Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

Teller hiding is a twist I never expected.

I could very easily see that happening. She's a dominating bitch. Why not try to get away from her.

Edited by chucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

3 hours ago, bfm said:

 

 

Now for the plot itself... The Raj thing sounds nice. The thing with Lenny and the Fowlers just sounds weird to me and just a way to have Teller abd Bates. Why does Leonard think they are similar to them? /: I think the Fowlers dynamic may be more similar to Leonard's parents if anything. Are they trying to say Penny is as harsh with Leonard as Mrs. Fowler is with her husband? That's just ridiculous.

I actually agree a little bit and more with Leonard. I don’t think Lenny is as extreme as the Fowler’s but there IMO is always more of a dominant person in a relationship.

1 hour ago, chucky said:

I have to totally agree! Another Lenny argument, thought they were over that!

I don’t think it’s an argument. Nothing in the taping report really suggests that.  I just don’t think they see things exactly the same way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tensor said:

Sheldon mentioned in a TBBT episode, as the reason for his knocking three times.

But to be fair he did NOT knock three times at the start. They started doing it later and the writers then pulled the thing about his father cheating out of their asses.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chucky said:

I have to totally agree! Another Lenny argument, thought they were over that!

I don't think it will be like season 10. At least I hope not.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

But to be fair he did NOT knock three times at the start. They started doing it later and the writers then pulled the thing about his father cheating out of their asses.

Yes, but we are supposed to think he was doing it since the start. It's one of those things that often happen during the first season of a show, when the writers are still finding their way with their characters. At some point (very soon, by the first half of s. 1) the writers  decided this is one of Sheldon's idiosyncrasies, and I guess we just have to suspend disbelief of that. IIRC, for example, he knocked three times in The Staircase Implementation, a flashback episode.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Teller hiding is a twist I never expected

Me either, and I never even thought of Legoland. I should have. My kids adored that place.

39 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I actually agree a little bit and more with Leonard. I don’t think Lenny is as extreme as the Fowler’s but there IMO is always more of a dominant person in a relationship.

That's it exactly.

  • Like 3
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I actually agree a little bit and more with Leonard. I don’t think Lenny is as extreme as the Fowler’s but there IMO is always more of a dominant person in a relationship.

I don’t think it’s an argument. Nothing in the taping report really suggests that.  I just don’t think they see things exactly the same way.

An argument is an argument, no matter the size.  A small misunderstanding is a small argument which can escalate rather quickly.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Yes, but we are supposed to think he was doing it since the start. It's one of those things that often happen during the first season of a show, when the writers are still finding their way with their characters. At some point (very soon, by the first half of s. 1) the writers  decided this is one of Sheldon's idiosyncrasies, and I guess we just have to suspend disbelief of that. IIRC, for example, he knocked three times in The Staircase Implementation, a flashback episode.

Actually, he knocked three times there because Leonard didn't answer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chucky said:

You have more trust in Holland and gang than I do!

Well he's not Molaro and the stupid S10 style fighting stopped when he entered the job.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bfm said:

Well he's not Molaro and the stupid S10 style fighting stopped when he entered the job.

I also credit Mr Holland with giving us the Bitcoin episodes. The whole feel of Leonard and Penny in Season 11, while not being a focus at all, was entirely more positive.

  • Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I also credit Mr Holland with giving us the Bitcoin episodes. The whole feel of Leonard and Penny in Season 11, while not being a focus at all, was entirely more positive.

So, you're saying that there was no Lenny arguments in season 11? I agree that they (arguments) lessened, but still remained! They (writers) had to emphasize that shamy was the better couple as Sheldon stated.

Edited by chucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bfm said:

Why does Leonard think they are similar to them? /: I think the Fowlers dynamic may be more similar to Leonard's parents if anything. Are they trying to say Penny is as harsh with Leonard as Mrs. Fowler is with her husband? That's just ridiculous.

Comon, no need to beat around the bush.

leonard said because it is true🤗

  • Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chucky said:

An argument is an argument, no matter the size.  A small misunderstanding is a small argument which can escalate rather quickly.

What’s ironic though the taping report mentioned Shamy had an argument. I could be wrong but no one mentioned that. My point is till the episode airs who knows. The poster did a wonderful with their report. I know my wife has been to a taping. But like everything else the show is open to interpretation and many,Including myself, do it. Also the final product may be different than what they saw last night.

13 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Comon, no need to beat around the bush.

leonard said because it is true🤗

I don’t think I remember Leonard running away. Sheldon on the the hand went on s long train ride 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chucky said:

So, you're saying that there was no Lenny arguments in season 11? I agree that they (arguments) lessened, but still remained! They (writers) had to emphasize that shamy was the better couple as Sheldon stated.

Actually, my opinion is that the feel that I got from Penny and Leonard in Season 11 was far better; seemingly more loving than in Seasons 8, 9 and 10.  For me at least this is attributable to Mr. Holland.  Again, my opinion, but yes, there were arguments/disagreements between them, but the aftermath was (again, for me) warmer, more loving, and showed (me at least) the Leonard and Penny I know and love.

There is no way, in my view, that Sheldon and Amy are a "better couple" than Leonard and Penny.  IMO, Sheldon is horrid to Amy in spite of the small morsals of "lovey-doveyness" he throws at her.  He continues to be "all for me"  all about me" "me, me, me". 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

What’s ironic though the taping report mentioned Shamy had an argument.

Yes, shamy had an argument and Amy was upset with Sheldon. But they (the writers) gave shamy a cute resolution to their argument which hardly ever happens for Lenny. Their resolutions are made off camera. 

2 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

There is no way, in my view, that Sheldon and Amy are a "better couple" than Leonard and Penny.  IMO, Sheldon is horrid to Amy in spite of the small morsals of "lovey-doveyness" he throws at her.  He continues to be "all for me"  all about me" "me, me, me". 

I agree, if you noted in my post I said "as Sheldon stated". Those were Sheldon's words, not mine. I personally never thought that shamy is the better couple. I have listed them last in the list of couples right behind Raj/Cinnamon!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, chucky said:

Yes, shamy had an argument and Amy was upset with Sheldon. But they (the writers) gave shamy a cute resolution to their argument which hardly ever happens for Lenny. Their resolutions are made off camera. 

 

I personally never find anything that Shamy does as cute. But that’s just me. Open to interpretation? Of course. Just like I don’t think Lenny had a storyline in this episode. They were part of a storyline. again that’s open to interpretation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gbb said:

They're a couple. They'll never be over arguments. Every couple on this show has arguments all the time. Shamy had 2 in this ep alone (on their honeymoon, no less). Couples fight! Writers need stuff to write about. They're all always going to have fights. And make up. And do cute stuff and funny stuff and annoying stuff...

True. JMO though Lenny is a bit behind in the cute stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chucky said:

So, you're saying that there was no Lenny arguments in season 11? I agree that they (arguments) lessened, but still remained! They (writers) had to emphasize that shamy was the better couple as Sheldon stated.

 

8 minutes ago, Gbb said:

They're a couple. They'll never be over arguments. Every couple on this show has arguments all the time. Shamy had 2 in this ep alone (on their honeymoon, no less). Couples fight! Writers need stuff to write about. They're all always going to have fights. And make up. And do cute stuff and funny stuff and annoying stuff...

I agree with Gbb here.  I don't think them arguing is bad by itself, what I hated in season 10 is that the fights seemed to come from nowhere, they had no justification and were suddenly apparently resolved off-camrera only for another stupid fight to emerge the next episode. That was thankfully over in season 11.

  • Like 6
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.