Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Shelldon said:

My family is calling the show boring.

They're kind of late joining the party!  ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, luminous said:

 

 

Love Jim learning the recorder

  • It's a Tiara 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, shell said:

Love Jim learning the recorder

I did as well. I played tenor recorder in a Baroque ensemble in high school and I sold it while I was at college. I've always regretted that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry ppls, I cannot get excited about any of all the links posted about the show ending. My days are done with the show.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tonstar17 said:

Sorry ppls, I cannot get excited about any of all the links posted about the show ending. My days are done with the show.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
 

I can see your point! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I did as well. I played tenor recorder in a Baroque ensemble in high school and I sold it while I was at college. I've always regretted that.

I remember everyone at my elementary school had to learn it in fifth grade then we would have an assembly. I think half the kids faked it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I remember everyone at my elementary school had to learn it in fifth grade then we would have an assembly. I think half the kids faked it. 

As a music teacher in the early 90s I taught Gr 3/4 children to play the recorder. I was not popular with the teachers next door!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wussy Leonard trying to break out. Hasen't that been his character since the pilot? Lol. He has developed alot over the years, shows more of a backbone. But essentially that is the fundamentals of his character. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I did as well. I played tenor recorder in a Baroque ensemble in high school and I sold it while I was at college. I've always regretted that.

I played recorders - descant, treble and tenor in church music groups.  Loved them. Our leader in the big church was really into 'early' music of the David Munro type.  In the last few years the ukelele has become the fashionable mass first instrument in schools. It's easier on the ears of the non-musical teachers but a nuisance at home for parents to tune. I used a website to tune my friend's daughter's for her. I still love the sound of a well-played recorder. I'm sure if Sheldon/Jim isn't already proficient, it won't take him long to learn, considering what else he plays.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was taught to play the electronic keyboard in first and second grade and the recorder in third grade. That's how it was for everybody. I guess it still is 'cause my thord grader cousin is now playing the recorder. Sadly, I don't remember any of it. The only instrument I play now is my voice... I actually use a tuner app (there's an app for everything nowadays) when I sing sometimes, to see if I'm hitting the right notes (in cases in which I know what they are). 

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I'm sure if Sheldon/Jim isn't already proficient, it won't take him long to learn, considering what else he plays.

I believe this is from an old episode--earlier season. 

Edited by shell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IT is funny I Remember watching the Friends in 2004. IT was a generational show, I did not think another show would come along that would define an era in Television so profoundly in the Comedy Genre. And I feel TBBT has its place. I am prob going to miss this show more then I Did Friends at the time, as I Was only 15. I am 30 now. OF course the show has dramatically declined since around Season 6. I well prob miss the characters more then the actual show, too much inconsistency for my liking. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

IT is funny I Remember watching the Friends in 2004. IT was a generational show, I did not think another show would come along that would define an era in Television so profoundly in the Comedy Genre. And I feel TBBT has its place. I am prob going to miss this show more then I Did Friends at the time, as I Was only 15. I am 30 now. OF course the show has dramatically declined since around Season 6. I well prob miss the characters more then the actual show, too much inconsistency for my liking. 

As will I my friend!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, shell said:
18 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I'm sure if Sheldon/Jim isn't already proficient, it won't take him long to learn, considering what else he plays.

I believe this is from an old episode--earlier season. 

Silly me, of course it is. Thanks for the reminder. My excuse is I've reached the age where I need my sleep if I'm going to remember things and the download of this week's episodes arrived nearly four hours later than usual  : I hear there were power cuts in the USA. I had appointments on Friday so I just stayed up. I need reminders I'm not a college student anymore.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

 

That was funny, thanks!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.