The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, dysfunctionalsymmetry said:

I am curious if there were any scenes that were cut. 

Same here ! I do wish they'd release cut scenes. There are many over the years, as we know from TRs. They release bloopers so why not completed scenes ? They could put them on the CBS site like they did with the 11.24 extras, or they could sell a DVD and make a few bob.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:
3 hours ago, SRAM said:

Of course, my favorite would have been A newly divorced Missy coming to see her brother get his Nobel and Raj hooking up with her with the hint that it might lead to something.  I think the chance that Raj could be Sheldon’s  future brother-in-law would have been funny for the end.

I've seen that suggested a ton of times and it just gives me the creeps. I can't see anything those two would have in common.

It's an idea on the surface but they couldn't sustain it. In the end, or even from the beginning, Raj is a creep, jerk, douche, sleazeball and a few more names when it comes to treating women. That's why he never kept a girlfriend even when he'd managed to get one who'd give him a try. If he met Missy at the Nobel ceremony it would be only hours after he'd gone through a stranger's purse while she was asleep. He looks sweet and cute at first but even after all these years he turns out still to be the 'ass when doesn't (drink) , you just don't hear it ' that he always was. Sheldon and the others would never let him form a relationship with Missy and her children, let alone marry her. Let's say we could imagine a future scenario in which it looked as though Missy would be the making of him to the point the gang and Mary were impressed after all, Missy would soon uncover his behaviour and give him the Emily/ Claire and Anu treatment .

• Like 2
  • Run to India 1

Someone as worthless and small as Howard got married first, but Raj never gets married

Truly this show does not have a sense of justice in terms of who deserved to have a loving relationship by the end

• Run to India 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Shelldon said:

Someone as worthless and small as Howard got married first, but Raj never gets married

Truly this show does not have a sense of justice in terms of who deserved to have a loving relationship by the end

I started writing a response but I just don’t know how... 

“Bless your heart”?

cheers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bless_your_heart?wprov=sfti1

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Run to India 1

Posted (edited)

TBH this may not go down well with some posters here. But Raj got What he deserved by the end. He was a Douche through out the series. he diddn't deserve a long and lasting relationship. And nor should he been rewarded as such. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 4
  • Run to India 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

TBH this may not go down well with some posters here. But Raj got What he deserved by the end. He was a Douche through out the series. he diddn't deserve a long and lasting relationship. And nor should he been rewarded as such. 

c_002.gif.4aca04c4e44fd1adab340158fef42a11.gif

🙂

• Run to India 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I’m not disagreeing about there being male writers. I do hope that the audience can be smart enough to see that most of the derision aimed at Penny was aimed by Sheldon, where he is being something of an avatar for a particular school of thought about gender norms 

Most of the time Penny was pretty comfortable with her enthusiasm for the behaviours that Sheldon, the self-appointed “Arbiter of All Things”, decried. Leonard and the rest of the community were pretty accepting, if not maybe covetous, of Penny’s history.

Further, once Penny worked through her issues about why Leonard wasn’t her first choice, but was really her best choice, she never deviated. Her whole arc through the Priya/Leonard story was about her trying to cope with her grief at having stuffed up. Once they reconciled she was totally, but not slavishly, devoted to him - Maybe she tested their bonds more than I personally was comfortable with (hello Penny in nightie with Beverley on Skype), but that wasn’t about devotion, I think it was always about the jokes.

Penny had every legal right to act as she did. She was at liberty to pursue happiness. And thankfully in the 21st century, she can also pursue bodily autonomy.

Overall it was mostly Sheldon, the person with almost no capacity for intimacy, who made the snide put-downs of Penny. And he became the hero of the show. The audience lapped it up.

Or maybe was the show mocking him and his pre-technological views. He got a Nobel for science and he is still the guy stuck in pre-20th century modes of thought when it comes to what people do with their pants off. I don’t know.

It says a lot about the audience, as well as the writers. If it weren’t reflective of, and resonant with, the audience core beliefs Sheldon’s accusative diatribes would have been written out as part of the chase for ratings. Like Amy was written in, and a sex drive for Sheldon was written in too. But hey, 12 seasons isn’t easy.

/rant :) 

Wonderful post!

5 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I started writing a response but I just don’t know how... 

I know how and what to respond with, but it really doesn't matter to me since the show is over.

• Like 2
  • Run to India 1

14 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

The final two episodes was broadcasted tonight in Sweden. I thought they were pretty good to be honest. One thing I find a little bit odd, why is "Buffy the vampire slayer" on a plane to Sweden ?

