati Gupta (Anu)

GUEST CAST:

Todd Giebenhain (Mitch)

STORY BY: Steve Holland, Eric Kaplan, Jeremy Howe

TELEPLAY BY: Maria Ferrari, Andy Gordon, Anthony Del Broccolo

DIRECTED BY: Kristy Cecil

  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah of course it turns out to be the worst possible synopsis 

That's what we're doing with the penultimate week of the series? 

I am so sick of the Wolowitz house, give us wherever Raj/Anu crash at or let Stuart/Denise go to an entirely new set

Beverly is back to do the same thing every time she guest stars instead of HOWARD'S FATHER

Airing a complete filler, they better hope they have a big hook at the end or this is going to be one of the lower rated series finales

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shelldon said:

Yeah of course it turns out to be the worst possible synopsis 

That's what we're doing with the penultimate week of the series? 

I am so sick of the Wolowitz house, give us wherever Raj/Anu crash at or let Stuart/Denise go to an entirely new set

Beverly is back to do the same thing every time she guest stars instead of HOWARD'S FATHER

Airing a complete filler, they better hope they have a big hook at the end or this is going to be one of the lower rated series finales

It has to be better than the boring filler episode we got tonight, I’m so sick of this Shamy Nobel plot, it just drones on and on this whole season.  The writers seem to want to destroy everything that was good about TBBT in season 12, the whole season feels like a piano was dropped on it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SRAM said:

It has to be better than the boring filler episode we got tonight, I’m so sick of this Shamy Nobel plot, it just drones on and on this whole season.  The writers seem to want to destroy everything that was good about TBBT in season 12, the whole season feels like a piano was dropped on it.

Could you explain what had been good about season 12? As the saying goes if it looks like shit, smells like shit, it’s shit.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Could you explain what had been good about season 12? As the saying goes if it looks like shit, smells like shit, it’s shit.

n_257.gif.691dbd2097b88b44db4e7a7a39833b9e.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy, another episode where Bernadette doesn't allow Howard to have a hobby while Raj acts as a background foil to Howard's every move. Isn't it fun when everyone plays the exact role they've played in 100 other side plots? Plus Bert's paired up even though I could care less if his wife was a pet rock.

Deprivation sequences were cringy, writer execution is the real thing failing Amy and womankind here.

Sheldon singing Soft Kitty is the kind of thing that is mandatory from final season, and a cute Shamy moment, best part of the episode.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tatyshka said:

writers do everything to make us not regret that the show ends 😞

Welcome to the forum. You might not have seen suggestions made here and elsewhere that we have a story in which Amy experiences a crisis and Sheldon has to help her. It seems the writers picked up on that idea or possibly  thought of it themselves.  Some fans thought it would be sweet and cute.

Well we know now that apart from the Soft Kitty bit it was anything but. Amy was behaving so out of character she was scarcely recognisable until the last moment when she saw the whisky - or brandy or whatever it was. Sheldon was as much use to her as a chocolate teapot for most of  the episode. He was talking and behaving as if he had regressed three or more years. Granted, he was under stress too. Absolutely nothing happened in the episode that moved anybody forward  - unless we count Bert if his meeting the emergency nurse comes to anything. 

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Welcome to the forum. You might not have seen suggestions made here and elsewhere that we have a story in which Amy experiences a crisis and Sheldon has to help her. It seems the writers picked up on that idea or possibly  thought of it themselves.  Some fans thought it would be sweet and cute.

Well we know now that apart from the Soft Kitty bit it was anything but. Amy was behaving so out of character she was scarcely recognisable until the last moment when she saw the whisky - or brandy or whatever it was. Sheldon was as much use to her as a chocolate teapot for most of  the episode. He was talking and behaving as if he had regressed three or more years. Granted, he was under stress too. Absolutely nothing happened in the episode that moved anybody forward  - unless we count Bert if his meeting the emergency nurse comes to anything. 

 

This. I won't even start on the hand smelling "joke".

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Amy was behaving so out of character she was scarcely recognisable

In what way was she out of character???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Welcome to the forum. You might not have seen suggestions made here and elsewhere that we have a story in which Amy experiences a crisis and Sheldon has to help her. It seems the writers picked up on that idea or possibly  thought of it themselves.  Some fans thought it would be sweet and cute.

Well we know now that apart from the Soft Kitty bit it was anything but. Amy was behaving so out of character she was scarcely recognisable until the last moment when she saw the whisky - or brandy or whatever it was. Sheldon was as much use to her as a chocolate teapot for most of  the episode. He was talking and behaving as if he had regressed three or more years. Granted, he was under stress too. Absolutely nothing happened in the episode that moved anybody forward  - unless we count Bert if his meeting the emergency nurse comes to anything. 

 

Yep. I (comic-)figured it out, too. 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, April said:

In what way was she out of character???

She was 'freaking out' and then yelling more than one line and not at Sheldon. Without the anti-perspirant references I'd hardly have known it was her.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.