The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:
On 7/2/2019 at 3:11 PM, joyceraye said:

True,, but Zack was significant in his own way and there was nothing not to like.

But seriously, isn't there anyone else from the cast you wouldn't rather see there at such an important moment?

What's the important moment ?  I know Zack's appearances have tended to be at important moments in the development of storylines, especially Penny's but I don't get the question.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

But seriously, isn't there anyone else from the cast you wouldn't rather see there at such an important moment?

Any member of the cast would do. Apparently, they were all busy and couldn't attend. I'm glad Brian and Will stepped up and attended the event!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, joyceraye said:

What's the important moment ?  I know Zack's appearances have tended to be at important moments in the development of storylines, especially Penny's but I don't get the question.

I thought opening the exhibit for fans to see and experience might be important to fans of the show. Perhaps it's not.

21 hours ago, veejay said:

Flashback to the original: The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Yes, I know about that but as I said, I thought it was funny that someone would base an article on that particular quote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Yes, I know about that but as I said, I thought it was funny that someone would base an article on that particular quote.

Celebrities + Sex =  🙂

n_215.gif.4df696082d6571842b2ea939acae12dd.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Well folks, Happy Independence Day!!!!!!! That is, here in the U S of A!!!!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2019 at 2:08 PM, Die Zimtzicke said:
On 7/3/2019 at 6:44 PM, joyceraye said:

What's the important moment ?  I know Zack's appearances have tended to be at important moments in the development of storylines, especially Penny's, but I don't get the question.

I thought opening the exhibit for fans to see and experience might be important to fans of the show. Perhaps it's not.

Thanks. I see what you mean. That didn't register with me. I'd no idea exhibits on TV  studio tours were taken so seriously in the US that they had official openings and that it mattered who was there. 

Speaking of Zack, though, he has played very important parts. It's thanks to him Penny realised she had more of a taste for intelligent, educated men - ie Leonard - in the first place. Zack was the one who first made Amy aware she had sexual desires. He put the idea into the boys' heads the giro could be used for a weapon.  He kept the tape on which Penny admitted how much she loved Leonard. The sperm donor story - I won't go there.

Edited by joyceraye
Sorry. It wasn't a tape - their equipment isn't that old. It was a recording on the laptop.
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I'd no idea exhibits on TV  studio tours were taken so seriously in the US that they had official openings

I think it depends on the popularity of the show. TBBT was hugely popular.

• Like 1

Red Dead Redemption 2 and Call of Duty WWII

On 7/5/2019 at 4:59 AM, joyceraye said:

Thanks. I see what you mean. That didn't register with me. I'd no idea exhibits on TV  studio tours were taken so seriously in the US that they had official openings and that it mattered who was there. 

Speaking of Zack, though, he has played very important parts. It's thanks to him Penny realised she had more of a taste for intelligent, educated men - ie Leonard - in the first place. Zack was the one who first made Amy aware she had sexual desires. He put the idea into the boys' heads the giro could be used for a weapon.  He kept the tape on which Penny admitted how much she loved Leonard. The sperm donor story - I won't go there.

That is interesting, I never thought of Zack as being there that way but you are right he has been on the show at important moments and has really contributed to several story plots.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

So, Zack is a major catalyst.

Definitely, I'd say.

He was the first one, IIRC  to show up the brainy boys'  meanie side  and get them told off by Penny for bullying.  He certainly  put the hitherto 'underdogs'  in a different light. Whether Zack's  function as catalyst was intentional or co-incidental is hard to say. At the Thanksgiving when it turned out he and  Penny had been married he was more of a crisis.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Definitely, I'd say.

He was the first one, IIRC  to show up the brainy boys'  meanie side  and get them told off by Penny for bullying.  He certainly  put the hitherto 'underdogs'  in a different light. Whether Zack's  function as catalyst was intentional or co-incidental is hard to say. At the Thanksgiving when it turned out he and  Penny had been married he was more of a crisis.

interesting

Activity as predicted is starting to Decline. Natural with the show now over. This show has been such a massive part of my life. Since I was 18. My life was study watch Tbbt lol. And I don’t see it changing just because they have stopped production of the show.

But Emmy nominations released tomorrow. What’s the chances of a nomination? Friends won in 2002. And was nominated in its final season in 2004. Tbbt might, with the nostalgia of its final season. We’ll see. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Activity as predicted is starting to Decline. Natural with the show now over. This show has been such a massive part of my life. Since I was 18. My life was study watch Tbbt lol. And I don’t see it changing just because they have stopped production of the show.

But Emmy nominations released tomorrow. What’s the chances of a nomination? Friends won in 2002. And was nominated in its final season in 2004. Tbbt might, with the nostalgia of its final season. We’ll see. 

Activity has certainly waned and will no doubt continue to do so since there will be no more new episodes. Personally, while I still check the forums at least once daily, I haven't felt compelled to post anything in quite a while. In fact, I also haven't watched a single episode of TBBT since the finale. I see the show listed on my guide and think about watching but then decide there's no point. The show is over. What were once seen as parts of a greater whole; bits of an ongoing story; place keepers until the next chapter unfolds; are now just parts of a finished tale. The curtain has dropped; the book is closed; Porky has spoken; and, Howard has Vespa'd off into the sunset. Perhaps one day I'll be ready to re-visit the 12 year TBBT saga, but right now I have no interest.

