The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

They should have Penny become pregnant as a result of her trying to,sabotage Leonard’s donating to Zack and Mrs. Johnson (yikes! I can’t even remember her name!). That way they could of had Penny’s water break during Sheldon’s Nobel speech!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

hey should have Penny become pregnant as a result of her trying to,sabotage Leonard’s donating to Zack and Mrs. Johnson (yikes! I can’t even remember her name!). That way they could of had Penny’s water break during Sheldon’s Nobel speech!

Her name was Marisa, I think,.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Her name was Marisa, I think,.

I think so as well. Only thing I know for sure is it started with a M.  ☺️

4 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

They should have Penny become pregnant as a result of her trying to,sabotage Leonard’s donating to Zack and Mrs. Johnson (yikes! I can’t even remember her name!). That way they could of had Penny’s water break during Sheldon’s Nobel speech!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would have been absolutely perfect!

Just watched the last 5 mins of Tbbt again. I’m crying! Lol. But gotta say hell of a finalie. They had a last good one. For a show that has been ridiculed mercilessly for years. The irony of course a show like GOT that was critically praised for years. Well be remembered for that bad last finalie. I guess last impressions mean everything. And Tbbt left a last good impression. 

This speech from Sheldon. Was Jim Parsons at his best. The most beautiful thing. Was by the end Spock became human. The way he finally acknowledged that not for his friends he would of not be where he is. To see Leonard finnalky get recognised was great. And the last final scene. With the slowed down Acoustic Version of Barenaked Ladies. Was beautiful. Left the show on an somber, but uplifting note. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Just watched the last 5 mins of Tbbt again. I’m crying! Lol. But gotta say hell of a finalie. They had a last good one. For a show that has been ridiculed mercilessly for years. The irony of course a show like GOT that was critically praised for years. Well be remembered for that bad last finalie. I guess last impressions mean everything. And Tbbt left a last good impression. 

This speech from Sheldon. Was Jim Parsons at his best. The most beautiful thing. Was by the end Spock became human. The way he finally acknowledged that not for his friends he would of not be where he is. To see Leonard finnalky get recognised was great. And the last final scene. With the slowed down Acoustic Version of Barenaked Ladies. Was beautiful. Left the show on an somber, but uplifting note. 

So true A brilliant and fitting ending to a great show

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

So true A brilliant and fitting ending to a great show

Agreed

5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Was beautiful. Left the show on an somber, but uplifting note. 

Very true. 

And that clip is the most TBBT I've seen since the finale aired. 

Wife asked the other night why I don't watch TBBT anymore. Only answer I could give was, "It's over."

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HeWolf said:

Very true. 

Wife asked the other night why I don't watch TBBT anymore. Only answer I could give was, "It's over."

Yeah it's over, but there are times it's the only thing worth watching on TV. But then, there are several Season 8 Episodes that I will not watch for any reason whatsoever!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, chucky said:

Yeah it's over, but there are times it's only thing worth watching on TV. But then, there are several Season 8 Episodes that I will not watch for any reason whatsoever!

Agreed. Not just Season 8, though. There are several episodes I will not watch. Speckerman Recurrence tops the list.

6 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

Agreed. Not just Season 8, though. There are several episodes I will not watch. Speckerman Recurrence tops the list.

Also throw in Season 11 as well. I believe Season's 8, 11 and some of 12 were a complete waste of time. That's my humble opinion.

4 hours ago, HeWolf said:

Very true. 

And that clip is the most TBBT I've seen since the finale aired. 

My mom asked me that lol. I indiscriminately watch my fav episodes. But recent stuff comes on. I don’t know I have a sense of indifference to it now. Show ended. Watched the show since I was 19. Show was a big part of my life. But yeah it’s over. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I indiscriminately watch my fav episodes.

Me as well. 2 of my favorite episodes are 10/9 The Geology Elevation and 11/18 The Gates Excitation. Sheldon hurts himself in one and gets fooled in the other one.

Edited by chucky

5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

My mom asked me that lol. I indiscriminately watch my fav episodes. But recent stuff comes on. I don’t know I have a sense of indifference to it now. Show ended. Watched the show since I was 19. Show was a big part of my life. But yeah it’s over. 

