The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

On 7/15/2019 at 2:21 PM, 3ku11 said:

[...] Emmy nominations released tomorrow. What’s the chances of a nomination? Friends won in 2002. And was nominated in its final season in 2004. Tbbt might, with the nostalgia of its final season. We’ll see. 

From tvline.com

Emmys 2019: The Big Bang Theory's Series Finale Snags Nomination

Longtime Big Bang Theory director Mark Cendrowski landed an Emmy nomination for his work in the CBS comedy’s series finale. It was the sitcom’s sole major Emmy nomination.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From etonline.com

Watch 'Big Bang Theory' Cast Film the Very Last Take of the Beloved Sitcom (Exclusive)

- video in the link above - ⬆️

The beloved CBS sitcom bid farewell in May after 12 seasons and ET has an exclusive look at the very candid behind-the-scenes moment that made Kaley Cuoco, Johnny Galecki and creator Chuck Lorre tear up. 

In the clip, Lorre begins to get visibly emotional up as he slates the last take filmed in front of a studio audience. The scene on hand features Penny (Cuoco) and Leonard (Galecki) in a hotel room delivering their lines before Galecki gets choked up and apologizes.

1242911076001_6059929989001_605992736700

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Not surprised by the Emmy news. The last few seasons just have not been good. But Jim Parson's will always have his four to remember the show by.

8 hours ago, luminous said:

In the clip, Lorre begins to get visibly emotional up as he slates the last take filmed in front of a studio audience. The scene on hand features Penny (Cuoco) and Leonard (Galecki) in a hotel room delivering their lines before Galecki gets choked up and apologizes

The clip won't work for me. I wonder why.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Not surprised by the Emmy news. The last few seasons just have not been good. But Jim Parson's will always have his four to remember the show by.

The clip won't work for me. I wonder why.

Yep, I feel like nominations would have been undeserved. If you are judging it in the confines of just a season it wasn’t Emmy worthy, nominations would have been largely driven by past glories and nostalgia.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Yep, I feel like nominations would have been undeserved. If you are judging it in the confines of just a season it wasn’t Emmy worthy, nominations would have been largely driven by past glories and nostalgia.

That has happened before, in the past, when the academy final decides to recognize something that they had ignored before.  A perfect example happened during the run of the show.  Bob Newhart won his Emmy, basically, for his previous work, that had been ignored.  

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

On 7/16/2019 at 11:57 AM, chucky said:

Agreed! Everyone should know my opinion on those writers by now!

Here is a query to keep interested:  Loved to see Penny barefoot when sitting on the couch or chair. Can anyone name the episodes in which she does this? I have a couple off the top of my head:  S3 E22 "Staircase Implementation"  Actually, she is painting her toenails with Leonard in this scene,   S6 E2 "Decoupling Fluctuation" when she is sitting with Leonard and thinking about breaking up with him,  S7 E12 "Hesitation Ramification" after her scene gets cut in NCIS, S8 E2 "Junior Professor Solution" when she is being tested for her job by Bernadette.  If anyone else can think of others will be glad to hear it.

D'arcy Carden didn't get a nomination for her work in the latest srasom of "The Good Place" so even if this were the best BBT season I wouldn't have been surprised.

(And no it wasn't the best season at all...)

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

D'arcy Carden didn't get a nomination for her work in the latest srasom of "The Good Place" so even if this were the best BBT season I wouldn't have been surprised.
(And no it wasn't the best season at all...)

I was hoping that Johnny would get a nomination. His performances in episode 12.21 and especially 12.22 were really highlights of the season. At long last Leonard drawing a line in the sand at work, maybe not getting what he wanted, but did gain respect and a sense of his worth to CalTech with the counter-offer. Also the truce with his mom. Again Leonard standing his ground. Both of these instances with support from his wife. Again, high points of the season. Even the last several seasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 5
  • Leonard Cupid 1

3 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I was hoping that Johnny would get a nomination. His performances in episode 12.21 and especially 12.22 were really highlights of the season. At long last Leonard drawing a line in the sand at work, maybe not getting what he wanted, but did gain respect and a sense of his worth to CalTech with the counter-offer. Also the truce with his mom. Again Leonard standing his ground. Both of these instances with support from his wife. Again, high points of the season. Even the last several seasons.

Sent from my iPad usying Tapatalk

Totally agreed.

20 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

So true!

20 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Here is a query to keep interested:  Loved to see Penny barefoot when sitting on the couch or chair.

She was so disgusting when she was buffing her feet in the living room.  It made me gag.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

She was so disgusting when she was buffing her feet in the living room.  It made me gag.

It didn't bother Howard as he showed her the proper way to buff her feet. Something he learned buffing his mom's feet!  :sungum:

4 hours ago, veejay said:

As a self-proclaimed "Desperate Believer of Cornfield-Penny" I would like to make this well articulated find available to the community for critical consideration.  😀

So, if you are wanting to create a winning team, make sure that you have a "Penny in your thoughts!"

nw_205.gif.01132f7ecc7806d5e4fa641bc59d921e.gif

I'd add that delegation was a vital skill : Penny turned the online find of Sheldon's 'friend who's a girl' by his other nerdy friends into girlfriend and wife material, thus passing the torch.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

True, that was not one of her best scenes!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I'd add that delegation was a vital skill : Penny turned the online find of Sheldon's 'friend who's a girl' by his other nerdy friends into girlfriend and wife material, thus passing the torch.

I like your thinking. 😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chucky said:

Totally agreed.

I don’t believe any of them did their best work in season 12 , they just didn’t  have the material to work with.  I do think Johnny was able to show some of his range in the last few episodes but I am not sure it was much of a stretch for him.  He was more deserving in earlier seasons or for David’s comeback in Roseanne/conners.  I am not sure how I feel about Jim,s final speech.  It was okay but just a bunch ofSheldon. Anyway these are the cable/streaming awards now so no surprises.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

I don’t believe any of them did their best work in season 12 , they just didn’t  have the material to work with.  I do think Johnny was able to show some of his range in the last few episodes but I am not sure it was much of a stretch for him.  He was more deserving in earlier seasons or for David’s comeback in Roseanne/conners.  I am not sure how I feel about Jim,s final speech.  It was okay but just a bunch ofSheldon. Anyway these are the cable/streaming awards now so no surprises.

I totally agree here as well!

• Like 1

Here's some kinda, sorta Emmy news.  Tripper sent it to me today.  

https://t.co/wrX5uoh7QT

Some of this sounds very similar to conversations (here and other places) about OITNB and their comedy award.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Here's some kinda, sorta Emmy news.  Tripper sent it to me today.  

https://t.co/wrX5uoh7QT

Some of this sounds very similar to conversations (here and other places) about OITNB and their comedy award.  

A very true and accurate analysis from Ken Levine.   He is right the Emmys have become a joke because the same shows keep getting nominated and there is so much diversity of shows to watch. I have said in the past that there should be now two sets of awards; one for cable/streaming and one for network tv.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

there should be now two sets of awards; one for cable/streaming and one for network tv.

So very true.

21 hours ago, chucky said:

It didn't bother Howard as he showed her the proper way to buff her feet. Something he learned buffing his mom's feet!

The mental image of Howard buffing his mom's feet also bothers me.