It would be nice to see TBBT nominated for one, or more, Emmy's, but I'm not sure the Season 12 content truly warrants any such accolade. It was better than some of the prior seasons, but certainly nothing fantastic. 

Edited by HeWolf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Hope you are right.  It would be sweet to see them get a nomination for Best Comedy in their final season.  But, I tend to think if they do not get a nomination they might receive a special Emmy for their 12 year achievement. That would be satisfactory.  BTW, SDCC is this week and I don't believe any of the cast is attending but  WB/DC Universe has a panel for the Harley Quinn premiere.  Wonder if Kaley will attend

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

Activity has certainly waned and will no doubt continue to do so since there will be no more new episodes. Personally, while I still check the forums at least once daily, I haven't felt compelled to post anything in quite a while. In fact, I also haven't watched a single episode of TBBT since the finale. I see the show listed on my guide and think about watching but then decide there's no point. The show is over. What were once seen as parts of a greater whole; bits of an ongoing story; place keepers until the next chapter unfolds; are now just parts of a finished tale. The curtain has dropped; the book is closed; Porky has spoken; and, Howard has Vespa'd off into the sunset. Perhaps one day I'll be ready to re-visit the 12 year TBBT saga, but right now I have no interest.

It would be nice to see TBBT nominated for one, or more, Emmy's, but I'm not sure the Season 12 content truly warrants any such accolade. It was better than some of the prior seasons, but certainly nothing fantastic. 

I also check in once a day. (I used to do it twice.) I haven't watched it either. I am not a big TV watcher and have so much to do in the summer I don't usually watch TV anyway. When i do turn it on it's usually to toss a move into the DVD player. I did binge watch that 70's show when we were having rain every single day and I couldn't work outside or do any work on our house. I still think Raj is a descendant of Fez. I'd love to see TBBT nominated for an Emmy but I really didn't like much of the last season. The best thing I can say is it's better than season eight and that is not saying much.

• Like 2

Anyone know when season 12 bloopers come out?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sah said:

Anyone know when season 12 bloopers come out?

Usually (and legally) with the release date of the Season 12 on DVD/Blu-ray/iTunes...

gr_64.gif.7c63769c0c51c630cdbed3c46f87e4aa.gif

...and the friendly support of some YouTube rippers.  😁

Edited by veejay
  • Koala Face 1

51 minutes ago, veejay said:

Usually (and legally) with the release date of the Season 12 on DVD/Blu-ray/iTunes...

gr_64.gif.7c63769c0c51c630cdbed3c46f87e4aa.gif

...and the friendly support of some YouTube rippers.  😁

Ty

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I also check in once a day. (I used to do it twice.) I haven't watched it either. I am not a big TV watcher and have so much to do in the summer I don't usually watch TV anyway. When i do turn it on it's usually to toss a move into the DVD player. I did binge watch that 70's show when we were having rain every single day and I couldn't work outside or do any work on our house. I still think Raj is a descendant of Fez. I'd love to see TBBT nominated for an Emmy but I really didn't like much of the last season. The best thing I can say is it's better than season eight and that is not saying much.

I still check the email address where I receive notifications about the forum. I have yet to shake off the habit of expecting to hear what's planned for the upcoming season. Something that's niggling me about the last season is Amy's immediate response of 'Sounds expensive' to  Raj's suggestion of sprucing herself up. Raj reminded her she had just won pots of money. The idea of affordability doesn't make sense to me.

Now we know Amy loved a bargain when it came to clothes,but she was often seen wearing things she hadn't had on before so she must have been accustomed to buying new from time to time. She also had new glasses occasionally. She had a good job, a husband who also had one, and lived in a tiny apartment. The idea that she'd think twice about paying for a haircut seems very odd. Surely it can't just have been the writers' ploy to get a laugh out of what Sheldon wanted to buy ? 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I still check the email address where I receive notifications about the forum. I have yet to shake off the habit of expecting to hear what's planned for the upcoming season. Something that's niggling me about the last season is Amy's immediate response of 'Sounds expensive' to  Raj's suggestion of sprucing herself up. Raj reminded her she had just won pots of money. The idea of affordability doesn't make sense to me.

Now we know Amy loved a bargain when it came to clothes,but she was often seen wearing things she hadn't had on before so she must have been accustomed to buying new from time to time. She also had new glasses occasionally. She had a good job, a husband who also had one, and lived in a tiny apartment. The idea that she'd think twice about paying for a haircut seems very odd. Surely it can't just have been the writers' ploy to get a laugh out of what Sheldon wanted to buy ? 

That is one thing that bothered me in the last few seasons, the writers were either having a hard time writing, lazy or got so comfortable in their jobs that they just went for the one time laugh and threw canon and even common sense out the window.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SRAM said:

That is one thing that bothered me in the last few seasons, the writers were either having a hard time writing, lazy or got so comfortable in their jobs that they just went for the one time laugh and threw canon and even common sense out the window.  

Agree, but it goes far beyond the 'last few seasons'. The writers struggled for twelve seasons to maintain any adherence to established canon. Possible examples probably run into the hundreds.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I agree with this, totally.

40 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

Possible examples probably run into the hundreds.

I could come up with quite a few for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I agree with this, totally.

I could come up with quite a few for sure.

Agreed! Everyone should know my opinion on those writers by now!

• Like 1