The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, chucky said:

Don't forget Cheyenne, Sugar foot, Maverick or Death Valley Days!  :sungum:

And The Rebel (Nick Adams)  Tales of Wells Fargo (Dale Robertson)

• Like 1

Bat Masterson and Wild Bill Hickcock, Laredo and The Sons of Will Sonnet.

• Like 1

Tonight would have probably been the first taping night for season 13.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

I was reading the news and watching some craziness out of some confab in France. It made me think about snowflakes. Then it made me think of a particular snowflake [#].  I had flashed back to the return from the North Pole.

*sigh* 

Edit: #that word has sort of been ruined (*deeper sigh*)

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 6
  • Leonard Cupid 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

a particular snowflake.

Ahhhh, "The Snowfkake"! Followed by "The Heart Shaped Locket", which she continued to wear til the end of the show.  :sungum:

Edited by chucky
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, chucky said:

The original or the ones with Roger Moore?

Roger Moore. I love Roger Moore. Giving it more thought I also really mourned the end of The Man from UNCLE.

21 hours ago, chucky said:

Don't forget Cheyenne, Sugar foot, Maverick or Death Valley Days!  

Ah, faces come back to me now from Death Valley Days...Ronald Reagan, Rory Calhoun, Stother Martin, Robert Taylor, and don't forget 20 Mule Team Borax!

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Roger Moore. I love Roger Moore. Giving it more thought I also really mourned the end of The Man from UNCLE.

Ah, faces come back to me now from Death Valley Days...Ronald Reagan, Rory Calhoun, Stother Martin, Robert Taylor, and don't forget 20 Mule Team Borax!

Yeah, the good ol' days!!

21 hours ago, chucky said:

Bat Masterson and Wild Bill Hickcock, Laredo and The Sons of Will Sonnet.

And The Virginian (James Drury),  Lawman (William Russell)

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Roger Moore. I love Roger Moore.

The replacer! He has replaced at least 2 maybe 3 stars in series and movies. I know he replaced Sean Connery as 007 and then the saint!

We got the Young Sheldon season premiere press release today and, for the first time in twelve years, no The Big Bang Theory release.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ba3fee7de31ab4d4e3

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Tripper said:

We got the Young Sheldon season premiere press release today and, for the first time in twelve years, no The Big Bang Theory release.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ba3fee7de31ab4d4e3

Dont watch young sheldon

its going to be interesting to see how the ratings will go for young Sheldon  because i think they are really going to drop i think cbs is in for a big fall this year 

• Like 1

Just watching Season 7. And I’m on Scavenger Hunt Vortex one of the greats. Season 7 close to my fav season from this series. Made me appreciate Amy and Bernadette. Their influence on Penny was underestimated. Without them not sure Leonard and Penny would of made it. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Just watching Season 7. And I’m on Scavenger Hunt Vortex one of the greats. Season 7 close to my fav season from this series. Made me appreciate Amy and Bernadette. Their influence on Penny was underestimated. Without them not sure Leonard and Penny would of made it. 

I like six best, but the strongest part of season seven was the development you describe.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I like six best, but the strongest part of season seven was the development you describe.

I have to agree. Season 6 was my favorite as well. The development in Penny was evident in Season 6!

• Like 2

On 8/28/2019 at 6:35 AM, Die Zimtzicke said:

Funny I just recently binge watched my DVDs of the three and a half seasons of The Man from U.N.C.L.E.  and it's spin-off The Girl from...

So did you crush on Illya or Napoleon?

17 hours ago, Cereal Apist said:

So did you crush on Illya or Napoleon?

Oh, Illya for sure. I loved David McCallum dearly and I have to admit, he's aged well and is still fun to watch. I would do almost anything for a DVD of "Mother Love", the British mini series he did with Diana Rigg but I can't find one anywhere. I think I still have some of the U.N.C.L.E. paperback stories in my basement somewhere.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

On 8/27/2019 at 6:41 PM, Mario D. said:

And The Rebel (Nick Adams)  Tales of Wells Fargo (Dale Robertson)

I remember Wells Fargo ! I don't know how old the series was when it hit our telly. We got one in 1957. A second channel had been recently introduced and for a few years we had a lot of bought-in American programmes. Annie Oakley was the first one I remember. I loved that ! Later we had Boots and Saddles, Gun Law (aka 'Gunsmoke') Wagon Train, Cheyenne, Bonanza and Maverick.  My father liked those. There was something called The Roaring Twenties but I can't remember when that was on. It could have been after I'd left school, as could The Beverly Hillbillies.  We had a BBC  sitcom series called 'Till Death Us Do Part'  which ran for 33  years under different names.  It was bought by an American company, remade  in a milder, gentler form as 'All In the Family'  and resold to us.  :) 

Just before I left home, Star Trek began splitting its infinitives all over the universe and BBC ( or ITV ?)  Star Trek is the only  American series that I've heard of that the TBBT crowd refer to. I saw hardly any episodes of that. I have made a few attempts  to watch Star Wars but I've not made it through any episodes yet. I can't figure out whether it's supposed to be a comedy or what.

