Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread


Tensor

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Carlos said:

I am one of those people. IMO the writing of the show started to go downhill at the end of S7 and I wouldn't have minded if it had ended after S8, with that season having been written as the last one and not how it was actually written. However, I would never dream of being disrespectful or mean to Jim because of the decision he made. He's totally within his rights to do so. As far a I've known about him, Jim doesn't appear to be a stupid person, therefore I'm sure he has very good reasons for not wanting  to continue with TBBT.

 

I get your point about the show ending. The last three seasons only had a few episodes I liked. Saying all that IMO I think all fans and some who will comeback for season 12 will be sad. I think Kaley had a reaction many could relate to. She never said she wanted a Season 13.

in regards to JP I think, not necessarily people on here, is taking criticism that really isn’t deserved. The way it sounded in the past JG wanted to move on. I’m guessing he’s not crying over the showing. As mentioned by others the Big 3 and probably all 7 will never have to work again. Certainly if they do they can do any thing they want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I get your point about the show ending. The last three seasons only had a few episodes I liked. Saying all that IMO I think all fans and some who will comeback for season 12 will be sad. I think Kaley had a reaction many could relate to. She never said she wanted a Season 13.

in regards to JP I think, not necessarily people on here, is taking criticism that really isn’t deserved. The way it sounded in the past JG wanted to move on. I’m guessing he’s not crying over the showing. As mentioned by others the Big 3 and probably all 7 will never have to work again. Certainly if they do they can do any thing they want.

I totally agree. I believe Johnny had to be convinced to sign up for the last one. Jim is taking too much criticism, as I believe Johnny and Kaley wasn't really into it either. I think Kunal may be the one mostly upset.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Read an interesting take on Lenny in article on the ending from Screen Rant.  "Given that it will be TBBT final hurrah, fans of Penny & Leonard will nothing more than see the two's relationship progress. Since they got married it seemed like their story was cast aside to favor other character trajectories in the series - an odd thing considering that they are TBBT principal couple. It was the two's relationship that covered the romance angle in the series long before Howard and Sheldon got together with Bernadette and Amy. At one point the show even addressed their married life's lack of progress seeing that until now, they seem to not want to have a baby"

Interesting analysis

I am still not certain that Penny wants kids. At least yet. Anytime it has been discussed between Lenny her response has always been luke warm at best. I hope they have an actual discussion about it this season and announce a pregnancy the very last episode to pay homage to first episode Leonard's desire for Penny.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sah said:

I am still not certain that Penny wants kids. At least yet. Anytime it has been discussed between Lenny her response has always been luke warm at best. I hope they have an actual discussion about it this season and announce a pregnancy the very last episode to pay homage to first episode Leonard's desire for Penny.

That has been true in the past but now that the 12th season has been announced as the final season I think that discussion may be accelerated. I hope it is not in the last episode as it would be good comedy to see Penny pregnant and how Leonard copes with it. However, you are right in one sense that they have to tribute the catchphrase of the show "Our babies will be smart and beautiful"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Sah said:

I am still not certain that Penny wants kids. At least yet. Anytime it has been discussed between Lenny her response has always been luke warm at best. I hope they have an actual discussion about it this season and announce a pregnancy the very last episode to pay homage to first episode Leonard's desire for Penny.

Remember Bernadette was against having kids for a long time. then look what happened? They obviously were using birth control all those years  because their 2 Kids were born in quick succession. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, chucky said:

I totally agree. I believe Johnny had to be convinced to sign up for the last one. Jim is taking too much criticism, as I believe Johnny and Kaley wasn't really into it either. I think Kunal may be the one mostly upset.

I think what you say about Johnny is true, however they never expressed it publicly. At comic-con they all said they would continue with Kaley expressing that they would be stupid not to. So, I get the feeling she would have been on board for another season.

