Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

On 11/9/2020 at 2:15 PM, Mario D. said:

I know this was just rehashing of old stuff but these items lingered in the back of my mind and I had to put them down on paper.  I am hoping to write someday for anyone interested not exactly a list of grievances on the show but a list of unsaid, unexplained  and unresolved occurrances in the show that was not presented to the audience. Since I am a Lenny fan most of them would be about Penny and Leonard. This just gives me something to do to pass the time and not for any particular agenda.

Hi all , 

That's a very interesting idea ! 

There is something I still don't undestand to this day. It's a minor thing regarding Leonard but it still pisses me off. In the " Scavenger Vortex" , why did Howard suddendly felt the need to take the piss out of Leonard for going to Princeton? It was so random. He had  never done it before and never did it again after that . It was really out of the blue and didn't make any sense ?! Princeton for god's sake. Is there some kind of rivalry between MIT and Princeton? Or was it just another opportunity to mock Leonard ? I thought it was totally uncalled for especially when Leonard never mocked Howard for " only having a master's in Engineering from MIT". 

 

Another thing that annoyed me is when the military confisacted the guys' project. We got to see the impact on Sheldon and Howard and yet again Leonard's feelings were ignored. It would have been nice to see how the whole thing affected him and see how Penny would try to help him deal with it. 

 

Have a good day ! 

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ive just typed up what feels like a essay but i figure this is my last taping i go to so might as well do the spoilers right lol here you go and if its too much sorry in advance 😂😂😂 Cold open

Here you go anyone wanting spoilers 😄 The opening scene is so cute its sheldon waking Amy up in bed saying good morning wife and she says good morning husband, then he makes a comment about how i

"The Laureate Accumulation" The gang is watching Campbell/Pemberton on Ellen. Sheldon is just waiting for Ellen to ask them what exactly Super Asymmetry is so the world can see what big frauds th

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Polly said:

Hi all , 

That's a very interesting idea ! 

There is something I still don't undestand to this day. It's a minor thing regarding Leonard but it still pisses me off. In the " Scavenger Vortex" , why did Howard suddendly felt the need to take the piss out of Leonard for going to Princeton? It was so random. He had  never done it before and never did it again after that . It was really out of the blue and didn't make any sense ?! Princeton for god's sake. Is there some kind of rivalry between MIT and Princeton? Or was it just another opportunity to mock Leonard ? I thought it was totally uncalled for especially when Leonard never mocked Howard for " only having a master's in Engineering from MIT". 

 

Another thing that annoyed me is when the military confisacted the guys' project. We got to see the impact on Sheldon and Howard and yet again Leonard's feelings were ignored. It would have been nice to see how the whole thing affected him and see how Penny would try to help him deal with it. 

 

Have a good day ! 

Yes  the mocking of Leonard was prevalent during the show. I would guess it was because of his easy-going attitude and patience with all his friends. But what bothered me more was how Penny was snarky to him alot of times, even after they were married, but I assume the writers thought the little digs and teasing between them was an outcrop of their relationship and their love was above these erratic displays of affection. 

The government project was foremost as an unresolved topic and true Leonard's feelings were not taken into account but then they never really analyzed this aspect as I do not think the writers could ever give Penny and Leonard a meaningful conversation. The only one I can remember is the chat they had when they reconciled after the elopement. The other times they tried to have a meaningful discussion were either disrupted by Sheldon or ended with some sort of a joke. But I will put this topic on my list

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Polly said:

Hi all , 

That's a very interesting idea ! 

There is something I still don't understand to this day. It's a minor thing regarding Leonard but it still pisses me off. In the " Scavenger Vortex" , why did Howard suddenly felt the need to take the piss out of Leonard for going to Princeton? It was so random. He had  never done it before and never did it again after that . It was really out of the blue and didn't make any sense ?! Princeton for god's sake. Is there some kind of rivalry between MIT and Princeton? Or was it just another opportunity to mock Leonard ? I thought it was totally uncalled for especially when Leonard never mocked Howard for " only having a master's in Engineering from MIT". 

 

Another thing that annoyed me is when the military confisacted the guys' project. We got to see the impact on Sheldon and Howard and yet again Leonard's feelings were ignored. It would have been nice to see how the whole thing affected him and see how Penny would try to help him deal with it. 

 

Have a good day ! 

Some good points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 1:46 PM, Mario D. said:

Yes  the mocking of Leonard was prevalent during the show. I would guess it was because of his easy-going attitude and patience with all his friends. But what bothered me more was how Penny was snarky to him alot of times,

I always laughed at how Howard, Raj and Sheldon enjoyed mocking each other, but didn't enjoy being mocked. I'm not sure, but, I don't think Penny started being really snarky toward Leonard until Season 8. She was really snarky and argumentative in Seasons 10 to 12. It seemed the more Shamy was happy was the same time Lenny had arguments.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chucky said:

I always laughed at how Howard, Raj and Sheldon enjoyed mocking each other, but didn't enjoy being mocked. I'm not sure, but, I don't think Penny started being really snarky toward Leonard until Season 8. She was really snarky and argumentative in Seasons 10 to 12. It seemed the more Shamy was happy was the same time Lenny had arguments.

Think you are right. I guess she felt more comfortable in her answers back to him after they were engaged and then married. But I think Sheldon had alot to do with it as he was whining that he couldn't live alone and everyone was "abandoning" him. And I agree season 10 was the worst for Penny & Leonard as their storylines became few. The only good thing was Sheldon and Amy moving across the hall and they finally were alone and had privacy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Think you are right. I guess she felt more comfortable in her answers back to him after they were engaged and then married. But I think Sheldon had alot to do with it as he was whining that he couldn't live alone and everyone was "abandoning" him. And I agree season 10 was the worst for Penny & Leonard as their storylines became few. The only good thing was Sheldon and Amy moving across the hall and they finally were alone and had privacy.

The only problem was they kept coming over. Then Sheldon rented his old room to work in. Bad mistake on Lenny.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Good to know that someone is watching you

Yeah, she's been watching over me since June 1980. My kids and grandkids watch as well. They watch me and my wife.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.