The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Tonstar17 said:

Thanks. Me 2. I have the last 2 episodes on my DVR and can't bring myself to watch them. Just keep putting it off. To be fair, I skipped the last 2 seasons.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

FYI, Kaley is scheduled to appear on Jimmy Kimmel tonite. Don't know if this is a repeat show as it is dated today April 6  Time: 12.00 eastern. If current she might appear from her home.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

If current she might appear from her home.

More than likely she'll appear from home.

• Like 1

Probably a foregone conclusion. But do we think well ever get a reunion? Or a spin-off? I think a Raj spin-off makes the most sense to me. As he was the least developed character imo. And I could see a solid premise. I’m not sure about a Lenny spin-off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mislav said:

Happy Easter! I wish you the best.

Same to you.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 10:59 PM, 3ku11 said:

Probably a foregone conclusion. But do we think well ever get a reunion? Or a spin-off? I think a Raj spin-off makes the most sense to me. As he was the least developed character imo. And I could see a solid premise. I’m not sure about a Lenny spin-off. 

Not sure about a spin off, but a reunion could happen in a few years.

Is anyone watching any other show other then TBBT? I was watching Friends up to S8. Still my fav sitcom ever. But I often find myself going back to Big Bang. As the non conventional , and unique storytelling holds up more. 

The other sitcom I think was the best this decade(with the Big Bang Theory), was The Middle. I only recently started watching it in Binge. I often wrote it off. As a Malcolm in the Middle rip-off. But I was so wrong. It’s so well written. The actress who plays Sue. Is so relatable and so likeable. It’s more like Roseanne if anything. Obviously Frankie was also Debra. 

I still watch The Good Place, GLOW, and The Marvelous Mrs Masil.  Of course I have Netflix and Amazon.  Plan on getting HBO+, once it's up and running in May.  Other than those, I still watch TBBT on our local station and TBS.  Most of the time it's on when I'm working on the computer (I can see the TV screen over the top of my monitor).

• Like 4

I watch The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Better Call Saul, The Rookie, Sneaky Pete, and Downton Abbey reruns any time I see them airing. None of the current sitcoms have gotten my interest. One thing I have little interest in is 'agenda' television. Anything that promotes a cause, worldview, or social platform I will probably skip. There are documentary and opinion programs for that kind of thing and I really don't care to watch entertainment that promotes a 'message'. At least not if it does it surreptitiously. State up front what it's about. If it interests me I'll watch. 

I have gotten back into watching TBBT reruns. It took me a long time post-finale to do so but I can, once again, enjoy watching. 

• Like 1

I normally watch TBBT reruns, The Rookie, The Animal Planet Station The Science Channel and anything else that catches my attention as being interesting.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2020 at 10:59 PM, 3ku11 said:

I don't think we will get a reunion or a spin off. If we do get a reunion I think it will be a long way down the road.

13 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Is anyone watching any other show other then TBBT? I was watching Friends up to S8. Still my fav sitcom ever. But I often find myself going back to Big Bang. As the non conventional , and unique storytelling holds up more. 

I haven't watched TBBT since the finale and I can't stand Friends. I've never been able to finish a whole episode.  I was watching the Good Doctor but this season was NOT good to me and I loathed the season ending episode. I've been watching a lot of movies since I've been stuck in the house. Last week I watched The Queen, The Imitation Game, The Lion in Winter (with Katharine Hepburn...it's the only version I will watch) Hidden Figures, Argo and the Anne Frank movie with Ben Kingsley as Otto.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 11:59 PM, 3ku11 said:

I tend to agree with you but would love to see a Lenny spin-off. Especially, since the last three years except for the re-do wedding in S10, E1 they have not had any significant storylines so there should be many more stories to tell. Also, I know Kaley is in the middle of her Flight Attendant  series but should be through as soon as this coronavirus pandemic clears up. However, I have not seen anything that JG is connected to so maybe in the near future he might be acceptable to re-kindle his role.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I tend to agree with you but would love to see a Lenny spin-off. Especially, since the last three years except for the re-do wedding in S10, E1 they have not had any significant storylines so there should be many more stories to tell. Also, I know Kaley is in the middle of her Flight Attendant  series but should be through as soon as this coronavirus pandemic clears  up. However, I have not seen anything that JG is connected to so maybe in the near future he might be acceptable to re-kindle his role.

