[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Tensor

53 minutes ago, chucky said:

It's not important until Chuck Lorre. Bill Prady, CBS or Warner Brothers releases that kind of info. Anything else is merely rumor or speculation with no accuracy what so ever. But if you need to read it for your personal pleasure, go for it. Remember to take it with a grain of salt.

Oh, not even click and bait unreliable journals are writing anything like that. It's just an opinion coming from a small number of fans, who are saying that it would have been better to write his character off and continue with the show. A legit opinion, of course, which obviously was not shared by Lorre&co.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

A legit opinion, of course, which obviously was not shared by Lorre&co.

I have to agree with Lorre & Co. With that said, season 6 and before they had a better chance of writing him off. Can't realistically replace or write off Jim. Johnny or Kaley. Maybe not Mayim either, The other three could easily be written off, although the show wouldn't be as good!

3 minutes ago, chucky said:

The other three could easily be written off, although the show wouldn't be as good!

I know some will not agree. The reasoning behind that statement is that Simon, Kunal and Melissa, in my opinion, don't have that big of an impact on the show. The other 4 live across the hall from each other and are always (pretty much) together. 

Edited by chucky
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, chucky said:

They put the date on their phones I believe season 10. I'm sure their phones had calendars. Stuart's phone didn't, hence him being there at the wrong time and day!

Actually it was in season 7, towards the end, which means that if they agreed to meet 20 years from that moment, it would be 15 years after season 12 ends, which is good because it gives a lot to see how their lives turned to, but also a bit too much into the future

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thebigbangtheorist said:

Actually it was in season 7, towards the end, which means that if they agreed to meet 20 years from that moment, it would be 15 years after season 12 ends, which is good because it gives a lot to see how their lives turned to, but also a bit too much into the future

So unlike Sheldon, I don't have an Eidetic memory.

48 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Oh, not even click and bait unreliable journals are writing anything like that. It's just an opinion coming from a small number of fans, who are saying that it would have been better to write his character off and continue with the show. A legit opinion, of course, which obviously was not shared by Lorre&co.

stu_04.gif.e576c45cf22982762f8cad6c490c56f3.gif

😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can see why there would be suggestions and speculations about a thirteenth season, but I can't see them writing further TBBT season(s) without Sheldon. All I can see them doing, if they feel any demand is strong enough, is writing one or more fresh series with as many of the remaining TBBT characters and the Caltech Crowd as they can net before the actors get too embedded elsewhere.  I wouldn't put it past them to be talking about it. Somebody among TPTB might think it worth the gamble. They might plant the seeds of future Sheldonless scenarios in season 12. They could do it without killing him off or sending him to another planet. He could even become a mentioned but rarely seen character. If they do it I hope the premises of the continuations or spin-offs are feasible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I can see why there would be suggestions and speculations about a thirteenth season, but I can't see them writing further TBBT season(s) without Sheldon. All I can see them doing, if they feel any demand is strong enough, is writing one or more fresh series with as many of the remaining TBBT characters and the Caltech Crowd as they can net before the actors get too embedded elsewhere.  I wouldn't put it past them to be talking about it. Somebody among TPTB might think it worth the gamble. They might plant the seeds of future Sheldonless scenarios in season 12. They could do it without killing him off or sending him to another planet. He could even become a mentioned but rarely seen character. If they do it I hope the premises of the continuations or spin-offs are feasible.

I can believe that there are talks about possible spin offs, with some or all the remaining characters included, I guess WB/CBS would be keen of keeping the franchise going as much as they can, but not a 13th season of TBBT. How far those talks will go, is anybody's guess...Lorre has been adamantine against possible spin offs in the past, but then YS came so, what do I know? As far as I know, anyway,  he has signed a very lucrative deal with Netflix, so this might be a good opportunity for him for focusing on other things too.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I can believe that there are talks about possible spin offs, with some or all the remaining characters included, I guess WB/CBS would be keen of keeping the franchise going as much as they can, but not a 13th season of TBBT. How far those talks will go, is anybody's guess...Lorre has been adamantine against possible spin offs in the past, but then YS came so, what do I know? As far as I know, anyway,  he has signed a very lucrative deal with Netflix, so this might be a good opportunity for him for focusing on other things too.

When YS was being devised I remember CBS bosses talking about the 'brand' of TBBT and the Universe connected to it and even back then they said YS might not be the only spinoff one day to come from TBBT.   

I absolutely one day could see another show set in or around the same universe that this show exists in, but I don't see it happening for years.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

But what does he have going?

TBBT ending? Cannot imagine that’s good for YS or Mom in terms of ratings. On Netflix Disjointed has been cancelled. Has a show with Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin. Is Netflix for the Senior citizen crowd ? I don’t think Chuck is going on welfare but his glory days may be behind him.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

But what does he have going?

TBBT ending? Cannot imagine that’s good for YS or Mom in terms of ratings. On Netflix Disjointed has been cancelled. Has a show with Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin. Is Netflix for the Senior citizen crowd ? I don’t think Chuck is going on welfare but his glory days may be behind him.

