The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, bfm said:

Well, this is fiction so they're all imaginary.

Very true, but the Hofstadter baby is now canon and in fan fiction we can make it a girl or a boy.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

Very true, but the Hofstadter baby is now canon and in fan fiction we can make it a girl or a boy.

Yessss!

18 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Penny's character was like plankton - it just got caught up in the flow of other people's dreams and plans.  I would have liked for her to date a professional athlete or big time author during her break-up with Leonard.  We only saw her with complete duds.  She's smart and funny - she could have done better.  And it would have been good to see her in a job she actually likes.  Everyone else loves their work, except for her.  Working for a local TV station, advertising firm, whatever.  Something she would like to do.  

Penny was fantasizing about Idris ELba while having sex with Leonard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, serena_1995 said:

tumblr_owrzni9CTY1rsnoino1_250.gif.67a7fd845ca1a8dfbc60e511c02372e7.gif

• Haha 9

20 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Penny's character was like plankton - it just got caught up in the flow of other people's dreams and plans. 

I agree with this. 

This is part of the reason that I never bought the idea of "the big three" being Sheldon, Leonard, Penny. I know TPTB said so, but IMO, it should be Sheldon, Leonard, and Howard. Especially in later seasons, they wrote a LOT of filler plots for Howardette and Howard/Raj, I mean, I love Howardette, but even I thought some of their filler plots were a waste of time, you know, especially at the same time, we didn't get enough Lenny or Raj plots for their proper developments, let alone Penny's. 

I remembered that I specifically hated that Bill Gates episode, because I thought that was a Penny's plot, about her job, but in the end, Sheldon and Leonard got more than her, she was just a vehicle to get Gates here so we could see the four guys being nerdy with Gates. Such a waste. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

She was “fantasising about .....Leonard ....... AND a little Idris Elba. “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

6 hours ago, KripkeRules said:

I agree with this. 

This is part of the reason that I never bought the idea of "the big three" being Sheldon, Leonard, Penny. I know TPTB said so, but IMO, it should be Sheldon, Leonard, and Howard. Especially in later seasons, they wrote a LOT of filler plots for Howardette and Howard/Raj, I mean, I love Howardette, but even I thought some of their filler plots were a waste of time, you know, especially at the same time, we didn't get enough Lenny or Raj plots for their proper developments, let alone Penny's. 

I remembered that I specifically hated that Bill Gates episode, because I thought that was a Penny's plot, about her job, but in the end, Sheldon and Leonard got more than her, she was just a vehicle to get Gates here so we could see the four guys being nerdy with Gates. Such a waste. 

Also a waste was  the Zack plot. They could have made better use of him and also spent time exploring Penny's issues in the time taken up with the sperm donor rubbish.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, luminous said:

That is the perfect description of wasted paperwork! :hi:

5 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Also a waste was  the Zack plot. They could have made better use of him and also spent time exploring Penny's issues in the time taken up with the sperm donor rubbish.

I think they could have used that story line as the catalyst for Penny changing her mind about having kids and be the real motive behind her attempted seduction of Leonard.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, gsxdoug said:

I think they could have used that story line as the catalyst for Penny changing her mind about having kids and be the real motive behind her attempted seduction of Leonard.

I thought in that scene where it is revealed that Penny is pregnant they could have added some explanation of why she did not want to have kids.  After Leonard said he wants to tell everyone he could have asked her if she is OK with the pregnancy and  they could have taken maybe two minutes for Penny to explain her committment issues, insecurities,  or just her doubt about being a mother. But now that she has a child growing inside her she wants to be a mother very badly. I don't think this would have taken up too much time or dialogue.

• Like 1

An easy fix to this problem could be:

In 12X24, when Leonard suggested:"Why don't we just tell people?"  Instead of answering:"No, it's too early, I haven't even wrapped my head around it." (ugh, this answer made it worse!!!)

Penny could say:" No, not yet, we'll tell them the GOOD NEWS after the ceremony,  and then we can celebrate it together."

See?  Two words, everything changed. 

But, of course TPTB went for the first one, what was I thinking??? UGH. 

• Like 5
  • Koala Face 1

40 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I thought in that scene where it is revealed that Penny is pregnant they could have added some explanation of why she did not want to have kids.  After Leonard said he wants to tell everyone he could have asked her if she is OK with the pregnancy and  they could have taken maybe two minutes for Penny to explain her committment issues, insecurities,  or just her doubt about being a mother. But now that she has a child growing inside her she wants to be a mother very badly. I don't think this would have taken up too much time or dialogue.

I think it would feel odd with the Lenny scene since they already know she's pregnant and I would expect Lenny to talk about it when they found out.

But they had Amy directly ask her about it and we didn't really get an answer. "It was an accident" and all that only answers how it happened but not why she's okay with it. Heck, they could have blamed it on the hormones at least!

• Like 3

It's a little bit sad that we didn't get to see the banquet after the prize ceremony. There could have been several funny scenes when Sheldon or Penny have to interact with the other award winners.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Swedish Chef said:

It's a little bit sad that we didn't get to see the banquet after the prize ceremony. There could have been several funny scenes when Sheldon or Penny have to interact with the other award winners.

Could definitely have happened!

• Like 2

Kunal is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show this Thursday, May 23rd.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, chucky said:
10 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

Could definitely have happened!

Agreed. The extra scenes that CBS put up on their site after Season 11 should have started a tradition. That was fun, watching the supplementary scenes plus the wedding photos. We could have had photos of the banquet at least. Some other scientist could be speaking at it and Sheldon's face would be showing reluctant restraint.

I'd like to have seen Penny excusing herself to a royal personnage and rushing off to throw up. In the next clip she gets a present with a well-wishing note from HRH who's realised what the problem was. 

Personally I Don't think Penny should of dated a professional athlete of some kind. I mean when you look at Bath Item. The whole point of her character growth. Was the fact she was always looking for a Strong Man to look after her. But she started to outgrow that idealistic notion. They always protected Leonard and Penny's relationship. And I Do not think that would of been a good decision imo. 

13 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Personally I Don't think Penny should of dated a professional athlete of some kind. I mean when you look at Bath Item. The whole point of her character growth. Was the fact she was always looking for a Strong Man to look after her. But she started to outgrow that idealistic notion. They always protected Leonard and Penny's relationship. And I Do not think that would of been a good decision imo. 

They did a much better job with Penny and Leonard than Friends did with Rachel and Ross, they had Rachael falling over all these guys throughout the series that I actually felt she settled for Ross at the end.  I never got that vibe from Penny, her lack of dating during their breakup actually made it seem even more that they were destined to be together and she really did want him.

the more I think about it the less I like the ending. it is definitely not one you remember with goosebumps!

so, come on......really??  sheldon becoming reasonable ...... penny suddenly expecting and everything is normal, no big emotions ....... raj,  I do not even know how his story ends ..... and howard and bernadette just go on with their life, so that's fine I guess...... and the others ...... who cares about the others!

and then that pathetic young sheldon episode ... that was really awful!

I still think they should have dropped a piano on someone! It would have been thousand times better!! all IMHO !!!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I'd like to have seen Penny excusing herself to a royal personnage and rushing off to throw up. In the next clip she gets a present with a well-wishing note from HRH who's realised what the problem was.

I would loved to have seen that!

Edited by chucky
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1