Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, chucky said:

 BigBang15 said:

Howard would continue to have been a lecherous slime ball had he not found his "soul mate", Bernadette.

Raj not changing/growing just shows he hasn't yet found his. When he does, he will grow and be "what some people" want him to be.

 

I don't  agree.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Nor me. Howard always wanted to settle down eventually. He was looking for his 'Mrs Wolowitz' although not going the right way about it. He thought his creepy act was acceptable and attractive to women. He didn't have a father to tell him otherwise during his adolescence, and judged by his mentions of his cousins, his uncles were too young at the right time. His punch on the nose from Penny did as much for his changing behaviour as meeting the right woman. Sure, some of his creepiness still shows through. Nearly every episode he says something yucky. Ingrained habits die hard - look at Sheldon.

As for Raj, right down to the last episode he was still behaving cringeworthily. Is going through someone's purse under those circumstances even legal ? Walking into the ladies' toilets may just about be excusable at a stretch when a man's recognised the distressed voice telling him to go away, but at nearly forty years of age, holding hands in public with a married woman without her consent in one of the final scenes says it all. If he meets a thirty-something woman who has identical tastes to his is he young enough to change his outlook and  become a nice guy ? That is left to the imagination now.

  • Like 7
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I don't  agree.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Nor me. Howard always wanted to settle down eventually. He was looking for his 'Mrs Wolowitz' although not going the right way about it. He thought his creepy act was acceptable and attractive to women. He didn't have a father to tell him otherwise during his adolescence, and judged by his mentions of his cousins, his uncles were too young at the right time. His punch on the nose from Penny did as much for his changing behaviour as meeting the right woman. Sure, some of his creepiness still shows through. Nearly every episode he says something yucky. Ingrained habits die hard - look at Sheldon.

As for Raj, right down to the last episode he was still behaving cringeworthily. Is going through someone's purse under those circumstances even legal ? Walking into the ladies' toilets may just about be excusable at a stretch when a man's recognised the distressed voice telling him to go away, but at nearly forty years of age, holding hands in public with a married woman without her consent in one of the final scenes says it all. If he meets a thirty-something woman who has identical tastes to his is he young enough to change his outlook and  become a nice guy ? That is left to the imagination now.

Well said! You state it so much better than I can. :sungum:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I don't  agree.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

As for Raj, right down to the last episode he was still behaving cringeworthily. Is going through someone's purse under those circumstances even legal ? Walking into the ladies' toilets may just about be excusable at a stretch when a man's recognised the distressed voice telling him to go away, but at nearly forty years of age, holding hands in public with a married woman without her consent in one of the final scenes says it all. If he meets a thirty-something woman who has identical tastes to his is he young enough to change his outlook and  become a nice guy ? That is left to the imagination now.

We don't know if (this version of) Sarah Michelle Gellar is married. It's a fictional version. And it has precedent. TBBT's William Shatner does not know/recognize Penny as his "Priceline" daughter. Also, SMGs name is actually never mentioned, she's just pointed out as "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

  • Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Reminder for anyone else here in Britain that might need reminding.

Starting from 1pm today and finishing at 7pm, E4 are doing something called Big Bang Theory: The Final Countdown. They are showing 12 popular episodes, one from each series.

Then at 7pm, E4 are showing Unravelling The Mystery: A Big Bang Farewell. According to the programme description, fans will get a tour of the set, hear the show's best-kept secret and watch the cast share stories. Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco host.

The Change Constant/ Series 12, Episode 23 is on at 8 pm.

And The Stockholm Syndrome/ Series 12, Episode 24, is on at 8.30 pm.

Edit: At 9 pm, there is something called Big Bang Theory of Everything. With comments from famous fans, behind-the-scenes and red carpet footage and classic clips.   

