Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Tensor said:

Thank you to all for the birthday wishes.  It was my Beatle's birthday. 

 

 

Yeah, on my birthday last week, my wife woke me up with " When I'm 64" by the Beatles. I laughed my butt off. :sungum:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, hokie3457 said:

Add my "darn it!" to the list.  Sorry to be late @veejay .  Hoping all is well with you and that you had a splendid day.  I really miss this forum!!!!

I had the date right, but posted it on a different thread!   😢

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well interesting thing, my children and other family and friends are calling me to make sure my wife and I wasn't on base at NAS Pensacola due to a shooting on base. I hear the shooter was shot and killed while nine people were injured. 

As of now, there are 4 confirmed dead and 8 wounded!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, chucky said:

Well interesting thing, my children and other family and friends are calling me to make sure I and my wife wasn't on base at NAS Pensacola due to a shooting on base. I hear the shooter was shot and killed while nine people were injured. 

Believe it or not you were the first person I thought about when I heard of the shooting...….so hope all is well

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Today on E4/ a TV channel that we have here in Britain, they are showing 6 Star Trek-themed The Big Bang Theory episodes. And they are using the title Beam Me Up, Sheldon, to refer to the episodes.

The episodes are as follows:

The Hot Troll Deviation/ Series 4, Episode 24, at 2.35 pm.

The Russian Rocket Reaction/ Series 5, Episode 5, at 3.05 pm.

The Transporter Malfunction/ Series 5, Episode 20, at 3.35 pm.

The Habitation Configuration/ Series 6, Episode 7, at 4.05 pm.

The Spock Resonance/ Series 9, Episode 7, at 4.30 pm.

The Confirmation Polarisation/ Series 12, Episode 13, at 5 pm.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Strawberry said:

Today on E4/ a TV channel that we have here in Britain, they are showing 6 Star Trek-themed The Big Bang Theory episodes. And they are using the title Beam Me Up, Sheldon, to refer to the episodes.

The episodes are as follows:

The Hot Troll Deviation/ Series 4, Episode 24, at 2.35 pm.

The Russian Rocket Reaction/ Series 5, Episode 5, at 3.05 pm.

The Transporter Malfunction/ Series 5, Episode 20, at 3.35 pm.

The Habitation Configuration/ Series 6, Episode 7, at 4.05 pm.

The Spock Resonance/ Series 9, Episode 7, at 4.30 pm.

The Confirmation Polarisation/ Series 12, Episode 13, at 5 pm.

Some really good episodes there. I hope you enjoy them!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

E4 is a niche channel in UK that shows good American sitcoms more or less exclusively. It means people who only view 'normal telly' get little  chance to see TBBT although the odd episode is sometimes shown in the morning at weekends on mainstream Channel 4 England  in no noticeable order. Consequently, the British population is divided into those who love TBBT and YS  and those who've hardly, if ever, heard of them. There's no YS on a mainstream channel at all yet.

Edited by joyceraye
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I loved this one. I was so sad that they didn't follow up on it. I think they could have gone farther with it instead of some of the crap we got.

So very true. The writers were mostly one and done with the episodes. The noted exception was the last two. Sometimes I wondered if they even considered what they had written in the previous episodes!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I loved this one. I was so sad that they didn't follow up on it. I think they could have gone farther with it instead of some of the crap we got.

Agreed. When the Spockumentary came out I was hoping to see a crossover. We got a very brief speech from Mayam but otherwise there wasn't anything. What a disappointment !

Edited by joyceraye
spelling
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, chucky said:

So very true. The writers were mostly one and done with the episodes. The noted exception was the last two. Sometimes I wondered if they even considered what they had written in the previous episodes!

Indeed !  They often gave the impression of not having even read previous scripts. When they did refer back to something, such as Sheldon's wish for fifteen children, it used to come as a surprise. The Spock Resonance episode laid the ground for so much they could have done. Building on Sheldon's decision to stop relying on artificial non-emotions from fictitious people on the TV could have made an interesting storyline for one thing. Then there could have been an episode where they tried to stop Amy from seeing a clip of Sheldon's outbursts. We could have seen the whole gang go to the cinema to see the Spockumentary. Referencing it in Season 12 would have been  far better than much of what we got. So much potential wasted. 

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Indeed !  They often gave the impression of not having even read previous scripts. When they did refer back to something, such as Sheldon's wish for fifteen children, it used to come as a surprise. The Spock Resonance episode laid the ground for so much they could have done. Building on Sheldon's decision to stop relying on artificial non-emotions from fictitious people on the TV could have made an interesting storyline for one thing. Then there could have been an episode where they tried to stop Amy from seeing a clip of Sheldon's outbursts. We could have seen the whole gang go to the cinema to see the Spockumentary. Referencing it in Season 12 would have been  far better than much of what we got. So much potential wasted. 

Yeah, so much wasted potential material for episodes.

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.