The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Posted (edited)

I’m  missing them all right now also.  It’s back to school time and I associate that with excitement both for a new school year and a new season. Feeling a bit melancholy...

Edited by Shamyyes
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

How could you not love them!!??

Very easily. But I can't get into my DVDs either right now. Not even season six, which I adore. But this has happened to me with other shows at least six times, so I'm coping because I know the feeling will pass and someday I will be able to look at them again.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, chucky said:

I hope they paid him extra to wear that in the episode!

Paid him extra!!!??? He paid them! :)

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, chucky said:

I hope they paid him extra to wear that in the episode!

What was disappointing was that they did not show any bloopers from this scene in gag reel.  I so wanted to see Kaley's actual reaction to Johnny in lingerie

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

What was disappointing was that they did not show any bloopers from this scene in gag reel.  I so wanted to see Kaley's actual reaction to Johnny in lingerie

That would have been hilarious!

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Very easily. But I can't get into my DVDs either right now. Not even season six, which I adore. But this has happened to me with other shows at least six times, so I'm coping because I know the feeling will pass and someday I will be able to look at them again.

Yeah. You've mentioned that a few times:girlhaha:  Sorry, lost my head and thought I was on the Lenny Thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

Paid him extra!!!??? He paid them! :)

I doubt that very seriously!

Posted (edited)

Interestingly, since the show ended my fic is getting a bit more traffic. I thought it would be the other way around. I also heard something similar from another fanfic writer, so I think it may be a general trend. I guess people miss seeing the gang do new stuff. 

I kinda wish Prady would open a secret FF account and write something haha I don't really know who would write things I'd like, but I liked the way things were going when he was showrunner so I'd place my bet on him

Edited by bfm
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Interestingly, since the show ended my fic is getting a bit more traffic. I thought it would be the other way around. I also heard something similar from another fanfic writer, so I think it may be a general trend. I guess people miss seeing the gang do new stuff. 
I kinda wish Prady would open a secret FF account and write something haha I don't really know who would write things I'd like, but I liked the way things were going when he was showrunner so I'd place my bet on him

I always thought Bill P saw himself as a sort of Leonard type. I could be projecting a bit , but I think that was why Dr. H’s treatment was better in
earlier pre/Molaro times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Shamyyes said:

I’m  missing them all right now also.  It’s back to school time and I associate that with excitement both for a new school year and a new season. Feeling a bit melancholy...

With the autumn sensation in the air and back-to-school adverts in shops and all over the net, I was missing them and decided to get back to a fan fiction I'd been writing in stages last summer, but somehow the first three documents, covering several chapters, have just disappeared. I can't even find back-ups. Some evil enemy from Sheldon's list must have hacked into my computers. I can't think of another explanation.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

With the autumn sensation in the air and back-to-school adverts in shops and all over the net, I was missing them and decided to get back to a fan fiction I'd been writing in stages last summer, but somehow the first three documents, covering several chapters, have just disappeared. I can't even find back-ups. Some evil enemy from Sheldon's list must have hacked into my computers. I can't think of another explanation.

There are some folks on that list who could do it.  😊

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

We have a channel that shows nothing but US sitcoms. There are several TBBT episodes a day and I save them. The TV also gets Netflix so I don't need to dig out old recordings if there isn't something in particular I want in the saved box. I find I do need my fix at least once a day. I miss them too much.  I like to say 'goodnight' to all those friends too, regardless of which episode's being shown. I've never bothered buying DVDs.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, joyceraye said:

We have a channel that shows nothing but US sitcoms. There are several TBBT episodes a day and I save them. The TV also gets Netflix so I don't need to dig out old recordings if there isn't something in particular I want in the saved box. I find I do need my fix at least once a day. I miss them too much.  I like to say 'goodnight' to all those friends too, regardless of which episode's being shown. I've never bothered buying DVDs.

