[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Tensor

On 11/9/2020 at 2:15 PM, Mario D. said:

I know this was just rehashing of old stuff but these items lingered in the back of my mind and I had to put them down on paper.  I am hoping to write someday for anyone interested not exactly a list of grievances on the show but a list of unsaid, unexplained  and unresolved occurrances in the show that was not presented to the audience. Since I am a Lenny fan most of them would be about Penny and Leonard. This just gives me something to do to pass the time and not for any particular agenda.

Hi all , 

That's a very interesting idea ! 

There is something I still don't undestand to this day. It's a minor thing regarding Leonard but it still pisses me off. In the " Scavenger Vortex" , why did Howard suddendly felt the need to take the piss out of Leonard for going to Princeton? It was so random. He had  never done it before and never did it again after that . It was really out of the blue and didn't make any sense ?! Princeton for god's sake. Is there some kind of rivalry between MIT and Princeton? Or was it just another opportunity to mock Leonard ? I thought it was totally uncalled for especially when Leonard never mocked Howard for " only having a master's in Engineering from MIT". 

Another thing that annoyed me is when the military confisacted the guys' project. We got to see the impact on Sheldon and Howard and yet again Leonard's feelings were ignored. It would have been nice to see how the whole thing affected him and see how Penny would try to help him deal with it. 

Have a good day ! 

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Polly said:

Hi all , 

There is something I still don't undestand to this day. It's a minor thing regarding Leonard but it still pisses me off. In the " Scavenger Vortex" , why did Howard suddendly felt the need to take the piss out of Leonard for going to Princeton? It was so random. He had  never done it before and never did it again after that . It was really out of the blue and didn't make any sense ?! Princeton for god's sake. Is there some kind of rivalry between MIT and Princeton? Or was it just another opportunity to mock Leonard ? I thought it was totally uncalled for especially when Leonard never mocked Howard for " only having a master's in Engineering from MIT". 

Another thing that annoyed me is when the military confisacted the guys' project. We got to see the impact on Sheldon and Howard and yet again Leonard's feelings were ignored. It would have been nice to see how the whole thing affected him and see how Penny would try to help him deal with it. 

Have a good day ! 

Yes  the mocking of Leonard was prevalent during the show. I would guess it was because of his easy-going attitude and patience with all his friends. But what bothered me more was how Penny was snarky to him alot of times, even after they were married, but I assume the writers thought the little digs and teasing between them was an outcrop of their relationship and their love was above these erratic displays of affection. 

The government project was foremost as an unresolved topic and true Leonard's feelings were not taken into account but then they never really analyzed this aspect as I do not think the writers could ever give Penny and Leonard a meaningful conversation. The only one I can remember is the chat they had when they reconciled after the elopement. The other times they tried to have a meaningful discussion were either disrupted by Sheldon or ended with some sort of a joke. But I will put this topic on my list

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Polly said:

Hi all , 

There is something I still don't understand to this day. It's a minor thing regarding Leonard but it still pisses me off. In the " Scavenger Vortex" , why did Howard suddenly felt the need to take the piss out of Leonard for going to Princeton? It was so random. He had  never done it before and never did it again after that . It was really out of the blue and didn't make any sense ?! Princeton for god's sake. Is there some kind of rivalry between MIT and Princeton? Or was it just another opportunity to mock Leonard ? I thought it was totally uncalled for especially when Leonard never mocked Howard for " only having a master's in Engineering from MIT". 

Have a good day ! 

Some good points.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 1:46 PM, Mario D. said:

Yes  the mocking of Leonard was prevalent during the show. I would guess it was because of his easy-going attitude and patience with all his friends. But what bothered me more was how Penny was snarky to him alot of times,

I always laughed at how Howard, Raj and Sheldon enjoyed mocking each other, but didn't enjoy being mocked. I'm not sure, but, I don't think Penny started being really snarky toward Leonard until Season 8. She was really snarky and argumentative in Seasons 10 to 12. It seemed the more Shamy was happy was the same time Lenny had arguments.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chucky said:

I always laughed at how Howard, Raj and Sheldon enjoyed mocking each other, but didn't enjoy being mocked. I'm not sure, but, I don't think Penny started being really snarky toward Leonard until Season 8. She was really snarky and argumentative in Seasons 10 to 12. It seemed the more Shamy was happy was the same time Lenny had arguments.