We can only hope. Personally, the more I think about it, I'm not that interested in a Raj spin off.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Tensor said:

I still watch The Good Place, GLOW, and The Marvelous Mrs Masil.  Of course I have Netflix and Amazon.  Plan on getting HBO+, once it's up and running in May.  Other than those, I still watch TBBT on our local station and TBS.  Most of the time it's on when I'm working on the computer (I can see the TV screen over the top of my monitor).

Two out of three.

For harmlessness try “Death in Paradise”. It’s very benign, except for the deaths, of course. I like to watch it for the sunburned Brit guest actors who forgot their sunhats and sunblock. It’s a happy formula show with little cerebral requirement. 

Friends is great. If only they weren’t all so pretty, it might have had a broader audience. The one with the mincemeat trifle still stands out for me. Genius. But I won’t deliberately sit down for it.

We started watching TBBT s12 again but stalled at about s12.4. Howard and Bernie do get better and better, but no one here is clamouring to get to the end.

I just watched the doco Never Surrender: A Galaxy Quest Documentary. That was charmingly engaging. Should be up the TBBT fanciers alley.

The Tiger King thing looked too much like a car crash for me to engage with. Makes some regulation look sensible.

Otherwise, most of my media consumption is about hoping for the sciences to catch up with our problems and wondering if the USA’s president is taking his own medical advice and when we will see the effects.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
Italics

15 hours ago, HeWolf said:

I watch The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Better Call Saul, The Rookie, Sneaky Pete, and Downton Abbey reruns any time I see them airing. None of the current sitcoms have gotten my interest. One thing I have little interest in is 'agenda' television. Anything that promotes a cause, worldview, or social platform I will probably skip. There are documentary and opinion programs for that kind of thing and I really don't care to watch entertainment that promotes a 'message'. At least not if it does it surreptitiously. State up front what it's about. If it interests me I'll watch. 

I have gotten back into watching TBBT reruns. It took me a long time post-finale to do so but I can, once again, enjoy watching. 

Good point about social platforms. I’m on Season 1 of BBT. Strikes me how unassuming it is. It Doesent profess to be anything other then trying to make you laugh. With a bunch of quirky characters, and Penny. 

Took a while post finalie for me too. Theirs a sense of anti climatism with a finalie. But in this era of digital media. I find media more immediate then it used to be. The first three seasons are easily binged. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

The first three seasons are easily binged

True

21 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I don't think we will get a reunion or a spin off. If we do get a reunion I think it will be a long way down the road.

I agree, no spin-off with probably a reunion down the road a ways.

On 4/14/2020 at 6:05 PM, Nogravitasatall said:

I just watched the doco Never Surrender: A Galaxy Quest Documentary. That was charmingly engaging.

I have to find that. I LOVE Galaxy Quest.

Anyone miss the show? Now it has nearly been a year since the series ended. Not neccessarily maybe the last few seasons lol. But more the community, and fandom within the show. This place is like a ghost town these days. Which is natural with a show no longer on TV. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Anyone miss the show? Now it has nearly been a year since the series ended. Not neccessarily maybe the last few seasons lol. But more the community, and fandom within the show. This place is like a ghost town these days. Which is natural with a show no longer on TV. 

I miss the new episodes. We still have reruns and with Direct TV, I have some of my favorite episodes recorded. I'm still here sharing my pearls of wisdom. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chucky said:

I miss the new episodes. We still have reruns and with Direct TV, I have some of my favorite episodes recorded. I'm still here sharing my pearls of wisdom. 😉

I enjoy looking on the forum everyday as well. Sharing ideas and upcoming events of the cast.  Speaking of reruns, I happen to watch S6 E18 when the boys go to middle school to recruit young femaies into science and the girls give dating advice to Raj. I still am appalled every time I hear the lines from Penny about how she played hooky  and ended up in a motel with "a 34 year old guy named Luther" Just disgraceful how the writers would think this was funny as Penny had to be a teenager at the time in high school.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Just disgraceful how the writers would think this was funny as Penny had to be a teenager at the time in high school.

Totally agree.