I have to agree with you again.

• Like 1

Happy Taping Day everyone. 

4 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

It's done and none of  TPTB are going to do a damn thing to lash out.  With Two & a Half Men, it was totally different circumstances!  Charlie Sheen was a drunk addict that was coming to work late high and/or drunk, costing everyone time and money and Chuck Lorre FINALLY got fed up with it and fired him!  Jim Parsons has NONE of those problems.  His only crime is that for whatever reason, he doesn't want to do the show anymore after a dozen years!  Chuck and company aren't going to do a damn thing as far as making Jim look bad, throwing him under the bus, getting even or getting revenge because it would make THEM, not JP, look bad and like someone said pages ago, everyone in the industry would be hesitant about working with them if they did!  THAT reaction alone would cost them way more money than anything that's happened so far.  The show is ending after 12 years!  Get over it and move on!

Well Said! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

It's done and none of  TPTB are going to do a damn thing to lash out.  With Two & a Half Men, it was totally different circumstances!  Charlie Sheen was a drunk addict that was coming to work late high and/or drunk, costing everyone time and money and Chuck Lorre FINALLY got fed up with it and fired him!  Jim Parsons has NONE of those problems.  His only crime is that for whatever reason, he doesn't want to do the show anymore after a dozen years!  Chuck and company aren't going to do a damn thing as far as making Jim look bad, throwing him under the bus, getting even or getting revenge because it would make THEM, not JP, look bad and like someone said pages ago, everyone in the industry would be hesitant about working with them if they did!  THAT reaction alone would cost them way more money than anything that's happened so far.  The show is ending after 12 years!  Get over it and move on!

It seems to me his biggest “crimes”was announcing in when he did and not telling the rest of his cast mates and crew his decision. Again as you said that’s his choice. And if Chuck is mad at what he did that’s his choice too. Also as to general opinion most everything written makes JP look bad. It seems that what has put him under the bus. No one really had to do anything. As to getting over it some will, some won’t, some wish it had been over a couple of years ago,

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

As to getting over it some will, some won’t, some wish it had been over a couple of years ago,

Yeah, Some will some won't, some do some don't. I agree with your whole post! Have you been reading my mind?  :sungum:

3 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Right now my feelings are that the most plausible would be a Howardette-based spin-off, just by the "vibes" I ger from cast members, although there is generally less of Simon and Melissa out there so I really don't know. Kunal could be a regular in such a sitcom and Johnny, Kaley and Mayim could guess star. 

That is not what I would most like to see, just what I think has some chances of happening. I prefer a spin-off with the gangs' kids as young adult. This way they can have familiar traits of dynamic but it could be more fresh and have more place to grow given their ages, and would also allow for humor and creativity to be derived from futuristic stuff.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

I think any of them would listen to a good spin-off idea that gave their character story.    Leonard as department chair (at any university) could have a whole new cast of young nerds (plus of course his inappropriate wife).  I don’t see an obvious story for the others as lead.  They could move the time to whenever they want.  The higher up the academic food chain Leonard goes the more inappropriate Penny becomes which creates story.  I suppose they could do the something similar with Amy but the more of A focal point she is the harder to explain the absence

of

Sheldon.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bfm said:

Right now my feelings are that the most plausible would be a Howardette-based spin-off, just by the "vibes" I ger from cast members, although there is generally less of Simon and Melissa out there so I really don't know. Kunal could be a regular in such a sitcom and Johnny, Kaley and Mayim could guess star. 

That is not what I would most like to see, just what I think has some chances of happening. I prefer a spin-off with the gangs' kids as young adult. This way they can have familiar traits of dynamic but it could be more fresh and have more place to grow given their ages, and would also allow for humor and creativity with futuristic stuff.

BINGO!!!!!

35 minutes ago, bfm said:

That is not what I would most like to see, just what I think has some chances of happening. I prefer a spin-off with the gangs' kids as young adult. This way they can have familiar traits of dynamic but it could be more fresh and have more place to grow given their ages, and would also allow for humor and creativity with futuristic stuff.

I think what we should remember as well is that Johnny and Kaley have their own production companies with deals to develop projects. Could they come up with some scenario of a spin-off and pitch it to WB/CBS? Not out of the realm of possibility.  However, not sure if they would want to reprise their roles of Penny and Leonard.......but it is intriguing to speculate about.

6 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I think what we should remember as well is that Johnny and Kaley have their own production companies with deals to develop projects. Could they come up with some scenario of a spin-off and pitch it to WB/CBS? Not out of the realm of possibility.  However, not sure if they would want to reprise their roles of Penny and Leonard.......but it is intriguing to speculate about.

Should I pitch them my idea? LOL  Then they can guest as old Leonard and Penny.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

I don’t know but if I’m ABC I am hoping the Conners survives its first season (a big if) and then go hard after Johnny and Kaley (Kaley as Blue).  

I be surprised if it last beyond one season. Killing off (or writing off) Parents off a TV Show never works out very well.   

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic