Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, JimT212 said:

I'm getting worried that some of TBBT's other major plot-points, like Howard's dad and Penny's (maiden) last name, will be left without any resolution because

They never intended to answer either of those points. I believe at least with Penny's name it's been said so repeatedly.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

"The Maternal Conclusion" - Leonard is pleasantly surprised when Beverly (Christine Baranski)
comes to visit and she's genuinely kind to him, until he finds out the real reason she's there. Also, Denise and Stuart overstay their welcome at the Wolowitz house, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, May 9 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.


Read more: Listings - BIG BANG THEORY, THE on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://thefutoncritic.com/listings/20190418cbs08/#ixzz5lV5ZAHqa

I wonder why Beverly shows up this time and why is she genuinely kind to Leonard. My firth thought was something happened to his dad, so she's trying to prepare him, but it's probably too kind for Beverly...

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

I wonder why Beverly shows up this time and why is she genuinely kind to Leonard. My firth thought was something happened to his dad, so she's trying to prepare him, but it's probably too kind for Beverly...

Perhaps something is physically wrong with her?

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shelldon said:

 

Sheldon singing Soft Kitty is the kind of thing that is mandatory from final season, and a cute Shamy moment, best part of the episode.

 

Yes, best moment Also like when he googled walk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Yeah, that could be it

If so, Leonard and Penny might be asked to come and take over her house or whatever...I know that's along shot, but I guess it's possible. Or she could actually need help with something to do with work/her job and none of the other kids will help her.

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Perhaps something is physically wrong with her?

There's still one room available at our Hofstadters. Oh, damn it. Now I even give TPTB a tip for a possible spin-off. 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, veejay said:

There's still one room available at our Hofstadters. Oh, damn it. Now I even give TPTB a tip for a possible spin-off. 🙂

Nope, that's the room for Hofstadter-junior 😝 (yep, I still have hope))

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone explain to me in the third to last episode ever there's a Stuart/Denise storyline?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Could someone explain to me in the third to last episode ever there's a Stuart/Denise storyline?

I've always had a soft spot for Stuart. That doesn't bother me as much as some of this other stuff.

  • Koala Face 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smartandbeautiful said:

I wonder why Beverly shows up this time and why is she genuinely kind to Leonard. My firth thought was something happened to his dad, so she's trying to prepare him, but it's probably too kind for Beverly...

There was the line about the experiments not being over, so maybe it has to do with that...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bfm said:

There was the line about the experiments not being over, so maybe it has to do with that...

Is she possibly doing another book he features in?

BTW, it's been announced the whole cast will appear on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert  right after the finale.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Is she possibly doing another book he features in?

Maybe. Then the positive spin could be that she writes that he married well or something like that. And then she writes some other negative things (that's how they tend to build scenes with more "serious" moments).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured that was a picture of Leonard recuperating from Beverlys visit

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Perhaps something is physically wrong with her?

The possibility that Beverly is ill is where my mind went when I saw the title "The Maternal Conclusion". I just don't know whether they would do such a heavy story line at this point.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tripper said:

The possibility that Beverly is ill is where my mind went when I saw the title "The Maternal Conclusion". I just don't know whether they would do such a heavy story line at this point.

Sorry, but I'm all out on this hard stuff right now. Cheers. 😉

o_270.gif.7b368552afa393e38b3c0e26c6463376.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping The Maternal Conclusion will be a two pronged episode via the title.  Some sort of understanding between Leonard and Beverly occurs to put things to rest regarding their relationship's bumps.  Also some sort of more acceptable reasoning from/by/about Penny and her decision regarding children.  Ever optimistic!!!

  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I'm hoping The Maternal Conclusion will be a two pronged episode via the title.  Some sort of understanding between Leonard and Beverly occurs to put things to rest regarding their relationship's bumps.  Also some sort of more acceptable reasoning from/by/about Penny and her decision regarding children.  Ever optimistic!!!

I can honestly say I'm in total agreement. I also agree that you are optimistic, as I am most of the time!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

They never intended to answer either of those points. I believe at least with Penny's name it's been said so repeatedly.

I don't mind that they never revealed Penny last name. It one of those running gags (along with Howard Mom) the show will always be remembered for. A lot of shows have them. 

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Perhaps something is physically wrong with her?

 

We can only hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I don't mind that they never revealed Penny last name. It one of those running gags (along with Howard Mom) the show will always be remembered for. A lot of shows have them. 

The only thing I need to know is that her last name is now and forever Hofstadter.  Mrs. Penny Hofstadter.  (full stop.)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SRAM said:

It has to be better than the boring filler episode we got tonight, I’m so sick of this Shamy Nobel plot, it just drones on and on this whole season.  The writers seem to want to destroy everything that was good about TBBT in season 12, the whole season feels like a piano was dropped on it.

Yes, this ridiculous Shamy Nobel plot is destroying what was left of TBBT. I always hope it's going to be put out of our misery, and every ep it seems another possibility of ending it is cut off. When I saw there was going to be an ep with several real Nobel Laureates, I thought surely they were going to say Super Asymmetry was nonsense. But no, that didn't happen. The hope I'm clinging to from where we are now after 1218 is that there's an upcoming episode called "The Plagiarism Schism". Can it be that the writers have done the right thing there, and it turns out that a paper published before S&A's by Lesley Winkle already implied Super Asymmetry, so she shares the Nobel withe 2 experimentalists and S & A are reviled as plagiarists? No, I don't really expect it, but it's all I can think of to hope for.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Run to India 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beverly being on her death bed is the only reason I'd accept a story this late with Beverly, though I'm not sure how Leonard's mother's funeral would set up finale

I'm not mad Stuart/Denise have a plot, I'm mad that it's "haha we're bumming out at the Wolowitz house again" plot, which has never been a funny situation and never will be despite how hard the writers try to make it a thing

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shelldon said:

Beverly being on her death bed is the only reason I'd accept a story this late with Beverly, though I'm not sure how Leonard's mother's funeral would set up finale

I'm not mad Stuart/Denise have a plot, I'm mad that it's "haha we're bumming out at the Wolowitz house again" plot, which has never been a funny situation and never will be despite how hard the writers try to make it a thing

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

Beverly being on her death bed is the only reason I'd accept a story this late with Beverly, though I'm not sure how Leonard's mother's funeral would set up finale

 

In the Wizard of Oz didn't the Wicked Witch of the East die? It would be the same here. In the movie no one was sad. How would it be different on TBBT?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.