Going to be in a TV series ? Something has to replace Bron-Broen. She's an American detective coming to warch how they do things.  Or she's  going to help Saga build a new career in a spin-off.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Going to be in a TV series ? Something has to replace Bron-Broen. She's an American detective coming to warch how they do things.  Or she's  going to help Saga build a new career in a spin-off.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds verry funny and suasive. 😁

• Like 2

5 hours ago, veejay said:

c_002.gif.4aca04c4e44fd1adab340158fef42a11.gif

🙂

IDK I think Cinnamon is great The men I've been  with...I'm happy with just my dog these days 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I’m just catching that after watching Fleur Delacour and Stannis Baratheon in The Tunnel. Saga is a bit Sheldon, only with more of the going into bars and casually banging people.  Penny’s Scandinavian cousin maybe. Or their love child, proactively/preemptively/proprespectively(?)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I’m just catching that after watching Fleur Delacour and Stannis Baratheon in The Tunnel. Saga is a bit Sheldon, only with more of the going into bars and casually banging people.  Penny’s Scandinavian cousin maybe. Or their love child, proactively/preemptively/proprespectively(?)

Okay Dokay

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Raj was the same from start to finish. He had no growth as the other characters did. He remained totally self centered and desperate although he had flashes of charm. It's a pity because I liked him a lot at times and saw potential in him, but they just didn't follow through on it.

3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I have absolutely no idea what that is. I've never even heard of it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

This may be rehashing an old topic but just as an example of what kind of a sleazeball he was showed in season 4 ep. 24.  1) He knew his sister was going back to India, 2) He knew that Penny still cared/loved Leonard by her own admission yet he jumped into bed with her anyway, 3) He wasn't as drunk as Penny if he related what happened, 4) He asked Penny to not say anything for fear of embarrassment yet he bragged to anyone how he bedded Penny. These actions make him a douche with a capital D.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, veejay said:

I have no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds verry funny and suasive. 😁

Just a little speculation, getting my own back for not understanding all the references on here to programmes other than TBBT and YS and stars I've never heard of.

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:
5 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Going to be in a TV series ? Something has to replace Bron-Broen. She's an American detective coming to watch how they do things.  Or she's  going to help Saga build a new career in a spin-off.

I have absolutely no idea what that is. I've never even heard of it.

Bwahahahaha, Annoying, isn't it. Ha !

2 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

Saga is a bit Sheldon, only with more of the going into bars and casually banging people.  Penny’s Scandinavian cousin maybe. Or their love child, proactively/preemptively/proprespectively(?)

That's it ! Saga gave up policing after reconciling herself to  her family's past. I'd like to know what happened to her next. It occurred to me that they'd make a spin-off when thinking of an answer to Swedish Chef's query about why the Buffy actress was going to Sweden.

Edited by joyceraye
typo
  • Haha 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Bwahahahaha, Annoying, isn't it. Ha !

A little bit, but that's ok!

• Like 1

Howard never showed any signs of character development, it's sad that Raj is being remembered as all the awful things he was

Definitely some misattribution and people could benefit from watching s1-s6 again with these lousy takes about Raj

• Run to India 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

Howard never showed any signs of character development,  

Are you kidding? Howard had the most character growth over 12 seasons! You need to go and watch Season 1 and 2 again 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

Howard never showed any signs of character development, it's sad that Raj is being remembered as all the awful things he was

Definitely some misattribution and people could benefit from watching s1-s6 again with these lousy takes about Raj

We definitely are seeing two different Howard and Raj's! As someone posted earlier, Raj deserved every negative action that came his way.

• Run to India 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, chucky said:

We definitely are seeing two different Howard and Raj's! As someone posted earlier, Raj deserved every negative action that came his way.

I sorta disagree. Howard would continue to have been a lecherous slime ball had he not found his "soul mate", Bernadette.

Raj not changing/growing just shows he hasn't yet found his. When he does, he will grow and be "what some people" want him to be.

Edited by BigBang15
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

I sorta disagree. Howard would continue to have been a lecherous slime ball had he not found his "soul mate", Bernadette.

Raj not changing/growing just shows he hasn't yet found his. When he does, he will grow and be "what some people" want him to be.

I don't agree. 

• Like 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

A show where Stuart/Denise + Raj/Lucy get to be the other 4 outside of Penny/Leonard/Sheldon/Amy would have been something pretty classic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shelldon said:

A show where Stuart/Denise + Raj/Lucy get to be the other 4 outside of Penny/Leonard/Sheldon/Amy would have been something pretty classic

I don't think so! I was happy with the cast we had for 12 years!

• Like 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

Re Howard: he may have. But I don’t know about the effect his mother had on him. Maybe he grew once he was less influenced by her. It might be an environmental effect. He is still adolescent in some respects. Having a loving wife and kids has taken the edge off his horny teenager act, but his antenna still quiver. 

I think Raj was damaged/hurt by his experiences as a child, maybe in the offices of his father’s OB/GYN practice. He was mute around women. Something happened. I feel he’d improve further through professional therapy, rather than to expect some woman to take him on as a project. It’s a big lift. Love doesn’t conquer all, sometimes. I’m not saying he’s wicked, I am saying he needs help. Penny was an amateur therapist for him. But I suspect he needs more than just love.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2