We have WTBS out of Hotlanta, GA. They give us, Friends, TBBT and Broolklyn Nine Nine. They also give us an assortment of animated shows.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2019 at 11:44 PM, Die Zimtzicke said:

After Friends ended in 2004, I went to highschool and moved on with my life. Diddn't see the show for years. Until things slowed down a bit, and I caught it on TV when it started playing re runs again. And of course Netflix. 

Same with TBBT I am betting. Their is a sense of anti-climatism with a shows end. It is a weird, melancholy feeling. When you've watched a show for over a decade. Then suddenly thats it. I remember feeling that way when Two and a half men ended too. Was one of my favs before TBBT debuted in 2007. But I Feel when the show ends. The community is still their, and as along as you can find away to stay in the fandom. IF it is posting etc. You maintain that connection. A show never really dies. 

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

After Friends ended in 2004, I went to highschool and moved on with my life. Diddn't see the show for years. Until things slowed down a bit, and I caught it on TV when it started playing re runs again. And of course Netflix. 

Same with TBBT I am betting. Their is a sense of anti-climatism with a shows end. It is a weird, melancholy feeling. When you've watched a show for over a decade. Then suddenly thats it. I remember feeling that way when Two and a half men ended too. Was one of my favs before TBBT debuted in 2007. But I Feel when the show ends. The community is still their, and as along as you can find away to stay in the fandom. IF it is posting etc. You maintain that connection. A show never really dies. 

Agreed!

5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

The first one for me was Dark Shadows. I was just lost after that one. My friends and I all ran home from school to catch it and talked about it constantly. There were no video players then. I was mad for months when Soap ended because the cast had been so great and the ending was so stupid. When my kids were small all of my friends watched Scarecrow and Mrs. King and we talked and talked and talked about it.  never watched Friends but I do understand about Two and a Half Men.

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

The first one for me was Dark Shadows.

Yeah, I loved Jonathon Frid as Barnabas Collins. Also loved Barney Miller and All in the Family. These next three shows will definitely date my age, Emergency, Adam-12 and Dragnet.

• Like 4

Yeah, I loved Jonathon Frid as Barnabas Collins. Also loved Barney Miller and All in the Family. These next three shows will definitely date my age, Emergency, Adam-12 and Dragnet.

We are of a similar age@chucky . All those shows were on our television in the ‘70’s! The only thing is, when I see them now, they seem so, so dated. I don’t think I could watch them regularly. My brother-in-law watches a lot of ‘70’s television shows on some cable channel. When we visit I get an overload! That isn’t true for me of shows from the 60’s or ‘90’s. Just the ‘70’s! I wonder how I’ll view TBBT after a few years? (Still watching at least one episode a day!)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

We are of a similar age@chucky . All those shows were on our television in the ‘70’s! The only thing is, when I see them now, they seem so, so dated. I don’t think I could watch them regularly. My brother-in-law watches a lot of ‘70’s television shows on some cable channel. When we visit I get an overload! That isn’t true for me of shows from the 60’s or ‘90’s. Just the ‘70’s! I wonder how I’ll view TBBT after a few years? (Still watching at least one episode a day!)

I watch Dragnet because I like the deadpan way that Jack Webb and Harry Morgan delivered their lines. Emergency always had a lot of action mixed in with the comedy. All in the Family and Barney Miller had excellent casts. 

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, chucky said:

I was watching Barney Miller last night. The one where the cop priest came to talk to Barney about his separation from Liz.  I loved that show. I also watch The Saint and That 70's Show reruns regularly.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I also watch The Saint

The original or the ones with Roger Moore?

23 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

I am with the both of you  This will probably date me even older but my favorite shows were mostly the westerns: Bonanza, Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, Paladin:Have Gun, Will Travel and my favorite Josh Randall: Dead or Alive  I have a 10 pack dvd of this show of the whole series

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I am with the both of you  This will probably date me even older but my favorite shows were mostly the westerns: Bonanza, Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, Paladin:Have Gun, Will Travel and my favorite Josh Randall: Dead or Alive  I have a 10 pack dvd of this show of the whole series

Don't forget Cheyenne, Sugar foot, Maverick or Death Valley Days!  :sungum:

• Like 3