The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Merry Christmas and Happiest of Holidays to you all and all of those close to your hearts! Miss reading your comments and thoughts! Take care and may you have peace, love and joy in 2020!

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Merry Christmas and Happiest of Holidays to you all and all of those close to your hearts! Miss reading your comments and thoughts! Take care and may you have peace, love and joy in 2020!

Hoping for you as well.  Happy holidays!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Merry Christmas to all the forum members and have a Happy New Year filled with peace, love and health!  God Bless

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Merry Christmas to all the forum members and have a Happy New Year filled with peace, love and health!  God Bless

Agreed!  :hi:

• Like 1

Personally I was tired of sheldon growing up story line in the last 2 seasons

Indeed !  They often gave the impression of not having even read previous scripts. When they did refer back to something, such as Sheldon's wish for fifteen children, it used to come as a surprise. The Spock Resonance episode laid the ground for so much they could have done. Building on Sheldon's decision to stop relying on artificial non-emotions from fictitious people on the TV could have made an interesting storyline for one thing. Then there could have been an episode where they tried to stop Amy from seeing a clip of Sheldon's outbursts. We could have seen the whole gang go to the cinema to see the Spockumentary. Referencing it in Season 12 would have been  far better than much of what we got. So much potential wasted. 

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

:sungum: Same to you!

44 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

So was I!!!!!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, legacy99 said:

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

To be honest the last two seasons felt like the Sheldon/Shamy show. Almost every episode dealt with Shamy dealing with some event in their wedding. From choosing a date to choosing a venue to choosing a best man and maid of honor. That is why I felt a little deflated at the end. There seemed to be so many more stories to tell and they focused on Shamy way too much. I may be a Lenny fan but I kind of felt their story was the only one that could have gone on. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

To be honest the last two seasons felt like the Sheldon/Shamy show. Almost every episode dealt with Shamy dealing with some event in their wedding. From choosing a date to choosing a venue to choosing a best man and maid of honor. That is why I felt a little deflated at the end. There seemed to be so many more stories to tell and they focused on Shamy way too much. I may be a Lenny fan but I kind of felt their story was the only one that could have gone on. 

I absolutely, positively agree with your post. The writers definitely, in my opinion, wasted too much time on the Shamy wedding and other aspects of their lives. After the last two seasons, I was happy to see the end of the show as it ceased being an ensemble show to becoming the shamy and the crew show.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 4

From Variety

Top Rated Shows of 2019: Super Bowl LIII, ‘The Big Bang Theory,’ ‘Game of Thrones’ Dominate

CBS is sure going to miss “The Big Bang Theory.” The long-running sitcom, which ended in May after 12 seasons, was a ratings bazinga for the Eye network up until the very end. And in fitting with its popularity, the comedy’s May 16 finale, “The Change Constant”/”The Stockhom Syndrome,” was the highest-rated telecast of a scripted series on linear TV in 2019 — averaging nearly 25 million viewers. ” It was also the top-rated scripted broadcast telecast (and No. 1 comedy airing) of the year with adults 18-49, averaging a 5.0 rating.

“The Big Bang Theory” ultimately landed 13 of the top 100 most-watched telecasts of the year, while spin-off “Young Sheldon” grabbed another 12 slots.

But it was ultimately another broadcast that cemented CBS’ status as the most-watched linear network of the year in total viewers: Super Bowl LIII. No surprise, the matchup between the Los Angeles Rams and eventual winner New England Patriots was the top telecast of the year, averaging 98.8 million viewers.

<full article in the link>

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

From Variety

Top Rated Shows of 2019: Super Bowl LIII, ‘The Big Bang Theory,’ ‘Game of Thrones’ Dominate

CBS is sure going to miss “The Big Bang Theory.” The long-running sitcom, which ended in May after 12 seasons, was a ratings bazinga for the Eye network up until the very end. And in fitting with its popularity, the comedy’s May 16 finale, “The Change Constant”/”The Stockhom Syndrome,” was the highest-rated telecast of a scripted series on linear TV in 2019 — averaging nearly 25 million viewers. ” It was also the top-rated scripted broadcast telecast (and No. 1 comedy airing) of the year with adults 18-49, averaging a 5.0 rating.

“The Big Bang Theory” ultimately landed 13 of the top 100 most-watched telecasts of the year, while spin-off “Young Sheldon” grabbed another 12 slots.

But it was ultimately another broadcast that cemented CBS’ status as the most-watched linear network of the year in total viewers: Super Bowl LIII. No surprise, the matchup between the Los Angeles Rams and eventual winner New England Patriots was the top telecast of the year, averaging 98.8 million viewers.

<full article in the link>

The Big Bang Theory ending the decade as the most watched scripted series on TV. How is everyone? Feels like a lifetime ago show ended haha. I’ve currently started rewatching Season 1. Still such an endearing season. Early Lenny is cute. Even Sheldon is tolerable. 

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Even Sheldon is tolerable. 

True, he was still an inconsiderate ass then as well. He was just a tad more tolerable.

• Like 3

I was curious anyone watching Young Sheldon? You know to maintain a vague connection to the Mothership Show. I’ve never watched YS. But thinking of it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I was curious anyone watching Young Sheldon? You know to maintain a vague connection to the Mothership Show. I’ve never watched YS. But thinking of it. 

Never will. To me, from what I have heard, the only connection to the mothership are the character's names.

• Like 1

I do watch Young Sheldon. The characters are good and well acted by the cast. Memaw is particularly good. However, seeing them once is fine. I wouldn’t want to watch them again. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stargazer said:

I do watch Young Sheldon. The characters are good and well acted by the cast. Memaw is particularly good. However, seeing them once is fine. I wouldn’t want to watch them again. 

Watched a few - no wonder adult Sheldon was such a mean, nasty and detestable creature - all his mother and Meemaw’s  fault. Pandered to his every whim and never attempted to teach him to be understanding and accepting of others’ faults. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I do Love it Well-acted Great writing Lovable characters It really is a show of its own The closest it comes to TBBT is the voice of Jim Parsons

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, shell said:

The closest it comes to TBBT is the voice of Jim Parsons

As I haven't seen more than commercials, from what I have been told, that is an accurate statement. That and the character names.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chucky said:

As I haven't seen more than commercials, from what I have been told, that is an accurate statement. That and the character names.

I have seen it just a couple of times. I disliked Sheldon when he was obnoxious, insulting and condescending. But to hear it from a nine or ten year old

is really disturbing.  Also, I believe Sheldon because of his intellect was not allowed to grow up from being a child to an adult. That is why at now approx. 35 -40 yrs. old he acts like a child (I called dibs,  no backsies!)

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I have seen it just a couple of times. I disliked Sheldon when he was obnoxious, insulting and condescending. But to hear it from a nine or ten year old is really disturbing.  Also, I believe Sheldon because of his intellect was not allowed to grow up from being a child to an adult. That is why at now approx. 35 -40 yrs. old he acts like a child (I called dibs,  no backsies!)

Totally agree. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 12:18 AM, 3ku11 said:

I've watched the episodes from the beginning. It's not made for laughs. If you like general drama with a light-hearted touch here and there, plus a taste of tragedy, you might like it. All the children are marvellous actors, very well-cast.

Edited by joyceraye
clarification
  • Like 4

On 12/28/2019 at 6:18 PM, 3ku11 said:

Not every time but sometimes. The casting is very good for the most part.