• Like 3

On 8/26/2019 at 8:31 AM, chucky said:

I watch Dragnet because I like the deadpan way that Jack Webb and Harry Morgan delivered their lines. Emergency always had a lot of action mixed in with the comedy. All in the Family and Barney Miller had excellent casts. 

I am a lot younger than you and I really like watching Dragnet. It has become one of my favorite. I much prefer the older classic detective and cops shows from the 50's-70s than the ones airing now.  

On 8/27/2019 at 7:45 AM, Mario D. said:

I am with the both of you  This will probably date me even older but my favorite shows were mostly the westerns: Bonanza, Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, Paladin:Have Gun, Will Travel and my favorite Josh Randall: Dead or Alive  I have a 10 pack dvd of this show of the whole series

On 9/1/2019 at 9:54 AM, joyceraye said:

I remember Wells Fargo ! I don't know how old the series was when it hit our telly. We got one in 1957. A second channel had been recently introduced and for a few years we had a lot of bought-in American programmes. Annie Oakley was the first one I remember. I loved that ! Later we had Boots and Saddles, Gun Law (aka 'Gunsmoke') Wagon Train, Cheyenne, Bonanza and Maverick.  My father liked those. There was something called The Roaring Twenties but I can't remember when that was on. It could have been after I'd left school, as could The Beverly Hillbillies.  We had a BBC  sitcom series called 'Till Death Us Do Part'  which ran for 33  years under different names.  It was bought by an American company, remade  in a milder, gentler form as 'All In the Family'  and resold to us.  :) 

Just before I left home, Star Trek began splitting its infinitives all over the universe and BBC ( or ITV ?)  Star Trek is the only  American series that I've heard of that the TBBT crowd refer to. I saw hardly any episodes of that. I have made a few attempts  to watch Star Wars but I've not made it through any episodes yet. I can't figure out whether it's supposed to be a comedy or what.

I enjoy watching watching the westerns especially Gunsmoke and Bonanza.   On Saturday and Sunday there is  two TV Channels that show different Westerns all day from Morning to Night.  That usually half of my Saturday TV Viewing.

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 2

Just now, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I much prefer the older classic detective and cops shows from the 50's-70s than the ones airing now.  

I totally agree!

• Like 3

I much prefer watching the Classics from the 1950s-1980s then most of what is on the air now.  A lot of my favorite TV Shows are from those eras. I was watching a few episodes of Andy Griffith show the other day and was ins stitches from start to finish.  Couldn't stop laughing 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I much prefer watching the Classics from the 1950s-1980s then most of what is on the air now.  A lot of my favorite tV Shows are form those eras. I was watching a few episodes of Andy Griffith show the other day and was ins stitches form start to finish.  Couldn't stop laughing 

Car 54, Where are You, Amos and Andy as well as The Untouchables.  We can't forget the comedy shows, Abbott and Costello, The Three Stooges, The Marx Brothers and others.  One of my favorite radio shows was Lum and Abner.

• Like 2

Tbbt Mark Cendrowski talks about the possibilities of more Tbbt spinoffs down the line. Basic excerpts; ‘I think the idea of letting things percolate a little, and you don’t want to cash in.’ That doesn’t mean that won’t happen and, in a couple of years, maybe it’s a character or a couple of characters that catch up within a couple of years. Who knows if it will happen. I wouldn’t be a betting man on that, and I don’t know one way or the other. 

Maybe 5 years down the track might be talk of bringing a couple of characters back. I don’t know Watch this space 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/03/big-bang-theory-director-teases-future-spin-offs-plenty-explore-10674950/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Tbbt Mark Cendrowski talks about the possibilities of more Tbbt spinoffs down the line. Basic excerpts; ‘I think the idea of letting things percolate a little, and you don’t want to cash in.’ That doesn’t mean that won’t happen and, in a couple of years, maybe it’s a character or a couple of characters that catch up within a couple of years. Who knows if it will happen. I wouldn’t be a betting man on that, and I don’t know one way or the other. 

Maybe 5 years down the track might be talk of bringing a couple of characters back. I don’t know Watch this space 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/03/big-bang-theory-director-teases-future-spin-offs-plenty-explore-10674950/

I'd be surprised if they revived anything BBT in the next 5 years.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, vonmar said:

I'd be surprised if they revived anything BBT in the next 5 years.

I would hope five, cause 10 years might, or might not, be pushing it for me.  😉

• Like 3