Edited by Strawberry
  • Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

 

OHMYGosh His eyes are so gorgeous

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

And it has precedent. TBBT's William Shatner does not know/recognize Penny as his "Priceline" daughter

Penny is not his "Priceline" daughter! Kaley is that daughter!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

We don't know if (this version of) Sarah Michelle Gellar is married. It's a fictional version. And it has precedent. TBBT's William Shatner does not know/recognize Penny as his "Priceline" daughter. Also, SMGs name is actually never mentioned, she's just pointed out as "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

  • Penny is not his Priceline daughter any more than the Priceline daughter is fathered by captain Kirk. The actors represent Priceline characters not their big roles.
  • It makes no difference that SMGs name is never mentioned. It is implied she represents herself as Buffy is not an actual person in the  TBBT universe.
  • I'll grant we can't know for sure if the fictionalized SMG is married in the TBBT universe. What we do know is that she said something along the lines of "You know this is not a date. Why are you holding my hand?"
Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand the Penny/Kaley difference, but Penny looks just like the actress who plays his daughter in the Priceline commercials, assuming the Shatner at the D&D game did/does Priceline commercials. The point I was trying to make was that characters based on real life people (Shatner, SMG, Wheaton, Hawking, et al) do not necessarily mirror their real lives. Look at Wheatons' sausage fest. No mention of his wife, Anne or that he was even married. If you went just by TBBT, you wouldn't know he was married.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

I understand the Penny/Kaley difference, but Penny looks just like the actress who plays his daughter in the Priceline commercials, assuming the Shatner at the D&D game did/does Priceline commercials. The point I was trying to make was that characters based on real life people (Shatner, SMG, Wheaton, Hawking, et al) do not necessarily mirror their real lives. Look at Wheatons' sausage fest. No mention of his wife, Anne or that he was even married. If you went just by TBBT, you wouldn't know he was married.

I see. There may well not be Priceline commercials in the TBBT universe. The Wil in TBBT is not the real  Wil W. and so on... 

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved reading the Tweets from all the folks watching the finale for the first time on E4.

  • Like 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

I understand the Penny/Kaley difference, but Penny looks just like the actress who plays his daughter in the Priceline commercials, assuming the Shatner at the D&D game did/does Priceline commercials. The point I was trying to make was that characters based on real life people (Shatner, SMG, Wheaton, Hawking, et al) do not necessarily mirror their real lives. Look at Wheatons' sausage fest. No mention of his wife, Anne or that he was even married. If you went just by TBBT, you wouldn't know he was married.

Your comparing apples and oranges. This is a tv show, not real life. I really could care less if Wil is married or not. That info is not needed for the scripts. William Shatner has always been refered to as Capt Kirk, not the dude from Priceline.Com.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was arguing that we don't know if TBBT Wil Wheaton is married or if TBBT Sarah Michelle Geller is married.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

I was arguing that we don't know if TBBT Wil Wheaton is married or if TBBT Sarah Michelle Geller is married.

 

I, for one, don't see if it really matters. If it was important to the show, it would have came out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone knows Sarah and Freddie Prince Junior is married LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Strawberry said:

Reminder for anyone else here in Britain that might need reminding.

Starting from 1pm today and finishing at 7pm, E4 are doing something called Big Bang Theory: The Final Countdown. They are showing 12 popular episodes, one from each series.

Then at 7pm, E4 are showing Unravelling The Mystery: A Big Bang Farewell. According to the programme description, fans will get a tour of the set, hear the show's best-kept secret and watch the cast share stories. Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco host.

The Change Constant/ Series 12, Episode 23 is on at 8 pm.

And The Stockholm Syndrome/ Series 12, Episode 24, is on at 8.30 pm.

Edit: At 9 pm, there is something called Big Bang Theory of Everything. With comments from famous fans, behind-the-scenes and red carpet footage and classic clips.   

I was glad they said it was the longest-running live-action comedy in US  TV history. Various media have been saying 'TV history' for months.

Edited by joyceraye
typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Everyone knows Sarah and Freddie Prince Junior is married LOL.

No. I did not even know her name until I looked it up. I did not watch Buffy.

  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I was glad they said it was the longest-running live-action comedy in US history. Various media have been saying 'TV history' for months.

