Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

So I've noticed that it looks like Raj's past girlfriends are back

At his wedding maybe?

Honestly just having him and Anu not work out off-screen and having him reconnect with Lucy would be stronger for me as a Raj fan

Lucy was back when it felt like they gave a damn, and if she can't be a series regular, Lucy can at least be a finale twist without draining their bank

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

So I've noticed that it looks like Raj's past girlfriends are back

At his wedding maybe?

Honestly just having him and Anu not work out off-screen and having him reconnect with Lucy would be stronger for me as a Raj fan

Lucy was back when it felt like they gave a damn, and if she can't be a series regular, Lucy can at least be a finale twist without draining their bank

The actresses were at the wrap party, like many other past guest stars. They may have been in the episode but we don't know.

I do agree about Lucy, she's the one I liked best with Raj.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bfm said:

The actresses were at the wrap party, like many other past guest stars. They may have been in the episode but we don't know.

I do agree about Lucy, she's the one I liked best with Raj.

I think Lucy and Raj are endgame. She was like Raj to a certain extent, had a ton of social anxities. But could be cool to see her return in the finalie. And she is different. Not that I have seen any spoilers so far.Their well be none. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless something MAJOR happens next week, I don't see Emily, Lucy or other Emily coming back. He'll be going into the finale with Anu. They won't switch it up that late in the game. They would have had to lay groundwork by this past episode, the latest.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

Unless something MAJOR happens next week, I don't see Emily, Lucy or other Emily coming back. He'll be going into the finale with Anu. They won't switch it up that late in the game. They would have had to lay groundwork by this past episode, the latest.

Agreed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I loved reading your 'love letters' to the cast ! I had no idea anybody got bullied in real life for being a scientist. I was shocked to read that.

I learned a new word, 'desi', which I had to look up. It would fit about 50% of the people I know but I'd never heard that. They call themselves 'Asians' here in UK. 

Hope you'll be feeling better soon.

 

Hi Joyce! I wasn't bullied so much for being a scientist (though I've been bullied enough in academia - another matter for another time), but I have been bullied so much for simply being an anime/scifi/comics fan. Granted, I was never as well versed in every nuance like these characters were - I love watching the old Batman cartoon or anything with Batgirl in it, read comics and manga sometimes but my life has never really depended on it. There were so many times it was used against me because it wasn't perceived as normal. I also cosplay for a hobby - I don't do anything too risky but there have been times that people have said horrible things to my face or behind my back (stemming from the fact that I am not white like my costumed heroes). I also don't have the talent to make my own costumes from scratch but there is no shame in taking something store bought and making it your own.  I've had my moments where I've been redeemed and it hasn't mattered. I hand painted a glow in the dark Tron costume that is a favorite among many in my communities, I've been Catwoman to help celebrate Batman's birthday for kids at Barnes and Noble (and they didn't care I was brown!) But some of the worst hate I ever received came from my desi community back home when I was growing up (people made assumptions about my sexual orientation, which was NOT COOL). It wasn't fair and having Raj normalize this truly meant a lot. But what I really love about the show is how they showed the characters grew past their stereotypes and were real people outside of labs and comics. And that's why I feel like there is never going to be a show like this again. 

  • Like 3
  • Koala Face 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leonard was a big cause of the thwarting of Campbell/Pemberton, and the Procreation Calculation said besides a Batmobile he wanted a Nobel

Sheldon's Nobel win will be with his best friend and wife at his side, realistic or not

and once he gets that the finale can also stay brave on no Lenny pregnancy

Raj/Anu are likely to have a child, we know Shamy will have a child, and Howardette already reached full capacity

Do you want Lenny to be special or not?

  • Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leonard was a big cause of the thwarting of Campbell/Pemberton, and the Procreation Calculation said besides a Batmobile he wanted a Nobel
Sheldon's Nobel win will be with his best friend and wife at his side, realistic or not
and once he gets that the finale can also stay brave on no Lenny pregnancy
Raj/Anu are likely to have a child, we know Shamy will have a child, and Howardette already reached full capacity
Do you want Lenny to be special or not?
Are saying that if all the other couples are millionaires and lenny aren't that would make them special

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Are saying that if all the other couples are millionaires and lenny aren't that would make them special

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 

Kaley is happy with the finale, so I'll go into with hopeful thoughts!

7 hours ago, luminous said:

 

Well, I have high hopes for the Finale!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

Are saying that if all the other couples are millionaires and lenny aren't that would make them special

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 

Being a millionaire is not equivalent to having kids, because one gains you money and one loses you money

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Being a millionaire is not equivalent to having kids, because one gains you money and one loses you money
Personally I don't see how anyone can afford to have kids now I thought it was expensive 40 years ago

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leonard nor Penny have high paying jobs. I mean over the years the premise of Penny living across and affording the same Apt as Two Physicists has been deconstructed. 

Kaley says it is a "beautiful" finalie. Surprises and Revelations, but nothing catastrophic. Who knows if that implies a safe final, or some where in between Bold and Safe. Well see. I just want all the characters to get a great send off, I Think they all deserve happiness. Leonard has been my fav since Day One. But i love all the characters. Show would not of been the same without everyone. Even Amy and Bernadette later in the series. 

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Leonard nor Penny have high paying jobs. I mean over the years the premise of Penny living across and affording the same Apt as Two Physicists has been deconstructed. 

Kaley says it is a "beautiful" finalie. Surprises and Revelations, but nothing catastrophic. Who knows if that implies a safe final, or some where in between Bold and Safe. Well see. I just want all the characters to get a great send off, I Think they all deserve happiness. Leonard has been my fav since Day One. But i love all the characters. Show would not of been the same without everyone. Even Amy and Bernadette later in the series. 