Think you are right. I guess she felt more comfortable in her answers back to him after they were engaged and then married. But I think Sheldon had alot to do with it as he was whining that he couldn't live alone and everyone was "abandoning" him. And I agree season 10 was the worst for Penny & Leonard as their storylines became few. The only good thing was Sheldon and Amy moving across the hall and they finally were alone and had privacy.

26 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Think you are right. I guess she felt more comfortable in her answers back to him after they were engaged and then married. But I think Sheldon had alot to do with it as he was whining that he couldn't live alone and everyone was "abandoning" him. And I agree season 10 was the worst for Penny & Leonard as their storylines became few. The only good thing was Sheldon and Amy moving across the hall and they finally were alone and had privacy.

The only problem was they kept coming over. Then Sheldon rented his old room to work in. Bad mistake on Lenny.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Good to know that someone is watching you

Yeah, she's been watching over me since June 1980. My kids and grandkids watch as well. They watch me and my wife.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 7/6/2021 at 5:31 AM, chucky said:

Happy Birthday @Carlos. Hope for many more to come.  Have a great day.

I just rewatched on my local channel  S9  E 24 and S10 E1. These were basically about Penny and Leonard's redo marriage and ceremony. What really bugged me about them was Sheldon being so obnoxious and insulting, even to his own mother, that it took away from the focus on Penny and Leonard. From inviting people to their wedding without any authority to do so and with the audacity to say it is "our" wedding when questioned  to the unnecessary insults he hurled at Leonard's father and his mother was just so distasteful to listen to. I know the writers may think this was funny but I can assure you I was not laughing. Then to top it off he goes up to Penny and Leonard in the ceremony and puts himself in their  " I do" moment.  Gee, I wonder did the writers do anything like this to upset the Shamy wedding?

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

I totally agree. Sheldon`s quotes since I think 7th season and his behaviour are full of disrespect for everybody. Since I have watched TBBT multiple times, it is for me not funny any more...

It is always only all about Sheldon 🙄 ,too much Sheldon-centric.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

22 hours ago, Padme86 said:

I totally agree. Sheldon`s quotes since I think 7th season and his behaviour are full of disrespect for everybody. Since I have watched TBBT multiple times, it is for me not funny any more...

It is always only all about Sheldon 🙄 ,too much Sheldon-centric.

I suppose it was easier in a way to write for him , when you have a character with so many quirks and neuroses , he could be /do whatever they wanted him to be each week to the point it became overkill. I would have been okay with  so much focus on Sheldon if all the other characters had been well treated. It's the lack of balance that really annoyed me after season 8. 

The most infuriating thing for me regarding Sheldon  is that he really regressed in the last two seasons . He had shown some growth then became nothing but an insufferable man-child. 

On 7/21/2021 at 4:42 PM, Mario D. said:

I just rewatched on my local channel  S9  E 24 and S10 E1. These were basically about Penny and Leonard's redo marriage and ceremony. What really bugged me about them was Sheldon being so obnoxious and insulting, even to his own mother, that it took away from the focus on Penny and Leonard. From inviting people to their wedding without any authority to do so and with the audacity to say it is "our" wedding when questioned  to the unnecessary insults he hurled at Leonard's father and his mother was just so distasteful to listen to. I know the writers may think this was funny but I can assure you I was not laughing. Then to top it off he goes up to Penny and Leonard in the ceremony and puts himself in their  " I do" moment.  Gee, I wonder did the writers do anything like this to upset the Shamy wedding?

His speech during the redo was totally unnecessary . Like , was it a big revelation to anyone that L/P are important and mean a lot to him? (although he has a funny way of showing it ) Nope. 

Edited by NeckShotLime
spelling
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, NeckShotLime said:

His speech during the redo was totally unnecessary . Like , was it a big revelation to anyone that L/P are important and mean a lot to him? (although he has a funny way of showing it ) Nope. 

Totally agreed

• Like 1