That is not correct. Ozzie and Harriet is the longest running live-action sitcom in TV History with 435 Episodes. The Big Bang Theory is Fifth.  It the second longest-running multicam sitcom by  Episodes 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Hope Aurora isn’t expecting to win a Nobel Prize for Physics when she starts studying Neuroscience! Unless she plans to come up with a random idea outside her field of study as she prepares to walk down the aisle

But kudos to Amy for her speech!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

No. I did not even know her name until I looked it up. I did not watch Buffy.

Same here.

6 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

I was arguing that we don't know if TBBT Wil Wheaton is married or if TBBT Sarah Michelle Geller is married.

 

  • sts
20 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

 We don't know if (this version of) Sarah Michelle Gellar is married. It's a fictional version. And it has precedent. TBBT's William Shatner does not know/recognize Penny as his "Priceline" daughter. Also, SMGs name is actually never mentioned, she's just pointed out as "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

OK so she may have been playing a fictionalised single version of herself. I don't know what Priceline is or was BTW but I get that all those real people, the actors among whom except Adam West I'd never heard of before, weren't totally playing their real selves. If Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a supernatural creature in whom our boys believed they're dafter than I thought. I'm sure they knew Mrs Geller  was an actress. However, it was pointed out on the board that she was married when I wondered if meeting her was the beginning of something so I followed that point.

Perhaps we can speculate she was playing a single person for the purpose of the episode, but whatever she was doing, whoever she was playing, Raj had absolutely no business whatsoever going through her purse, even if it was a purse in the American sense. To a woman it's private and permission to look in it is rarely given. Everybody knows it's as good as sacred.  ( Since Raj speaks English English as a rule it's even worse, as a purse is what she keeps her money and vital items in, not her handbag. He'd have to go in her handbag to find her purse. ) She was asleep. She was a stranger. That behaviour was disgusting. You only do that if somebody's collapsed in the street and you need vital information. There is no pleasant spin anybody can put on it. He hasn't changed that scumbaggy side of his character in all these years. Pity - he has some good role models now.

Edited by joyceraye
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

No. I did not even know her name until I looked it up. I did not watch Buffy.

I agreed with Leonard about it.  It has merit and weight.

My girls watched it once I had the DVDs. I think Charmed (froth, I think) led them into it gently. They didn’t follow me to Battlestar Galactica (the 2003 version).  All the kids watch GOT.

My wife thinks we are all idiots for watching the sf and fantasy stuff. But she was open to Lucifer. Nothing to do with Tom Ellis with his shirt off, I’m sure.

@joyceraye - even after 30 years I still won’t look in my spouses purse without express consent. I get that consent more often now, when she can’t find her phone in its depths.

Re The finale. I caught some of the end on YouTube. Leonard got feisty.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joyceraye said:
33 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

No. I did not even know her name until I looked it up. I did not watch Buffy.

Same here.

It is likely the reason that she was referred to as Buffy in the episode.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I agreed with Leonard about it.  It has merit and weight.

My girls watched it once I had the DVDs. I think Charmed (froth, I think) led them into it gently. They didn’t follow me to Battlestar Galactica (the 2003 version).  All the kids watch GOT.

My wife thinks we are all idiots for watching the sf and fantasy stuff. But she was open to Lucifer. Nothing to do with Tom Ellis with his shirt off, I’m sure.

...

I never gave either Buffy or Charmed much more than a superficial look. To me they both looked like a simple formula repeated endlessly. Buffy fighting in heals looked ridiculous to me. Perhaps the one or two episodes I saw were not from the early seasons.

Quote

Not just the hoops and the high heels, her entire wardrobe from Season 4 on. Seasons 1 thru3, she did most of her patrolling in sensible clothes (sweat/jogging suits and running shoes). She went off to college, and suddenly she's wearing leather pants and expensive (looking, at least) sweaters and jackets, plus the aforementioned high heeled boots out in the cemetaries fighting the vamps and demons. from https://buffy-boards.com/threads/what-just-bugs-you-about-buffy-and-or-angel.40190/post-559126

I like sci-fi and fantasy stuff well enough but not necessarily any attempt at it. So I was a fan of LOTR and Harry Potter and much else but not all of it.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.