The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

35 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Totally agree

I think the best part was seeing Penny in that dress!

I didn't care for her actions toward Leonard. Telling him he probably deserved being bullied, But feeling sorry for Sheldon's being bullied at the same time. But, I have to admit she look amazing in that dress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chucky said:

I didn't care for her actions toward Leonard. Telling him he probably deserved being bullied, But feeling sorry for Sheldon's being bullied at the same time. But, I have to admit she look amazing in that dress.

I believe you have that one mixed up with the Spock-umentary Another great one

16 minutes ago, shell said:

I believe you have that one mixed up with the Spock-umentary Another great one

No, she did that in 4 different episodes. Twice she said he (Leonard) probably deserved the bulling and twice she said Leonard probably had it coming. If I'm not mistaken all 4 were when they were in their customary place at the island bar. I can't remember all 4 episodes, but two of them were in the Spock-umentry episode and the 200th episode. The 200th episode, it happened right before Sheldon ran to his room like the baby he was acting to be at the time.

5 minutes ago, chucky said:

No, she did that in 4 different episodes. Twice she said he (Leonard) probably deserved the bulling and twice she said Leonard probably had it coming. If I'm not mistaken all 4 were when they were in their customary place at the island bar. I can't remember all 4 episodes, but two of them were in the Spock-umentry episode and the 200th episode. The 200th episode, it happened right before Sheldon ran to his room like the baby he was acting to be at the time.

No, all the put downs made by Penny were not all at the island and in the birthday one Penny did not pick on Leonard. And no, Sheldon did not run to his room. He ran to the bathroom when he was nervous when all the people were at his party. I wouldn't even say he was acting like a baby--just nervous. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, shell said:

No, all the put downs made by Penny were not all at the island and in the birthday one Penny did not pick on Leonard. And no, Sheldon did not run to his room. He ran to the bathroom when he was nervous when all the people were at his party. I wouldn't even say he was acting like a baby--just nervous. 

You see tomato and I see to-mah-to. he wasn't nervous, just a baby. When your wife, fiance or girlfriend tells you that you deserved being bullied or had it coming, that's disrespectful and unbecoming from your significant other. You can call it what you want, but that's how I see it. I never said she picked on him.

Edited by chucky

3 hours ago, chucky said:

I agree I hated Penny when she was snarky at Leonard but I do not think that was in Sheldon's birthday episode. I believe that was in the episode where Sheldon did the "spockumentary" with Adam Nimoy

• Like 1

Just now, Mario D. said:

I agree I hated Penny when she was snarky at Leonard but I do not think that was in Sheldon's birthday episode. I believe that was in the episode where Sheldon did the "spockumentary" with Adam Nimoy

Nope, it was in both. As I said earlier, she did it four times.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, chucky said:

Nope, it was in both. As I said earlier, she did it four times.

I have Vudu I did look it up in minutes....

Edited by shell

Just now, shell said:

I have Vudu Can look it up in minutes....

Fine with me.

8 minutes ago, chucky said:

Fine with me.

And you are mistaken It's not a big deal we can't remember every little scene 

2 hours ago, shell said:

And you are mistaken It's not a big deal we can't remember every little scene 

fine

Probably a shippers thing. I remember 100th episode for Lenny reconciling. 

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Probably a shippers thing. I remember 100th episode for Lenny reconciling. 

True as that may be, the last 4 seasons they seemed to be reconciling a lot after a spat or disagreement.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 1:28 PM, chucky said:

You see tomato and I see to-mah-to. he wasn't nervous, just a baby. When your wife, fiance or girlfriend tells you that you deserved being bullied or had it coming, that's disrespectful and unbecoming from your significant other. You can call it what you want, but that's how I see it. I never said she picked on him.

I'm really not sure what you're saying here. Sheldon ran to the bathroom nervous of the crowd--that was the point I was trying to get across.

And Yeah, I thought Penny was very often disrespectful to Leonard in front of all their friends. And Penny also picked on him, there were episodes about just that subject.

1 hour ago, chucky said:

True as that may be, the last 4 seasons they seemed to be reconciling a lot after a spat or disagreement.

True  The last 4 seasons had Penny and leonard play secondary characters to the Shamy/Sheldon show whereby Penny was disrespectful to Leonard on many occasions except for the redo wedding in the season 10 premiere. But, I think this was the Molaro influence as he thought conflict between Penny and Leonard was comedy. When Holland took over he seemed to have softened them a bit and they became more of a loving married couple.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shell said:

I'm really not sure what you're saying here. Sheldon ran to the bathroom nervous of the crowd--that was the point I was trying to get across.

And Yeah, I thought Penny was very often disrespectful to Leonard in front of all their friends. And Penny also picked on him, there were episodes about just that subject.

Sheldon has been a baby the entire 12 year run of the show. In the episode where Leonard bought the dining room table, he called himself a baby. That's when he told Leonard "Sometimes the baby wins". As for Penny, I don't think she picked on him, she was just disrespectful and could be hurtful. Bout she was that way to each of the gang, except maybe Bernadete. 

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

True  The last 4 seasons had Penny and leonard play secondary characters to the Shamy/Sheldon show whereby Penny was disrespectful to Leonard on many occasions except for the redo wedding in the season 10 premiere. But, I think this was the Molaro influence as he thought conflict between Penny and Leonard was comedy. When Holland took over he seemed to have softened them a bit and they became more of a loving married couple.

I can find no fault with your analogy.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 8:12 AM, shell said:

This is SO true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

This is SO true.

Well, we sort of disagree. Yes she was hurtful and disrespectful, IMHO, she didn't pick on him. I guess your definition of picking on is different than mine. That's OK, since we are two different people.

• Like 1

Leonards a big boy, he could handle it. Penny despite being a sweet girl from Nebraska. Like Leonard said. Could evolve into the Hulk. Of course not as disrespectful as Sheldon was to Amy publicly, of course. But that’s another story. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Leonards a big boy, he could handle it. Penny despite being a sweet girl from Nebraska. Like Leonard said. Could evolve into the Hulk. Of course not as disrespectful as Sheldon was to Amy publicly, of course. But that’s another story. 

What you say is true, my disagreement was that she didn't pick on Leonard. Kurt definitely picked on Leonard.

Edited by chucky

37 minutes ago, chucky said:

Happy birthday @gsxdoug. Here's hoping you have a great day with many more to come!

I seconded it  Have a great day

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Happy Birthday @gsxdoug I hope you have a fantastic day and you're staying safe during these trying times.

• Like 2