Penny may have not have had a high paying job when she worked at TCF, but as a pharma rep, and one of the top ones in her company, she's bringing in $150k or more. And they don't mention it on the show, but they usually get an expense account plus other perks.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dysfunctionalsymmetry said:

Hi Joyce! I wasn't bullied so much for being a scientist (though I've been bullied enough in academia - another matter for another time), but I have been bullied so much for simply being an anime/scifi/comics fan. Granted, I was never as well versed in every nuance like these characters were - I love watching the old Batman cartoon or anything with Batgirl in it, read comics and manga sometimes but my life has never really depended on it. There were so many times it was used against me because it wasn't perceived as normal. I also cosplay for a hobby - I don't do anything too risky but there have been times that people have said horrible things to my face or behind my back (stemming from the fact that I am not white like my costumed heroes). I also don't have the talent to make my own costumes from scratch but there is no shame in taking something store bought and making it your own.  I've had my moments where I've been redeemed and it hasn't mattered. I hand painted a glow in the dark Tron costume that is a favorite among many in my communities, I've been Catwoman to help celebrate Batman's birthday for kids at Barnes and Noble (and they didn't care I was brown!) But some of the worst hate I ever received came from my desi community back home when I was growing up (people made assumptions about my sexual orientation, which was NOT COOL). It wasn't fair and having Raj normalize this truly meant a lot. But what I really love about the show is how they showed the characters grew past their stereotypes and were real people outside of labs and comics. And that's why I feel like there is never going to be a show like this again. 

Some of us were fans of super-heroes when I was at school. The comics were hard to get hold of so we swapped them or passed them round. There were more boys than girls but that could have been because it was easier for boys to find the comics since they had paper rounds and saw them first. I can't recall anybody being bullied about liking them. A teacher once caught me reading a Lois Lane comic under the desk during a maths lesson. He duly made fun of that but it was fair enough : I broke the eleventh commandment.

As for being bullied or ostracised because of one's hobby : that's appalling. I am from a generation who kept sexual matters private and didn't make assumptions about other people's orientation because we didn't know such a thing existed. Seems as though you suffered a lot and TBBT helped. In 'my day' there wasn't much mixed-ability education. Different aptitude-types and IQ-levels went to different schools, and the majority started work at fifteen. That must have cut down on some of the potential for bullying and negative-stereotyping. You've made me see a whole new side to what life is like for the young. By 'young' I include the TBBT crowd.

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Kaley says it is a "beautiful" finalie. Surprises and Revelations, but nothing catastrophic. Who knows if that implies a safe final, or some where in between Bold and Safe. Well see. I just want all the characters to get a great send off, I Think they all deserve happiness. Leonard has been my fav since Day One. But i love all the characters. Show would not of been the same without everyone. Even Amy and Bernadette later in the series.

I agree completely. I guess we have to trust in Kaley's view of the Finale!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Leonard nor Penny have high paying jobs. I mean over the years the premise of Penny living across and affording the same Apt as Two Physicists has been deconstructed. 

Kaley says it is a "beautiful" finalie. Surprises and Revelations, but nothing catastrophic. Who knows if that implies a safe final, or some where in between Bold and Safe. Well see. I just want all the characters to get a great send off, I Think they all deserve happiness. Leonard has been my fav since Day One. But i love all the characters. Show would not of been the same without everyone. Even Amy and Bernadette later in the series. 

I don't think the cast would say in an interview that the final episode is catastrophic even if it was just that.

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

I don't think the cast would say in an interview that the final episode is catastrophic even if it was just that.

Probably so. But Kaley looked really sincere in her description of the Finale. But then again, that could be the actress playing a role. I don't think so though.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chucky said:

Probably so. But Kaley looked really sincere in her description of the Finale. But then again, that could be the actress playing a role. I don't think so though.

It could also be euphoria affecting their views and making them feel it was better than it actually was.

ETA: To clarify, I simply don't know. It may be great, may be great to some, may be bad for some. I just mean that even if it wasn't great the emotions affect the perceptions of those involved.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bfm said:

It could also be euphoria affecting their views and making them fell it was better than it actually was.

Could be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we know the length of the series finale? I know it airs from 8-9, so it's really just two episodes back-to-back, and with ads, I'll hope it can be longer than 40 mins combined. 

Too bad, because Seinfeld and Friends had extended finales that were 50 minutes. But that was so long ago, times have changed, and runtimes are shorter. 

I just hope it can be a little longer, but oh well. 

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

I liked Emily best. I think she lasted the longest too. 

I couldn't stand her although I like the actress well enough. It's when they killed off her character that Sleepy Hollow started going downhill. I really hope it's true that the past characters were just invited to the party.

20 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

They were talking about her days in high school

And there was no reason to do that except the writers enjoy making her look stupid. They could have just had her say it was a long time ago and no big deal. But they had to go on with it.

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

And there was no reason to do that except the writers enjoy making her look stupid. They could have just had her say it was a long time ago and no big deal. But they had to go on with it.

I would have to re-watch, but I don't think Penny didn't read the book because she couldn't understand it, but because she found it boring. Not the same thing.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, gsxdoug said:

I would have to re-watch, but I don't think Penny didn't read the book because she couldn't understand it, but because she found it boring. Not the same thing.

Probably so!

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

And there was no reason to do that except the writers enjoy making her look stupid. They could have just had her say it was a long time ago and no big deal. But they had to go on with it.

Totally agree. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I couldn't stand her although I like the actress well enough. It's when they killed off her character that Sleepy Hollow started going downhill. I really hope it's true that the past characters were just invited to the party.

And there was no reason to do that except the writers enjoy making her look stupid. They could have just had her say it was a long time ago and no big deal. But they had to go on with it.

Yeah, I think they invited everyone that’s ever been on the show because I also saw the actress that played Meemaw among the party goers.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.