Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I totally agree. If they do that they've been screwing with the fans all season and it's not a nice thing to do, plus, I don't think they have time in the finale to handle that correctly and explain why things have changed for her. I could be wrong, it happens all the time, but I will be super pissed if the whole thing is resolved in a couple of minutes.

I guess this is another topic we disagree on!  They have been screwing we fans for years. 

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bfm said:

They threw her previous desire to have kids (that may not have been incredibly strong but was there for years)  to the wind, which wasn't fair to the character, the show and the fans.

But if they flip flop and change her mind in 10 or 15 minutes and you get that baby you will totally forgive the writers for jerking your chain all season and all will be well? You're better than I am. I could not do that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I totally agree. If they do that they've been screwing with the fans all season and it's not a nice thing to do, plus, I don't think they have time in the finale to handle that correctly and explain why things have changed for her. I could be wrong, it happens all the time, but I will be super pissed if the whole thing is resolved in a couple of minutes.
Actually they screwed with the fans a lot you have tenure that was never finished Howard getting his phd and what ever happened to the experiment on the north sea to name a few

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chucky said:

I guess this is another topic we disagree on!  They have been screwing we fans for years. 

And all will be forgiven and everything will be sweetness and light if they take a few minutes to change things around now? Like Leonard finally accepted that his mother was who she was and nothing would change her so suddenly all was warm hugging fuzziness? Again, I can't buy into that.

 

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Actually they screwed with the fans a lot you have tenure that was never finished Howard getting his phd and what ever happened to the experiment on the north sea to name a few

Well, sure. I agree with you 100% but I doubt if they saved all of those things to resolve neatly and well in between a bunch of incredibly expensive commercials like a few people seem to think they are going to do with this baby storyline.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, sure. I agree with you 100% but I doubt if they saved all of those things to resolve neatly and well in between a bunch of incredibly expensive commercials like a few people seem to think they are going to do with this baby storyline.
Just my thoughts but i think there might be a higher percentage of fans that would want a lenny family than not. Of course if i had a dollar for everytime I was wrong

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

And all will be forgiven and everything will be sweetness and light if they take a few minutes to change things around now?

I never said that! It'll take a hell of a lot more than that for me to forgive them.

5 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

ust my thoughts but i think there might be a higher percentage of fans that would want a lenny family than not.

Soooo Trueeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm shocked CBS has released promo pics for the finale. I for sure thought they would keep it highly secretive and not release any photos or video showing actual scenes from the episodes 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fowler&Cooper said:

I'm shocked CBS has released promo pics for the finale. I for sure thought they would keep it highly secretive and not release any photos or video showing actual scenes from the episodes 

IMO, the pictures really don't seem to show anything that would spoil the finale.  

It'll be interesting to see if they release any "sneak peeks".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but don't forget this show was never about fairytale romances. I Don't think any of the couples were fated. Leonard and Penny meet in irregular circumstances. And since S6, have worked really hard on their relationship. Same with Shamy and Howardette. The donation storyline I Think was a plot device to give Leonard and Penny some clarity over the topic. IT is probably going to take some great writing to flip flop, and have Penny wanting kids. Considering it says they are keeping a secret, and the cast have confirmed no one is leaving. IT says their is a sense, their life well go on as normal. Has to be job related, or baby related. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fowler&Cooper said:

I hope they don't make it so Leonard and Penny reveal that they are having a baby in the finale. Penny has made it very clear she doesn't want kids and for them to just throw that to the wind isn't fair to the character, the show or to the fans

She did not make it very (irrevocably) clear. And she's previously said she did want some one day.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You can see the promotional photos for the series finale (episode 12.23/24 "The Change Constant/The Stockholm Syndrome") here:

cbspressexpress.com

114996_WB_0042B.jpg

Note that pictures from CBS Press Express are geo-blocked.

 

Edited by luminous
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fowler&Cooper said:

I hope they don't make it so Leonard and Penny reveal that they are having a baby in the finale. Penny has made it very clear she doesn't want kids and for them to just throw that to the wind isn't fair to the character, the show or to the fans

There's no convention of fairness in fiction writing. More's the pity, some might say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

But if they flip flop and change her mind in 10 or 15 minutes and you get that baby you will totally forgive the writers for jerking your chain all season and all will be well? You're better than I am. I could not do that.

No I wouldn't. I don't think there's anything they can do that would make me think of 12×03 as anything but a huge mistake. But sticking to it sure won't make it better.

5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Has to be job related, or baby related. 

I don't think it has to be either this or that. A secret can be many things. Maybe they secretly had the elevator fixed and are using it in secret haha or won the lottery  JK... Job related though could be Leinard gettng tenure or becoming department chairman.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bfm said:

I don't think there's anything they can do that would make me think of 12×03 as anything but a huge mistake. But sticking to it sure won't make it better.

If this were a book I'd rip the pages covering 12x03 right out. Moved the story nowhere. Pointless. It showed us Amy still had her creepy moments and for a fleeting moment we saw how delighted Leonard could be at the thought of impending fatherhood and felt for him.  So little gained for such a big loss. Was it all an excuse to reveal Zack was still as thick as two planks with his 'Or Penny if it's a girl' ?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joyceraye said:

If this were a book I'd rip the pages covering 12x03 right out. Moved the story nowhere. Pointless. It showed us Amy still had her creepy moments and for a fleeting moment we saw how delighted Leonard could be at the thought of impending fatherhood and felt for him.  So little gained for such a big loss. Was it all an excuse to reveal Zack was still as thick as two planks with his 'Or Penny if it's a girl' ?

Yeah, 12X03 was not their best offering, period!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kev0821 said:

 

These are some of my favorite moments ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

But if they flip flop and change her mind in 10 or 15 minutes and you get that baby you will totally forgive the writers for jerking your chain all season and all will be well? You're better than I am. I could not do that.

I stopped caring about Lenny as a couple after 3.19.  They can flip flop all they want that is just background noise as far as I am concerned. Since I am not expecting legitimate science stuff in the last episode I'll be watching more for an interesting guest or other references.

 

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

I stopped caring about Lenny as a couple after 3.19

To each their own.

  • Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I stopped caring about Lenny as a couple after 3.19.  They can flip flop all they want that is just background noise as far as I am concerned. Since I am not expecting legitimate science stuff in the last episode I'll be watching more for an interesting guest or other references.
 
Jmo but I hope guest stars are used to a minimum

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Jmo but I hope guest stars are used to a minimum

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 

Totally agree. It's the series finale, let it be about the cast!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.