Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, chucky said:

But the bun wasn't in the oven then. Johnny's been in and out of serious relationships. Kaley did it before and who says she couldn't do it again. But this is all moot as Jim made the decision and Chuck ended the show. Your opinion is your opinion and my opinion is mine. There's no proving either opinion, other than Johnny gives an answer to that question in an interview. Personally, I don't believe that will happen!

Johnny and Kaley are professional actors, but don't you think at some point they might have felt that they were being pushed to secondary status as Sheldon/Shamy were given the majority of the storylines. I know this is a moot point, but if they were to continue without  JP, would Johnny continue also with the rest of the cast? I believe he would have and not for any affection towards Kaley but not to disrupt the legacy of the show. Didn't Johnny and Kaley keep their romance a secret for that very reason and they did not want to entangle their lives with their characters. Although some will probably say with JP leaving doesn't that compromise TBBT legacy. I am sure it does but for a show to be successful it has to have viewers and ratings and I think it would have regardless who was in the cast or not.  This is just some Sunday morning ramblings of a retired person.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Johnny and Kaley are professional actors, but don't you think at some point they might have felt that they were being pushed to secondary status as Sheldon/Shamy were given the majority of the storylines. I know this is a moot point, but if they were to continue without  JP, would Johnny continue also with the rest of the cast? I believe he would have and not for any affection towards Kaley but not to disrupt the legacy of the show. Didn't Johnny and Kaley keep their romance a secret for that very reason and they did not want to entangle their lives with their characters. Although some will probably say with JP leaving doesn't that compromise TBBT legacy. I am sure it does but for a show to be successful it has to have viewers and ratings and I think it would have regardless who was in the cast or not.  This is just some Sunday morning ramblings of a retired person.

I believe that if he did revise his role as Leonard, it would have to be Lenny specific as he will not do a reboot of TBBT without Jim. But a Lenny spin off could be doable with possible cameos by Jim. I guess we'll have to wait and see.  :sungum:

Edited by chucky
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, chucky said:

I believe that if he did revise his role as Leonard, it would have to be Lenny specific as he will not do a reboot of TBBT without Jim. But a Lenny spin off could be doable with possible cameos by Jim. I guess we'll have to wait and see.  :sungum:

Yes  It may be possible within 2-3 years depending on their projects they are involved in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Yes  It may be possible within 2-3 years depending on their projects they are involved in.

It'll have to be soon, 'cos Johnny ain't no spring chicken anymore. 😊

Edited by chucky
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, chucky said:

But, he was talking about doing TBBT without Jim. A Lenny spin off without Sheldon could be doable. The show would be about Lenny without Sheldon. Jim could do cameos from time to time like Laurie did.

I didn't take it that way. I took it as the big three together again or nothing.

 

21 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Also, it's normal, from what they've said before, for the cast not all to keep in touch with one another during the summer as much as they used to.

This is not a normal summer though. I know they're busy but I thought they'd at least ask each how they are doing, what have they been doing, or tell Johnny that his baby reveal party was cute, or something. They know this time they are not getting back together in the fall, so it's not like a normal break.

19 hours ago, chucky said:

It'll have to soon, 'cos Johnny ain't no spring chicken anymore.

None of them are. And I don't think dealing with a newborn or chasing a toddler will make Johnny look better over the next couple of years. Those first few years can be frazzling.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I didn't take it that way. I took it as the big three together again or nothing.

Well, I guess we see it differently. I see no reason for Sheldon/Jim to be in a Lenny Show except in cameo appearances.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I didn't take it that way. I took it as the big three together again or nothing.

 

This is not a normal summer though. I know they're busy but I thought they'd at least ask each how they are doing, what have they been doing, or tell Johnny that his baby reveal party was cute, or something. They know this time they are not getting back together in the fall, so it's not like a normal break.

 

As I see it, Johnny said Jim or nothing--basically. You could call it a spin off but it would still just be TBBT without Jim. I don't think Johnny would go for it.

And I think most people voted for a Lenny spin off because most people know it was JP who spoke up and said he no longer wanted to continue so-- why would he do a spin off? 

It's strange, but I did see an interview with JP and he mentioned they were still texting each other so they are still talking, maybe what Kaley meant was they have not seen each other. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

They know this time they are not getting back together in the fall, so it's not like a normal break.

It might not have sunk in that they weren't seeing one another until the time came for the first table read. I was imagining it would be for them like that first summer after leaving school. Intellectually you know your time with your classmates is over, but it doesn't fully register. Sometimes, what with the distractions of your new life, it might even be the second year when it hits home. I'd like to think they're all still friends and they keep in touch from time to time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shell said:

As I see it, Johnny said Jim or nothing--basically. You could call it a spin off but it would still just be TBBT without Jim. I don't think Johnny would go for it.