I have an indifference to some episodes as well.  But it is still summer and there are many reruns for shows so there is not much else to watch besides baseball. When the new season begins it maybe a different story.

I don't feel much like rewatching right now. I sometimes will take a look if an episode is on, but I won't put one on myself. Maybe when some time has passed... Although I am up for rewatching Crazy Ex Girlfriend, which also ended this year. I guess it depends on the kind of show... With Friends I would have times when I would rewatch a lot, then get somewhat tired of it, then it would "come back" to me, and I'd rewatch again. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bfm said:

I don't feel much like rewatching right now. I sometimes will take a look if an episode is on, but I won't put one on myself. Maybe when some time has passed... Although I am up for rewatching Crazy Ex Girlfriend, which also ended this year. I guess it depends on the kind of show... With Friends I would have times when I would rewatch a lot, then get somewhat tired of it, then it would "come back" to me, and I'd rewatch again. 

Seems weird, but, yeah...

• Like 2

How I met your mother was also one of favs. I always shipped Ted and Robin like Lenny. I’ve gone back to that show too. But theirs a sense of anti-climatism I think when a show ends. When I watched the series finale of Friends in 2004. I never thought I would watch the show again. But I did. Prob due to The Digital Media age ha.

I guess their is always a chance of a reunion or a spinoff. But I’m kinda hoping it never happens with this series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

I'll watch an episode now and then on TBS, not as much for the story but to have a "visit' with the characters. I do miss that crazy bunch!

That's because they were real and we don't want to accept the fact they're gone.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

I'll watch an episode now and then on TBS, not as much for the story but to have a "visit' with the characters. I do miss that crazy bunch!

1 minute ago, joyceraye said:

That's because they were real and we don't want to accept the fact they're gone.

For me personally there were a couple of years I struggled with depression hard and having the early seasons to watch on DVD were a welcome break in those days. Touchstones like that are important when the mental oppression is catching you. I’m grateful this series was there (incl. that forum with all its members) when I needed it and grateful I don’t need it like that anymore.

Right now, I'm having a hard time watching any episodes. Too close is the "pain of separation" and the associated processing.
But I'm on the right track, I guess. 🙂

gr_30.gif.2a3f0d490e2f030f017358375e8b3015.gif

• Like 7

1 hour ago, veejay said:

For me personally there were a couple of years I struggled with depression hard and having the early seasons to watch on DVD were a welcome break in those days. Touchstones like that are important when the mental oppression is catching you. I’m grateful this series was there (incl. that forum with all its members) when I needed it and grateful I don’t need it like that anymore.

Right now, I'm having a hard time watching any episodes. Too close is the "pain of separation" and the associated processing.
But I'm on the right track, I guess. 🙂

gr_30.gif.2a3f0d490e2f030f017358375e8b3015.gif

Many of us were helped through hard times by TBBT. I was having chemo and radiation when I started watching. It was great to laugh out loud at the crazy antics of the lovable nerds and have a break from a very scary time.  I became totally obsessed with the Lenny back and forth love affair. Maybe the writing wasn't always great or even good sometimes but the actors made these characters their own. As Joyce said "...they were real...". For me," the sum of the whole was greater than all the parts" because of the amazingly talented actors. If I got one good Lenny scene in a mediocre episode, I was happy!❤️❤️❤️

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Many of us were helped through hard times by TBBT. I was having chemo and radiation when I started watching. It was great to laugh out loud at the crazy antics of the lovable nerds and have a break from a very scary time.  I became totally obsessed with the Lenny back and forth love affair. Maybe the writing wasn't always great or even good sometimes but the actors made these characters their own. As Joyce said "...they were real...". For me," the sum of the whole was greater than all the parts" because of the amazingly talented actors. If I got one good Lenny scene in a mediocre episode, I was happy!❤️❤️❤️

I can feel you. And the real questions were asked...

n_042.gif.821a714f0aa4096747232af84c755675.gif

🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

2 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

How could you not love them!!??:giverose:

So True!     :sungum:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, veejay said:

I can feel you. And the real questions were asked...

n_042.gif.821a714f0aa4096747232af84c755675.gif

🙂

I hope they paid him extra to wear that in the episode!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2