There was an article in Deadline.com about how all this evolved. Seems like everyone was taken by surprise at the announcement. JP spoke to all expressing why he would not resign and then Chuck Lorre announced the decision to not come back.  I get the feeling that CBS wanted a two season renewal and JP did not want to commit to that. Wonder if they offered only one season renewal  he would have reconsidered

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

That has been true in the past but now that the 12th season has been announced as the final season I think that discussion may be accelerated. I hope it is not in the last episode as it would be good comedy to see Penny pregnant and how Leonard copes with it. However, you are right in one sense that they have to tribute the catchphrase of the show "Our babies will be smart and beautiful"

We will have to agree to disagree on Penny needing to show a pregnancy on screen. Already had baby naming episodes, hospital birthing scenes, sonagrams, my clothes don't fit, getting fat, who is going to watch the baby while we work episodes. For me personally, I have zero desire for more baby stories including from Shamy or Lenny or Howardette. I would be great with just an announcement at the very end. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I think what you say about Johnny is true, however they never expressed it publicly. At comic-con they all said they would continue with Kaley expressing that they would be stupid not to. So, I get the feeling she would have been on board for another season.

There was an article in Deadline.com about how all this evolved. Seems like everyone was taken by surprise at the announcement. JP spoke to all expressing why he would not resign and then Chuck Lorre announced the decision to not come back.  I get the feeling that CBS wanted a two season renewal and JP did not want to commit to that. Wonder if they offered only one season renewal  he would have reconsidered

The Deadline article IF true (there is a detailed timeline which I would imagine could have only come from someone in that studio so I do suspect it's probably true) then I think it was handled fairly shoddily and I'm disappointed in some of the individuals involved.

Edited by Jonny
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sah said:

I would be great with just an announcement at the very end. 

I totally agree. Just the announcement of the start of those smart and beautiful babies is plenty enough. It would be hilarious if they announced around episode 12 that she was pregnant, then in Episode 24 that she was having triplets. That way getting the three kids she talked out out of the way in one pregnancy.😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Sah said:

I am still not certain that Penny wants kids. At least yet. Anytime it has been discussed between Lenny her response has always been luke warm at best. I hope they have an actual discussion about it this season and announce a pregnancy the very last episode to pay homage to first episode Leonard's desire for Penny.

So in comparison Shrldon wants 15 kids. If we homage to Shamy they will have to have them in a test tube. My point is things change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

But of course who knows? None of us know what the future will bring or what will happen in the future. Time will tell 

Glad you finally got aboard the train,😀

welcome👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Raj could be by far the most interesting character this season, out of all the characters his 'endgame' seems by far the most uncertain.  I can see natural end-points to the stories of most of the characters on the show but not Raj.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, veejay said:

Sheldon likes trains! 😉

So true! But I don't think Jim likes that particular train!  😏

18 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

So in comparison Sheldon wants 15 kids. If we homage to Shamy they will have to have them in a test tube. My point is things change.

That change has occurred. He has already agreed to a smaller number. Especially since Penny won't let him rent out her womb!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chucky said:

I totally agree. Just the announcement of the start of those smart and beautiful babies is plenty enough. It would be hilarious if they announced around episode 12 that she was pregnant, then in Episode 24 that she was having triplets. That way getting the three kids she talked out out of the way in one pregnancy.😊

When did she talk about three?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, bfm said:

When did she talk about three?

"R: Uh, Penny and Leonard, you two lovebirds are super successful and living in New York.
   Uh, you're an actress, you're a professor and you have three beautiful kids.
 P: Really? You think I'm putting this body through three kids?"

S7 - The Mommy Observation  😀

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, chucky said:

During the episode where they played one of Raj's stupid games, where they had to find out who killed Stuart. That's where the topic of three kids for Lenny came from.

Well she didn't say she wanted three kids. All I can take from there is less than three pregnancies although who knows what will happen after two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bfm said:

Well she didn't say she wanted three kids. All I can take from there is less than three pregnancies although who knows what will happen after two.

You asked where it came from. She said she wouldn't put her body thru 3 pregnancies. That doesn't mean twins can't be in one pregnancy giving three.

Edited by chucky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.