And I think most people voted for a Lenny spin off because most people know it was JP who spoke up and said he no longer wanted to continue so-- why would he do a spin off? 

It's strange, but I did see an interview with JP and he mentioned they were still texting each other so they are still talking, maybe what Kaley meant was they have not seen each other. 

Interesting, but I still disagree with you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 9:06 AM, Die Zimtzicke said:

Johnny did say on instagram that he was up for at least a couple of seasons on the Connors, so spinoffs aren't his problem, just this one apparently. But maybe it's just too soon.

I like Johnny and enjoy his acting, but I hope he doesn't waste his talents on that dramedy playing a sad loser surrounded by even sadder losers. The spirit of that ensemble was Roseanne. She shot her mouth off and got fired. That ship should have been allowed to sink with her.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

The spirit of that ensemble was Roseanne. She shot her mouth off and got fired. That ship should have been allowed to sink with her.

Totally agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don:t agree at all and don’t miss Roseanne at all.  But just to be accurate Johnny am very sure  said he would be in a couple of episodes/stories and never said or implied on Instagram that he would be around for a couple of seasons or be a regular.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, shell said:

As I see it, Johnny said Jim or nothing--basically. You could call it a spin off but it would still just be TBBT without Jim. I don't think Johnny would go for it.

And I think most people voted for a Lenny spin off because most people know it was JP who spoke up and said he no longer wanted to continue so-- why would he do a spin off? 

It's strange, but I did see an interview with JP and he mentioned they were still texting each other so they are still talking, maybe what Kaley meant was they have not seen each other. 

I think what Kaley said in the interview is that it seems like a normal summer hiatus where they don't talk or see each other unless it is for something specific: press tour, endorsements, etc.  Although, I believe Johnny and Kaley were together with her sister just last week for a fundraising event that Johnny sponsored.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I think what Kaley said in the interview is that it seems like a normal summer hiatus where they don't talk or see each other unless it is for something specific: press tour, endorsements, etc.  Although, I believe Johnny and Kaley were together with her sister just last week for a fundraising event that Johnny sponsored.

True. At least they have kept in touch!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MsGreentea said:

I don:t agree at all and don’t miss Roseanne at all.  But just to be accurate Johnny am very sure  said he would be in a couple of episodes/stories and never said or implied on Instagram that he would be around for a couple of seasons or be a regular.  

I don't think he knows what he's doing with that yet. There have been conflicting statements. I don't think they've hashed out what kind of recurring we're talking about. He’s going to be more of a "regular" on The Conners, according to E! News Online.  He's going to be there on a recurring basis "as much as possible" according to what he said on tvline. (Link below) So who knows at this point. Maybe no one does yet.
https://tvline.com/2019/02/12/the-conners-season-2-johnny-galecki-returning-david/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I don't think he knows what he's doing with that yet. There have been conflicting statements. I don't think they've hashed out what kind of recurring we're talking about. He’s going to be more of a "regular" on The Conners, according to E! News Online.  He's going to be there on a recurring basis "as much as possible" according to what he said on tvline. (Link below) So who knows at this point. Maybe no one does yet.
https://tvline.com/2019/02/12/the-conners-season-2-johnny-galecki-returning-david/

To me it's moot, I don't watch The Connors as I didn't watch when Roseanne was on the show. I love watching Johnny act, but not enough to watch that show. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved Johnny as David. So I we’ll prob watch his appearance. But hey imagine if Tbbt returned 15 odd years later. And say Jim Parsons made a racist comment (I know Jim would never). And they fired him. And made a new show. Life After Sheldon. Second thought. I would watch the hell out of that 819300862_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.0a96dbe7d35148e348d8bbf3dbab5a16.pnglol. Point is it’s a crazy change. Some times they really should just leaves shows be. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I loved Johnny as David. So I we’ll prob watch his appearance. But hey imagine if Tbbt returned 15 odd years later. And say Jim Parsons made a racist comment (I know Jim would never). And they fired him. And made a new show. Life After Sheldon. Second thought. I would watch the hell out of that 819300862_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.0a96dbe7d35148e348d8bbf3dbab5a16.pnglol. Point is it’s a crazy change. Some times they really should just leaves shows be. 

 

Movies should be left alone as well. There are way too many redo's of movies.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, chucky said:

Movies should be left alone as well. There are way too many redo's of movies.

I totally agree with this. And most of them are not as good as the original. I can think of a few exceptions, but not many.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Die Zimtzicke said:

I totally agree with this. And most of them are not as good as the original. I can think of a few exceptions, but not many.

My thoughts exactly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone looking to buy the blu Ray? On -Amazon has ya currently at $320 preorder. Bit to expensive for me at this Stage. But maybe. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.